Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,413 Words
  • 1,903 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently attempting to edit this and all my stories once again! I am adding some small changes like how things are explained or even redoing interactions with characters entirely!
Hope you enjoy these new changes!

Star Crossed: Finding the other - 2. Lost Little One

Mekaias

What...what just happened?

I look back as the boat speeds down the river.

No!

Lucain! Why?

I see him running up the river, shooting randomly at some scary guards who were coming out the building.

They chase after him, completely ignoring me.

I turn back as the shooting gets quieter and quieter.

He saved me. Why? Why go through all this just to sacrifice himself for me?

I feel tears rolling down my cheeks and I rub them off, laying back down on the ropes.

They smell awful. Like rotten fish and blood.

I reach over and pick up a…recorder?

It says to press play.

After a 3 second delay, a hologram of Lucain comes up.

He looks younger in it. His four yellow eyes don’t have any wrinkles around them and his red skin isn’t dark from age. He looks just as tired though.

Yetaria, if you are getting this,” Lucain's voice says, "then I’m afraid I couldn’t go any further with you. I regret not being able to save you sooner. I've only been here two years and they have me training to pick out which slaves are good enough for them or not. Its disgusting Mekaias! To pick out of our own people to die later from their impossible jobs? I hate it!”

The boat is beginning to slow now but I continue listening to Lucain.

“I know that you know this stuff already. I am honestly just stalling at this point. I don’t want you to be going through this by yourself, but you are strong and brave. I know you can make it out of this awful grave of a planet."

"I was supposed to take you to Aileta, so I've left a map for you on this device. It’s some tech that Aileta stole from the King’s closest followers."

"You should see her now, Mekaias. She has made a great change in her businesses. She's no longer the ringleader that we knew. She owns strip clubs! Can you believe it?! Even one for our taste! Apparently, a club for women wasn’t needed because all the men have the money in the higher class.”

The boat has stopped at an empty dock.

I look out and only see the rain has calmed down. I so badly want to feel it on my skin, but I need to finish listening to this message.

“Again, I am stalling…I’m very sorry I couldn’t make it with you, my Yetaria. I promised your mother that I would get you out even if that meant waiting a few years. I wasn’t going to let them keep you, even if she didn’t make me promise. However, you should know that Aileta has your Life Stone.”

At that, I pause because I feel betrayed immediately, but then I stop myself.

Don’t be stupid, Mekaias. Lucain has died for you.

I should trust Aileta anyway since I am still alive and able to heal.

“I know you probably feel betrayed but just know I found people near our secret home. I couldn’t think of anywhere else to hide it but with her. I hope you understand! She promised to take great care of it! She also said that when she sees you. She hopes to use it to help you speak with your ancestors.”

I bite my lip.

Of course Aileta wants to make me do that.

My mother waited for me to somehow grow taller and stronger. Since that never happened we never got the chance.

That is when I have the perfect idea.

Surely there must be at least one ancestor in that damned stone that was like me; deformed by height!

Even if it was a female, I will learn their ways.

I may not know this power I now hold, but I can feel its power in my mind. Mother always said it feels like a nice blanket somehow wrapped around your entire body.

I can understand what she says now.

My Ma'tiem. I miss her so much.

I will find that bastard who killed her.

The King may think I will just run and hide, but I plan to get revenge. I will need a little help from a few ancestors in the stone. I am sure they won't mind.

I press play and continue to listen.

“Its kind of weird honestly; recording a message that's for the chance I die.” He gives a small laugh and then seems to stare straight at me. “Yetaria, you are very much worth it. I know you didn’t feel the connection as I did but deep in my two little hearts, I can personally say you are worth everything. You we're the bestest friend I could ever have! You need to get off this planet and find a better life. This isn’t a place someone like you should be in.”

More tears begin to fall from my face.

“Aileta, Camiya, and I all believed you would do great things elsewhere. Yes, you were amazing in the aerial hoop acts, but you deserve to be out there living the life where you truly feel happy!"

"As I end this message, please know that none of this is your fault. You hear me? Absolutely nothing is your fault.”

He sighs and rubs his eyes, he’s crying as well. “I love you, Yetaria. You will be free. I promise!”

He gives a small smile and then he disappears.

I close my eyes and let a few tears slip out.

I can do this. If not for me, at least for Lucain and my mother.

I look at the device and see a blinking icon. I click it and see a map open.

It reveals my location and starts to show a bright red arrow leading out into the world.

Hesitantly, I get up and walk to the edge where the roof stops, the rain is falling about a foot in front of me.

I haven’t felt the rain in years. The air is cold, yet I should be used to the cold.

This cold feels like its trying to seep into my skin though.

Slowly I lift a hand up.

It is about three inches from leaving the safety of the roof.

With a deep breath I push it out into the rain.

Wow! I know its been years but its like the memory of feeling it so long ago never even left!

I step out more, facing upwards with my eyes closed and letting the rain softly hit my face.

It feels amazing!

A refreshing breath of life that washes away the years of being in a cage. I’m finally waking up from this long suffering. I feel free.

Thank you Lucain. I will forever be grateful for this.

Making sure my hood covers my ears, I step further into the city.

Time to find Aileta.


~~~


Now I remember why I hated the rain.

Its super cold now!

While I'm thankful to feel it again, I would very much like to stay out of it now.

I’m walking down a few empty streets.

Every now and then I see a slave delivering things to who knows where.

I smile as I see them, happy to see my own people again. They look at me, smile for a second, and then stare in shock as I walk past. To say it feels weird would be an understatement.

A lot has changed since I was last walking around here. There are the same rundown buildings that are made of yellow weeds and orange stone that usually house other slaves. Now there are also buildings made of metal and stone. They look more…put together I guess? They aren’t as beatdown as the stone houses. Though as I walk further down, the stone buildings increase and the metal ones disappear.

At that the map seems to change its mind and send me back towards the metal houses.

I sure hope this machine is fine. I really don’t want to get lost.

Everything is so different here I know for a fact that I will lose my way.

As I’m seeing more metal buildings, some twice or triple as tall as the ones before, more people begin to fill in the streets.

They don’t exactly give me good looks as I walk by. Some of the mothers even pull their children away from me.

I am wondering why but then I remember I am in the King’s very own sex slave attire.

I pull the coat tighter around me.

Not only does it cover more, but Lucain’s smell is still in it which helps push me along and calm my nerves.

Eventually I get to an area where I must wait for a signal to cross.

I let my eyes wonder around enjoying the new colors and lights of the new world in my home.

That’s when I see a guard.

I freeze before quickly moving to hide behind a giant android who is carrying groceries.

I peek around him and see the guard watching over everyone crossing the street.

Oh no!

Surely he won’t see me in this coat? It covers me all the way to my knees.

I’ll walk close to this android so he doesn’t see me that well.

As the signal to cross sounds off, the android immediately starts walking with the crowd around us. I grab onto his coat’s sleeve and cling to his side as best I can to sneak past.

When we reach the other side, I risk it and look back.

The guard is gone! Where is he?

The device in my hands beeps twice then says that I have arrived at my destination.

I look around but see nothing that seems right. Did I walk the wrong way?

I look around the corner and then I see it.

Across the street is a giant metal building that is glowing in the night with bright pink lights. There are little posters of female aliens on the walls by the door. It’s a pretty big building.

Most of the aliens are Syrens, a species who came from a water planet. They tend to be a popular crowd among the humans.

From what Lucain said about Aileta, I can only imagine that is where I need to go.

I begin walking towards it.

Every now and then I see men come out. They all look around thinking anybody cares that they came out ofsuch a place. They then scurry away.

I guess this will be interesting to walk into wearing the clothes I have on.

I hope Aileta is working in this one tonight. I know she has a few buildings to handle.

Just as I am in the middle of crossing over, the guard from before comes out and is walking in my direction. I’m trying to stay calm but seeing my sanctuary so close puts me on edge.

I pull the coat tighter and even flatten my ears to lessen the bumps they make under the hood.

I walk past him and turn towards the pink building.

I pick up the pace and cross over into an alleyway next to the building.

Look back, I see the guard standing in the middle of the street, looking around in my direction. I believe he saw me and isn’t entirely sure.

I sure wasn’t going to wait on him to find out.

I walk down the alley and come across a door against the club’s side. It reads employee’s only. No harm in knocking right?

I knock twice and wait for an answer. After ten seconds I knock again. I hear faint music coming from the other side but still no answer.

Maybe I should yell for them. I know I can’t use the front entrance right now.

I start banging on the door and shouting to try and get someone’s attention inside.

I sigh and start to give up.

I'm hoping the guard left and I can use the front entrance.

Suddenly I’m pulled off my feet and falling hard on my back.

A long sort of slimy worm has wrapped around my feet. More worms start snaking farther up my legs and soon one is in front of my face. Its head opens up like a flower in bloom and then I scream.

The worms start pulling me towards the street and I see the guard is there. The worms aren’t worms, but they are his fingers!

I scream for help, hoping someone can help me!

The flower finger starts to blow a sort of dust into my face. It smells so good I can’t help but try and breathe in as much as I can.

I shake my head to stop.

My head immediately starts feeling dizzy, my vision becoming blurry.

The guard is grinning with too much teeth as I am being pulled closer. I try kicking around and calling for help but passersby only look away and keep walking on.

Just as I am at the guard’s feet, he falls over onto the ground next to me.

His head looks squished into itself like clay.

I look up and find a shadow of a woman with a cane in her hand. She kicks off the guard’s long fingers from my legs and picks me up like I weigh nothing.

My vision gets more and more blurry until I black out.

~~
~~

Norian

“Can we please find some fun tonight?” Remy pleads.

I huff, putting my book down and look over at him, unimpressed.

I hate going out!

As conflicting as that is with my kind, going out to have fun while also hoping to stumble across your other half is exhausting.

Yes, I will sleep around from time to time, Remy and I even made a game to see who gets around more, but I so desperately want to find the one I can settle down with and live a nice easy life! One where she can explore the stars with me from time to time when we aren’t home.

The difficult part is finding her.

“Fine, only if you train with me tomorrow morning.” I say with a smirk.

Remy looks up at me and narrows his eyes. His hesitation almost makes me laugh.

“As if I stand a chance against you, ya big boulder,” He smacks at my arm but regrets it and flaps his hand around, hissing in pain. “Jesus man! Ever thought of turning it off?”

I smirk and fold my arms.

“Nope.” I flex the muscles in my arms which makes the rockier parts in the shoulders and forearms stick out more. “Kind of hard to get rid of yknow…my skin.” I raise an eyebrow at him and chuckle.

He sighs and starts walking out of my room.

“Yeah yeah." He waves his hand at me, "Fine I’ll train but you better be ready to go out for at least a movie tonight. I’m sure you and Remelia could use the break from overworking yourselves.”

I smile at his back and go to find some pants for the night out.

I grab some grey pants that have holes to go around the rocky parts on my legs.

Man, being a Metonian sucks sometimes.

Sure we are smooth in most places in our stone form, but the shoulders, legs, and back are all jagged with stone and that tends to be the worst for clothes. That is why I only go for pants. Everyone is usually too scared to tell me to wear a shirt.

I mean it would probably also help to try and use my regular living form instead, but I am not very fond of that softer, weaker side.

I know I’m big but I don’t like to let my guard down ever. Especially working here in U.U.P.P.

The United Universal Peace Protection was created by humans, which is pretty damn ironic to a lot of aliens. However they have proven to be not so bad now.

Sure, they made their English language the universal language that everyone should learn. However, they at least try and help those in need now. Nobody else in this damned universe can say otherwise.

I just want to help all those in need. I've always wanted to do that ever since I was born!

There also was the pull I could feel in my left stone horn. It was screaming at me to go out and find my soulmate. Wherever she is, I can tell we are getting closer.

Everyday I wonder what she’s going to be like. I hope she accepts me!

I know for a fact she isn’t a Metonian like me. I can feel it.

That makes this all the scarier. If she declines me then I’ll be ruined. I’ve seen it happen to plenty of my people.

They seem to crumble into themselves. They grow weaker and weaker until their body just stops, becoming statues with sadness in their eyes.

I still haven’t told my squad about soulmates. I don’t think I ever will until I meet her.

I know I am supposed to be a leader over our little group, but I have very little self confidence to keep the act up.

It’s tiring, and I just want to lay down and hold my soulmate.

They don’t realize how important it is to find them, and I’m too afraid to let them see a weak side of me from not being with my mate.

I just hope I find her soon. I know I will. I must!

Messing around with others is a nice distraction. I mean, waiting about fifty years has taken its toll. The fact they are still alive and well as I am most likely means they can live as long as me. Which should be good right?

Oh god, what if I never find them?

No. I shouldn't say that. I'm still young! I can find them! I can do this!

I look out the window at all the stars in the sky.

I promise to find you...whoever you are.

~~
~~

Mekaias

“Ladies, ladies. Get out and back to working for the coin.” I hear a familiar voice say.

I slowly open one eye.

A few giggles go off around me and I see a few Syrens in interesting outfits making their way out of a large room. I’m guessing a dressing room based on the giant mirrors.

“Mekaias,” The voice says gently.

I look away from the door and see a woman I haven’t seen in years.

She’s so…old!

Has it really been that long? Her hair is completely grey with some white strands snaking around her tight bun of hair. She has more wrinkles and she has a cane. Her skin is pale but the way she’s standing tells me she’s not really to lie down and rest any day soon.

She reaches out and I flinch. She stops for a second before she lays her hand on top of mine, giving me a small smile.

"Its been years, Proqzume." She says before standing and walking over to pick up a red box that has a lock over it. She pulls out a key that’s on her necklace and uses it to unlock the box.

Aileta reaches into the box and pulls out my family’s life stone.

She then places it gently into my hands.

As soon as it touches my hands, I feel a soft warmth radiating off it.

I hug it close to my chest and then I break down.

Aileta comes up behind me and hugs me whispering things I don’t even hear over my sobbing.

The warmth from the stone is without a doubt coming from my mother and it kills me that I never got to say goodbye. They pulled me away before I even had the chance to realize what was happening.

I heard her screams for me, calling for me, wailing for them to leave me alone and to give me back. Then I never saw her again.

I knew she had died. I heard the King offer her to that evil man. He threw her to him as if she was nothing.

I’m not sure how he killed her, and I don’t want to know. I just know that I want to get revenge. Not just on the evil man, but on the king and his damned officers as well.

Yetaria - Sweetest one
Proqzume - Old Friend
Ma'tiem - Mother
Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting story but there too many characters looks like every paragraph has a new character makes it difficult to read can u rewrite the story pls u never know who it is at every turn 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..