Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,104 Words
  • 1,529 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 3. Chapter 3

New job.
Old lover.
New future.

Raoul Cyprus Valdez, born in the mountains of Spain to a wealthy bloodline. His wife Drusilla Livia Valdez, whom he met on holiday while traveling through some parts of Africa, came from a middleclass family in the states. Her volunteer work took her from poor villages around the world teaching and forming schools. They met at a bus stop when a sudden downpour hit. Cyprus shield her with his umbrella. He couldn’t take his eyes off her.

He asked her, her name, and when she spoke his heart filled with warmth and longing. He knew he would not rest until she’d fallen in love with him. Which took six months of helping with her cause to convince her he wasn’t a spoiled rich man’s son trying to buy her affection.

They exchanged contact information before Cyprus returned home to go to college when he discovered that Drusilla was going to the same school. Upon graduation, they wedded in his home country and a few years later had their first and only son whom they named after her father.

Due to complications with her heart and son’s premature birth, Drusilla’s doctor informed her she couldn’t have any more children. They showered their child with gifts and love, Drusilla grew comfortable with her new position as a wealthy woman and focused her attention on raising their son and running her charities.

Cyprus didn't mind the change in his wife, in fact, he encouraged he. Like his upbringing he always reminded his son who he was, and the expectations of him. Patrick had problems with his health growing up and was sheltered for his protection. It wasn’t until he was in high school, he was able to convince his parents to allow him to study abroad. Patrick grew up fast, having several lovers who all have taken care of him.

Cyprus Valdez entered the Palace, an upscale hotel restaurant to meet a business associate for coffee. The host showed him to his usual table. He scanned the room before directing his eyes on his computer tablet. He was in the middle of checking his email when he noticed a waiter approached. He glanced up and saw a well-groomed male in uniform. Cyprus glanced back to his pad.

“A pot of coffee, please.”

“Right away, sir.” The waiter went away just as someone approached.

“Mr. Valdez?” Cyprus raised his head and a warm smile spread on his face when he saw an attractive male of Asian descent wearing a quality suit that could rival his. His long raven hair draped flawless behind his shoulders. His youthful appearance concealed his true age.

“Yuri?”

“How are you, sir?” Cyprus rose and moved to Yuri, hugging him. As he released him, Cyprus kissed Yuri’s cheek.

“So good to see you again. Please, sit with me.”

“I don’t want to intrude.”

“Nonsense, you are always welcome. Now sit, I have coffee coming.”

“Thank you.” Yuri sat across from Cyprus who placed his tablet aside.

“So, what brings you to town?” asked Cyprus.

“I—needed a change of scenery.”

“So, you haven’t gone to see Patrick yet?”

“I’m not sure if he wants to see me. Besides, I’m…”

“Here’s your coffee sir.” Said a perky voice that Cyprus found familiar. Normally he would ignore his server, but he turned and saw someone he was not expecting to be bringing him his coffee.

Patrick stood smiling at his father rocking on his toes as he laced his hands behind his back, seeming victorious.

Cyprus stared at his heir to his fortune and knew who put his son up to this.

“Patrick, what are you doing?” Cyprus demanded, wanting to grab his son and force him into the chair beside him before someone recognize him.

“I’m working,” Patrick said, with a shrug of his shoulders. Patrick noticed his father was not on board with his career decision. “Don’t worry, I use mom’s last name,” whispered Patrick.

“Why are you serving people?” Cyprus tried to keep his voice calm.

“Because I’m your server, father. I walked in asked for a job and they hired me. What are the odds of you being here on my first day.”

“Hello Patrick,” said Yuri. Patrick looked at Yuri and froze from the sight of his ex-boyfriend. Cyprus observed his son lost for words for his old lover.

“Patrick, you remember Yuri?” Patrick tensed and frowned at his father’s comment.

“Of course, I remember him. But, I’m at work now. I’m not allowed to socialize with the customers.”

“Is there something wrong with your bank account?” asked Cyprus.

“No. Adam feels that a job will help me gain an understanding of taking care of myself and not relying on my inheritance.”

“Does he?” sneered Cyprus.

“Who’s Adam?” asked Yuri. But before Patrick could answer another waiter approached and whispered in his ear.

“Sorry, but I have to get back to work. Goodbye to you both and enjoy your coffee.”

“Uh, wait,” said his father. “Did you make this coffee?”

“No, I’m only a server.”

“Very well,” Cyprus said, feeling a relief that he didn’t have to face any lawsuits. He watched Patrick turn to leave, but not before glancing at Yuri, who smiled and bowed his head slightly to his old flame. Patrick hurried off.

“I can’t believe what that, detective, made my son get a low-end job,” said Cyprus.

“Adam, is Patrick’s new lover?”

“Sadly, yes.”

“And he’s a detective you say?”

“Yes, yes,” Yuri noted how Cyprus hated talking about Adam.

“I’m sorry, you’re upset?”

“Not at you, my friend. Adam Potter is a thorn in my side. He has my son rejecting his birthright.”

“Maybe I can talk to Patrick.” Cyprus glanced at Yuri and knew he was the one who broke up with Patrick. But, out of all of Patrick’s lovers, Yuri was the only one he thought was best suited for his son.

“Maybe you can. Do you have plans this weekend?”

After a warning about talking to the guest, Patrick had to report to the kitchen to help with a few orders. They assigned him to the coffee station with another employee. Everything went well until his coworker stepped away for a break.

Cyprus and Yuri just finished their conversation when a loud crash came from the kitchen.

*************

Adam had to do some errands. He saw a fruit stand and decided to grab some berries for a parfait he wanted to make for tomorrow’s breakfast. He drove back through a neighborhood that had trees lining both sides of the street. He found the homes, charming. Something caught his eye, making him pull over.

A yard sale in front of a two-story house, with wrap around porch, double doors, and connected garage. Adam climbed out and noticed several people browsing and buying dishes, TVs, furniture among other things. He also saw a for sale sign for the house.

“Adam, Adam Potter?” said a pregnant female walking up to him.

Megan Sutter, an old colleague from the police force was also from the same training academy class as Adam. Where he went to become a detective, Megan pursued a career in Forensics.

“Megan?” he said, seeing her holding the hand of a little boy no older than two. They embraced the best they could considering how far along she was.

“Wow, Adam, you look great. When did you get back in town?”

“Not that long ago.”

“Well, are you back on the force?”

“No, I actually have my own detective agency now.”

“Good for you. I remember you and AJ were close. Have you spoken to him?”

“No, AJ and I broke up. I’m with someone new now.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“I’m not.”

“So, you think this one is, ‘the one’?”

“He could be.”

“Well, he must be something for you to be house hunting?”

“House hunting? Oh, no, I only stopped because of the yard sale.”

“Oh, too bad, this would have been a steal.”

“Why?”

“Well, I was offered a new position with a promotion, but it’s in another state. With having little Mikey here, we could use the money to settle in our new home until I have this one,” she patted her belly. “… in a couple of months.”

“Well, I wish you all the luck.”

“Why don’t you come in and have a look around Adam?”

“Megan, I told you I’m not looking to buy.”

“Then there’s no reason for you not to look around. Besides, I want to introduce you to Evan.”

Megan grabbed his arm and tugged. Adam knew she was showing him more than her mate, but went along. They entered the house and right away a striking male approached, holding price signs for the sale outside. Megan released Adam’s arm and walked up to the male kissing him. Right away the toddler grabbed the male’s leg wanting to be picked up.

“Adam, this is Evan, my husband, Evan, this is Adam Potter. Adam and I were in the academy together.”

Evan picked his son up and stepped to Adam, holding out his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Adam. Megan told me how you helped her get through the academy.”

“Nice to meet you, Evan. And congratulations to you both.”

“I wanted you at the wedding, but AJ said you’ve already left town.”

“Yeah, I had to work some things out.”

“So, you’re interested in the house?” asked Evan. Megan cut in before Adam.

“He claims to be here for the yard sale. I wanted to give him a tour.”

“Well, you give him the tour, and I’ll take this little guy outside and hang up these signs. Enjoy the tour, Adam.”

“Thanks,” Adam replied, watching Evan leave with his son. “You have a beautiful family Megan.”

“Ever think about having one of your own?”

“I do.”

“Well, it’s not for the meek. Come on, let’s start in the living room.” Adam followed her down the hall and to the right, they entered a room that reminded him of his childhood home. The living room was warm and inviting just like the home his parents made for him and his brothers. He envisioned him and Patrick cuddling on the couch, or pillows covering the floor with the Sunday paper and coffee.

“This is the gourmet kitchen,” said Megan. “We finished with the remodeling a month ago. So, everything here is still brand new.”

“And you’re leaving this?”

“We need a bigger place and not to mention the new job came out of the blue.”

Adam walked around the room, seeing himself showing Patrick how to cook and tasting each other’s creations. Another room connected, revealing a breakfast nook with a view of the garden.

“There’s a garden?” asked Adam.

“Private, garden,” said Megan.

“Complete privacy?”

“Absolute. Back this way is a private office that Evan uses.”

The office was small but did fit a desk and a two-seater couch. Adam could keep the dark world he had to deal with, separate from his home life with Patrick who worries about him. Megan took Adam upstairs showing him the bedroom with two walk-in closets and a private bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub. Down the hall, a second bathroom, and a guest bedroom. She walked him to a door at the end of the hall.

“This door leads to the attic that is the length of the house so there’s lots of storage room up there. I forgot to show you that there’s a basement it’s also the length of the house. You can get there through the kitchen.” They went back downstairs to the kitchen where Megan gave Adam a glass of Lemonade. “I made this for the sale.” Adam drank down the sweet beverage, his mind lost in thought. “So, what do you think?”

“It’s delicious,” he said, finishing off the drink.

“And the house?”

“It’s a dream.”

“A happy dream, I hope?”

“The house is amazing, Megan.”

“Then make an offer.”

“I don’t think I can afford what you’re asking.”

“We’ll cut the price by thirty percent.”

“What, why?”

“Because I rather sell it to someone I trust will love it than to a stranger.”

“Megan, I don’t know…”

“Think it over and call me with your offer in a week.”

“A week?”

“That’s as long as I can wait before agreeing to another offer. We have to leave and get settled before our second child is born.”

“A week?”

“Hope to hear from you sooner.”

Adam said his goodbyes and promise Megan he would call with an offer or a pass. He drove off wondering what was he getting himself into.

Thanks for to thumbs up. If anyone can leave a review to tell me how the story is progressing so far I would love it.
Thanks again.:worship:
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think I jumped into the middle of the series, you know, since I stumbled onto this and had no knowledge of prior events....patrick and Justin hating each other, Yuri and Patrick story and many more.

but, with the description and progress, I think I can hazard a guess at the background story.

BTW, you write masterfully.

Link to comment

OMG, I can't stop laughing at the scene where Patrick was "making" coffee in a the restaurant with the presence of his father 😂😂😂

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..