Jump to content
    Jordn87
  • Author
  • 1,348 Words
  • 4,927 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Songs of the Heart - 2. Chapter 2 - Your Achey Breaky Nose

Revised 6/18

Dear Mr. Nessay Rodriguez,

 

It is with great regret that we must inform you that we are unable to offer you a loan at this time. We look forward to serving you in various other ways, with the variety of services we offer. If I can be any more assistance please feel free to contact me at the number below.

 

Sincerely,

 

Josh Hoeven

 

Loan Officer

 

NHAP Bank

 

 

 

Well, that was one fine way to start another shitty day, Sometimes I just wish I could get out of this funk I have been in. Instead, all I can do is worry about my finances and more importantly my bar’s finances. Finance and number crunching had never been my strong suit. Several years ago I cashed in medium-sized trust fund my grandparents had left me and bought out the old country bar in town. Something that did not go over real well with some of the locals, especially the minister of the oldest church in town It started as making a killing but steadily over the last few months I have been dealing with several incidents that have made it hard to run.

 

It all started when someone spray-painted “Fag” on every window and door, next someone decided to break in and smash every bottle of alcohol and liquor in the place, and just last week someone decided to smash in all the windows. If it wasn't for my best friends Odin and Ty, I don't think I would have made it through this last month. Man, it was good to have brothers, even if they are not blood. Our brotherhood started close to five years ago when we all met at one of those conferences meant to guide young people towards a career. I can still remember meeting them, I was lost and could only find two figures arguing over who led them astray. Odin who stands well over 6 feet tall was bent over locking eyes with Ty who is just under five feet and half. I had to chuckle at the absurdity of the scene in front of me. Eventually, we got everything straightened out and bonded over the next few days. Since then we have been close.

 

Shaking my head and coming back to current times, I reached for the next envelope on my desk. I look down and see it is from the concert board here and I shake my head. Not sure if I want or need to open this letter and see that bid for the festival was denied. All the bars in town had bid to be the official bar of the festival, also to have one of the biggest acts perform here. The cash flow would be just the injection my bar needed to live on. Just once in my life could something go right. I was just about to open the letter when five feet of blond male rushed into my office.

 

“WE DID IT NESS! WE GOT JBM TO AGREE TO BE OUR HEADLINER!”

 

I couldn't help but grin at my friend. His energy and enthusiasm echoed out throughout the bar. He had busted his tail over the last couple of years and his family a set of wealthy ranchers, from the area had donated lots of money and time to this festival.

 

“Um that's great Ty, but can you remind once again who JBM is?”

 

The look I got after that question, made me feel lucky looks don't kill. The thing you need to know about Ty is he loves music and at the moment he had a man-crush on all three members of JMB. Odin and I had given up long ago trying to persuade him to move on and find someone local to hook up with in Houston. I guess I should mention here that all three of us were gay and single.

 

“Ness we need to get you out of this bar and out into the real world with the rest of us. For your information, JBM was the group that won the singing contest America’s Next Hit! Their hit single My Way Baby stormed up the chart. Its been number one on charts for about three weeks! Gah! You are so frustratingly focused sometimes I wanna shake you!”

 

With that, I stood and came around the desk to hug him. “Thanks for reminding me Ty there's more to life than working and sleeping. Now onto this letter, I got from chairmen of the concert board, care to tell me what it says?”

 

The only answer I got was Ty grinning and shaking his head side to side, damn little pest, so grabbing my letter opener I sliced the letter open and pulled it out. Scanning the letter looking for the words “We regret” or “We’re sorry”. Instead, I found a check for $3000, and my bid to host the festival had been accepted. Lunging over my desk towards Ty, I wrapped my arms around him and spun him around. I wonder what this would have looked like if someone could have seen it, a caramel-skinned six feet tall dude spinning around a blond white as cream skinned barely five feet four-inch-tall screaming and laughing with excitement.

 

Suddenly Ty’s phone began to chirp so I put him down. I had to admit the tune it was blaring was catchy and I could see why people were liking it. I had a niggling feeling that one of the voices felt familiar. Watching as he answered it, slowly his grin spreading out wide across his handsome face. It was funny to watch because I could slowly see his excitement building until it burst and he hung up the phone. Grabbing my wrist I suddenly was jerked forward, for someone so small Ty had the strength of a bull.

 

"Ty…..Hold up…..STOP! Ty, what are you doing? I have bills to pay and I haven't started ordering things and getting the bar revamped for the festival! I don’t have time for whatever that phone call was about!”

 

In response, Ty continued to drag me ou towards the door of the bar and opened it. “For your information, we will be meeting with the star attraction of this show. JBM is here in town already, and their lead singer requested to meet you right away!”

 

“Great Ty just what I needed some mini diva to come strolling into town and think he can boss me about! If this dude thinks for one second I will give a damn about his-”

 

I was interrupted by the door opening and a ghost from a long-forgotten past entered. Same blond curls, bright crystal blue eyes, that “gonna have my way with you” smirk and trouble, that's all this bastard ever brought with him. Now I knew why that voice sounded familiar, I had grown up with the younger version of it.

 

“Ness Rodriguez I would like you to meet the lead singer for JBM, Mr. Brady Jordan!”

 

The bastard looks like he was about to speak, knowing my hatred and anger might fade if I gave him the chance to do so. I marched up to Mr. Hotshot and did something I wanted to do over the last fourteen years. All the bullying. all the name-calling and outing me to the school, the hell he made my life. He deserved something to remember me by, I had just the thing for him.

 

I kneed him right in the balls. Then proceeded to deck him straight in the nose as he bent over from the first blow! Watching him drop to his back was the best site I have ever seen. Turning towards the door I sprinted out and towards my home a couple of blocks away. Ignoring the voices calling for me to stop, letting the tears fall from my eyes fuel me, I sprinted home not sure what I was going to do.

Copyright © 2017 Jordn87; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 8
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 6
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Love the angst that your have set up between Nessay and Brady. I hope time can heal all wounds although I must say Brady did get what he deserved.  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Crazyd1965 said:

Give the bastard what he deserved. Go Nessay!!

Thanks for reading :)  Next chapter is more Nessay ;)   

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, deville said:

A really good start. Well , that’s a homecoming Brady won’t forget . 

Thanks for reading ;) Your right I def don't think Brady was expecting that. He is so used to men and woman both fawning and drooling over him, something Nessay  would never admit  or show :)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, glennish said:

Love the angst that your have set up between Nessay and Brady. I hope time can heal all wounds although I must say Brady did get what he deserved.  

Thanks for reading ;) I think people will find Nessay is a better person then most of us, he tends to look forward  than backwards. But you'll see why in the next chapter :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

I love this story! Go Nessay!! Of course he could've waited to see what he was gonna say.

  Reveal hidden contents

Ps read the latest chapter on nifty. Shame on you for making me cry!

 

Nessay isn't known as a patient person, he does have a temper like no other.  Though Brady has a way of dealing with it that's highly effective lol 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I like how Nessay the 5’5 ft.  man knocked a 6’0 ft.  cowboy on his ass. Big whooping in a small package. You go peanut!

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

I like how Nessay the 5’5 ft.  man knocked a 6’0 ft.  cowboy on his ass. Big whooping in a small package. You go peanut!

:) Nessay is def a firecracker, Chap 3  is being posted tonight ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yay! Go Nessay! Brady certainly deserved that and more! :lol: 

 

Now he can eat crow and apologize for being such a douchebag to his once best friend.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Lisa said:

Yay! Go Nessay! Brady certainly deserved that and more! :lol: 

 

Now he can eat crow and apologize for being such a douchebag to his once best friend.

Well theirs the small issue of the door being fixed first lol  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ouch - physical and emotional pain all rolled into one! I hope he didn't damage anything he might need later! ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, Mym8te said:

Ouch - physical and emotional pain all rolled into one! I hope he didn't damage anything he might need later! ;)

Its Nessays specialty   to be able to bring Brady back down when he gets too cocky :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

 This is a really cool story, with a very intriguing set up.  I’m so looking forward to this. 

 

 And Brady deserves that and more. Something tells me, though, that he knows it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, tesao said:

 This is a really cool story, with a very intriguing set up.  I’m so looking forward to this. 

 

 And Brady deserves that and more. Something tells me, though, that he knows it. 

Thanks for reading :) Brady I think will grow on people when they see under his arrogant  shell :) I agree with you though Brady deserved that nut shot and punch,  don't worry though Nessay will get his ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nessay is a spitfire! I feel badly for Brady's balls, but he really did have that coming. Brady is going to have a hard time making things right at this rate.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, JeffreyL said:

Nessay is a spitfire! I feel badly for Brady's balls, but he really did have that coming. Brady is going to have a hard time making things right at this rate.

Unfortunately for Brady its not the last time  he will feel Nessay's wrath  :)  

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Serves him right for being an ass! Can't believe I didn't discover this story before! At least now I have a bunch of chapters to binge read :P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Serves him right for being an ass! Can't believe I didn't discover this story before! At least now I have a bunch of chapters to binge read :P

:)  thanks :) I hope you enjoy my story as much as I have enjoyed yours :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Jordn87 said:

:)  thanks :) I hope you enjoy my story as much as I have enjoyed yours :)

So far I'm loving it! I've got just 2 more chapters to go. you better be writing new ones! :read:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, ObicanDecko said:

So far I'm loving it! I've got just 2 more chapters to go. you better be writing new ones! :read:

its actually finished just needs editing :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Is that what they mean by "knee deep"?? Oh yes...he'll be digging those "twins" out of his spine!! Very niceeeeeeee...I'm catching up:worship:

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Onim
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..