Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 5,337 Words
  • 5,112 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chasing the Shadows - 10. Chapter 10

p style="margin:0px 0px 0px;">This is it...the final chapter of 'Chasing the Shadows' and guess what, this chapter also contains scenes of graphic violence and sexual situations and is only intended for mature readers. :)

It was finally here. Tonight was the night of the full moon. This night had seemed so far away when they had discussed the hypothetical possibility of changing a supernatural creature into something new and entirely different. Back at the cabin, it was just talk; however, the time had now come.

 

Kieper spent the afternoon preparing for Shade’s transformation while the rest of the household slept. As the moon hung low in the late autumn sky, the Werewolf was out hunting, since it would be safer for Shade if his animal urges were satisfied before he infected his new lover.

Most Humans would consider being turned into a Werewolf a curse, but Shade hoped it would bring the change that they needed to survive.

Shade woke up nervous. He trusted Kieper with his life, but this would be the first attempt at interspecies transformation.

“You don’t have to go through with this.” The old man spoke softly from the open doorway.

Shade glanced up at his father and smiled. “I know. Nobody is making me do anything that I don’t want to, but the Vampires--”

“To Hell with those filthy Blood Suckers!” Long Shadow’s voice rose.

Shaking his head while holding back his laughter, “Father,” Shade said gently as he knelt down in front of the ancient man. “The time has come for change. I’m not the only Shadow Chaser to live and work among the Vamps. If we are going to continue to live peacefully and to coexist together, then justice has to be dealt.”

The old man wrapped his son in his arms like he did when Shade was a small child. “What if this doesn’t work?”

“What if it does?” Shade challenged him. Both of them knew that it was a possibility that it wouldn’t work, or worse, the transformation could even kill him, but Shade was committed to try.

Long Shadow looked down at his son and smiled, he was ready to give Shade more advice, but they were interrupted.

“It’s time,” Garrett spoke softly from the darkened hallway. Long Shadow wouldn’t argue with his son, because he knew that Shade had already made up his mind.

***

Hundreds of Shadow Chasers descended on the property. They stirred around, unsure of why they were summoned by Long Shadow, but when he requested their presence, they immediately obeyed.

They whispered and talked amongst themselves.

“What’s going on?” One asked.

“Does anyone know why we’re here?” They continued to ask each other while they waited.

“Thank you, friends and family, for joining us tonight.” Long Shadow’s voice boomed over their eager conversations bringing the crowd to an instant silence. “I have called each and every one of you here to witness this auspicious occasion.”

The crowd suddenly buzzed with excitement.

"A wedding,” someone questioned.

"Or maybe a birth,” as the Shadow Chaser’s population has dwindled over the last several centuries, the birth of each new child was a celebration.

Long Shadow held up his weathered hands and the crowd settled down.

“I agree that a birth would be a wonderful occasion, but tonight I have gathered you to witness a change…” The crowd grew anxious.

Shade stood to his father’s right side while his brother, Slate, stood on his left. The community was accustomed to seeing the boys joining their father, but when Garret and Kieper stepped up and took their place alongside Shade, the crowd gasped.

Vampires and Werewolves were outsiders. They would not be welcome to witness a celebration of any kind. Their questions erupted, loud and demanding.

Worried that the crowd would become aggressive, Shade shouted over their growing voices.

“The Blood Suckers have declared war on their own community and it affects each and every one of us…Vampires, Werewolves, as well as Shadow Chasers. The Queen falsely accused innocent men and condemned them to die without proof of any crimes. I stand here tonight to tell you that the reign of the Queen will end. It is time for change, a new beginning for all of us, and it starts tonight.”

 

 ***

Kieper had already prepared the communal altar. Four wooden bowls sat at each corner. Water and honey filled the first two bowls representing East and West. A handful of green leaves were crushed in the Northern bowl, giving off a rich minty smell as blood overflowed the final bowl representing South.

The clouds rolled back unveiling the full moon. Kieper tossed his head and howled at the silvery sky.

Shadow Chasers gasped watching the sacred ritual for the first time. Shade stood naked before the mystical altar. They had discussed ropes or maybe even restraints, but Kieper had flat-out refused. If Shade was going to accept his place as his mate, then he had to do so willingly. Having him chained would make it appear that he had been forced in the decision.

“Are you sure that you want to go through with it?” Garrett whispered to Shade from across the altar. He agreed to help Kieper with the transformation, but he would call it off if Shade had second thoughts.

“Yes, I’m sure.” Shade’s smile was sexy, with his long black hair flowing loosely around his nude body.

Kieper’s snout elongated and blond fur sprouted over his arms and legs. Bones popped, muscles twisted, spine snapping when the animal overtook his Human form. Keeping control, Kieper shook his furry head. He had already hunted tonight. His animal lust had been satisfied. The blood from his fresh kill filled the sacrificial bowl.

“You are here to bear witness to this joining of a child of the moon with a child of the dark…” Long Shadow narrated as Kieper and Shade move in a hypnotic rhythm.

The Wolf remained standing on his hind haunches when he grabbed Shade by his shoulders, forcing him to kneel in front of him. Shade trembled. He knew what was next; they discussed the details of the ceremony prior to tonight. If he did not maintain his Human form throughout the entire transformation, it would never work.

“I trust you,” Shade whispered, loud enough for only Kieper to hear.

A low growl was the Wolf’s only response.

With one swift move, Kieper dipped one paw into the bowl of water then swiped his claws diagonally across the left side of Shade’s chest. His agonizing scream pierced the night. Shade trembled, but he retained his Human form.

Tears fell from Garrett’s eyes. He was helpless to do anything but watch.

Afraid to prolong the agony, Kieper dipped the other paw into the bowl of blood, doing the same and gashing a matching wound across Shade’s right side. The pain was overwhelming. The Shadow Chaser’s body shook before he fell over onto his hands and knees.

Fresh blood gurgled from the slashes, pouring down his skin, and spilling onto the ground. The ritual was almost over. Garrett wanted it to be already finished. He was worried that Shade wouldn’t survive the transformation and if he didn’t, then Kieper would never forgive himself. If things went wrong, he could lose both of the men he loved.

Shade closed his eyes. He couldn’t move. His breathing came in desperate frantic gasps. Arms locked, trembling on his hands and knees, he waited for the final phase.

Kieper circled Shade. The Shadow Chaser was still in Human form. That was a good sign. The man’s strength was impressive. He could have escaped or begged Kieper to stop at any time, yet he didn’t.

It was time!

Mounting Shade, Kieper sank his canine fangs into the back of Shade’s neck as he buried his cock deep into his body. It was brutal. Not sweet or sensual, it was rough and hard to consummate the mating ritual.

The moonlight surrounded them, glistening off their sweat slicked bodies of skin and fur.

“STOP!” Angry voices shouted from the crowd.

With the passing of blood, saliva and semen, the virus transmission was complete. Shade collapsed onto the ground.

“I command that you stop this abomination at once!” The voices grew closer.

Shade raised his head to see who was protesting the ritual only to find himself staring into the eyes of dozens of furious Wolves.

 

***

“How could you, Kieper?” Darrius paced around the floor inside the mansion.

“How could I do what, brother,” Kieper intentionally snarled the word, letting him know how unhappy he was to call him that. “How could I take a mate before you? Or how could I claim two men as my eternal lovers…or is it that I chose to change a Night Stalker?”

Darrius’s eyes were angry and cold. “Exactly!”

Kieper laughed, which only annoyed his brother more.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

The interruption was welcome. As another Wolf entered to speak to Darrius, Kieper quickly slipped away. Kieper had left home to get away from his controlling brother; the last thing he wanted was Darrius around...at least right now. Shade needed him right now.

Garrett tended to Shade’s injuries, mixing the leaves and honey as Kieper had instructed him. The sticky salve would help the wounds heal as the rest of his natural antibodies tried to fight the Werewolf virus.

Shade would have to stay in Human form for the next several hours. If he disappeared into the shadows, his supernatural healing ability would destroy the infection, making the change impossible.

If that happened, then everything they’d just done would have been in vain.

 

***

The daylight brought a wave of excitement. Shade opened his eyes. The world looked brighter than before. It was crisp and clear. He could even smell food cooking two floors down and on the other side of the mansion.

Gauging by the amount of light in the bedroom, it was late afternoon.

Father had always been one of those Shadow Chasers who rose in the late day, living in the darkness while still enjoying small sips of sunlight from time to time. He must have gotten up before nightfall and started cooking.

Shade glanced down at the wounds on his chest. They had scabbed over, but not yet completely healed. Afraid to mess anything up, Shade decided to stay in Human form until Kieper could examine him to see if the change was effective.

Padding down to the kitchen to join his father, Shade was surprised to find Kieper already there. The Wolf usually enjoyed hunting in the woods before he and Garrett woke up at sunset.

“Good evening my lov--” Shade stopped and sniffed the air. The hair on his arms and neck bristled. Whoever this was, it wasn’t his lover. “Who are you?” He demanded.

Before the stranger could answer, Kieper walked in followed by three other Werewolves. Shade would have been shocked to see them, but he was more surprised to see the heavy bundle tossed over the largest Wolf’s shoulder. Ropes secured the thick blanket that covered the bundle. Judging by the shape and size, it was a body.

“This Vamp was found hiding out in a cave a couple of miles south of here.” The Werewolves stood at attention waiting for Darrius to give them orders.

“Who is he?” Darrius glared at Kieper. “Is he another one of yours?”

Smirking at his brother, “I already told you, Garrett is the only Vamp that’s allowed here on the property.

“Thyssen,” Shade muttered, stepping back and trying to clear the encroaching fog from his mind. Was he dreaming or was this some sort of Wolf-fever inducing hallucination?

Kieper paused, “You know this guy?”

Shade didn’t miss the quick glance between the Wolves. Now that he was one of them, he caught things that he would have missed before. “He’s the Queen’s tracker. It has to be him, there’s nobody else that would be able to find us.”

One of Kieper’s blond eyebrows arched, wondering how well they knew each other.

Smiling because his mate was actually jealous, “He helped save my life. If he wouldn’t have snuck in food and water and helped me heal some of the bigger wounds that the Captain was all too happy to inflict on me, then I would have been dead long before you and Garrett arrived.”

“Well then, what do we do with him?” One of the other Wolves asked.

A lopsided grin curled around Shade’s face, “We use him to our advantage.”

  

***

 

With each passing day, Shade grew stronger. He not only mastered the hardest tasks of hunting and killing, he was able to change from Wolf form to Human form and back to Shadow Chaser form at will.

His body hadn’t rejected the virus like they had feared; instead his body manipulated it, enhancing his natural abilities.

“I’m ready!” Shade announced while snuggled with Garrett and Kieper.

“Again? We just finished,” Kieper teased. “What’s turned you into such an animal?”

“That would have been you, babe.” Garrett gave Kieper a kiss before turning to kiss Shade too.

“Not that,” both men shot him a doubtful look. Since the change, Shade’s libido was on overdrive. He was insatiable, but both Garrett and Kieper were having a fun time trying to satisfy him.

“I’m ready to take the next step.” They hadn’t discussed it in weeks. Garrett thought they were lucky that Shade’s body adapted so well to the Werewolf Virus, that turning him into a Vampire would be pushing their luck.

“But darling--”

“Don’t try to pacify me, Garrett. I know that I can do this.”

Garrett flipped Shade onto his back and pinned him down on the mattress. Straddling his waist and holding his shoulders under his hands, the Vamp glared at him. “It’s not a grand fucking ceremony, Shade. Turning someone into a Blood Sucker is brutal and savage and you would have to die. Do you understand that? I’d have to kill you…”

"We all know how it works--”

“No, you don’t, because Vampires don’t talk about the ones that don’t make it. Some mates don’t survive the transformation, leaving the Vamp lonely and heartbroken and devastated.” Garrett loosened his grip.

“Have you ever tried to change someone?” Kieper whispered.

“I’ve never loved someone as much as I love both of you. The thought of losing either of you…” His words just trailed off.

Shade bucked his hips, pressing his constant hard-on against Garrett. “I’ve considered all the possibilities and I’m ready to finally finish this. I don’t need to wait or rebuild my strength.”

Kieper and Garrett knew it was true. Before he was strong, now he was powerful, and after this last phase, he would be unstoppable.

With the speed of a lightning strike, Garrett attacked. His fangs tore into Shade’s neck, popping his jugular. Shade gasped at the unexpected pain.

Warm thick blood poured into Garrett’s mouth. The Shadow Chaser’s dark taste was now wild and delicious.

Garrett rocked his naked body against Shade. Unable to do more than witness the attack, Kieper watched with amazement. His lovers entangled in a deadly embrace, as one quickly drained the life from the other. It was frightening, yet incredibly erotic.

Kieper started to slowly rub his cock when they started to moan. A Vampire bite alone can produce an amazing orgasm; coupled with the autoerotic asphyxiation, he knew that Shade’s body was on the edge of an immeasurable eruption.

“Yes,” Shade’s voice was thick with lust. “Please don’t stop…don’t stop…” His words were faint as the last drops of life were ebbing from his body. “I love…both of you.”

His last words hung in the air.

Garrett lifted his bloody face from Shade’s neck and quickly set to work at completing the transformation. He tore the flesh from his wrist and fed Shade his own blood. It dripped into his mouth and down his throat.

They waited while the fresh blood of life filled his body, but Shade didn’t move. He was cold and still. The tips of his fingers turned blue as his face grew paler.

“What’s happening?” Garrett flinched at the frightened tone in Kieper’s voice. What would they do if Shade didn’t survive? This wasn’t like when the Captain had tried to kill him out of anger and vengeance; Shade had willingly let Garrett drain his life away.

“Shade? Can you hear us?” Garrett stroked his cheek. It was cold. Ever since the ceremony under the full moon, his skin has felt like it was on fire, yet now, it was icy and cold.

Kieper stifled a sob. “No, Garrett, he can’t die! Not after everything he’s survived; he can’t just die--”

Before Kieper could finish, Shade gasped for air, drawing in a ragged breath.

Garrett closed his eyes and smiled, saying a silent prayer. Breathing was an automatic reaction. Vampires don’t need oxygen, but it was hard to break the habit, especially when Shade had been doing it for hundreds of years.

“T-t-that was amazing!” Shade shuddered.

"How do you feel?” Kieper was tentative. The transformation could have changed him, turning him into something different, someone dark and menacing unlike the good and honest man he was.

Shade opened his arms, inviting both of them into his embrace. “I feel like the luckiest man on Earth.”

 

***

Darkness invaded, but it was not the noiseless silence of mist and shadows. Tonight the sound was loud and furious. Ferocious paws pounded the earth, shaking the ground around the palace as something angry swarmed in.

Shade led the attack.

They had waited, delaying the attack until this moment…this very second when shadows and fur and fangs and claws claimed their justice.

Shadow Chasers glided through the treetops while Werewolves raced along the forest floor below.

Vampires had been notified at the last minute. Shade put Maggie in charge of placing an informant in every city across the country, but Thyssen kept watch over the palace. Shade couldn’t take the chance that someone would tip off the Queen before the attack even began.

The palace was their destination. That was where it all started, and Shade thought that it was only appropriate to end it where it had all begun.

“Charge!” Shade’s voice echoed through the night. His battle-cry was heard by all.

Tonight, silence wasn’t an option. Shade wanted her to know that he was coming. He wanted her to tremble and fear him.

The Vamp guards took their positions, ready to defend the palace at all cost.

“Lay down your weapons!” Shade shouted at the men ready to die for their worthless Queen. “Your lives will be spared if you surrender. There won’t be a second chance.”

The guards were surrounded. They were outnumbered as Shadow Chasers and Werewolves overtook the property. Before they reached the palace, hundreds of Vampires stepped out of the woods, entering the manicured lawns, prepared to join the fight.

The guards glanced between the foreign enemy advancing and their renegade comrades, deserting against their Queen. A few men tossed down their weapons and ran, but those who made the decision to stay and fight were met in battle.

Metal clashed as the guards drew weapons made of steel overlaid with silver. They had anticipated a Werewolf attack. Sparks flew with each blow as the Shadow Chasers defended the advancing forces behind them with swords and staffs, heavy enough to match the guards blow for blow.

Several of the Queen’s men were slaughtered quickly, but a few were skilled and put up more of a fight.

Shade shook his head, dark fur framing his face and ears. “Fools! Round up the ones who surrendered. Keep them out back until I can make arrangements for them. Let’s get this over with quickly.” He had promised to give asylum to any Vampire that did not oppose overthrowing the Queen.

“Lights!” One of the guards shouted echoed through the dark night. Following his order bright UV lights suddenly illuminated the palace ground. The Shadow Chasers stood frozen in Human form, unable to change at will.

“You didn’t think you were to only ones with a trick, now did you?” growled the biggest guard. Shade recognized him. He was an efficient warrior and now Shade faced him in battle.

The man pulled out a dagger from his belt as he circled Shade.

Fighting continued in the brightness that mirrored the midday sun. Blows and screams from both sides broke the night. Shade didn’t need the darkness. He could change into Wolf shape as well as walk in the sun. His transformation had made him strong and unstoppable.

“I’ll say it again, throw your weapons down…”

“And join you?” The guard’s voice was hard and sarcastic.

“No, or die!” Shade glared at the Vamp, trembling, trapped in a battle that he couldn’t win.

“Never,” His last words were slurred. When the guard rushed Shade, ready to plunge the dagger into his chest, he was stopped by a wooden stake. Surprise painted the Vamp’s face as he crumpled to the ground, leaving Slate standing behind him.

There wasn’t time to thank his brother for his assistance. Shade had to work quickly to get this battle under control.

“Take the lights,” shouted Darrius. Kieper leapt through the air, connecting a paw with the pole holding the UV beams. Quickly the lights disappeared one by one as the battle slowly ended in the dark.

Slaughtering the guards was not what Shade had planned, but it was necessary to remove any opposition to the good of the people.

Stepping onto the golden steps along the front of the palace, Shade waited and just like clockwork, Vampires, Werewolves and Shadow Chasers came to a halt behind him. They stood, frozen like statues, waiting for Shade’s next command.

He stood alone until Garrett and Kieper joined him. Within moments Darrius and Slate stepped behind them, united and ready to fight. It was time…the tyranny of the Queen must end.

“Queen,” Shade shouted, “It’s time for you to face your subjects. It’s time for you to face your crimes.”

The door creaked as it slowly opened. She huddled in the darkened doorway, haggard and scared. “You traitor,” she snarled.

“Traitor? You deceived your own people. I was loyal to you and your court and you used me for your own personal greed. I’ll give you one chance…step down and give up your reign--”

“NEVER!” growled the cowering mass, which was only an illusion.

Shade shook his head, “Fine, have it your way.”

His nose elongated, black fur sprouted from his flesh, ears tipped back, bones popped, fangs slid past rows of deathly sharp teeth. Shade changed. He was a creature that was part Werewolf, part Vampire and part Shadow Chaser.

The crowd watched in amazement. He was deadly yet beautiful.

Justice should have been swift. Shade lunged at the Queen just as she pulled two long shiny daggers and slashed him across his dark chest.

“I will not be squashed like a common bug!” She growled when she tucked and rolled out of his reach. Kneeling on the palace porch she smiled, fangs extended, eyes glowing red.

“Give up,” she snarled, “you can’t beat me.”

Kieper and Darrius gave each other a knowing glance and lunged forward. The metallic smell of blood filled the air. Kieper fell forward, and howled in pain as a silver spit impaled him through the shoulder.

"Arrggh,” Kieper rolled on his back, the wound was painful, but it wasn’t a deathblow.

The Queen moved faster than the men advancing on her. She skipped and giggled while dancing around the pool of blood she’d spilled from the Wolf as she happily waited for their next attack. A Vampire with her age and skill wouldn’t be taken down easy. They had to converge on her together if they were to defeat someone so powerful. With a tick of his black eyebrow, everyone readied for the coordinated blow.

Darrius flipped the switch over one of the UV lights, blistering the Queen’s alabaster skin. She screamed in pain, letting her defenses down which allowed Garrett to grab the Queen from behind. He twisted her arms behind her back and secured them with Shade’s Vamp-cuffs.

How ironic that her own weapons were being used against her.

“That’s for hurting my brother, you hateful witch!” Darrius shouted.

Shade stepped in front of her, “It’s over,” he said as he lunged forward removing her head from her shoulders in one powerful bite at the same moment a wooden stake was driven through her chest.

As her head hit the ground with a thump, cheering erupted from the people. “King Shade! Long live King Shade!” Shade was shocked by the words of the crowd, but he was more surprised to see Kieper standing beside them. His injured left arm was pulled tight to his chest, but his right hand trembled from the force of staking the Queen.

The Wolf smiled at his Vampire and Shadow Chaser lovers. He wasn’t going to let them take that bitch down without him.

Shade gave Kieper a wink and turned to face the crowd. He held up his hands and a hush fell over the people.

“I have not freed you from tyranny to deliver you a new king!” His voice was hard with anger. He couldn’t believe his ears.

“The people should have a say in how they are governed and not be controlled by one person’s lust for power. I’m proposing a committee representing the interests of each group.”

“I nominate Darrius to represent the Wolves.” A loud booming voice called out from the crowd. The people cheered in agreement.

Shade smiled glancing over at Kieper’s brother. The man was strong and intelligent, even if he was sort of cocky and arrogant. He was the right man to represent the Wolves. This is what he had dreamed of from the beginning. “I think that’s a wonderful idea.”

Stepping out of the crowd, Long Shadow took his place on the palace steps beside his sons. “I nominate Slate to represent myself and the Shadow Chasers.”

The plan was coming together. Shade glanced to the men standing on either side of him. He gave Kieper’s hand a quick squeeze then turned to Garrett. The Werewolves and Shadow Chasers had chosen their representatives, which only left the Vampires to declare a committee member.

Tracing his fingers along Garrett’s smooth jaw, Shade smiled at the sexy Vampire. His heart still raced whenever he looked into those gorgeous eyes. Someone had to be nominated. “I suggest that the Vampires claim Maggie O’Brian as their representative.”

Garrett let out a surprised laugh that was only heard by the men on the steps. The crowd clapped while the female Vamps whooped and hollered.

Maggie was shocked. Her jaw dropped open when Shade spoke her name.

“Then it’s official. The people have chosen their representative.” Shade spoke over the crowd buzzing with excitement.

“For a second there,” Garrett purred against Shade’s ear. “I thought you were going to say my name.”

“I almost did…” the Shadow Chaser gave him a lopsided grin. “…but I’m too selfish. I want you and Kieper all to myself.”

Kieper joined them as he wrapped an arm around each of their waists. “Besides, this committee needed a female perspective to balance out all of that testosterone.”

The three of them glanced over at Slate and Darrius sizing each other up. Maggie quickly stepped forward and took her place between them. Their eyes swept over her small frame. Maggie might appear fragile, but she could hold her own with the big boys.

“This is going to be a very interesting committee!” Shade said as his lovers both laughed and agreed.

 

***

 

One month later:

 

Shade chased Kieper along the sandy beach. The Wolf suddenly stopped and wagged his furry tail. Shade sprang up and lunged at him, but Kieper quickly leapt out of his way. Kieper bounced around just out of his reach, but not for long. Shade was faster, and he wrapped his arms around the man’s waist, pulling him down onto the sand.

The sea foam shimmered in the silvery light of the waning moon as the waves crashed along the shore. The dark secluded beach was perfect for keeping all of the nosey tourists away.

“Alright, you big bad Wolf,” Kieper tormented Shade between kisses. “You must be getting slow in your old age.”

“I still caught you, you little pup,” Shade purred, pressing their sandy bodies together

Garrett paused from reading to also join in teasing Shade. “How many years is that in doggie years? You’re probably older than Long Shadow now.”

The hammock swung back and forth in the warm tropical breeze as the Vampire lounged in a pair of cutoff jean shorts, the cell phone forgotten and lying on his bare chest. “You got another message from Maggie,” Garrett told Shade.

Kieper pulled Shade from the sand, keeping their fingers locked as they strolled along the surf.

Since being nominated as the only female representative to the committee, she had her hands full with Slate and Darrius. Both men were sexy and strong and usually dominated their competition, until now.

The sexual tension in the palace was electric. Maggie texted Shade several times a day for advice. At first, she wanted to know how to handle the hybrid attempts. After news spread of Shade’s transformation, others attempted to create more cross-breeds, but every attempt resulted in a horrible death of the subject.

As Maggie, Slate, and Darrius became closer, she turned to Shade, Kieper, and Garrett for love advice.

“I thought we were on vacation?” Kieper complained at the sight of the cellular device.

“We are,” Shade also frowned, “Tell her that she needs to have a firm grip when dealing with those boys,” Garrett typed his words as he talked. “Keep them in line or beat them into submission.”

Garrett shot Shade a curious glance overtop of the phone. “Are those your exact words?”

Shade gave him a lopsided grin. “Maggie’s a big girl, let her figure those boys out on her own.”

With that Garrett tossed the phone onto the ground.

Shade glanced from Kieper to Garrett, trying to decide which one he was going to go after first. The Vampire cocked a sexy eyebrow, making him Shade’s first target.

The Shadow Chaser rushed with Vampire speed, flipped the hammock over, dumping Garrett onto the sand. He straddled the man’s sexy bare chest. “Do you surrender?” He growled.

“To you? Always,” Garrett chuckled as Shade leaned in and stole a quick kiss from his playful prisoner. Garrett opened his mouth, letting Shade deepen the kiss.

Splashing in the distance caught both of their attention. Kieper wasn’t about to let them make-out on the beach without him. He charged up the sand, stopped and mischievously shook his wet fur, spraying saltwater all over both of them.

“Kieper!” They both shouted together. Followed by another round of teasing, “Bad doggie! Down boy! Sit, Fido, sit!” Changing back to Human form left Kieper naked, wet and desiring both of them, as they continued to roll around on the ground. They untangled their arms, welcoming him into their embrace.

“I’m so turned on right now,” Shade panted. His voice was thick with desire as his gorgeous grin curled the corners of his lush lips. “It feels like every cell in my entire body is on fire.”

Kieper and Garrett glanced at each other then back to Shade. “The change,” they said in unison. The transformation had Shade’s body humming, ready for a much needed release.

Fingers twisted hair. Someone strummed a nipple. A gasp was heard as heavy balls were squeezed and cocks strained for the pleasure that was about to come. Shade suddenly pulled them into a three way kiss. “Now! I need both of you, right now!”

Garrett tossed his head back at the dark sky and chuckled, “Oh no, Kieper, I think we’ve created a monster,” but Garrett’s teasing didn’t stop him from giving in to the demanding Shadow Chaser’s desires.

p style="margin:0px 0px 0px;">Thank you so much for reading, ‘Chasing the Shadows.’ I really hope that you have enjoyed Shade, Garrett and Kieper and their story as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it. Your comments and questions are always welcome. I love hearing from readers. Thanks again, KC.
Copyright © 2011 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hell of an ending there KC. So it took Shade having all three powers to kill her. Powerful woman you created there. Nicely done. At least they all get to enjoy themselves in the end. lol.

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 08:55 AM, comicfan said:
Hell of an ending there KC. So it took Shade having all three powers to kill her. Powerful woman you created there. Nicely done. At least they all get to enjoy themselves in the end. lol.
Thanks Wayne, She was a tough one but Shade was more powerful. The ending...well they couldn't ride off into the sunset now could they? :P Thanks for reading!
Link to comment

KC, I really enjoyed Chasing the Shadows very much from the beginning to the end. Shade was quite the character as was both Garrett and Kieper. An awesome ending to an awesome tale. Thank you for sharing it with us! :king:

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 09:26 AM, Billy Martin said:
KC, I really enjoyed Chasing the Shadows very much from the beginning to the end. Shade was quite the character as was both Garrett and Kieper. An awesome ending to an awesome tale. Thank you for sharing it with us! :king:
I'm really glad you liked it. Thanks so much for reading.
Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 11:41 AM, Daddydavek said:
KC, one word describes this story! HOT!

Shade's double transformations.

Shade's appetite for sex.

HOT!

Thanks Daddydavek, I didn't want it to disappoint. Better to go out with a bang instead of a wimper :P I'm glad you liked it!
Link to comment

Nice way to end things, like I said earlier, you were going end it with a thriple :P I'll leave a longer story review in a moment but as other said this was worth the wait. Nice story. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment

A sensational ending to a superb story! Thanks, KC! worshippy.gifworshippy.gif

 

Government by committee, eh? Oh yeah, that'll work!! lmaosmiley.gif I hope the boys don't have to start putting saltpeter into Shade's food! tongue.png

Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 04:57 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
Nice way to end things, like I said earlier, you were going end it with a thriple :P I'll leave a longer story review in a moment but as other said this was worth the wait. Nice story. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
thanks Andy, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the pointers along the way, it's too late for this story, but I'll keep them in mind for whatever I do next. Thanks again! :hug:
Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 09:16 AM, Conner said:
A sensational ending to a superb story! Thanks, KC! worshippy.gifworshippy.gif

 

Government by committee, eh? Oh yeah, that'll work!! lmaosmiley.gif I hope the boys don't have to start putting saltpeter into Shade's food! tongue.png

Well it is fiction :P this is the government of KC Land (jk) I'm glad that you liked it, I hope you felt satisfied by the end. Thanks so much for reading, it means a lot to me :)
Link to comment

Just stumbled across your story yesterday, so I´ve been reading it for the last couple of days. I´m always a bit apprehensive about reading original fantasy type stories, because it´s my favorite genre and I hate to see it not done well. I´m really glad I did try the story out though! :)

Just finished it now and it was smokin´! I especially liked the characters´ little back stories (Garret, Maggie..) and enjoyed it all round. All I can say is good luck to them all, with their committee... ;)

Link to comment
On 10/16/2011 09:10 AM, sunsbane said:
Just stumbled across your story yesterday, so I´ve been reading it for the last couple of days. I´m always a bit apprehensive about reading original fantasy type stories, because it´s my favorite genre and I hate to see it not done well. I´m really glad I did try the story out though! :)

Just finished it now and it was smokin´! I especially liked the characters´ little back stories (Garret, Maggie..) and enjoyed it all round. All I can say is good luck to them all, with their committee... ;)

Thanks Sunbane, I'm glad that it lived up to your expextations. Maybe your stumble over some of my other work and like that too! :P oh what an awful story whore I am (JK) I'm glad you too time to read it...and all at once! I don't think I've even read it all at once :lol:

Thanks again,

KC

Link to comment

The first story of yours that I've read and you have acquired a new fan.Wll start reading all your stuff from the top. I think recent syfy and fantasy have started to take themselves too seriously. This new one of yours is funny, hot and totally unbelieveable and I LOVED it. Thanks.

Link to comment
On 07/03/2012 06:44 AM, stanollie said:
The first story of yours that I've read and you have acquired a new fan.Wll start reading all your stuff from the top. I think recent syfy and fantasy have started to take themselves too seriously. This new one of yours is funny, hot and totally unbelieveable and I LOVED it. Thanks.
Thanks so much for taking time and checking out my work! Sorry for the delay responding to your review, we've been without power or internet for a few days. I'm glad that you like it. Most of my stories have an unusual twist with some humor or quirkiness mixed in...oh and don't forget sex! LOL :lol: I'm glad you like it and hope you read some more! :D
Link to comment

Great story KC wub.png The evil queen got what she deserved ! Personally I think the story needs more sex, but that's just my opinion gikkle.gifblushing.gif

glomp.gif

Link to comment
On 10/24/2012 07:42 AM, Slytherin said:
Great story KC wub.png The evil queen got what she deserved ! Personally I think the story needs more sex, but that's just my opinion gikkle.gifblushing.gif

glomp.gif

:lmao: More sex???? Wow, you are kinkier than me if you read this story and think it needs more sex! :lol: Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to let me know that you have enjoyed it. This was one of my earlier stories. I think I've learned so much since posting this and have really grown as a writer. I love these characters and had so much fun with them and this story! Thanks again! :D Kc
Link to comment

I loved this story. It was a great combination of characters and surprisingly I loved the threesome of mates you created. I'm not usually into the multiple mates thing. But this threesome really was balanced and it seemed like the love was really spread evenly. I liked the other characters you added too. The only thing I felt was left hanging was the issue of hybrids. What would happen when an attempt to create one worked and didn't end in death? It could lead to some huge problems. I am loving all your stories I read.

Link to comment
On 04/25/2013 07:18 PM, Cannd said:
I loved this story. It was a great combination of characters and surprisingly I loved the threesome of mates you created. I'm not usually into the multiple mates thing. But this threesome really was balanced and it seemed like the love was really spread evenly. I liked the other characters you added too. The only thing I felt was left hanging was the issue of hybrids. What would happen when an attempt to create one worked and didn't end in death? It could lead to some huge problems. I am loving all your stories I read.
Oh It's nice to re-visit this story. I wrote this a long time ago, but I've always liked these characters. They were so much fun to work with. :)

 

I left the hybrids open-ended. At the end of the story others are trying to creat hybrids but none of them have survived, only Shade. (Honestly, I hope they don't because that just makes him special :wub: )

 

Thanks for reading, KC

Link to comment
On 10/24/2012 at 6:36 PM, K.C. said:

:lmao: More sex???? Wow, you are kinkier than me if you read this story and think it needs more sex! :lol: 

That was me trying to be funny :funny: 
I miss you KC and I miss your stories :hug: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..