Jump to content

Golf Balls and Boy Balls

There are currently no reviews.

Meeting on the driving range Jim and Adam become fast friends

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

You do tend to shift speakers without warning or identification which is sometimes confusing. However, I have not had too much trouble and the story is certainly interesting. The money is a little too unbelievable. Their fathers could not have had a separate company worth some 34 billion without there being something shown in their prior tax returns which the lawyers would have. With a net worth like that, the death taxes would be astronomical as well....Even with everything held in trusts, the income used or profits taken would still be taxable soooo!??

 

A couple of hundred million is a lot. Billions and billions starts to sound like the number of hamburgers sold at

Mickey D's. Oprah is only worth a couple of billion (2.4 per Forbes).

Link to comment
On 06/17/2011 12:29 PM, Daddydavek said:
You do tend to shift speakers without warning or identification which is sometimes confusing. However, I have not had too much trouble and the story is certainly interesting. The money is a little too unbelievable. Their fathers could not have had a separate company worth some 34 billion without there being something shown in their prior tax returns which the lawyers would have. With a net worth like that, the death taxes would be astronomical as well....Even with everything held in trusts, the income used or profits taken would still be taxable soooo!??

 

A couple of hundred million is a lot. Billions and billions starts to sound like the number of hamburgers sold at

Mickey D's. Oprah is only worth a couple of billion (2.4 per Forbes).

Thanks for the review. Sorry you find it un-believiable, but if you look at the Fortune 500 that is way down the list in net worth.I must be a worse writer than I thought. Jim is the only one telling the story. Yes I use dialog to tell the story, so is it that I don't use enough speaker tags that says who is speaking. I will try to do better.I didn't mean to imply the corporation didn't pay taxes, of course, they do. The owners don't have to pay taxes on anything but what they take out of the corporation in either dividends or selling stock. Since they held corporation in blind trusts and relied on the officers to run the company. I really appreciate the review and will try to add more speaker tags if that will help.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..