Jump to content
    jkwsquirrel
  • Author
  • 3,958 Words
  • 3,532 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Commencement - 7. On the Chopping Block

“Where in the hell have you been?” mom asked as I came in through the back door of the house long after the sun had gone down. I could still feel the results of Brett’s love inside me as I walked through the woods. We had taken turns that afternoon, giving each other as much pleasure as two boys could want. But now, in the kitchen, I knew I was going to have to pay for my pleasure.

 

“I was with Brett,” I answered honestly. “Would you like to know what we were doing?”

 

Mom recoiled with disgust. “Oh! God no! That’s disgusting! Billy, I asked you to end things with him, not go have sex with him! You deliberately disobeyed me!”

 

“Yes I did,” I replied. “It’s funny how having your secrets exposed frees you and helps you to understand what’s important. Brett is my boyfriend, mom. Whether you like it or not, that’s not going to change. We belong together, and the more you try to push us apart the stronger our love will become.”

 

“You can’t love a boy the way you love a girl!” mom insisted. “It’s just not possible! Billy, what you are doing…”

 

“’What you are doing is sinful and wrong,’” I finished what she was going to say. “I know. And I don’t care! Kick me out if you want to. I’ll find a place. I’ll drop out of school and get a job and pay for my insulin. I’d rather die than stay away from Brett. In fact, I will die if I can’t be with him. You’re just going to have to throw me out like your hero did to his son.”

 

Mom gave me such a glare, I thought for a second she might seriously do what I’d dared her to do. It was a gamble, but I was willing to sacrifice everything to be with Brett. Mom turned away, unable to look at the disgrace she’d given birth to.

 

“Man shall not lie with man as he lies with woman,” mom said, as if convincing herself of the scripture’s truth.

 

“Scripture also says to not frustrate your children,” I replied.

 

“Where does it say that?” mom asked incredulously.

 

“Ephesians.”

 

“How do you even know that?”

 

“I googled it.”

 

“I don’t even want to know what that means!” mom gagged.

 

“The point is scripture says a lot of things. Isn’t it the love that we have for each other that’s important? If I had murdered Brett instead of slept with him, I’d be more welcome in your church than I am now. That’s insane. You can either be a Pharisee and try to squeeze out every last law you can find to punish me for loving who I love, or you can be like Jesus and understand that love is love no matter who it’s for.”

 

Mom paused. “That is… the… stupidest theology I’ve ever heard!” And then she started to laugh. I couldn’t believe it. I certainly never expected it. I hadn’t heard her laugh in so long that I’d forgotten what it sounded like. The situation was so absurd that I started to laugh too. It took us a good minute to finally get ourselves under control, and even then a snicker from one of us would get the other one started again.

 

Finally, mom gathered her senses enough to speak again. “Oh mercy! It feels good to laugh with you again!”

 

“Yeah, this is what you’ll miss when you kick me out,” I replied.

 

“Oh, no one’s going to kick you out! Come on, what kind of mother do you take me for?”

 

“I don’t know, you sounded pretty serious about it.”

 

“Billy, you know my opinion. I think what you’re doing with that boy is wrong. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise. If you have sex with another boy it’s sin. Period. That’s God’s law. There’s nothing you or I can do to change it. But there’s also nothing that you could do that will ever make me stop loving you, or stop being my son. You did make a good point, even if you murdered someone I would still love you. So, if I would love you if you killed somebody, why would I stop loving you if you think you love somebody? One of those is obviously worse than the other.”

 

“So you’re not going to kick me out?”

 

“What kind of mother would I be if I did?”

 

I didn’t answer that one.

 

“However, I still haven’t changed my mind on other things. I still think it’s wrong. I don’t want that boy in my house, ever. I wish that you would honor my wishes and end things with him, but I know how stubborn you are. You are your father’s son, through and through. I don’t want to see him. Every time I do it just reminds me of what you do with him, and I don’t want to think about that. It disgusts me. I would prefer that you ride with Joey to school, but I know you two don’t get along. You could ride to school with Emily. She’s such a nice girl.”

 

“So you want me to ride in a car with a girl alone?”

 

“It would be better than riding with that boy.”

 

“What if she tries to seduce me? Remember when she went around kissing all the boys at the Christmas party?”

 

Mom just looked at me. “This is not a joke Billy.”

 

“Okay, so if Em blows me do you want me to tell you about it or is that too disgusting for you?”

 

“Billy, why do you have to be so difficult? I’m being more than fair with you.”

 

“Was it fair when you and David got together without talking to me about it?”

 

Mom paused. She thought deeply about my question before she answered. “I… No. No it wasn’t. I didn’t take your feelings into account when I started dating him. I think it was fair that you felt like I had betrayed your father by going out with another man so soon after he died. I demanded more from you than you were ready to give. I understand why you were being difficult. You were getting sick and because you didn’t trust me you didn’t tell me what was wrong with you. I think your behavior was understandable under the circumstances. Just like I think that you should take my concern for you more seriously.”

 

“Here’s the thing, mom. I know I was being a jerk. I know I treat David like a dick, and he’s actually been an okay guy, sort of. But I know that you love him, and I guess he loves you too. That’s all I’m asking from you. You don’t have to celebrate my love for Brett, I just want you to respect us as two people who know what we’re doing.”

 

“I do respect you. But that doesn’t mean that I agree with you. I’m not trying to push you away, I’m trying to bring you closer. I’m trying to save you from yourself!”

 

“I don’t need you to save me from myself or from Brett. I wouldn’t have made it through this year without Brett.”

 

“Billy, I wanted to help you! But you closed yourself off from me and distanced yourself from me! You won’t let me help you!”

 

“You don’t understand, mom. To you, this whole argument is about sex. But it’s not about sex, it’s about love! I love Brett, and I loved him long before I had sex with him. I would still love him if we never had sex again. But that wouldn’t be fair to either of us. No one is asking you to not have sex with David. I just want what you have. Isn’t that fair?”

 

Mom sat down in a chair and ran her fingers through her hair. “This is worse than arguing with your father. Okay. We’re not going to solve this tonight. Let’s just call a truce for now. Keep that boy away from me and don’t flaunt what you do with him around town. That’s fair enough. I won’t even ask you about him. As far as I’m concerned he doesn’t exist. Don’t bring him around. Don’t even talk to me about him. I don’t want to know your business. You’re going to be eighteen in a few days. It’d be silly of me to treat you like a child. In so many ways you’ve matured and earned the right to live your life your way. I couldn’t have had this conversation with you a year ago. You would have blown up and thrown a fit. Can you live with what I’ve asked?”

 

“Isn’t Pastor Carl going to be mad that you’re letting a sinner like me stay in your house?”

 

“Billy, Pastor Carl and I have had many conversations about this. He knows that every situation is different. You’re not his son. Nate was a wicked child who gave Carl no choice. Pastor Carl doesn’t hate you, Billy. He loves everyone. He wants to help you if you’d give him a chance.”

 

“I think you mean he wants to brainwash me. No thanks.”

 

“I would expect that to be your answer. Well, you don’t want to leave do you?”

 

“Not really.”

 

“And neither I nor David want you to go, so I don’t think you should worry about that. To be honest, I didn’t expect you to drop your insulin pump and leave yesterday. That’s not what I wanted – I wanted you to choose me over him. Obviously that was a mistake and I’m sorry I did that to you. All I ask is that you respect my wishes as far as keeping that boy out of this house. What you do with him at his place is on his mother’s head, not mine.”

 

“Okay,” I replied. “And ‘that boy’ does have a name. Brett loves you, you know, and it’s really hurt him the way you’ve treated him.”

 

Mom sighed. “Billy… Don’t do this to me. This is painful enough. Please don’t mention his name around me again.”

 

We entered into an uneasy truce. Mom kept her word and left me alone, never asking me about Brett or asking me to dump him. I didn’t bring Brett to the house or talk about my love life with her, not that I wanted to talk about sex with my mother anyway. And Brett once again became my ride to school since, after all, he wasn’t coming into the house, he was just picking me up. Brett wouldn’t go into the house, even if mom and Dave weren’t home.

 

So the week went by just like Monday had without incident. I was beginning to build hope that maybe the school wasn’t planning for my death. My relationship with Miss Winston was a little bit frosty, more ‘student and teacher’ than it had been before I blew up at her. I didn’t hang around after class and she didn’t talk to me about anything besides school stuff. Joey and I happily went back to the cold war that we’d been in for the last year, neither having much to do with the other. And for the most part life went on as usual. Maybe I’d survive senior year after all!

 

When Saturday came, I breathed a sigh of relief. The week hadn’t been too bad! It was my last day as a seventeen-year-old and I was excited. It felt like so many doors were waiting to be opened when I turned eighteen. I was planning to spend the night at Brett’s place, and then when I got home on Sunday mom was planning to take me out to eat. She was in for a surprise the next time she saw me. Everybody was.

 

Early in the afternoon I left my house with my stuff and walked up the hill into the woods. When I got to the crossroads, I turned left and walked down to Dustin’s place. It wasn’t too cold outside, but it still felt good to walk into the warmth of Dustin’s house. He greeted me and led me inside.

 

“Mom’s not here today, so we have the place to ourselves,” Dustin said.

 

“Cool. You know why I’m here.”

 

“You sure you want to go through with this? It’s a big step.”

 

“I’m sure. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time, and I wanted you to be the one to do it for me.”

 

“I’m honored. Well, we might as well get it over with. You should probably take off your shirt. You mind if I get a picture?”

 

“That’s a good idea,” I replied.

 

Dustin took my picture and then I walked with him up to his room where I took off my shirt and threw it on his bed.

 

“You’re sure about this? Once we do it there’s no going back.”

 

“I’m positive,” I insisted. “I can’t take it anymore.”

 

“Okay, sit on the stool there and we’ll get started.”

 

I sat down as Dustin instructed. He reached into his bookbag and withdrew a pair of electric shears he’d borrowed from a friend of his. He plugged them in and clicked them on. The buzzing sound of the shears filled the room.

 

“Last chance,” Dustin warned.

 

I sighed, looking in the mirror one last time at the mop of hair I had asked Dustin to destroy for me. It had taken me almost two and a half years to grow, and in just a few minutes it would all be gone. “Chop it,” I insisted.

 

Dustin grabbed a handful of my wavy blond locks. The clippers whined as they hacked their way through the thick cord of hair. Once he’d chopped through it, he offered it to me. “There you go, the first cut!”

 

“Don’t stop now!” I replied. “Take it all off!”

 

It took a lot longer than I’d imagined for Dustin to make any progress. Apparently you can grow a whole lot of hair in two and a half years. Dustin remarked that maybe he should have brought a weedwhacker instead of a pair of clippers, but he kept hacking away taking off more and more of my mane. He had to turn the clippers off a few times to keep them from overheating. After about fifteen minutes, I began to feel the clippers buzzing against my head. Dustin put a guard on the blade to keep from scalping me instead of giving me a buzzcut. Finally, after about a half hour of work, Dustin turned off the clippers for the last time.

 

“There you go! All done!”

 

I turned to look into the mirror. “Holy shit! It’s me again!” The boy with the closely sheared haircut looked back at me from the mirror. All around my feet lay over two years’ worth of golden hair.

 

“You don’t look like the Cowardly Lion anymore,” Dustin said, admiring his work. “I’d offer to give you a shave too, but why bother? It’d take you two more years to grow anything on that babyface of yours worth shaving.”

 

I rubbed my hands all over my head, enjoying the feeling. I felt a hundred pounds lighter than I had before.

 

“Your hair looks brown now that it’s cut,” Dustin observed.

 

“Yeah. The longer it gets the blonder it looks. I’m just glad it’s gone. Can I take a quick shower?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, let me get it ready for you,” Dustin replied.

 

I followed Dustin into the bathroom and he grabbed a wash cloth and some soap for me to use, and then he left me alone. I quickly stripped off my pants and underwear and removed Navi, then I jumped in the shower. It didn’t take very long now that my hair was a foot shorter. I watched as the drain quickly clogged up with hair remnants, which I cleaned up before shutting off the shower. I stood there for a second and just enjoyed the feeling of being refreshed. I stepped out of the shower and realized I didn’t have a towel, just as Dustin opened the door and walked in.

 

“I forgot to give you a… Oh! Sorry!” Dustin stopped in his tracks when he saw my naked body. His eyes very obviously shot downward and then back to my face. He just stood there frozen with the towel in his hand.

 

“So are you going to give me the towel?” I asked awkwardly.

 

“Oh yeah!” Dustin replied. He shook his head and handed me the towel. I started to dry myself off with it, another process that would be a lot easier without having to dry so much hair.

 

“Ummm… Are you planning to watch me dry off the whole time?” I asked.

 

Dustin blushed. “Oh! Right! Sorry! It’s just…”

 

“It’s not like you haven’t seen me naked before,” I said with a laugh. I took the towel and wrapped it around my waist.

 

“It’s been a while,” Dustin said. “You look good. You can tell that you’ve been working out. Anyway, let me get out of your hair.” He awkwardly backed out of the bathroom and closed the door. I finished drying off and put my pants back on. I stepped out of the bathroom and returned to Dustin’s room where he was sitting at the computer Mike had given him playing a game. I grabbed my shirt off his bed and slipped it back on.

 

“I feel so much better!” I said.

 

“I’ll bet you do. I was mad when they chopped mine off at the hospital, but I’m glad they did it now. Last year I let it grow about six months and then went to a good barber. I think it looks good now.”

 

“Yeah, you always had great hair until you went and dyed it black.”

 

“Well, at the time, I didn’t really want to stand out. You know what I mean? A john would remember a red head who sucked his cock more than he would a kid with black hair. I was just a suck or a fuck, not someone who’d stand out. I didn’t want to be recognized on the street.”

 

“Yeah. I guess I never thought about why you did it. I just thought you were going through an emo stage.”

 

“Well I was, but that was just a side effect of the whole prostitution thing.” Dustin stopped his game and turned to look at me. “You know, some days I miss it.”

 

“You miss being a rent boy?” I asked.

 

“In a way, yeah. I mean, it wasn’t all bad. In a way, it was kind of fun. Most of the guys I was with were really nice. The only one who really hurt me was my dad. The johns were mostly just guys whose wives wouldn’t suck them off. Guys give better blow jobs anyway. I was really good at it because I have, like, almost no gag reflex.”

 

“You’re not considering going back are you?” I asked.

 

“Oh no,” Dustin said. “Those days are gone. I’m too old. Besides, the park’s under lockdown at night now and cops are all over it. I figure the rent boys found someplace else. Wherever that is, I don’t know. Once you’re out of the scene you can’t really get back in. Besides, I can’t even think about getting fucked without getting sick.”

 

“Really?” I asked.

 

“Yeah. I just… Dude, I almost died because of what my dad did to me. He didn’t fuck me, thank god, but he did rape me with a broomstick. That wasn’t exactly easy to get over, you know. That’s the last thing that I ever had in my ass. I can’t even think about putting anything else in there. I can barely get it up watching porn now. He really fucked me up. Seeing you naked was the first time I got an honest-to-god hard-on in weeks.”

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“You want me to show you?” Dustin asked.

 

“No, I mean about it being the first time. You mean you can’t get hard at all?”

 

“Apparently I can if I’m looking at you,” Dustin replied. “I can’t explain it.”

 

“Wow, that is weird.”

 

“Not really. I mean, I always thought of myself as gay-for-pay, but maybe not. Maybe I’m more queer than I thought. Maybe I need to switch to gay porn? I’ll bet your boyfriend would lend me something good.”

 

“Well, he gets his porn online mostly, but I’ll bet he’s got a few websites he’d tell you about.”

 

“Cool. Because let me tell you, I’m getting a little desperate. I can’t tell you the last time I got off. Most of the time, I don’t even care. But today…”

 

“I wouldn’t recommend telling Brett that I make you hard. Somehow, I don’t think he would take that very well. And you guys have been getting along since you came back.”

 

“Yeah, I’m as surprised as you are. I don’t know. I guess when you almost die in someone’s living room it changes things between you. He was kind of the reason I came back. I was content to just stay in Pittsburgh and not come back, but he convinced me to come home. I’ll be honest, I understand now why you always liked him so much. I never got it because all I ever saw was his nasty side. But he’s really nice. I wish we would have been friends years ago instead of always being jerks to each other.”

 

“That was always my wish too. I’m really glad to see it now.”

 

“Yeah…” Dustin said. “Oh! Before you go, I have to get another picture!”

 

Dustin grabbed his camera off his dresser and took a new picture of me, so that he would have a before-and-after shot of me. When he got the film developed, he promised that he’d show me the difference. After that, I thanked him again, gave him a hug and set out for Brett’s house. I couldn’t wait for Brett to see my new look. But as I left, I couldn’t help but think about Dustin’s plight. I guess because he looked so much healthier on the outside that I never really considered how wounded he still was on the inside. I wondered what other damage had been done to him that was yet to be uncovered.

Thanks for reading! Goodbye long-haired Billy! I'll miss your flowing blond locks.

Next Time: Eighteen and Life
Copyright © 2017 jkwsquirrel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 11
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

12 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yes I was right!!! I'm glad Paula is somewhat in truce mode. Still don't trust her. Maybe billy should talk to Dave about it, like many say he may find an ally. Dustin I love you and I hope you find someone.

There’s always Joey! Maybe if he bent over and let Dustin have his way with him, he’d find out what he’s been missing! But he’d have to take the big stick out of his *ss first!  ;-)

 

 

A brand-new haircut for the new adult (legally at least).  ;-)

Link to comment

Glad there is a truce with Paula as uneasy as it is.  Billy and Dustin had a good talk and a more mature Billy understands that even though Dustin looks better on the outside he realizes that Dustin is still along way from whole.  Dustin’s reaction does seem to bode interesting things in our boys future relationships.  Can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the newly shorn Billy.  I hope Billy throws some more bible verses at Paula.  

 

Waiting on the coin collection revelation too.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

You can either be a Pharisee and try to squeeze out every last law you can find to punish me for loving who I love, or you can be like Jesus and understand that love is love no matter who it’s for.”

 

     Mom paused.  “That is… the… stupidest theology I’ve ever heard!” 

 

that little exchange explains more of Pastor Carl’s churches theology than I have seen yet.  That was a perfect answer to her Billy.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Please please please no polyamory. 😓 I’d be so disappointed after all billy and Brett have been through!!  Happy things are better with mom - for now. 😳

  • Like 4
Link to comment

“Billy, Pastor Carl and I have had many conversations about this."

 

This line bothers me, should it?????

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Dustin has really taken a beating --- emotionally and physically. It'll take a lot more for Dustin to heal emotionally. I enjoyed his talk with Billy. They both sounded mature, and it was nice to read a conversation that didn't end in yelling and screaming.

 

I also enjoyed the talk Billy had with his mother. I really liked when Billy through parts of the Bible at her! :lol: What kind of mother would I be if I kicked you out? Well, she was going to withhold his MEDS for God's sakes! What kind of mother does that????? Hmmm, Paula????? You'd rather have a dead son than a gay son? Also, she is being way too unreasonable about Brett. After all, she and George treated Brett like another son. How can she turn her back on him for something he has no control over? I'd be really upset too, if I were Brett.

 

I'm looking forward to the reactions to the chopping block. :P 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Yes I was right!!! I'm glad Paula is somewhat in truce mode. Still don't trust her. Maybe billy should talk to Dave about it, like many say he may find an ally. Dustin I love you and I hope you find someone.

Thanks!  I always enjoy your thoughts on the story!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, droughtquake said:

There’s always Joey! Maybe if he bent over and let Dustin have his way with him, he’d find out what he’s been missing! But he’d have to take the big stick out of his *ss first!  ;-)

 

 

A brand-new haircut for the new adult (legally at least).  ;-)

Somehow, I don't see that happening! But we can dream.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Shadow086 said:

I don't trust Paula either, but I really enjoyed Billy using the bible to make his point.  And honestly, I think the current truce is about the most compromise Billy can get out of her, so he shouldn't try to push his luck.  I have a feeling things will be different once he turns 18.  And once again, where was Dave?  It sounds like the guy is never around, and Billy really needs to form some kind of relationship with him because it doesn't sound like the vanilla douche is going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

 

Poor Dustin.  It's obvious he still likes Billy, and I hope he finds the right person.  Looking at what he said, he's definitely a top in a gay relationship, but I also think that what he misses most is how his johns made him feel loved and valued.  I don't think it's really about the sex.  His dad may be gone, but I think he's still being neglected and treated like shit, so the main reason he started selling himself is still there.

 

Brett gets along with Dustin now because he doesn't see him as a threat to his relationship with Billy.  I hope it stays that way.

 

Eighteen and Life:  Sounds like trouble.  Maybe the uneasy truce will come to an end?

 

What about the coin box, any news on that? :P

Dave - Maybe he's there and Billy just ignores him in his narrating?

 

Dustin - I think you may be right in thinking that he was seeking out from other men what his father never gave him, and then his father went and ruined that for him too.

 

Brett and Dustin - I think Brett has matured past his war with Dustin.  It all seems silly to him now.

 

What coin collection?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, tinytoes said:

LOVED IT!! :2thumbs:

Can't wait for mom's reaction. 

Thanks!  I'm glad you liked it, my friend!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, glennish said:

Glad there is a truce with Paula as uneasy as it is.  Billy and Dustin had a good talk and a more mature Billy understands that even though Dustin looks better on the outside he realizes that Dustin is still along way from whole.  Dustin’s reaction does seem to bode interesting things in our boys future relationships.  Can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the newly shorn Billy.  I hope Billy throws some more bible verses at Paula.  

 

Waiting on the coin collection revelation too.  

As long as there is such a thing as googling, Billy will have plenty of Bible verses to use.  My favorite part of that portion of the conversation was Paula's ignorance of Google, and her suspicion that it's something vulgar.

 

What coin collection?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, glennish said:

You can either be a Pharisee and try to squeeze out every last law you can find to punish me for loving who I love, or you can be like Jesus and understand that love is love no matter who it’s for.”

 

     Mom paused.  “That is… the… stupidest theology I’ve ever heard!” 

 

that little exchange explains more of Pastor Carl’s churches theology than I have seen yet.  That was a perfect answer to her Billy.  

"You're making too much sense!  Stop it!"

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Sss0226 said:

Please please please no polyamory. 😓 I’d be so disappointed after all billy and Brett have been through!!  Happy things are better with mom - for now. 😳

Brett doesn't share his boyfriend.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, wenmale64 said:

I will hop on the wagon for those of us who do not trust Paula. I think she is trying to find middle ground, but her brainwashing church and pastor have a tighter grip than good sence.  Dustin has come a long way. I hope he can find someone to help him understand things can change and show him the love he needs. The short hair is going to rile up everybody... some good and some bad :) .  I too am interested in the coin collection Billys dad made such a point about keeping. Come on, throw us a hint at least.  I still want Jack and Joey to take a 400 foot bungee jump with a 405 foot cord...... Keep up the great writing Jeff, you are doing an outstanding job!!!!

Thanks!  Still some work to do with Paula, that's for sure.  Seems like she's just trying to run out the clock until Billy graduates and moves out, then she can keep her son and her church.  At least that's what she's hoping.

 

What coin collection?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, glennish said:

“Billy, Pastor Carl and I have had many conversations about this."

 

This line bothers me, should it?????

It reveals that Paula is seeking support and guidance from someone who she deeply trusts.  It also reveals that she is giving Carl all the ammunition he needs about Billy.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Lisa said:

Dustin has really taken a beating --- emotionally and physically. It'll take a lot more for Dustin to heal emotionally. I enjoyed his talk with Billy. They both sounded mature, and it was nice to read a conversation that didn't end in yelling and screaming.

 

I also enjoyed the talk Billy had with his mother. I really liked when Billy through parts of the Bible at her! :lol: What kind of mother would I be if I kicked you out? Well, she was going to withhold his MEDS for God's sakes! What kind of mother does that????? Hmmm, Paula????? You'd rather have a dead son than a gay son? Also, she is being way too unreasonable about Brett. After all, she and George treated Brett like another son. How can she turn her back on him for something he has no control over? I'd be really upset too, if I were Brett.

 

I'm looking forward to the reactions to the chopping block. :P 

Well, as Paula said, she didn't think Billy would actually go through with leaving.  She had no intention of cutting off his medication, he just called her bluff, something which he'd never done before.  George talked about it during the card game in his last appearance.  If Billy ever learned how to tell when someone's bluffing, he'd be unstoppable.  That said, she really shouldn't have made that threat, and I think it's clear that she regrets it.  Now as for the way she's treating Brett, that's cold.  Like I said above, I think she's looking to run out the clock.  Once Billy graduates, she's sure that the boys will move on from this thing they've got going on, and maybe Billy will find a nice young girl to settle down with. That's how it works, right?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, jkwsquirrel said:

It reveals that Paula is seeking support and guidance from someone who she deeply trusts.  It also reveals that she is giving Carl all the ammunition he needs about Billy.

The ammunition is what scares me.  Does Carl share this info with anyone?? (Jack Mackenzie) that would be bad. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I remember back then when I had to trim my hair down after keeping it at shoulder length of like 2-3 years. I was scared of change, but it felt better to have my hair cut short afterwards. I feel like I'm back to who I was 2 years ago. I guess that adds to my "similarities with Billy" list.

About Dustin, I thought he's straight as he mentioned a couple of chapters back? Maybe he's bi, I guess?

Spoiler

I forgot to mention in the last chapter that Brett have totally seen through Billy's lie about not knowing anything about his father. After all Brett just admitted that he can easily see through every people's lies - one of his gifts.

Speaking of Brett. Shave his beard. Yes, I won't stop telling you about it. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

 

*Edited because I just recently discovered that part of my comment is a potential spoiler. Please don't open it. Trust me. Just enjoy the ride.*

Edited by noahthesmallpotato
Link to comment
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:11 AM, noahthesmallpotato said:

I remember back then when I had to trim my hair down after keeping it at shoulder length of like 2-3 years. I was scared of change, but it felt better to have my hair cut short afterwards. I feel like I'm back to who I was 2 years ago. I guess that adds to my "similarities with Billy" list.

About Dustin, I thought he's straight as he mentioned a couple of chapters back? Maybe he's bi, I guess?

  Hide contents

I forgot to mention in the last chapter that Brett have totally seen through Billy's lie about not knowing anything about his father. After all Brett just admitted that he can easily see through every people's lies - one of his gifts.

Speaking of Brett. Shave his beard. Yes, I won't stop telling you about it. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

 

*Edited because I just recently discovered that part of my comment is a potential spoiler. Please don't open it. Trust me. Just enjoy the ride.*

I think many of us go through a phase where we just want to change the reflection in the mirror every once in a while.  As for Dustin, I don't think he knows what he wants right now, and he never had a good example to show him how to deal with his feelings.  (Aiden's War and Dustin's World deal with a lot of this internal struggle for him.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..