Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,554 Words
  • 1,364 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently attempting to edit this and all my stories once again! I am adding some small changes like how things are explained or even redoing interactions with characters entirely!
Hope you enjoy these new changes!

Star Crossed: Finding the other - 9. Drinks and Oranges

Norian

Morning has come and as soon as I open my eyes, I am greeted with bright purple ones in front of me.

I yawn and pull Mekaias closer to me.

“Why aren’t you telling me to stop?” He says in a whisper.

I fight back from shivering at the sight from last night.

“Shouldn’t you be yelling at me or even tying me up to keep me from harming myself?” He says with a pout.

I shake my head.

“It hurts to see you like this.” I try and choose my words carefully. I haven’t exactly had the experience of dealing with something like this, “but I know I can’t stop you from summoning another blade.”

I run a hand over his arm to search for the scars.

There aren't any to be felt.

“You have to be the one to stop that, but you need to know that I am here for you," I hold his wrist as if it it the most delicate thing. "We are all here for you. You are safe here! I promise. You are apart of our family now!”

He nods slowly and then pushes himself up.

The sight of him sitting on my lap immediately starts to cause some stirrings below, but now is really not the time.

Thankfully he gets up quickly and goes over to his bag to put on some clothes.

I turn my back to give him privacy.

He sure doesn’t seem to mind getting naked in front of others.

While that is a small blessing for me, I must say that I don’t want others to see him in that state.

“What are we doing today?” He asks.

“The siblings have planned a party for today," I say. "Mostly for you joining us, but also because today just so happens to be my birthday!”

I look back over and almost jump, seeing him standing right next to the bed.

He sure is a quiet one.

“Your birthday? You celebrate it?” He tilts his head to the side in question, one ear flopping over.

That is possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen! Add in the fact he is so confused about something as normal as birthdays...I seriously want to hug this little cutie!

“Do you not? It’s pretty common around the universe.”

“Not at all," His tilts his head again, sending the other ear over.

It makes me want to reach out and rub on them again!

"Today is my birthday as well I suppose,” He gives a small shrug.

“I know!” I say without thinking, but I immediately realize how weird that sounds. “I mean the Director told me!”

I almost panic and start word vomiting all kinds of nonsense.

Thankfully he nods, accepting the lie.

Of course he has the same birthday as me. I’ve been connected to him as soon as we were both born!

We are both turning fifty-one today!

“I may or may not have already told Remelia to plan for two,” I grin. I get up and make a move for the door. “We are all also going to be training today! Meet us at the training room when you can.”

I give a wave then go out and walk to my room.

As soon as the door closes, I give a sigh then rest my back against the door.

~~
~~

Mekaias

After having to change again into clothes that are comfortable enough to move in, I find everyone in the training room.

George is in the pool, Remelia is lifting gigantic weights while reading a book, and Remy and Norian are on the fighting mat.

I must say it is rather strange to learn that Remy and Remelia are siblings.

Norian told me that Remelia was adopted by Remy’s human family when she was just a baby.

She is a Syren, a race of beings that live on an aquatic planet. They are known to be quite amazing fighters.

Remelia’s skin is a very light blue, her eyes are a shining green with super large black pupils. She has these two floppy cones of tough skin that come up from her cheek bones and they go over and behind her head. On the top of her head, she has long white dreadlocks that are braided back to her lower back.

She has been the second nicest to me so far!

Remy is a tall human with blonde hair that is cut on the sides. He is pretty funny at times, though everyone else seems to be annoyed by his actions. I still think he is rather interesting!

George is the other human. He is the shortest of the others but still very much taller than me. He is their pilot which I guess makes him mine too.

It is probably rude of me to think so, but I am not sure why he must build his body so big to fly an aircraft. He is probably the second most muscled one here, though Remelia is pretty close.

He is very strange however.

I catch him staring at me from time to time. I have been trying to talk to him, but he never seems to be with everyone. Always separated and on his own.

That is why I decided to go to the pool with him!

Remelia waves at me through the glass as I walk past her. I wave back and then turn to George, who is swimming back and forth in the water.

I’ve never actually learned how to swim.

There wasn't exactly much water to swim in back home.

The river was too dangerous and gross from all the bodies tossed in from executions.

This one doesn't smell so nasty!

I go over to the steps at one end of the pool and dip my foot in.

Surprisingly, it is a little warm!

I toss my shirt and shorts to the side and slip lower into the water till it comes to my chest. I sigh at the warm water.

George stops swimming laps and looks at me in confusion.

“What are you doing here?” He asks while wiping water from his face. “And why are you wearing panties in the pool?”

“Panties? That’s what they are called?” I look down at the fancy underwear.

Funny name...glad I can call them something finally!

“I wanted to learn how to swim," I smile. "Can you teach me?”

He seems to stare down at them for a second and then he shakes his head.

“Um, yeah of course I can," He smiles with a slight flush to his cheeks.

He shows me how to keep myself afloat and keeps reminding me that I need to hold my breath if I happen to go under the water.

I must say that I don’t really like swimming.

The fur at my feet tends to weigh me down and that tires me out.

In the middle of trying to do a lap, I feel exhaustion starting to hit me and I ask for help.

George comes over and offers his back for assistance.

He gives a small ride to the steps and we instead choose to sit on the stairs.

“Not bad for your first time," He laughs. "Usually people can’t seem to understand that you just need to hold your breath if you go under.”

“I don’t really like it. It makes me feel heavy!” I frown at the water. "Plus I knew I had you to save me just in case so I wasn't so scared."

He laughs and then nudges me, “You really are a cat! You should meet my cat, Poofs.”

“You own an Alentian?” I ask.

A spark of anger flares up in my chest.

“A what? No, no it’s a house cat! A pet! I can show you later today if you want!”

I am not sure what a house cat is but I am curious.

I am about to answer back about meeting Poofs, but then Remelia comes over with a stern look in her eyes.

“George, can you help me with some of the decorating right now? I need some help.” She doesn’t even wait for an answer and turns to leave.

Never seen her like that before.

George gives a sigh and gets up.

“I’ll see you later, Mekaias.” He waves and walks off.

I dry off and change to head on over to the middle section.

One look at my ring and I instead decide to just watch Remy and Norian.

Unfortunately they finish as soon as I get there.

“Ha! I win.” Norian stands up and poses like some kind of superhero and flexes his arms.

Not going to lie, I like seeing that...

Remy groans and gets up, rubbing his shoulder.

“You win every time! This match-up is all one sided! Not even Remelia can beat you!”

“Mekaias almost beat me,” He looks over at me with a wink.

I actually feel my face burn at that.

I don’t think I’ve ever blushed to something as small as that before.

“That doesn’t count," Remy scoffs. "We saw him knock you into the ground literally the first second we saw him! He practically made you a pancake! Not that you were complaining.”

Norian pushes him onto the ground but Remy cackles on the floor like a madman.

Now Norian is the one red in the face.

I smile and then turn to leave.

~~
~~

Norian

“Happy Birthday to you!”

The squad finishes the tune, while Mekaias stands next to me somehow looking both amused and confused.

George cuts up the cake into giant pieces for everyone.

We are all sitting in the living room eating.

Mekaias takes one bite and then not so subtly lets it fall back onto the plate.

I laugh at him and he actually blushes again.

It’s so cute!

Remy doesn’t find it cute however.

“How can you not like my cake?” He pretends to be offended and brings a hand over his chest.

“I'm sorry,” Mekaias seems to curl into himself and his ears actually flatten onto his head, “I’ve never had it before.”

“Leave him alone. He doesn’t need to like it,” I give a look at Remy to back-off.

I don’t like seeing Mekaias shrink into himself like that.

“Yeah no sweat! It’s fine," Remy shrugs and grins, shoving a piece of cake into his mouth. "I hate it too anyways!"

Remelia next to him rolls her eyes and gets up to get some beer bottles.

I am surprised to see her come back with an orange as well.

“What’s that for?” I ask, pointing at it.

“I thought he should try this instead of the cake!” She tosses it to Mekaias.

He lifts it up to his face, sniffs, then licks it.

He ends up gagging and dropping it into his lap!

“You take the peel off first.” I laugh and take the orange to help him.

Once its fully peeled I give it back, not before taking a slice for myself.

He carefully takes a piece off and holds it up in the air.

He looks over at me as if asking for permission.

I just nod and he puts it in his mouth.

As soon as he bites, he shivers and almost looks like he is being electrocuted! He falls limp as if he has passed out, except his eyes are open.

“Mekaias?” I immediately rush over and grab his hand.

He doesn’t respond.

“Mekaias, can you hear me?” His eyes move to look up at me. Only one of his fingers twitches in my hands.

“Don’t worry,” The Director rushes into the room and comes to the other side of Mekaias, “Alentians are allergic to citrus fruits.”

“How do you know?" I stare at him, terrified for what the hell is going on. "Is he ok? What’s happening? How am I not supposed to worry?”

The Director puts a hand on my shoulder.

“He is perfectly fine." The director keeps his voice in a calm manner. "He is temporarily paralyzed. He should be fine in about thirty minutes. He will most likely fall asleep because this is the first time his body will be healing against it.”

Remelia stands behind me, “I am so sorry, Mekaias! I didn’t know! Fuck!” She pulls on her wrist over and over, possibly going to take it off.

Somehow Mekaias looks at her and tries to smile with his eyes. It seems to work because she nods and sits down.

“I can take him to his room.” George says, “I am sure he would be rather embarrassed as of now from all this attention.”

I want to fight him off and argue that I can do that myself, but this is my squad and I should be able to trust them.

Even if George is an ass.

The Director nods and lets Mekaias be carried off to his room.

“I’m such an idiot,” Remelia sighs and chugs her beer.

“It’s fine. None of us knew," I say.

I can feel a small part of my mind wanting to get onto her for doing this, but that is ridiculous.

I need to get myself in check. I am being way too protective.

While I am glad I haven’t really acted on it. The amount of times I almost have is stupid.

These are my friends!

“Allergic to oranges? Damn. Not even lemonade?” Remy asks. He has somehow stolen the orange without me noticing and is eating it.

I shake my head in response, still a bit on edge by what just happened.

George walks back in and sits next to the Director.

“Do none of you know what species he is?” The Director asks.

We all say no.

“He’s an Alentian. The endangered race the Humans almost destroyed?” He says the last part as if to point out the obvious.

I did know the Humans had destroyed a planet with a big weapon. I didn’t know what the alien species was.

They always talk about what the humans did in the history books, yet they never speak of what planet was destroyed.

“I didn’t know any of them had survived,” Remelia says.

“Very few families have," The Director nods. "They were sent out in shuttles hundreds of years ago. They have slowly been trying to grow, but I am afraid they are a lost cause. Too many planets have turned their backs on them. I fear he may actually be the last Alentian alive now!”

He seems to have a deep sadness in his eyes at that. I take it he knew of other Alentians.

Possibly more of Mekaias’ family?

“Wait so how old is Mekaias? He isn’t like, three hundred years old is he?” Remy asks.

“He’s fifty-one.” I say, as I stare at my drink in my hands.

“Yes he is quite young,” The Director smirks.

“That’s young?” Remelia gives a small chuckle at that.

“Hey! I’m fifty-one too!” I glare at her then laugh.

“I am not entirely sure how old they can live up to, but I know his mother was almost two hundred years old.” The Director seems to give a fond smile at the mention of the mother.

I guess they must have been close?

“Damn! That’s insane,” Remy gasps and looks over at me. “And how old can you live up to?”

“My Grandpa was about five hundred from what I remember. Maybe even a little more now?” I shrug.

Not exactly new to this talk, nor the reactions.

I will say it makes me happy that Mekaias can live long like me. It means plenty of time for us to be together!

We chat for a bit, mostly asking the Director what he knows about the Alentians.

He tells us they have the special healing and also how some families can unlock special abilities if they are near death.

He says he is pretty sure that Mekaias is the only Alentian that at least has powers. Most likely the others, if any, can’t unlock them.

When it was finally time for bed, I go into Mekaias’ room.

I am just getting settled into the bed with him when I realize what I am doing.

He did not ask me to sleep in here tonight.

I watch him sleep for a second, he has a frown on his face.

Bad dream I guess?

I sneak out the covers tiptoe out the room.

As much as it kills me to leave him here alone, it would be wrong to let myself into his own bed without his permission.

I give a sigh and make my leave.

Just as I am about to open the door, I look back at his sleeping form.

This is probably the alcohol thinking for me, but I decide I will take one small birthday wish to bed.

I go back over, take a deep breath, and then very, very, VERY gently kiss him on the cheek.

He stretches and gives a small squeak.

I freeze with my lips still on his cheek, too scared to move.

He sighs and buries his face more into his pillow.

With my heart pounding, I turn away and leave the room as fast as I can.

Only when I am behind my own door that I allow the giant smile on my face.

His skin is so soft and warm! It even tastes sweet!

I sigh and fall onto my bed, too happy with this day now.

~~
~~

Mekaias

Something isn’t right.

There is darkness all around me!

I reach out and don’t feel anything, as if I am floating in a mass of darkness.

It swirls around me like a fog. Its tendrils sliding up and around my legs.

It keeps climbing higher and higher until a light above me shines on top.

The darkness retracts itself from me.

The light shines and then a nice warmth spreads around me. It begins from my cheek and then seems to spread around my body. A small shield protecting me.

It settles inside me for a time, but then it starts to fade away.

Instantly the darkness begins to try and close in on me again.

It is spreading faster than before, as if racing to finish before the light comes to save me again.

The darkness grabs my arms, pulling them tight to my sides.

I struggle and I barely budge from its grip.

The darkness starts snaking up my chest and closing around my neck.

I start to scream for help! My voice echoes into the void of nothing.

The darkness is starting to crawl behind my head.

I try and wiggle free but it does nothing to save me!

Then I feel the blackness begin to pour into my mouth, causing me to gag.

It doesn’t have a taste but the feeling of this oozing slime-like substance being shoved down my throat feels like icy water stabbing my lungs!

An evil voice keeps whispering in a distorted gravelly voice.

It keeps repeating a phrase.

The phrase seems to get louder and louder the more of the substance is pushed inside me.

You will never be free! We will get to you!

The voice seems to get louder and louder and I squint my eyes shut in the darkness.

I can’t cover my ears and the voice won’t stop getting louder!

It is stabbing into my head and I feel like I am going to explode from this pain!

Just as I feel like this is the end, a voice is shouting my name and then a warmth circles around me.

Instantly the darkness begins to disentangle itself from me and tries to run away.

The voice calling me is softer and brings a curtain of light that brings warmth and peace.

The pain disappears and instead the warm feeling of being safe is back.

~~~

I open my eyes and then I find myself in my room.

I am being held into Norian’s lap and he is holding me for dear life, calmly whispering my name and saying that I am safe.

Remelia, Remy, and George are standing at the doorway, all clearly worried.

One look around the room shows that everything has been knocked over and there are large cracks on the monitor.

I turn and bury my face into Norian’s neck.

My body is shaking and I can’t get it to stop!

I feel tears running down my face and I try to hide in his neck.

“Norian?” I whisper, my voice shaking as well.

“Yeah I'm here, Mekaias. What can I do? What do you need?” He pulls back and looks down at me.

He was the voice that saved me from the darkness.

“Please protect me,” My vision starts to become blurry as more tears start to build.

“Of course. Always,” He whispers and pulls me close to him.

I swear I feel him press kiss my head.

The warmth coming from his body stops me from shaking.

The squad has left and it is only me and him.

He pulls me down on top of him and we are laying on the bed.

We both don’t sleep at all that night. We lay there in a peaceful silence.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Curious as to what this "darkness" is foreshadowing. Who or what is after Mekaias? 

It's nice to get a little insight into the specifics of Mekaias' and Norian's heritage/species? lol idk. But it was nice to learn more about them.

 

Looking forward to more. Cheers 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..