Jump to content
    Kitt
  • Author
  • 56 Words
  • 1,085 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2013 - Fall - Pandora's Box Entry

A Fine Can of Worms - 1. Chapter 1

A Fine Can of Worms

 

 

Pandora’s Box

Once opened cannot be shut

Causing cascading failure

Out of control

 

An Idea

Growing wings and feet

Running ahead of you

Out of control

 

Emotions

Feeding upon themselves

Building a life of their own

Out of control

 

A fine can of worms.

Copyright © 2013 Kitt; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2013 - Fall - Pandora's Box Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was an inspired idea, combining two similar expressions together for a poem. It made me remember that some scholars believe Pandora's Box was actually originally a jar. It also reminded me of a time when my stepfather took me fishing and I dropped the can of live worms and they wriggled and jiggled all around and it was a right pain to get them back in. Your lively imagery is so vivid it brings back memories!

 

The poem's structure is unusual, but I think it works very well for it and the "less is more" approach you take is apt and well-done. I especially like the thought of emotions being their own living organisms that operate independently -- sometimes that's exactly what the can of worms or Pandora's Box is, out of control emotions. The evils escaping from the box like worms running away in the mud is a powerful and memorable image, thanks for writing it for us to see!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Short, sweet, and delivers the message. Good job Kit. I love your explanation of what happens when your curiosity gets the best of you, and the box is open. No going back! Loved it! :great:

Link to comment

See Kitt, you were worried for nothing. It was a deceptively sweet poem. Once released it can't be contained again. Nicely done. :)

Link to comment

I like it, it is short sweet and quite noticeable. Just write what you feel is usually my advice. looks like you didn't need it!

 

LOVED IT!

Link to comment
On 09/19/2013 01:26 AM, Andy78 said:
As many here know I don't really get poetry, but I liked it.
Hope no one minds - but this is one huge thank you to all who read my poem. And don't feel bad andy- i don't really get poetry either - I just wrote down what that damn little voice kept whispering to shut him up!
Link to comment
Guest Arazon

Posted (edited)

.

Edited by Arazon
Link to comment
On 09/24/2013 04:46 AM, Thorn Wilde said:
Really loved the form of this poem. Well chosen words, too. Well done! :)

Thank you! I had forgotten I had ever published this and to see a new review was a pleasant surprise.

Link to comment
On 07/07/2016 12:57 AM, Arazon said:

A fine piece of work, I reckon - it was easy to follow, good visual with the ‘idea running away’ and the build of emotions. Sure captured ‘Pandora’s box’ to me!

Oops, the reply meant for you ended up under Thorn! Thanks again.

 

Thorn, this one is for you!

 

Thank you! I took great care with my choice of words for this one. I am not really into poetry, and was convinced I would screw it up. We should also thank Wings for pushing me to publish it. I just wrote it down to shut that little voice up!

Link to comment

Not bad, Sis. Even though poems rarely do anything for me, I lik d this one. There's a terse mess to it I enjoyed. No wasted words.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks Bro. I dont write often,  just when that damnable little voice starts nagging me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

I liked this poem very much. So much was packed into so few words. 

Thanks Parker. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..