Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 2,501 Words
  • 6,651 Views
  • 32 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shepherd's Crook - 7. Chapter 7

Amanda tried to corner Tanner several times the next day, but she was unsuccessful. He ignored her icy glares in all of their mutual classes and then he intentionally walked faster in the hallway so she couldn’t keep up in the growing crowd. When he continued past the cafeteria, when everyone else was filing in for lunch, she followed him up the stairs to the school library.

Most of the kids used the state-of-the-art media center in the main student area, but Tanner headed towards the older library full of dusty stacks of books. He kept his head down as he walked, unaware that he was being followed.

Just as he reached for the door handle, Tanner was shoved from behind. The unexpected force slammed him into the brick wall. Ready to defend himself, Tanner dropped his backpack and whirled around, ready for a fight.

“What the hell’s wrong with you?” Tanner demanded, lowering his fists to his sides once he saw Amanda standing behind him.

She stood there glaring at him. “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you? Huh?” She started poking her skinny finger into his chest. “We’re all in this together, Tanner. Just because you grew a conscience over the summer doesn’t get you off the hook. If one of us goes down for cheating,” Amanda leaned in until he could feel her breath on his face, “we all go down.”

“Get a room, you two!” The sound of Mike’s booming voice, followed by his high-pitched distinctive laughter had Tanner and Amanda both shouting at him together. Their angry glares were locked on each other, never letting their eyes glance over at their friend interrupting their argument.

“Go the fuck away, Mike!”

“Shit, not now, Mike!”

“Jeez,” Mike let out a huff as he stomped down the hallway, “I was just kidding. You guys don’t have to bite my head off. What, are you both on the rag?”

Amanda never took her eyes off Tanner as he nervously squirmed to get away from her. With his back pressed against the wall and her body between him and the hallway, Tanner twisted to the side and pulled the heavy wooden door open and slipped into the library.

It was a temporary retreat since Amanda quickly followed him inside.

The dim room was lit by a large oval skylight in the center of the ceiling. The overcast sky let in the diffused light, but it still wasn’t enough to read by. Each table had a brass lamp with an emerald green shade, tilted down to illuminate the wooden tabletops.

As Amanda stalked behind Tanner, she never noticed Gibby sitting in the back of the room. His eyes glanced up when he heard them come in to the library. The book in his hands was suddenly forgotten as he watched their argument unfold.

“Look, Tanner,” Amanda hissed his name, “I’m not telling you again. If someone decided to rat us out, you are just as guilty as the rest of us.” Her voice rose as she continued to rant, drawing the attention of the librarian.

“Ahemmm,” the old lady cleared her throat trying to get their attention. When neither teenager acknowledged her, the woman spoke in a stern whisper. “Miss Grady, please keep your voice down.”

“Shut up you old cow!” Amanda hurled the insult over her shoulder without breaking eye contact with Tanner.

“Oh my god, Mandy, do you really hear yourself?” Tanner stepped into a row of books only to have her step right behind him.

“I’m looking out for the group--”

“And I’m looking out for me!” He cut her off.

Running his fingers through his blond hair disheveled the silky strands, making them stand out in every direction. “Can’t you see that? This has nothing to do with you or the twins or even Ethan. It has to do with me going to college next year. I’m not going to have you there to give me the answers to all of the tests anymore. I’m going to have to make it on my own.”

“Well, let’s just say that this is our insurance policy that everyone involved holds up their end of the deal.” Amanda held up a tiny slip of paper between her perfectly polished fingers. “Ms. Stein is planning a pop quiz next week and I really don’t care if you use it or not…just don’t try to act like you’re innocent.”

Amanda tucked the paper in Tanner’s shirt pocket and patted the front of his chest. He gasped at the touch and turned his face away from hers, noticing Gibby sitting in the back of the library. Gibby tried to glance back at the book in his lap, but Tanner had caught him watching them.

***

As Ethan walked through the hallway, the bell rang overhead, signaling the end of lunchtime. Mike and Mark chased him down as he made his way along the emptying hallway. Students darted into the classrooms lining both sides of the hallway, ready to start the afternoon sessions.

“Where did everyone go?” Ethan asked the twins once they were walking side by side. “You guys notice that the cafeteria was almost empty today?”

Mark shrugged his shoulders, but Mike chuckled, low in his throat. “C’mon, man, you know how it is when you got places to go and people to do!”

Ethan stopped and glared at him. It was nothing new for Mike to make inappropriate comments, but if something was going on in school, somehow Mike was always the first to know about it. “Is there something you’re not telling me?”

“Me? Nope, I don’t know anything, but you might want to ask your buddy Tanner what’s going on.”

“Tanner,” Ethan stepped closer to Mike, while Mark was suddenly interested in what his brother was saying too. “What’s Tanner have to do with this?”

A mischievous gleam sparkled in Mike’s dark eyes as he shrugged his shoulder and danced a few steps out of Ethan’s reach before he continued, “Man, maybe I got it all wrong, but our boy Tanner was looking pretty cozy with your girlfriend in the library at lunchtime.”

The color drained out of Ethan’s tan cheeks. Before either boy could stop him, Ethan shoved past them heading straight for the library.

***

“Are you going to the football game tonight?” Jonathan asked Gibby as he watched his son pick the mushrooms off his slice of pizza.

Gibby glanced up at his dad wearing a pair of blue scrubs with a long-sleeved navy t-shirt underneath. “Do you have to work tonight?”

Jonathan usually only wore scrubs at the hospital, so Gibby hardly ever saw him in them at home.

“I’m assigned to work with the paramedics at the game tonight.” Jonathan picked up his stethoscope and wrapped it around his neck. If you want, you can hitch a ride with us in the ambulance.”

Gibby’s instant smile split his face. He always loved watching the flashing lights and sirens as the ambulances would come and go at the hospital back home.

“Sure,” Gibby said before glancing down at his shorts and t-shirt. The evenings were getting shorter and a crisp breeze cut through the valley as soon as the sun passed over the mountain tops every evening. “Give me five minutes to change and I’ll be ready.”

Watching Gibby dash upstairs, Jonathan’s face beamed. He hadn’t seen his son so excited in a long time. Careful not to look too happy, Jonathan secretly hoped it was a change for the better.

Gibby was disappointed that they couldn’t turn the sirens on in the ambulance, but the flashing strobes were still cool as they drove right up to the side gate and were waved on through by security. Stepping out of the back, Gibby was glad that he had changed into warmer clothes, shoving his hands into the front pocket of his hoodie. The night was brisk as fans quickly packed into the bleachers.

“I’m going to walk around,” Gibby told his dad.

“Check back every once in a while.” Jonathan said and gave him a quick thumbs up before turning his attention back to the two-man paramedic staff, checking their supplies in the ambulance.

Walking along with the flow of the crowd, Gibby made his way to the concessions stand and ordered a soda before looking for an empty spot in the bleachers. Shelby sat in the top row with a group of kids that looked much younger than her. She waved at Gibby as he got closer, but the there was no room on the upper levels of the tightly packed stadium.

Gibby smiled at the girl as he pointed to an open spot closer to the bottom before sitting down on the cold steel bleachers alone. People continued to fill the spaces until the home and visitor’s stadiums were both packed.

The cheerleaders practiced warming up the crowd.

Sunshine smiled when she noticed Gibby climbing the bleachers. Bethany caught her staring at the new boy and giggled. “Fubwedu!” She teased Sunshine until Amanda glared at both of them, stopping their laughter immediately.

“I thought you said he wouldn’t show up tonight?” Bethany questioned Amanda.

Amanda rolled her eyes. “Oh please,” suddenly an evil smirk slithered across her face as she shouted louder than necessary for her friends to hear her over the crowd, “It’s only a party until Gibby shows up…now, it’s a barbecue!”

Students in the stands started laughing, cheering Amanda on. “Does anyone smell…” her button nose sniffed at the night air, “…burnt meat?”

Gibby slouched down in his seat. Jonathan was out of earshot and the rest of Shepherd’s Crook’s residents looked confused by the teenager girl’s taunts.

Sunshine frowned at her. “Mandy, that’s really mean.”

Amanda glared at her fellow cheerleaders, “Like I care?”

Using the fans’ laughter to her advantage, Amanda stepped in front of the crowd and started cheering. “Yell for our boys, we can’t be beat! Watch out Mt. Jackson, we’ll knock you off your feet!”

The rest of the cheerleaders slowly joined in. They jumped and shouted, getting the fans to stomp their feet and chant after them. Pom-poms shook as the crowd repeated each chant after the group of pretty girls.

Their short gray skirts held most of the men’s attention, but all eyes turned toward the field once the announcer started to introduce the night’s players.

Watching Tanner enter the field, Gibby felt a stirring in the pit of his stomach. Amanda and her hateful words were forgotten as soon as he watched Tanner glide across the field.

Mt. Jackson was a fierce opponent. Several of their players were bigger than Shepherd’s Crook’s guys. Gibby smiled, watching the game. He wasn’t a huge football fan, but there was no harm watching a field full of toned bodies in super tight pants running up and down the field for entertainment.

The game was still tied after half-time. It was easy to keep track of the teams. Mt. Jackson’s jerseys were bright green with gold pants; however, Gibby preferred the dark gray and gold jerseys of the home team with their formfitting white pants.

When Tanner glanced into the crowd, for a moment, he and Gibby locked eyes. Gibby shook his head. With this many people, and under the blinding lights shining across the field, there was no way that Tanner would have been able to pick him out in a sea of gray and gold. Still, he couldn’t help but grin at the thought.

The corner of Tanner’s mouth pulled into a smile for just a second before he placed his mouth guard between his teeth and clapped his hands with the rest of his teammates as they fell out of their huddle and back onto the field.

Ethan called out cryptic commands from the center of the field. Once he had the ball, the rest of the players quickly found their places and set the game in motion. Mt. Jackson was all over Mark as he tried to make his way down the field towards the end zone. Mark tried to shake them, but they anticipated all of Ethan’s movements.

Tanner watched as Ethan was sacked before he could release the ball. Making his way back up the field, Tanner saw Mike helping Ethan to his feet. “I was open!” Tanner shouted at the quarterback.

Ethan turned his back on Tanner and started yelling at the rest of the team. “Dude, you’ve gotta shake them next time. Mt. Jackson was all over your ass.” Ethan growled at Mark as he joined them in the huddle.

“Ethan, I was wide open, why didn’t you throw me the ball?” Noticing the glares from his teammates, Tanner’s hands started to tremble, unsure of what was going on.

“Alright guys, the score is tied, so we can still win this one.” Ethan gave them his usual pep talk, but as they broke into formation, Tanner still had a feeling that something was terribly wrong. None of his teammates looked him in the eyes.

In the fourth quarter, Mt. Jackson got control of the ball and used a bunch of throwaway plays to run down the clock. They were just toying with Shepherd’s Crook. The visiting team saw their disjointed players and used their own weakness against them. Once their opponents were confident that the home team wouldn’t be able to recover, Mt. Jackson blitzed them for a touchdown.

The crowd exploded in a mixture of rage and disbelief as Mt. Jackson won the game. Mt. Jackson was an equal match for Shepherd’s Crook, but the hometown boys had practically handed them the win.

“What the hell was that?” Coach shouted as the buzzer sounded, signaling the end of the game.

Fans cheered from the green and gold bleachers as their players greeted their loved ones rushing onto the field.

Gibby scanned the field for Tanner. He was in the middle of a confrontation with Ethan. One of the twins held back the star quarterback while the other one held his arms open keeping Tanner several feet back.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Tanner yelled at Ethan. Their raised voices drew a crowd.

Ethan glared at his best friend. “Do you want me to turn around so you have a better view of my back?”

Tanner stumbled back from his teammates, “W-w-what?” He stuttered.

“I never thought you would stab me in the back, Tanner!” Ethan growled.

“What are you talking about?” Tanner glanced from Ethan, back to the twins.

“Just because you don’t have a girlfriend, you try to steal mine?”

Tanner noticed their teammates gathering around them. “Ethan,” he hissed at his friend, “I swear man, it’s not what you think.”

“Really, then what is it?”

There was no way that Tanner could explain to him, not here in front of a growing crowd. Feeling cornered and trapped, Tanner backed away from his friends and stormed to the locker room alone.

Well, the secrets are starting to come out.  What do you think? I would love to hear from you.  Let me know what you like or what you don't.  Thanks so much for reading.
KC happy.png
Copyright © 2012 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 42
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Amanda is a bitch!!! Arghh.. I hate her mad.gif I wish Tanner

left his group of 'friend' and be his self... I really want to see

Tanner & Gibby together.

Great job KC as always worshippy.gif

Link to comment

I like your story, but it is about the most confusing time of anyone's life. And Tanner is a bit more than usually confused about things. A time I am well past by almost 50 years and I really don't think I would have the patience to go through all the BS that kids dish.

I hated cliques then and they still put my teeth on edge.

Link to comment

I just love all this teenage mess! xD

 

Can't wait to see how Gibby is going to get mixed up on it.

 

It may be just a stupid guess, but the more I read, more Tanner and Gibby appear to have complementar personalities, dunno. They seem opposites in some aspects, but it feels like one's weaknesses are the other strenghts xD. Maybe they can make a good team.

 

See ya next chapter

Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 11:07 AM, unlikelyu said:
Amanda is a bitch!!! Arghh.. I hate her mad.gif I wish Tanner

left his group of 'friend' and be his self... I really want to see

Tanner & Gibby together.

Great job KC as always worshippy.gif

Yeah Amanda is a piece of Sh---work :P I think Tanner is starting to take a closer look at his friends. Will they? Wont they? :whistle: I can't remember, I have to go back and read my notes, LOL :lol:
Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 11:57 AM, Daddydavek said:
I like your story, but it is about the most confusing time of anyone's life. And Tanner is a bit more than usually confused about things. A time I am well past by almost 50 years and I really don't think I would have the patience to go through all the BS that kids dish.

I hated cliques then and they still put my teeth on edge.

I agree Dave, I don't usually write teenage stories, there is way too much drama. And it's not like I don't get enough of that with my real life kid :P But still thanks for reading! :D
Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 12:33 PM, ghanbrews said:
I just love all this teenage mess! xD

 

Can't wait to see how Gibby is going to get mixed up on it.

 

It may be just a stupid guess, but the more I read, more Tanner and Gibby appear to have complementar personalities, dunno. They seem opposites in some aspects, but it feels like one's weaknesses are the other strenghts xD. Maybe they can make a good team.

 

See ya next chapter

Teenage drama :lol: wow maybe I shouldn't let my RL spill into my stories :P

 

Next chapter :o Huh? I guess I better get writing! JK :P

Link to comment

wow drama, drama and even more drama . I stand by my opinion of Amanda she is a bitch with a capital B. And its obvious Mike likes to stir up trouble oy vey. and Ethan, um buddy you don't bring your personal beefs to the field you big dummy. thats how you lose games...as you so skillfully proved *shakes head*

 

So Tanner has been helping this lot to pass hmmm. oy poor guy trying to get out of an impossible situation. Now Gibby overheard too this should be interesting for sure. Love that Tanner glanced up and smiled at Gibby briefly before going back into the game. Personally i don't think he's touch Amanda with a ten foot pole. I'm starting to understand why Tanner stays separated from this group a little bit, i hope he distances himself further this group is not good for him at all. Let him hang with Gibby that would be nice :) great chapter KC . I wanted to throttle Amanda for what she said about Gibby, she's just lucky his dad didn't hear her.

Link to comment

Laughed so hard at Amanda, she could match James any day. I love her to bits. The Game was interesting being an NFL fan I know what you're talking about .

I love Gibby, and his dad, they make such an amazing family.

Amanda's insults were bad, but Gibby is strong enough to laugh them off I think.

Great chapter KC You're a marvel :):hug:

Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 02:23 PM, Jammi said:
wow drama, drama and even more drama . I stand by my opinion of Amanda she is a bitch with a capital B. And its obvious Mike likes to stir up trouble oy vey. and Ethan, um buddy you don't bring your personal beefs to the field you big dummy. thats how you lose games...as you so skillfully proved *shakes head*

 

So Tanner has been helping this lot to pass hmmm. oy poor guy trying to get out of an impossible situation. Now Gibby overheard too this should be interesting for sure. Love that Tanner glanced up and smiled at Gibby briefly before going back into the game. Personally i don't think he's touch Amanda with a ten foot pole. I'm starting to understand why Tanner stays separated from this group a little bit, i hope he distances himself further this group is not good for him at all. Let him hang with Gibby that would be nice :) great chapter KC . I wanted to throttle Amanda for what she said about Gibby, she's just lucky his dad didn't hear her.

Drama Oh my! :D That what happens when you throw a bunch of kids with raging hormones together.

 

Tanner hasn't been helping his friends cheat at school that is Amanda. She's handing out the answers and is now upset that Tanner doesn't want to cheat anymore. He has a point, it was fun while it lasted but he's looking forward to college and his future. We'll see how Amanda takes it. Thanks for reading.

Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 06:10 PM, Mark92 said:
Laughed so hard at Amanda, she could match James any day. I love her to bits. The Game was interesting being an NFL fan I know what you're talking about .

I love Gibby, and his dad, they make such an amazing family.

Amanda's insults were bad, but Gibby is strong enough to laugh them off I think.

Great chapter KC You're a marvel :):hug:

Thanks Marky, I didn't want it to be too much football overload. I wanted that someone who doesn't watch felt like they were still right there enjoying the game. Thanks for reading! :D
Link to comment

Lord have mercy, can Amanda get any meaner...jeeze *rolls eyes* I know she's getting on Gibby's nerve because she's getting on mine. And I can't figure out for the life of me why Ethan would think anyone wants that trashbag. Tanner I'm hoping has better taste than that... lol Still loving Gibby sooo much. He's really cool.

Link to comment

That Amanda! I wonder what her father would say if he heard her degrade Gibby that way. What a bitch. How could anyone see anything in her?

 

And of course Ethan probably ran to Amanda to find out wtf happened with her and Tanner, and she most likely spun him a tale of how Tanner came on to her or some shit like that. And Mike just wanted to start a fight by even bringing it up. Poor Tanner.

 

Oh yeah, I also wonder what dearest Principal Gray would have to say if he knew his darling daughter was stealing exam answers and cheating? Would love to find out!

 

Another awesome chapter KC. Just annoyed I have to wait another week for more!

 

That's just proof of your awesome writing talents! :)

Link to comment
On 05/15/2012 10:00 PM, Naptowngirl said:
Lord have mercy, can Amanda get any meaner...jeeze *rolls eyes* I know she's getting on Gibby's nerve because she's getting on mine. And I can't figure out for the life of me why Ethan would think anyone wants that trashbag. Tanner I'm hoping has better taste than that... lol Still loving Gibby sooo much. He's really cool.
LOL Amanda is...something else :P I'm glad you're still reading. Gibby is one of my favorite characters that I've written. He's awesome! :D
Link to comment
On 05/16/2012 05:21 AM, carringtonrj said:
A proper story, really carefully constructed. :)
Short and to the point :lol: Thanks RJ!
Link to comment
On 05/16/2012 06:22 AM, Lisa said:
That Amanda! I wonder what her father would say if he heard her degrade Gibby that way. What a bitch. How could anyone see anything in her?

 

And of course Ethan probably ran to Amanda to find out wtf happened with her and Tanner, and she most likely spun him a tale of how Tanner came on to her or some shit like that. And Mike just wanted to start a fight by even bringing it up. Poor Tanner.

 

Oh yeah, I also wonder what dearest Principal Gray would have to say if he knew his darling daughter was stealing exam answers and cheating? Would love to find out!

 

Another awesome chapter KC. Just annoyed I have to wait another week for more!

 

That's just proof of your awesome writing talents! :)

Oh, what would Daddy Dearest do if he found out that little Amanda was cheating at school??? 0:) Are we starting to see cracks in the group? :whistle:

 

I'm sorry you have to wait another week, I hope it's worth the wait. Thanks for reading :D

Link to comment

Argh, cheating students! angry.png That's the worst kind. What is it with them thinking they stand above their co-students that allows them to take a short-cut to the grade they think they should have, preferably without having to work for it? Towards the end of a semester there is always someone getting caught cheating, in my subject it's often copy-paste cases, occasionally someone who has used google translate ohmy.png , to whom I say they could at least take the time to read the damn thing through and fix the most obvious mistakes. Sometimes I wonder if it says 'dumb' on my forehead?dry.png They think I'm easily fooled.

 

So that was completely off topic, (sorry) but it was what popped up in my mind when reading the first part of this chapter. It's understandable Amanda is feeling pressured to keep her cheating team together, they all have a lot to lose. Tanner wanting out of it is both admirable and understandable as well, he's thinking about his future. The best way for him would of course be if he confessed to what he has done. But I'm sure he thinks he will get away with it, maybe so, but now he is a potential threat to his'friends and I doubt they will let him go peacefully. The mature way to handle it would be for Tanner to confess and make amends, but then there would be no story, right?

 

Well, some group of 'friends' they are. Amanda 'pleasant' as always, and what is it about Mike? What has he got against Tanner? And he isn't very nice to Ethan either the way he maliciously makes sure Ethan finds out Tanner and Amanda are in the library. And it doesn't stop there, he is spreading rumors about Tanner among their team-mates as well.

 

Ethan by the way doesn't seem very bright. Actually I feel kind of sad for him, the way I see, this far, he is being used by Amanda and by Mike. But why would a smart girl (evil people can be smart too, they are the worst kind) like Amanda want a fool like Ethan for boyfriend, are looks really that important?

It's only a matter of time before this group of friends will start falling apart, inner and outer forces contributing. Wonder whom Tanner will turn to if isolated from the group - you have any suggestions? whistle.gif

Link to comment
On 05/17/2012 03:01 AM, sorgbarn said:
Argh, cheating students! angry.png That's the worst kind. What is it with them thinking they stand above their co-students that allows them to take a short-cut to the grade they think they should have, preferably without having to work for it? Towards the end of a semester there is always someone getting caught cheating, in my subject it's often copy-paste cases, occasionally someone who has used google translate ohmy.png , to whom I say they could at least take the time to read the damn thing through and fix the most obvious mistakes. Sometimes I wonder if it says 'dumb' on my forehead?dry.png They think I'm easily fooled.

 

So that was completely off topic, (sorry) but it was what popped up in my mind when reading the first part of this chapter. It's understandable Amanda is feeling pressured to keep her cheating team together, they all have a lot to lose. Tanner wanting out of it is both admirable and understandable as well, he's thinking about his future. The best way for him would of course be if he confessed to what he has done. But I'm sure he thinks he will get away with it, maybe so, but now he is a potential threat to his'friends and I doubt they will let him go peacefully. The mature way to handle it would be for Tanner to confess and make amends, but then there would be no story, right?

 

Well, some group of 'friends' they are. Amanda 'pleasant' as always, and what is it about Mike? What has he got against Tanner? And he isn't very nice to Ethan either the way he maliciously makes sure Ethan finds out Tanner and Amanda are in the library. And it doesn't stop there, he is spreading rumors about Tanner among their team-mates as well.

 

Ethan by the way doesn't seem very bright. Actually I feel kind of sad for him, the way I see, this far, he is being used by Amanda and by Mike. But why would a smart girl (evil people can be smart too, they are the worst kind) like Amanda want a fool like Ethan for boyfriend, are looks really that important?

It's only a matter of time before this group of friends will start falling apart, inner and outer forces contributing. Wonder whom Tanner will turn to if isolated from the group - you have any suggestions? whistle.gif

Kids never think they are going to get caught! They just had 2 girls get caught cheating at my kid's school, one girl took another girl's test. It was a make-up test so they just swapped ID cards, scan into computer and complete. It's all computerized... :o

 

Jeez, I hope none of my friends from when i was growing up ever read this cause there is bits and pieces of my school crowd mixed into these kids. The evil bitch, the good-looking dumb as hell jock, the twins, the newbie... But I guess every school has that the mosh-posh mix of different personalities.

 

Jeez if Tanner wants out, I have no idea who he would try to befriend...honest! :P Thanks for reading.

Link to comment

Okay so you let a lot out here. Amanda is truly a Bitch. She just lives to turn the knife whether it be friend or foe. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. Ethan seems to be an idiot, but then most high school boys are. Tanner continues to be an intriguing character.I like him but still not sure I totally trust him.

 

Would love to know what would happen if Amanda was caught cheating. What would her darling daddy do? Would she bat her eyes and say it was a mistake like she did when she threw her pudding at Gibby from across the lunch room?

 

Well until I finish the next chapter have to say I'm really enjoying this story KC. So very different from what you have done, but exceedingly well done.

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 08:22 AM, comicfan said:
Okay so you let a lot out here. Amanda is truly a Bitch. She just lives to turn the knife whether it be friend or foe. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. Ethan seems to be an idiot, but then most high school boys are. Tanner continues to be an intriguing character.I like him but still not sure I totally trust him.

 

Would love to know what would happen if Amanda was caught cheating. What would her darling daddy do? Would she bat her eyes and say it was a mistake like she did when she threw her pudding at Gibby from across the lunch room?

 

Well until I finish the next chapter have to say I'm really enjoying this story KC. So very different from what you have done, but exceedingly well done.

Thanks Wayne, I'm glad your reading and more important liking this story. I've worked really hard on this one. It's not the typical high school story. I tried to pull a lot of real world into this one.

 

I'm surprised you're reading this evening with your headache :hug: feel better!

Link to comment

You may be misleading the others with the green monster coming between Ethan and Tanner, I mean give me a break. Who would want that sleazebag, trashy mouth Amanda?nuke.gif

 

Still waiting for the wrath of Shepherd's Crook to befall Amanda. whistle.gif And boy am I going to be enjoying the spectacle.innocent.gif

Link to comment

Big drama coming up! I'm surprised Ethan didn't approach Tanner alone if they were best friends.

Link to comment

This story has so many twist...I love it. Still hate Amanda but love Gibby and how Tanner stands up to her. Great job. Must read more!thumbsup.gif

Link to comment
On 07/17/2012 04:56 PM, Swhouston44 said:
You may be misleading the others with the green monster coming between Ethan and Tanner, I mean give me a break. Who would want that sleazebag, trashy mouth Amanda?nuke.gif

 

Still waiting for the wrath of Shepherd's Crook to befall Amanda. whistle.gif And boy am I going to be enjoying the spectacle.innocent.gif

I think a few chapters back I had mentioned a girl from my school who was evil. It always amazed me that guys went crazy over her. She was awful but some people don't look past the shell to find the chewy evil nugget center :lol:

Thanks for reading.

Link to comment
On 07/18/2012 02:33 PM, intune said:
Big drama coming up! I'm surprised Ethan didn't approach Tanner alone if they were best friends.
Boys! Hmmph...more likely to pound their chest instead of talk things out!
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..