Jump to content
    jian_sierra
  • Author
  • 156 Words
  • 771 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Alone - 1. Chapter 1

Can anyone truly fathom the depths of being alone?

I guess not if you’ve never been in that state before

The seemingly endless days of being by yourself

Trapped in your own small senseless sanity

 

Has anyone truly been happy alone, I wonder

If I ask a hermit, what do you think he’ll say?

Or would my presence affect him somehow

His monotonous loneliness broken

 

If people were meant to be together

Why are there people alone?

Me and you, you and me as one

Will this be just thoughts forever?

 

I believe people can be happy alone

But then there are days when happiness is just an act

You laugh and dance and shout: I’m alive!

Only to be suddenly sucked into emptiness

 

People alone keep themselves busy

Occupying themselves with needless distractions

And a whole bunch of complete foolishness

But when all’s said and done, they’re all alone

Copyright © 2011 jian_sierra; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

We are born alone and we die alone. However, we live in the moments we share our lives with others. Your poem makes one stop and look your own life. Thank you for this.

Link to comment
On 04/01/2011 10:44 AM, comicfan said:
We are born alone and we die alone. However, we live in the moments we share our lives with others. Your poem makes one stop and look your own life. Thank you for this.
Hey there. Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to leave a review. You made an aspiring poet happy :D
Link to comment

This piece made me reflect on so many times in my life when I was alone, and pushed anyone away who tried to be there for me, and deep inside, I wanted them there, but was hurting too much to allow them to be close. Words of this poem is the truth, no matter what anyone says about being happier as a loner. great writing! :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..