Jump to content
    Kiltie69
  • Author
  • 5,540 Words
  • 2,529 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Wedding - 1. Chapter 1

There are people in this chapter that are recognizable from the site permission was given for them to appear in this fiction.

The Wedding

 

Being the best man, I was seated at the bride’s table and Betty, Ashley’s mum, sat beside me, and one of the two bridesmaids, a lovely Indian girl called Tara. The other bridesmaid, also an Indian lass called Frosty, was on the other side, seated next to Peter, the groom’s younger brother. Both were dressed in an elegant green dress, made of a lustrous silk that celebrated the thirties. Ashley wore a sea-blue, silk, wedding dress while the groom’s party wore Highland attire with leather waistcoats over black ghillie shirts, and kilts in the Pride of Scotland Tartan, blue, green and purple, with a white line down the middle.

 

We took our places the moment the Maître d’ called everyone to order, and introduced the groom. Ashley wanted the speeches completed before the meal, as was more common. The speeches ran for almost 30 minutes, including my own, which told a few humorous stories about the groom and thanked and complimented the bridesmaids, for their help; they had travelled so far to attend the wedding and they sparkled in their dresses.

 

I took my seat once the final round of toasting was complete and waited for the food to be served. I scanned the guests, noting many people I knew, being Gordon’s best friend of some 25 years. I knew many of Ashley’s friends and family. I had been invited to various events over the three years of their engagement. I nodded at those that I knew when we made eye contact.

 

I looked around and noticed a number of cute guys, mostly in kilts, but there were one or two in suits as well. I’m 34 and still a hot blooded Scotsman. Two men in particular caught my attention, the first, in a dark blue black suit, with cropped, dirty- blond hair and a well-built body around 6 feet tall, give or take. The other was about 5’10 tall with a rugby build, his head was shaved bald, and he wore a kilt and ghillie shirt. From what I could see he had a hairy chest, and things stirred as I realized his eyes were a piercing blue- green.

 

And they were staring directly at me.

 

I blushed, and quickly looked away. Ashley's mother saved me at this point by complimenting me on my speech and my attention was diverted till the first course arrived. For the next 2 hours we ate and chatted, I spent some time talking to Tara. She lived in Hyderabad and had enjoyed her time at Uni over here. She loathed the cold weather. She and Frosty had looked forward to the experience of a Scottish wedding. We ate and chatted and drank a little wine and all too soon it was over.

 

The Maître De came in and announced that we were to move outside into the gardens of the hotel, where a display of Falconry was to be held while the function room was prepared for the Ceilidh. Not only was I best man but also escort to the Bridesmaids. It was funny; a mid-thirties cuddly man walking between two attractive young ladies in green silk dresses that took on a blue lustre and shimmied in a graceful, swaying motion. Some guests, myself included, took this chance to nip to their rooms to freshen. I made my apologies to Tara and Frosty, leaving them in the hands of Peter, the groom’s younger brother.

 

On the way to my room I happened on a group of guests, mostly men, and one of them, Marcus, whom I knew as a good friend of the bride, stopped me. “Donald, you got a minute? I’d like you to meet someone?”

 

I moved toward the group and realized that the person I was to be introduced to was the gentleman in the dark suit.

 

“Donald, this is JR, a family friend over from the States.”

 

I held out my hand to him and he took it with a grip that was; dry and warm.

 

“Nice to meet you JR, I’m Donald.”

 

He smiled, and in a strong American accent said. “Howdy, Donald, nice to meet you.”

 

His eyes were a lighter blue/grey, than mine. His smile was genuine. I love accents, all types, and was taken aback. In the time it took me to gather my thoughts, a younger man joined us and put his arm about JR's waist.

 

“Hello.” He had an accent similar to JR's, but slightly softer. They made a fantastic couple.

 

I extended my hand to shake his; again a firm grasp.

 

My senses returned, so to speak, and remembered where I was headed in the first place, and promised to talk to them on my return from the toilet.

 

Little did I know that destiny and I had a date.

 

On my return to the bar, I got the shock of my life when I bumped into the bald headed man I had noticed earlier. We bounced off each other with some force you can imagine, and it was only when I had recovered that I realized who it was I had walked into. Never in my life have I blushed scarlet like I did then, and stuttered an apology, making matters worse.

 

His only reaction was to remain standing with a broad smile. “You’re real cute when you blush, Donald.”

 

My first thought was; how did he know my name? My next, god his voice is divine. A deep baritone. A friendly, warm smile that could have melted ice. His eyes were not only blue, but they sparkled like a blue lagoon. I was still blushing, more so, with the comment he just made. I must have stood out like a fish out of water, mouth opening and closing, unable to form coherent words. He smiled and walked around me, then headed into the gents toilet.

 

The door closed and I sagged against the wall, gathering my scrambled thoughts. A short respite, for when the moment was over, I headed to the bar where I was met by the groom’s father who had bought me a pint.

 

“Loved the speech Doe, but you went too easy on him.” He pointed to his son, the groom and placed his arm round me. “So when are you gonna tie the knot? You still not found the right boy? Maybe we need to take you out in Glasgow again.”

 

I smiled half-heartedly. The last time we had gone out, it ended with me chatting up this very attractive older policeman. Not a memory I wanted, so to stop him I took a long drink of my cider, and noticed, over my glass, that the bald, handsome stranger stood beside one of Gordon’s aunts, a lady called Patricia. Gordon Snr noticed. “So , you’ve noticed Calum. That’s Tricia’s boy, just back from a job on the rigs.”

 

I had a name and also a good idea how he knew mine. Patricia was a fantastically funny woman, and those nights out over the years I had a good laugh. Why I had never come in contact with this stud of a man? I was blushing, Gordon Snr knew me way too well. He called over to Tricia, his sister.

 

“Hi, sis, what did you think of the speeches? I saw you wiping your eyes a few times."

 

"They were fantastic, loved yours,” Turning to me she smiled, "and you young man, should be ashamed, embarrassing my nephew like that. I loved every minute of it. Donald, your speech was perfect. So do I get a dance later? I hear you are good." I blushed again. I’m not bad at dancing; let me loose at a ceilidh and I become Rudolph Nureyev, all cuddly but man, he could move.

 

I smiled. "Tricia, you were on my card as soon as I was made best man."

 

Gordon Snr laughed. "Trish you could partner Donald for the dashing White Sergeant. Maybe Calum could make up the set."

 

My colour returned instantly, this time both of them noticed. I buried my face in my pint, praying to be left alone, or rescued. I lifted my head and noticed Marcus and the two young Americans, and I remembered my promise to talk to them. I excused myself from the company and moved along the bar.

 

"Marcus, JR and I are sorry but I didn't get your name." We shook hands and the younger American smiled. " Artan" (r-tan).

 

I remembered from what little Gaelic I was taught at school. His name meant Stone.

 

"Nice to meet you Artan, so what are you guys drinking? My round."

 

Marcus refused, JR opted for a beer and Artan wanted to try a Crabbie's, a refreshing alcoholic ginger beer or wine. They were a couple from the Midwest and we chatted about the States for ten minutes and two rounds in, when the Maître d’ appeared.

 

"Ladies and gentleman, the wedding party is assembling to welcome their guest to the ceilidh. Please proceed to the main hall."

 

"Damned! I better move, nice talking to you both. Hope we catch up later. Enjoy your evening." I rushed past the guests as they made their way into the foyer and Gordon laughed at me as I hurried past.

 

"Did our American friends distract you, Donald?"

 

I shook my head and saluted him twice. There was general laughing from the rest of the party. Standing in line, between Ashley's mum and the bridesmaids, I met the guests one after the other and introduced myself and the bridesmaids. I knew many of them, although some were strangers. JR and Artan walked by, and Aunt Tricia hugged Gordon and Ashley. Behind them; Calum. I could feel the blush so much so I missed an introduction. Seconds later Tricia hugged me and I introduced them to Tara and Frosty. Next up, it was Calum. He smiled. My mind went blank. I reached out my hand to shake his, and his grip was strong, firm, warm, dry and something else, something electric. I stammered and felt him squeeze reassuringly. I introduced him to the bridesmaids and as he passed I caught a whiff of his musky scent, with a hint of sweet cologne.

 

Thank god for sporrans is all I can say.

 

The line-up was soon over and, with the bride and groom leading the way; I took Tara on my arm, followed by Peter and Frosty. We headed across the dance floor to the top table, where we took our seats.

 

The Maître d’ announced that the dancing was to start and handed the evening over to the band. The band leader; a bear of a man with a set of pipes under his arm, asked the bride and groom to rise and make there way to the centre of the floor. After a short speech, he sang, Amazed, by Lonestar. What a voice! Our happy couple danced and cameras flashed all around. The song came to an end and this was my queue to take Tara up to dance. Young Peter partnered Frosty. We stepped onto the dance floor just as the singer sang Chasing Cars by Snow patrol. Tara and I waltzed around the floor, and soon we were joined by the parents and other family members. By the third song the floor was packed.

 

The third song ended and the floor cleared to much applause. I escorted Tara to her seat thanking her. The next few songs were waltzes and I danced with Frosty, Betty and finally Martha. I enjoyed slow dances, but looked forward to letting go.

 

I heard the pipes tuning and the fiddle player stepped up to the microphone.

 

"Ladies and Gentleman, please take your partners for the Gay Gordons. I was moving before he finished, I had planned to dance with Tara, and Frosty.

 

Tara looked at me a little worried. "I don't know this one, Donald."

 

I smiled and said there would be a demonstration provided by the bride and groom. The music filled the room and the fiddler called out the step.

 

"…And forward 2,3,4, turn and backwards 2,3,4. Forward, 2,3,4, backwards 2,3,4. Turn under turn under turn under turn under and polka polka polka polka. Resume."

 

They repeated it 4 times so everyone knew what to do. I clasped Tara’s hands and with my right hand across her shoulder and with her right hand she crossed my left shoulder, my hands crossing my chest to hold her left side. Once everyone had formed a giant circle the fiddler counted us in to the music.

 

"…And one two three…"

 

Tara, guided by me, picked the dance up quickly; we did the polka energetically, picking up the hand-hold without error. My kilt flew up as we spun. On one pass I noticed first JR, and Artan watching the kilts as they rose and fell. Calum watched too, but he wasn't watching kilts, he was watching me.

 

I blushed again, stumbled and lost my place.

 

"Sorry, Tara." All I could say. We managed to catch up but soon it was over.

 

Tara was smiling and breathing rapidly and I thanked her as I escorted her to her seat.

 

"Thanks Tom, that was fantastic," she turned to Frosty for a quick chat.

 

***

 

I headed to the bar for a coke where I found Calum. He smiled and inched his way along the bar towards me.

 

Finally, he spoke. “Donald, how are you doing? You don't know me, I'm Calum." He held out his hand.

 

"Nice to meet you, Calum." I took his hand and blushed again; god what was wrong with me?

 

"Mum, told me all about you and I’d like to know more. So, are you single?"

 

I almost sprayed him with coke. I had just taken a sip, when this was asked. He laughed. "Mum was right about you. You embarrass easily, sorry, I think it's sweet that you do. What do you do?"

 

We talked about my life for a few minutes and I found out about him; single and recently finished working on the rigs. He had found a job in my home town.

 

I heard the announcement for the Dashing White sergeant and Tricia headed our way. "Right, you two, I want to dance." She grabbed both her son and myself by the arms, and dragged us to the dance floor where we stood in our three, waiting for another three to join our set. In the end Tara, Frosty and JR joined us.

 

Tara smiled. "I remember this from the Uni dances"

 

Calum and I couldn’t take our gaze away from each other as our partners readied themselves for the dance.

 

The music struck, we bowed, and away we went. The dancing actually gave me a chance to watch him. With another dance over, Tricia kissed my cheek and thanked mesa’s she leaned in, I heard. "Thank you, Donald. You’re good. He likes you by the way. Talk to him. He needs a friend," she stepped back, washing me with her smiling eyes.

 

I shot a questioning look at her and then at Calum, who was talking to Frosty at this point. What had she meant? I headed over to join them, and soon Tara was also there. We spoke about how they knew Ashley and how well they were enjoying the evening. As the conversation continued, I noticed Calum glancing in my direction, more often than what the conversation required.

 

The ladies excused themselves and wandered off, leaving the two of us together. I complimented his dancing and immediately thought that was a lame thing to do. To my surprise he replied by saying I was way better and offered me a drink. My throat parched the second he spoke to me, I asked for a Crabbie's, and moved towards the bar with him.

 

"Thanks for dancing with mum,’ he said, handing me my drink. ‘She can be embarrassing on a night out, but she loves to dance." I smiled, still wondering about what his mum had said.

 

I decided to pry a bit. "Calum, your uncle said you just left the rigs for a job nearby. What are you gonna do?"

 

"Oh, I got a job at Goodrich Aerospace, working Aircraft repair, and start a week Monday. Would have started sooner, but I needed some time to organise. Staying with mum till I sort some things out. It's not the best situation, but works, as long as I have my privacy."

 

"That's something I'm glad of," I said. "Love having my own place. I’ve been sharing with my brother since our mum died. It was okay but bringing a date home is awkward."

 

He nodded agreement, "Yeh, I know what you mean. On the rigs there weren't many places you could be yourself in. Now I'm back, mum is fussing over me all the time. I need space. I need a place of my own."

 

"Bet once you do, it won't be empty long…" I stopped, realising what I had said.

 

He laughed. "I hope not"

 

We spoke for some time, watching the ebb and flow of the dancing and the preparation of the buffet, when we noticed the young Americans sitting in the corner of the bar. JR held Artan's hands as he spoke to him. We couldn't hear what was being said, but Artan's face was full of joy. All of a sudden, JR got off his chair and down on one knee. There were tears on Artan's face. A nod. A hug. And some very passionate kissing.

 

"He obviously said yes. My god, they look so good together. Maybe one day I'll experience that sort of love."

 

I turned to look at him, it had been said in such a way it could and be interpreted on different levels. I secretly choose my own. I was still contemplating his comment when JR and Artan approached.

 

"He said yes, my god he said yes." He held onto Artan's waist. They made a great couple.

 

"Congratulations to you both, I think a drink is in order." I ordered three 15 y/o single Islay Malt Whiskies and one vodka, whisky makes me ill.

 

I handed them each a glass. “To JR and Artan, may your lives be full off joy and happiness. May they be long and fruitful. Sláinthe."

 

We clinked glasses and drank.

 

JR thanked me with a hug then Artan, and moved off to find Marcus.

 

"I'm so jealous of them." Calum said.

 

I turned to him with a look of surprise on my face.

 

"Pardon?"

 

"I said I'm jealous. I wish I was in their shoes."

 

"Give it some time, Calum. I'm sure once the girls know you’re in town, they will be queuing up." I secretly wished for it to be different but knew it could never be.

 

He laughed. "Yeh, they will be knocking my door down, but what if that is not what I want. Maybe I want something else." His stare was intense, boring into my soul.

 

I was rooted to the spot, my mind running in overdrive. What did he mean? Why did his mum say what she said?

 

He likes you by the way... kept replaying in my head. I glanced at him and he smiled and suddenly it was like a light, a dawning.

 

Christ on a bike, he LIKED me, not in a friend way, but in a I-want-to-spend-time-with-you, way.

 

I blushed again. He continued glaring and smiling, It seemed obvious to him that I knew what he wanted.

 

"Calum, why are you staring at me like that?"

 

He laughed, "do I make you uncomfortable? You keep blushing and I think it makes you look real cute. My mum says you’re a fantastic guy. I think you’re a great guy. Special." Now, he blushed.

 

Was he trying to say what I thought he was saying?

 

"Donald, I’ve been watching you since you stood at the altar with Gordon. You were so handsome there and I knew I wanted to know more about you. Mum told me a lot. I know we have similar likes. Things like Sci fi, cooking, hockey, men......"

 

My head snapped towards him and I glared. "Did you say men?"

 

"Yes, I did. Didn't you know I was gay? It’s one of the reasons I left the rigs."

 

I looked at him open mouthed, this had to be a windup! I was going to kill Tricia and her brother, this was exactly their style.

 

As if by magic she appeared. "This looks intense. You boys ok?"

 

"Yeh, mum, I was just telling Donald why I came home." Tricia glanced at Calum then spoke to me.

 

"Donald, you look a little shell shocked. Are you ok? Should I get you something? A drink, a seat, how about a boyfriend?"

 

"Mum, leave him be. Donald, are you ok? My mother is trying to get me to ask you to go out with me, will you?"

 

I was stunned to say the least, I moved to the bar and sat on a stool; not too steady. Calum’s face expressed concern; even Tricia looked a little worried. He offered me a glass of water. "Did I shock you?"

 

I trembled. “You surprised me. I thought you were straight, and then you ask me out."

 

I turned to Tricia. “I sense your conniving in this."

 

Her foxy smile admitted guilt. Calum put his hand on my shoulder to get my attention and I turned to look him in the eyes. There was genuine concern in them.

 

"I'm ok Calum. I can't believe such a hot guy like yourself would want me. I can't believe it."

 

Both Calum and Tricia smiled at me; she looked at her son then at me. "Donald, you are beautiful, both inside and out. I'd be so happy having you as a son-in-law."

 

I blushed and headed off, "I'm going to check the buffet, want me to bring you anything?"

 

The bar was busy while the band took a break, so I got a round and moved to a table on the side. Calum followed and sat beside me and sipped his whisky. ‘Sorry about mum. I asked her who you were, and got your history, and I told her how nice you were. She’s constantly trying to set me up with people, more so now I'm out. I like you a lot and honestly would like to go on a date with you." He paused and leaned a little closer.

 

"Would you like to go out on a date? I like you a lot. Maybe we could count the rest of this evening as a date," he laughed.

 

"I'd like that." I said.

 

Tricia returned with two plates of food. "I though you may need a lot, so I brought a bit of everything."

 

We both laughed at the plates that had been stacked high with items from the buffet, there were mini rolls with bacon and sausage, pies and savoury faire.

 

"Some spread they laid on, they’re even serving curry in little bowls if you want it." Tricia added, having seen us look wide-eyed at the plates.

 

The three of us sampled from the plates; Calum and I looking and smiling at each other, all through the announcement that the band was about to start again. We returned and found a table near the dance floor. Marcus, the two young Americans, Tara, Frosty and Peter, joined us at their leisure. JR and Artan leaned into each other, held waists and held hands, smiles splitting their faces.

 

The band announced the next song as Drops of Brandy. My favourite Scottish dance of all time; energetic, and fun. I saw Ashley had removed a layer of skirts, and her dress seemed better suited to dancing. I asked her to dance and she readily agreed. We stepped onto the dance floor and joined the growing number of couples forming sets. The band leader explained the dance. The set that Ashley and I were in was picked to give an example. We walked through the dance and I couldn’t go without noticing that Tara and Frosty were intently watching, but suddenly grabbed the two American boys to dance.

 

Ashley and I laughed as they herded the lad's to their places. Within moments we were whirling and spinning, parading and generally making merry. The set we were in were experienced dancers; things went smoothly. We could hear the laughter coming from other groups as people got confused or missed something. Surprisingly, our visitors did very well; they picked up the dance quickly and whooped along with the rest of us as we danced.

 

After an eternity, it seemed, the music stopped and the band announced they would play a few slow numbers to allow heart rates to return to normal. Usually I would slip off somewhere and sit quietly. Tonight it wasn't to be. As I beelined for the exit, Aunt Tricia intercepted me.

 

"Come on you! We're dancing." She spun me around and dragged me to the dance floor. We talked as we danced, the usual wedding talk when suddenly, she said. "Calum really likes you, Donald. I hope you know that and give it a go."

 

Now I know Tricia, she calls a spade a spade. I knew she didn't mean bad by this. I liked him, and yes I want him. The music changed to Snow Patrols Run, we continued to dance but I noticed Calum moving through the crowd. He tapped my shoulder and asked to cut in. His mother smiled and stepped away, leaving him to take me in his arms. The band leader sang:

 

"…And I can barely look at you, but every single time I do…"

 

Here I was, on the dance floor at my best friend’s wedding, dancing with the most handsome man - well in my book anyway - that I have ever set eyes on.

 

"…I know we'll make it anywhere, away from here…"

 

I was adrift in a dream world. I leaned into Calum. My head rested in the grove of his collarbone. His smell reassured me: I was safe. I was where I was meant to be.

 

The song faded and I became aware of our surroundings. We had drifted to the edge of the dance floor, and just as quickly left it. I wanted to be with him, and only him. An hour of dancing remained and I had one more duty to perform as best man; I would need to be back before the end. I took Calum by the hand, and hurriedly led him out of the hall. Heading to a set off stairs, I ran up dragging him behind me. I headed to my room, and fumbled for the key. As soon as the door closed behind us, I turned to face him.

 

He lips turned up, his eyes were ablaze. I could feel the heat rise in my body, I moved forward and took his face in my hands pulled him to me, and kissed him hard. He responded by drawing me closer and we kissed for some time. Suddenly, he pulled away.

 

"Wow! Now that was worth coming up here for." I moved deeper into the room and sat on the bed.

 

"I needed you on your own. When we were dancing I got this urge to be alone, with you, away from the crowd."

 

He leaned forward to kiss me. I could feel the electricity pass between us. Time passed quickly as we kissed and groaned and mumbled. Soon, I needed to be back at the dance, and gradually became aware or my surroundings.

 

The first thing that we heard was a knocking on the wall, it was fast and regular. Then cries and groans could be made out. I was not sure who my neighbours were but I knew they were part of the wedding party. Calum and I tried not to laugh. A cry of: "Oh! God," signaled the climax of our neighbour’s fun. We howled with laughter, knowing if we could hear them, they surely heard us.

 

We kissed again and straightened ourselves out in readiness for our return to the dancing. We continued kissing as we left the room, and as we walked down the corridor to the stairs. As we reached the steps, our young American neighbours left their room looking a tad disheveled, and happy, Calum and I smiled at one another and continued on.

 

We reached the dance hall just as the band announced the last ceilidh dance. I was to dance with Gordon's mum for this one. So after finding a seat again I left Calum and found Martha and escorted her to the floor. We danced another round of the Gay Gordons. I noticed Calum was with his mum and the bridesmaids had partnered the two Americans, the floor was busy. We danced, bumping occasionally into Calum, or Tara or Frosty or any one of 40 to 50 couples on the dance floor, and we were tired out when the music wound down.

 

It had been arranged before the last dance and when the music stopped, I thanked Martha and headed to the stage.

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen our night is drawing to a close so I'd like to invite the happy couple, Mr and Mrs. Ferguson, to take the centre of the floor. They choose a last dance which we would like to play now. Once the song is over the band will play two more tunes for those that wish to join them in a final dance. I wish them, as I am sure you do too, all the best in their future."

 

The band played a Brian Adams song, Everything I do I do for you, and I left the stage to stand next to Calum. Our hands met and intertwined and I moved closer to him. He released my hand and slipped it round my waist. I noticed JR standing behind Artan, his hand around him, his chin on his shoulder. Then I spotted Tara, she was standing with a tall gentleman, smiling up at him. Frosty stood with Peter, Gordons' brother. Everyone looked happy, if not a little tired. The happy couple spun round the floor as the song faded into the next. I pulled Calum up and quickly joined them on the floor, Ashley gave me thumbs up, and Gordon winked at me.

 

Surrounded by couples swaying intimately, the second song melted into a third and then faded out, leaving me in an embrace I didn't want to end. The band leader told everyone to stand in a circle and we sang, For They Are Jolly Good Fellows, Runrigs Loch Lomond and Auld Lang Syne. I held Calum's hand on one side, and Tara's on the other.

 

The band said goodbye, the guests departed, saying goodbye to friends and family, and finally it was the turn of the bride and groom. I, along with a few others who had travelled, had a room in the hotel, so I moved to a table and was soon joined by Calum, his mum, Tara and Frosty, Marcus, our two American visitors, Peter, Gordon and Ashley's parents and in-laws. One last drink toasted the happy couple, and the end of the night. We said good night to the newly married couple and agreed to see each other at breakfast.

 

***

 

I was in need of sleep after my day and also ecstatic for meeting Calum, I said my good nights, hugging and kissing my way round the group, then headed to bed, followed by JR and Artan.

 

"Hey, guys. Congratulations on your engagement.” I called out to them. “ Enjoy your night. Oh, and keep the noise down." I joked, and they blushed. "See you at breakfast."

 

I closed my door, sat on the bed and thought about the day. I pulled out my pad and downloaded the photos I had taken and stripped out of my kilt outfit. As I dropped the kilt there was a quiet knock on the door.

 

I looked thru the peephole to see Calum standing there, and my heart quickened. I opened the door wearing only my ghillie shirt, invited him in, and within minutes we were both naked and in bed.

 

 

Sleep

 

came eventually.

I would like to thank Louis for all his help in getting this story sorted out and posted. Salt of the earth.
Copyright © 2012 Kiltie69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow. I can feel the sparks fly and the chemistry fizz. You form very realistic characters. I can 'see' JR and Artan and feel so happy for them. And all the others too. An interesting biopic and an entertaining read. Ahh the ceilidh; I haven't been to one of them for years. I used to love the Gay Gordons.

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 06:18 PM, Nephylim said:
Wow. I can feel the sparks fly and the chemistry fizz. You form very realistic characters. I can 'see' JR and Artan and feel so happy for them. And all the others too. An interesting biopic and an entertaining read. Ahh the ceilidh; I haven't been to one of them for years. I used to love the Gay Gordons.
Nephy thanks, I wanted to see how this would work out and I'm happy thanks to the direction of Louis. If we ever meet, which I hope we do, I'll take you a spin round the dance floor. Thanks again.

 

Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 01:47 AM, Daddydavek said:
I like a good story about regular sorts with a happy ending. Check, Check, Check!

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Daddy Davek, the breakfast is still to come. Just wait. Will we find out more about Calum,? What happened to keep them from sleep? So many questions to possibly be answered.
Link to comment

Not having ever been to a "real" Scottish wedding, that was a treat! I enjoyed this opening chapter immensely. I'm wondering if Donald and Calum will even make it to breakfast. thumbsup.gif

Calum on the oil riggs sounds like a story in itself as well. Hoping there will be some of that....please! blush1.gif

Link to comment

OMG! That was an awesome ride of the Scottish Wedding. I felt like I was there. I even felt beautiful for once. I think I picked up a few steps too. :P The Gay Gordons seems exciting, Tom. Thank you for featuring Frosty and me in your story.

And Jr and Artan (Stone) seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot too. :P

Waiting to see if Calum and Donald make it to the breakfast. :D

A wonderful read, Tom. Thanks.

Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 03:02 AM, Conner said:
Not having ever been to a "real" Scottish wedding, that was a treat! I enjoyed this opening chapter immensely. I'm wondering if Donald and Calum will even make it to breakfast. thumbsup.gif

Calum on the oil riggs sounds like a story in itself as well. Hoping there will be some of that....please! blush1.gif

Thank you for your kind words, Conner, I took your advice and found an editor. Lol

Part two is going to cover the night to some extent and then at the breakfast. I might even add a bit on the rigs now, thanks for that idea. Hope the second chapter is as accepted.

Link to comment
On 10/14/2011 09:51 PM, Tara00 said:
OMG! That was an awesome ride of the Scottish Wedding. I felt like I was there. I even felt beautiful for once. I think I picked up a few steps too. :P The Gay Gordons seems exciting, Tom. Thank you for featuring Frosty and me in your story.

And Jr and Artan (Stone) seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot too. :P

Waiting to see if Calum and Donald make it to the breakfast. :D

A wonderful read, Tom. Thanks.

Tara, you are welcome, and I'm glad you enjoys it, we will find out what how much sleep Donald and Calum got in part Two. You are more than welcome, I enjoyed writing you into the story you still have the breakfast.

 

Link to comment

oooh! beautiful! ^_^ thanks for leaving me in the arms of a pretty Peter. lol.

No but really, thanks for taking us on this really vivid Scottish wedding. Loved the visuals.

Cant wait to see what the morning brings. ^_^ Calum and Donald.. hmmm... waiting for more, more, more! :D

:hug:

Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 10:59 AM, Frostina said:
oooh! beautiful! ^_^ thanks for leaving me in the arms of a pretty Peter. lol.

No but really, thanks for taking us on this really vivid Scottish wedding. Loved the visuals.

Cant wait to see what the morning brings. ^_^ Calum and Donald.. hmmm... waiting for more, more, more! :D

:hug:

Frosty its been a blast. Glad you enjoyed it. part two should be fun, you make an appearance as do all the other main characters. As for Donald and Calum we will just have to wait.
Link to comment

This was a treat! I have no clue about traditional scottish weddings, but getting a little peak here was great! I need you to tell me what a ceilidh is though, hehe.

Cant wait to find out what the next day has in store for Calum and Donald, can definately feel the chemistry between those two already. And of course I'm wondering what exactly kept them from sleeping! :P

 

*cheers* Good job Tom, very nice story! :)

Link to comment
On 10/16/2011 12:01 AM, Sympathia said:
This was a treat! I have no clue about traditional scottish weddings, but getting a little peak here was great! I need you to tell me what a ceilidh is though, hehe.

Cant wait to find out what the next day has in store for Calum and Donald, can definately feel the chemistry between those two already. And of course I'm wondering what exactly kept them from sleeping! :P

 

*cheers* Good job Tom, very nice story! :)

well what writing what kept our two lovebirds fro sleeping is have that affect on me..lol thanks Sym for the review.

 

as for a ceilidh, its a dance party, lots of pises and fiddles. you come visit ill take you to one.

Link to comment
On 10/18/2011 09:13 AM, BellaMuerte said:
aww that was so cute. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Bella thank you. its been funwriting this one. part two is in writing and im getting it editied as I go. lol
Link to comment
On 10/23/2011 05:18 PM, Menace said:
really beautiful! Can't describe it :P I just :wub: it!
Thank you Dennis. that means a lot to me.
Link to comment
On 10/23/2011 05:18 PM, Menace said:
really beautiful! Can't describe it :P I just :wub: it!
Thank you Dennis. that means a lot to me.
Link to comment
On 10/17/2011 at 6:13 PM, BellaMuerte said:

aww that was so cute. I can't wait to see what happens next!

why do people stand and stay where they are being made fun of and others trying to set you up?  Does no one have nerve to leave?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..