Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,202 Words
  • 1,167 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 31. Chapter 31

This is after Penny and the Lou brothers murders at the police station.

Earlier:

Unaware to Yuri, when he left the Valdez estate, someone followed him. He phoned his lawyer and told him to meet him at the police station. When he arrived, his lawyer stood outside the building waiting for him.

“Mr. Shutter, I trust, I will be able to take Jamie home tonight?” asked Yuri, who continued up the steps with Shutter close behind.

“Once I review the police findings I’m sure it will only be a matter of paper work, Mr. Jen.”

When they walked in their directed to the second floor. Yuri sees Jamie walking down a hallway followed by Detective Chance.

“Jamie,” Yuri said. Jamie rushed to Yuri, hugging him.

“Yuri, you came.”

“Are you all right,” Yuri asked Jamie, patting the younger man’s back and hair. But before Jamie could speak, he broke down sobbing against Yuri’s chest. “It’s all right Jamie, let it out.”

“I’m so sorry, Yuri,” Jamie cried. “This is my fault.”

“Jamie, quiet,” Yuri said.

“How so, Mr. Steward?” asked AJ, opening the door that led to his and Arite’s office. Jamie sucked in a breath not turning around gripping Yuri’s body in hope for help. “Please come in,” AJ waited as Yuri, not letting go of Jamie, walked into the office followed by his lawyer and AJ.

“Of course, he meant getting him a bodyguard,” Mr. Shutter said.

“And why did Jamie need a bodyguard Mr. Jin?” AJ asked.

“That is a private business matter, detective,” Shutter said.

“Actually, it’s police business now,” AJ continued. “It’s become a murder investigation.”

“So, shouldn’t the police get on with finding out who murdered Mr. Jen’s staff?”

“We can’t do a proper investigation when Mr. Jen is holding back information.”

“Detective Potter was there. Wouldn’t he be more informative?”

Everyone, except Jamie, looked at Adam, who sat with his arms crossed in front of Artie’s desk with his back to the folly, thought only of Patrick, relieved that he was out of the folly for once.

Adam wonders why Yuri threw him under the bus considering Yuri ordered him not to get the police involved in the first place. He turned in his seat and set his eyes on Yuri, who composure didn’t flinch.

Adam was ready to let everything he knew spill out, but something nagged at the back of his head preventing him to speak of WillowMoss.

“We’re in the process of getting Mr. Potter’s statement,” Artie said, not even addressing Adam as a detective.

Yuri glanced at his lawyer who excused himself and went into the hallway.

“Where’s your lawyer going?” Artie asked Yuri.

“He’s going to handle things,” Yuri said.

“Aren’t you concern about the death of your assistant, Penny Bell?” AJ asked.

“I’m concerned about all three of my people, detective.”

“Then help us understand why they’re dead.”

But before Yuri could answer his lawyer reentered the room.

“The detectives will be receiving a phone call from their superiors,” said the man, whose name Yuri never mentioned. Artie looked at the man perplexed when AJ’s desk phone rang.

Yuri, Jamie, and his lawyer left the police station with Adam following. Adam recalled Artie’s threats not to leave town. Adam watched as Yuri spoke to his lawyer in private leaving Jamie by his car. Adam approached Jamie who smiled at Adam.

“Wild night,” Adam said.

“Yeah,” Jamie said, in a shaky voice.

“I don’t think Yuri will be letting you out of his sight anymore.”

“You think so?”

“I wouldn’t—if I was him.” Adam recovered. Jamie grinned at Adam’s fumble.

“I hope I can see you again—as a friend.”

“I’d like that.”

“Would your boyfriend be okay with that?”

“Pat, is a bit insecure but once he knows he has nothing to worry about he’ll warm up to you.”

“Are you going to tell him about our kiss?”

“I don’t remember it, so what’s there to tell?”

“I guess you’re right.”

“Jamie, I’m sorry if I’d made you feel uncomfortable.”

Jamie glanced over at Yuri who had his back to them. He looked at Adam and lunged at him kissing him sincerely on the mouth. Adam hesitated before breaking their embrace. They said nothing as Adam turned and hurried to his jeep wanting to be with Patrick more than ever. Leaving Jamie tasting his lips as Yuri approached.

************

Yuri drove while Jamie stared out his window. Every now and then Yuri glanced at Jamie, who avoided eye contact. Yuri gripped the steering wheel keeping his eyes on the road.

“They’re dead because of me,” Jamie said, giving Yuri a sideways glance.

“Why would you say that? You didn’t kill them.”

“But I was the reason it all happened.”

“You’re a victim as much as anyone. Penny would have died for you.”

“That bitch got what she deserved.” Yuri pulled to the side of the road, leaving the motor running and flashed an icy stare at Jamie.

“What did you say?” he snapped. Jamie, shocked by Yuri’s tone didn’t regret what he said.

“She told me she wanted me gone. She said it while she was dying that she wanted to kill me!” Jamie screeched.

Yuri, shocked to hear his friend that he trusted with his own life would act in such a way.

“No, Jamie—you heard her wrong…”

“No, Yuri, I heard her loud and clear. She hated me from the start because she wanted you all to herself. Ask Adam, he heard her confession.”

Yuri still didn’t want to believe what he heard but knew Jamie had no reason to lie to him. He took a deep breath, calming down the best he could.

“We’ll talk about this later when I’ve calmed down.”

They drove in silence, Jamie knew Yuri would have to come to terms about Penny on his own, so he changed the subject.

“You saw, didn’t you?”

“Yes, I saw her death.”

“No, I mean the kiss.”

Yuri gave a deep chuckle at Jamie’s comment.

“Yes, I saw it.”

“Did he see it?”

“Yes, Patrick saw it as well.”

“So, you slept with him?” Jamie asked, tears welling in his eyes. Yuri caught from Jamie’s tone that the thought of him sleeping with Patrick upset him.

“No, I didn’t sleep with him.”

Jamie turned to Yuri with hope that he was telling the truth.

“You didn’t?”

“I changed my mind. My concern is for you.”

“I love you too.”

“Now, I need to get you to someplace safe. We can’t go back to the hotel, so I decided to get you out of town. My jet will be ready when we get to the airport.”

“We’re leaving? But didn’t the detectives say not to leave town?”

“My lawyer will deal with them. And no, you’re leaving.”

“I don’t want to go alone.”

“I have to handle things here before I can join you. Which I will as soon as possible.”

“Where am I going?”

“You’ll know when you get there. But don’t worry, I have people waiting to take care of you until I arrive.”

“Okay.”

Yuri started to pull back onto the road when a vehicle, with no headlight, drove at top speed curved behind Yuri’s car and slammed them from behind.

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment and or like.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..