Jump to content
    Kia Zi Shiru
  • Author
  • 1,053 Words
  • 990 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Sheep Part 2 - 12. Chapter 12

I hear their footsteps come up the stairs. I haven't seen Vic since he went to the mental institution and I'm really exited to see him now. Vic is the first one to round the corner and as soon as he sees me his face falls. Oh, crap. He now walks up the stairs a bit slower.

As he reaches me he hugs me and then just hold me in his arms for a few seconds longer. “I had hoped you had also gotten better.” He lets go of me and walks into the apartment.

I hide my hurt with a scowl and want to follow him, but then Jack hugs me.

Don't be mad at him. He is just worried about you.”

But I have quit. I just can't seem to put the weight back on.” I sigh and hug Jack back.

He knows, we all know. Lets not dwell on this and just have an amazing party weekend, shall we? Tom deserves some celebration spirit.” Jack pushes me through the door.

That we don't have to worry about. Tom has been cooking all day. The guy really wants something special for dinner tonight and don't get me started on the cake. It's huge. If I don't gain weight this weekend I don't know what will.” I wink and Jack smiles back at me.

You have to eat something, Adam.” Vic pleads with me as he is finishing up his dinner.

I stare at my plate, the food doesn't do me anything. Nothing appeals to me these days. Suddenly I realise it has gone really quiet. Three pairs of eyes stare at me, waiting for me to take a bite of my pasta.

I can't eat if you keep staring at me like that.”

You won't eat either if we don't look at you.” Vic counters.

I just can't okay? I'm not hungry.” I push the plate away, the smell of the pasta bolognese suddenly no longer agreeing with me.

Of course you can do it. You just don't want to.” Vic thrusts the plate back to me. I snap and lean over the table towards him.

You mean just like you don't want to take your medicine sometimes? Or just like how you don't want to live sometimes?” I stare him deep into his eyes before I push myself off of the table and stomp into the bedroom.

Adam!” Tom yells after me. “That was uncalled for!”

Footsteps come towards the bedroom and I quickly lock the door. The footsteps halt at the same time the lock clicks and after a couple of seconds they retreat back into the living room.

I know it was uncalled for, but I just can't take his meddling no longer. Now he has come out of the hospital everybody around him suddenly needs to be normal and okay too. I'm not and I will never be. Oh, how much fun will dinner at the restaurant be tomorrow. I'm already dreading it.

 

Everybody is staring at me as I decide what main dish I want. In the end I go for a salad and everybody lets out a sigh. One problem averted. It's quiet until the waiter comes to get our order. He looks at our group questioningly when we all order fizzy drinks, apparently not sure what to make of four guys dressed to go party all night not ordering any alcohol. We smile at each other when he walks away.

Do people always look like that when you eat out?”Jack looks to each of us.

Mostly, yes. Especially after the third round of drinks. Then they will try to advise us what kind of wines would go well with our dishes.” I smile. “I don't think the three of us have ever drank any kind of alcohol together. I haven't been able to drink alcohol in years, medication and stuff. And before that Vic was too young to drink.” I wink at him but he averts his eyes. Oh well, it wasn't like I didn't know he drank before that. Just never around me.

Do you drink, Jack?” Tom looks at the guy who has now turned a nice shade of tomato. “I take that as a yes then.”

Vic smirks. “He can drink. Gets very horny too.”

Jack looks like he wants to hide under the table now. Tom and Vic laugh and I'm the only one who sees how the colour disappears from his face.

That was a mistake.” The whisper stops Tom and Vics laughing.

It was not that bad.” Vic tries to salvage the mood with a smile.

It wasn't? I thought I lost you that night. It scared the crap out of me how you freaked out.” Vic and Jack stare at each other until Vic looks away.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up.” Vic grabs Jacks hand and kisses the top.

I look at Tom who smiles at me. “Just relax, okay? We're gonna make an amazing night of it tonight. Don't worry.” He softly touches my face and smiles.

Are we going to that place we went to last time?” Vics eyes shine. “Oh, you haven't been there yet, have you?” He looks at jack, who shakes his head. “You'll love it. They have these huge boots at the side of the dance floor. And one wall is a podium where people can dance on.”

Where we almost couldn't get Vic off of at the end of the night.” I grin as Jacks eyes grow.

Not like you wanted to leave the dance floor.” Vic counters.

We all look at Tom, who holds up his hands. “I just stand at the side and watch them.”

Glad someone is like me. I do not like dancing, or the attention that can come with it. I also rather watch.” Jack pauzes. “That sounds wrong, doesn't it?”

We laugh, glad to be rid of the tension and finally getting in the mood for the party.

Vic stands up and nods towards the bathroom. “Be right back.”

As he walks away I decide that this might be my best shot at a private conversation with him before we can spin this all really out of control.

Me too.” I quickly stand and follow Vic.

2011 Kia Zi Shiru/Draigen
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sweet chapter. Now I'm more worried about Adam than VIc. Sounds like it's going to be a fun night but why do I have a bad feeling about it?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..