Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,353 Words
  • 1,003 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 36. Chapter 36

Patrick decides to go home to wait for Adam.

Patrick returned to his room. He messaged Cora on his cell phone telling her to inform everyone he didn’t want to be disturbed.

He tried to take a nap, but he couldn’t stop his mind from racing. Building up scenarios of Adam’s death. He tried to wipe his negative thoughts clean, but they kept returning. His throat felt dry and he wanted a drink. But all he had in his room was water. His parent’s thought it best not to allow him to have a mini bar at his disposal.

“Damnit,” Patrick shouted, sitting up in bed. “Not again. I’m not going back to bad habits.” His cell rang, and he saw Justin’s ID.

“Why do I have his number?” Patrick sighed, and tried not to sound annoyed. “Hello.”

“Patrick, have you seen Adam?” Justin asked.

“You know he’s with me at my parents.”

“It’s just I’ve been worried about him. He’s been sending me weird text.”

“What about?”

“The case he was working on.”

“What was weird about them?”

“One said, he didn’t feel it was safe. That people were coming for him.”

“Who’s coming for him?”

“That’s the strange part. He never said. I just think you should keep a close eye on him.”

“Well, I always do.”

“Okay, I just thought you should know. Goodbye.” Justin hung up.

Patrick sat back thinking over what Justin told him.

“Adam would never allow me to go on a case with him, except, he would take Justin in a minute. I’ll never understand that, I could be there for support.” Then it all made sense to Patrick.

“Adam will be tired and stressed. He wouldn’t want to have to drive back here after finding Jamie, he would rather go to the apartment and that’s where I need to be waiting for him.”

Patrick climbed out of bed and dressed. He went to his mother, who will be disappointed that he was leaving early, but understanding.

***************

“Patrick, tonight’s the last night of the party. You know your father and I are leaving the country tomorrow.” Drusilla said, after Patrick found her posed on a ladder holding her camera in the greenhouse taking pictures.

“I’m sorry about this mother, but I need to be there for Adam. And that means at the apartment. Can you understand?”

She climbed down and sat her camera on a table nearby. She reached out and placed her hand on one side of Patrick’s cheek.

“Of course, I can understand. And Adam better know how lucky he is to have you.” She kissed him and took his arm as they walked to the door.

“I feel I’m the lucky one.”

“Don’t be so down on yourself about your past relationships. We’ve all been through bumps in our life.”

“So, yours and father’s relationship had bumps?”

“Oh, heaven, yes. In fact, there was a time we almost divorced.”

“When?” Patrick gripped her hand in concern.

“Darling, don’t fret. It was long before your conception. We moved into our first home and were just getting to know each other. Things like that happens.”

“First home?”

“Yes. It was a house that Raoul found and bought for me.”

“And you almost parted because of it?”

“Everyone brings their own baggage. And sometimes the illusion is shattered and reality sets in.”

“Shattered?”

“Patrick there are things two people are going to have to come to grips with and get over.”

“What was yours?”

“Your father is a flirt and likes attention, but I come to see that he wants my approval when he does it. He likes it when I watch.”

“Did he cheat on you?”

“Never, he just likes to flirt.”

“What was father’s”

She grinned. “I farted.” They both laughed.

“So, that was it?” asked Patrick.

“Apparently that was all it took to knock him out of his fantasy. He didn’t believe females fart.”

“What did he do?”

“Well, he sat there with this surprised look on his face and I turned to him and said, “I had broccoli at lunch. Then he laughed. Then I laughed.”

“You both are weird.”

“Who’s weird,” said Raoul, entering the room. Kissing his wife first, then Patrick.

“Our son who dresses like a female superhero says we’re weird.”

“What’s wrong with being weird?” Raoul asked.

“I guess nothing,” Patrick said.

“Raoul, Patrick has to miss the party, he needs to go home to wait for Adam.”

“Does he?”

“It’s important father and I need your support.”

“And you have it. Go be with Adam.”

Patrick was stunned by his father’s response, but thrilled that maybe his father had come to like Adam and fully accept their relationship. Patrick hugged and kissed his parents and started to leave when he stopped and turned back to them.

“Oh, I have news. Adam bought us a house and we signed the papers today. I’ll have you both over when you get back. Bye,” he said, leaving his parents speechless.

***********

Patrick’s parents offered their driver to take him home. Patrick passed on it not to cause waves with Adam if he sees him using his family’s wealth.

While he waited to arrive, he thought over what his mother told him. True, he and Adam had flaws. Being dreadful in the kitchen was his and he wants to stop being such a catastrophe and a burden on Adam. He had mastered washing dishes, so the next thing must be cooking. He knew a little about shopping for groceries, but preparing a meal was still tricky.

Now that they had a house Patrick knew he had to step up more as a partner. When he moved into his condo by the docks, he only had to call people to handle decorating. He was involved with the style he wanted, but the actual labor he hired people.

“Adam wouldn’t refuse hiring movers. He had a business to run,” thought Patrick. “He wouldn’t take too much time off and I guess I can handle the decorating by myself.”

Patrick pulled out his cell and tried to call Adam to tell him where he’d be, but his call bumped to voicemail.

Not taking that as anything to worry about. Patrick text Adam his change in plans and said he will be at the apartment waiting for his return. After pressing send, Patrick felt more confident in his decision of going home.

The cab pulled up to the front of the building. Patrick climbed out and unlocked the front door for the driver to carry his bags inside. Who wouldn’t at first until Patrick told him how generous his tip would be.

Patrick locked the door behind him and walked to the elevator finding it locked. Adam never showed him how to unlock it. He looked at his bags and the stairs and knew he wasn’t going to carry them all by himself. He was done-in and only wanted a shower and a nap.

He climbed the three flights and went into Adam’s office through his reception, into his private office and staggered up the last flight of stairs to the apartment, leaving the door at the bottom of the stairs unlocked.

Seeing their bed Patrick only wanted to collapse onto it, but wanted a shower more. He shed his clothes and walked naked into the bathroom.

After exiting the shower wearing another of Adam’s tee shirts with nothing underneath Patrick was feeling recharged and hungry. When he went into the kitchen, he noticed his favorite mug with his brand of tea inside with a sticky note attached that read: “Have a cup of tea and think of me. Adam.” Patrick blushed, he grabbed his cell and texted Adam.

“Adam, how did you know I would come home?” He noticed he haven’t received a response from his last text. He turned on the burner to heat the water. Then checked the fridge, finding two eggs, and a frozen turkey, in the freezer.

He wasn’t in the mood to go out to eat, so he ordered a veggie pizza instead. He went to put on a pair of jeans to receive the delivery.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment and or like.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..