Jump to content
    Kia Zi Shiru
  • Author
  • 1,015 Words
  • 879 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Sheep Part 3 - 17. Chapter 17

Chapter 17

“I’m surprised he let us alone together.” Vic laughs as his dad leaves the house, giving us some privacy.
I smile. “Yeah, two people who can fall over and have a fit at any moment. Great people to leave alone together.” I sit on the side of Vic’s bed, pulling my legs under me as I lean back against the foot board. “So how have they been going lately?”
“Not too bad. They haven’t gotten more frequent, which I’m glad about. It’s just really annoying when they happen and honestly, daytime tv sucks.”
“Tell me about it. Hasn’t your dad gotten you a computer downstairs that you can use?”
Vic shakes his head, pouting. “He wants ‘quality time’ together. So I’m not allowed to use it downstairs.”
“What about your mum, is she not letting it?”
“I think she is still torturing me for not telling her sooner about how bad the illness had gotten.” I’m flashed a crooked smile and then he winks. “She is getting me a laptop today. They just didn’t want my whole computer in the living room.”
“Makes sense.” I look at Vic, even though he is really ill he seems fine, slightly tired but overall he doesn’t seem that different.
Vic stares into nothingness for a while, a distant look in his eyes. When it goes on too long I shake his leg, trying to get a reaction from him.
Vic blinks and focuses on me. “Sorry, I was thinking about something.”
“About what?” I speak the words softly, feeling that there is something important on his mind.
“We used to be such a great team back in the days.” Vic smiles but then his eyes instantly darken. “Before you left and stopped loving me.”
I gasp, the words like a fist in my stomach. “I never stopped loving you.” The words are no more than a whisper as tears form in my eyes.
“Then why did you leave me? Why did you leave me and fall in love with someone else? Do you have any idea about the pain I’ve gone through?” Vic looks confused. Did he really think like this? Does he really believe I have no idea about the pain? When I don’t answer Vic rolls onto his side and pulls the blanket over him.
I slide off the bed and start pacing through the room. I don’t know what to do. How to explain to him that I left him for his own good. That long distance would have never worked for us. That I really have never stopped loving him, no matter what he thinks.
I step forward and pull Vic’s shoulder. “I rea-” The tears on Vic’s face stop me dead in my tracks.
I lean over and our lips connect. Vic’s eyes widen in surprise before they close and he snakes his fingers in my hair. I close my eyes and pull him close. I don’t ever remember his lips being this rough, they used to be soft, soft and tender. Our breath quickens and we let out a soft moan at the same time. His tongue attacks my mouth and I let him in willingly. Oh how good this feels.
Vic slides one of his hands to my face and I realise we’re sharing more than a kiss. Our cheeks are wet with tears and our lips let go.
We look at each other, cheeks wet, eyes still filling with tears and our lips a dark red.
I sit down on the bed, my hands in my lap as I focus my eyes on my fingers. “I never stopped loving you. I still love you. But I felt that we needed to grow. I felt we needed to explore the world, and even though it hurt us both a lot I think it was for the best. Without it I would have never met Tom and you would-”
“I would have never met Dave, yeah that was great.” Vic’s voice is bitter.
I turn around, putting a finger to his kissed lips. “You would never have met Jack. I think he is the best thing that could ever happen to you, even better than me.” I smile. “I’ve always loved you, and will always love you. Never forget that.”
Vic hangs his head, tears falling onto his blanket. “I’m sorry for ever doubting you.”
I pull him close. “It’s okay now. Just, never forget again. Okay?”
“I promise. I promise I won’t forget again. I love you.”
“I know you do. I love you too. Now, get some sleep. You look tired. I’ll be here when you wake up.” I lie down and Vic curls up against me. It doesn’t take more than a few minutes before he is vast asleep.

I was there when he woke up. Not because he woke up on his own but because I had to wake him. The hospital called and they had a donor for me. I had to get there immediately. This was faster than anyone expected and we didn’t have everything ready yet. But as I called Tom to take care of everything back home I softly woke Vic up.
He looked surprised to see me there, but then he seemed to really wake up and he smiled brightly. He was so happy for me, but at the same time I saw a sadness in his eyes, sadness and guilt.
I knew I was the lucky one. I was the one that could get better by getting this operation, he had no such luck.
I hugged him a lot, afraid to leave him behind, afraid of losing him.
Vic’s dad dropped me off at the station to get home. At the station we said our goodbyes and it pained me to leave Vic alone. A boy and his father, alone on the station as people hastened all around them.
But I knew I had to. I knew I had to get the operation to get better and actually live again. I had to do it for Vic.

Copyright © 2012 Kia Zi Shiru; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..