Jump to content
    Kia Zi Shiru
  • Author
  • 1,032 Words
  • 958 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Sheep Part 2 - 15. Chapter 15

We are watching tv when Jacks phone rings. He looks at the caller ID and mouths “Anne” at me.

I raise my eyebrows and nod that he should pick up as I turn the tv off.

“Hey Anne.” Jack answers unsure. “What! Slow down... Yes, I'm still at Adams place. He is right next to me... Yeah, okay.” Jack puts the phone on the table in front of us as he turns on the speaker.

“Vic is missing.” Annes voice is on edge. “We can't reach him and he is not at home or at anyone we can reach. Does one of you know where he is?”

“I thought he was at home when you called me last night.” I sit on the edge of the couch, wrecking my brain to remember the time she called last night. “Cause by the time you called he had left for at least three to four hours.”

“No, I called you right after he called me. He said he was waiting for the train. After that I haven't heard anything. It was late so I thought he would be back home by the time I woke up. But he isn't.” Tears sound in her voice as she speaks the last words.

“I got a text last night that he was on the train back home, but that was all.” Jack frowns. “Yeah, after that we kind of had our hands full here. I didn't even think about if he got home.”

“With what? What could be so distracting that you don't check if your boyfriend gets home safe?”

I interrupt before she can say more. “I had an attack last night after you called. Since Tom has his long shift today Jack has been looking after me. I'm such a fool for not checking.” I check my own phone but the only message I have is an apology from Liza that she is not home right now but will be in a couple of hours.

“I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm gonna try Jo again. Please call me if you know where he is, okay?”

“We will. Good luck.” Jack picks up the phone as we hear the line go dead.

“More problems.” Jack sighs and immediately tries to call Vic but it goes to voicemail after only a couple of rings. It was turned off.

I frown, I know when this used to happen but I dearly hope it is not the case this time.

“Adam?” Jack makes me look up at him. “You know something.”

“Dave used to have him turn off his phone when he was at his place. But...” I fall quiet, wrecking my brain for a different explanation and coming up empty. “But he should not be able to contact him.”

“Shouldn't? Or can't?”

“Shouldn't. It was part of the treatment last year. He had to break all means of contact with him.”

“But Dave still knew where he was. He came to visit the house, remember?” Jacks eyes darken.

“Yeah, that was not Vics fault. Some guy they both used to know gave him the address. He didn't know why the two had broken up or why Dave didn't have Vics address. So yeah, that was not his fault. Don't worry. He did not initiate that meet up.”

“But what if he is there now?”

“I don't know. There must be a better reason why he is not replying. Maybe he is staying over at someones place but he doesn't want anyone to know.” I hold Jacks hand. “There must be a better reason, but we're not thinking of it.”

Jack nods. “Of course. There must be.”

 

Help.The soft whisper is the only thing that greets me as I pick up my phone.

What is wrong? Where are you?Flashbacks of old times go through my mind, I pray that it is not happening again. But all the evidence points in that direction.

I'm at the front door, please open up. I'm cold. Please let me in.His whispers change into whimpers as he carefully exhales.

I'll be right there. Hang on.I quickly put on my shoes and walk out of the apartment down the stairs. From the last flight of stairs I see Vic sitting against the glass wall, hiding himself inside his coat, this is all way too familiar. He hears my footsteps and turns his head to me, a bruise around his eye is starting to turn black and his lip is split, a thin line of blood dried on his chin. Fuck... I sit down on the stairs and look at him as he looks back at me. His eyes begging, his lip shaking. I sigh deep and take out my phone again.

After tree dials Liza picks up. Before she can say anything I blabber,Please get down right now. I need you.and hang up. I stand up and open the door for Vic, all the while looking him in his eyes. How could he be this stupid? How could this happen again? How bad is it this time? Was it all starting again or is this really the last time? How many times would be the last time? Questions keep running through my head and I know I might never get a real answer to them.

Vic stands, eyes almost closed from pain and exhaustion, and walks to me. He leans his head on my shoulder waiting for my arms to wrap around him.

I turn my head away from his as I whisperI can't babe. You know I can't do this again.

His answer is a soft begging mewl.

But I keep my strong.I can't. I can't do this again. Liza will come and get you.

Please...He begs and tries to wrap his arms around me but I push back against the wall.

I hear footsteps and then Vic is being pried off of me.

Come, I'll get you patched up.Liza guides Vic away from me.

I drag myself up the stairs, back to the apartment and fall on the bed. How can this be happening? How could he be this stupid?

2011 Kia Zi Shiru/Draigen
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..