Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 4,969 Words
  • 6,576 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Best Year - 8. Chapter 8

The ride back home was nearly silent. The only sound coming from the radio, kept low for any talking that we would do. I glanced over at Luke every so often, thinking that he would say something eventually. Him being quiet wasn’t like him at all, from what I knew of him anyway. I hadn’t ever really liked quiet, but I didn’t attempt to change the station or turn up the volume. I also didn’t know what to talk about, but he didn’t seem upset or angry about anything.

When we pulled into the driveway, I wasn’t surprised to see the garage doors down and all lights off in the house. Neither Mom or Dad had made it home yet, and the way Mom stormed off before I left for practice, I doubted she’d be back until late. Dad likely would be rolling in, red-eyed, and exhausted not long before they would shower and get ready for church.

“Your parents are never home, are they?” He asked after parking the truck and killing the engine. The trailer with the old beat up lawn mower was still on the lawn, but he made no move to hitch it back on.

“Some people are actually busy in this shitty town,” I answered shrugging.

“Kind of makes grounding you a bit hard,” he commented smiling as he looked ahead at the dark house. Not even the porch light was on.

“Yeah I usually do my own shit after they leave,” I said, grabbing for the door.

“My parents are always home,” he countered rolling his eyes. “They don’t have a life.”

“Too old,” I said, opening the door and letting it swing open. “Do you need me to help you with the trailer?”

“No, I’ll get it,” he said looking over at me as I unhooked my seatbelt and slid out of the passenger seat.

“I don’t know how to hitch up those things anyway,” I countered smiling as I grabbed the door ready to say goodnight and close it. It wasn’t too late, I hoped maybe one of the girls wasn't too drunk by now to come get me and take me to Bailey Ashton’s party. I knew Luke would be a lost cause if I asked him, he wouldn’t want to piss off both our mothers.

“Wait,” he said as I nearly closed the door. Sighing I opened the door again leaned inside his truck.

“Can I come in?” He asked, his eyes widening slightly. I could tell he didn’t want to ask, but I finally understood the silence on the way home. He didn’t want to go back and face his mother yet. He would have to eventually, he couldn’t stay away from her forever. They had that church stuff to do in the morning and then the damn park tomorrow afterwards. Both of which, I’d expect her to drag him to now that they were fighting and everyone seemed to know.

“I was --” I started, remembering my plan to call one of the girls. “Yeah, come on.”

“Thanks,” he said smiling as he opened his door, I closed the passenger side again and walked around the front of the truck where he met me. Then I led him, awkwardly through the darkness to the front porch.

Cursing under my breath, I fumbled around with my keys until I finally found the right one to the front door, then again searching for the keyhole. Finally finding it, I slid it inside and swung the door open. I stepped inside and flipped the light switch on then moved out of the way for Luke to come on inside the house.

“I guess you don’t want to go to Ashton Bailey’s party?” I asked, glancing in his direction. He looked nervous now that he was in my living room. Like maybe he would decide to go home after all. I hoped he would, I was tired from practice and working. I didn’t get to take a shower at the YMCA either, so I wanted to wash off the chlorine smell and get into bed, maybe watch a movie, as boring as all that shit sounded for a Saturday night.

“No,” he answered as we both kicked off our shoes and slid them off to the side, “not really.”

“Have you even smelled a beer before?” I asked, smiling as I grabbed my keys and put them in a small glass plate on the mantle beside the front door. Then I closed and locked up behind me.

“There’s a retired army guy that comes to church,” he said, turning to look at me. “He smells like he’s downed a case before church every morning.”

“Gross, man,” I said and he shrugged, smirking. “If you wanted to go, I would watch out for you.”

“If it got back to Mom, she’d not let me out of her sight for a month or two,” he answered, “besides your Mom would tack on a few more months of your punishment too.”

“Mothers,” I groaned rolling my eyes. “Well what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know,” he answered looking nervous again. “It’s your house, you pick.”

“Fine,” I said walking into the kitchen. He followed me and I ignored him as I rummaged through the cabinets until I found a bag of popcorn. Then I opened the microwave and slid it in, closing the door loudly then pressed the popcorn button. “Have you ever heard of Jason Bourne?”

“Like those movies?” He asked, shrugging.

“Yeah, have you not watched them?” I asked leaning against the counter beside the microwave listening as the popcorn began to pop. I hated burned popcorn, so the first sound of them slowing down I always grabbed the bag.

“No, I’ve not watched any of them,” he answered coming into the kitchen farther.

“Get in the fridge and get us some drinks,” I said nodding towards the refrigerator. “I can’t believe you’ve not watched Bourne, he’s a badass.”

“I have to be sneaky about the films I watch, I told you,” he countered as I turned back to the microwave.

“How long do you plan on stayin’?” I asked as I hit the door eject button on the microwave and carefully grabbed the tabs of the bag of popcorn. Hissing from the steam that hit my hands I sat it down and grabbed a large bowl to pour it in.

“Probably until the movie goes off,” he answered as he gently kicked the door closed. He had two cans of soda in his hands.

“Come on,” I said as I grabbed the bag and quickly dumped it into the bowl. Then I tossed the bag into the garbage and led him out of the kitchen. “We can watch down here or in my room, whichever.”

“It doesn’t matter,” he said, shaking his head.

“You pick,” I countered and he sighed.

“Fine down here,” he answered and I grimaced. He laughed stepping around me.

“See, I knew I’d choose the wrong room,” he countered as he walked up the stairs.

“You make it sound like I’m difficult,” I said as I followed him up the stairs.

“Well,” he said as he stepped into the hallway that led to the bedrooms.

“Shut up, asshole,” I said fighting a smirk when he laughed and hesitated at the entrance to the bedroom. My light was off when I stepped around him in the narrow hallway, I stepped inside and flipped on the overhead light.

“Do you have any chairs?” He asked as he looked around the room.

“Just the bed,” I answered, shrugging as I pulled the covers down and put the popcorn down in the middle of the bed. “I’m going to change into a pair of shorts, do you want a pair?”

“Yeah,” he answered and I walked to my closet and grabbed two pairs of basketball shorts. I heard him unzip the khaki shorts I lent him earlier. I turned when they hit the ground and I tossed him a pair of light blue shorts. Then I quickly dropped my own pair of khaki shorts and slid into the second pair.

Then I grabbed the first Bourne DVD and slid it into the blu-ray player and grabbed the remote from the entertainment center my television was sitting on. When I turned around I saw that Luke had slid into the bed and for the first time since we got here, my plan for watching a movie in my room bothered me. I knew I didn’t have anywhere for us to sit besides the bed. I wasn’t used to having a lot of people in my room, since I didn’t like being home at all. When Derek and Toby came over, we all plopped down on my bed or on the floor and it never bothered me. He seemed to notice my hesitation, but before he could say anything I walked around the foot of my bed and hit the overhead light then slid in the bed on the other side of the popcorn bowl.

“I hope the movie doesn’t suck,” he said as we sat in darkness as the blu-ray player loaded the disc.

“What do you typically like?” I asked squinting when the screen changed and I pressed play and sat the remote on my nightstand.

“I like older movies,” he answered shrugging. “Like Jurassic Park?”

“There is a new one out, I have it if you want to watch that,” I suggested and he leaned back against my headboard.

“Nah, I’ll try out Bourne, I watched the new one with Dad,” he answered and looked forward as the beginning credits started.

“My Dad doesn’t really like movies,” I commented and he smiled as he reached for some popcorn. Then he remembered the sodas and got out of bed and walked over to where he placed them on my dresser. When he slid back into bed he handed me one and I sat it aside on my nightstand. Not having a place for it he crossed his legs and slid the pop into his lap.

We watched the movie and when the popcorn and sodas were gone we both slid farther into the bed and I pulled the covers up over us. Having watched the movies before, they didn’t keep my interest, but when the first one ended Luke got up and I told him which one the second one was. I didn’t care about what time it was now, but it had to be getting late. Luke seemed to be ignoring the digital clock on my nightstand. Glancing over at it, I saw that it was past midnight and that was the last thing I remembered as I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I jumped when Mom’s shrill voice came from somewhere inside my room followed by a crash on the other side of the bed. I pushed up from sleeping on my stomach and looked around until I found Mom peering over the side of the bed.

“What on Earth,” she hissed. “Allison is that you, it better not be you, so help me I will tell your father.”

“Mom,” I groaned, “what time is it?”

“It is almost time for church young man, and I should make you go, you’re definitely in need of a good sermon or two,” she hissed, crossing her arms. She was still dressed in the clothes she wore last night to work. She had dark circles and her eyes were puffy. Her hair had fallen down in scraggly strands from her pony-tail.

“It’s me Mrs. Forrest,” Luke said as he crawled back onto his knees and into bed. He looked like hell, his face red and he rubbed his hand across his forehead.

“You scared us half to death, Mom,” I said, trying not to look over at Luke. My own face flushed when I felt my morning wood and I hoped the covers pulled up around me kept that hidden until it went away. I wanted both of them out of my room so I could roll over and go back to sleep until I had to be up for the park shit.

“Luke what are you doing here?” Mom asked, but I rolled my eyes when I heard the relief in her voice.

“Only you would feel better about a dude being in your son’s bed,” I countered snuggling back against my pillow. “Both of you need to get out of my room.”

“Hush Jackson, that is no way to be around a guest,” Mom argued as I closed my eyes hoping they would ignore me if I didn’t make an attempt at getting up.

“I guess we fell asleep watching some movies,” Luke said and I felt him moving around in the bed. I jumped when his foot slid against mine and turned my head to see him snuggling back down in the bed as well. When he saw me frown he seemed to have thought better of it and sat back up.

“Oh, that’s fine, but I did get a frantic phone call from your mother this morning,” she said and I groaned rolling over to face her. “I should have known it was you here, sorry about screaming this morning, I’ve had no sleep. You should really call your mother though.”

“I know,” he answered, sighing.

“And it has been raining all morning, so I doubt you guys will be working on the park today,” she said as she turned and left us both to go down the hall to her bedroom. “How did I not see your truck this morning?”

“Mom,” I said, stopping her from leaving the room. “Do you even remember driving home?”

“Not really,” she said, yawning as she walked out of the room.

“Go to bed,” I yelled, “Luke look outside to make sure she hasn’t rammed into your truck.”

“I think we would have heard that,” he said sighing as he stood. I watched him stretch before he walked around the foot of the bed and out into the hallway. I listened as he walked down the stairs and into the living room.

A little while later I heard him come back up the stairs and I opened my eyes when he entered my room. When he looked at me he smirked and I pulled the covers up to my shoulders.

“You in some deep shit?” I asked wondering why the fuck my morning wood was being so stubborn this morning. I glanced down to make sure it was still hidden from view and I wasn’t tenting the covers.

“Yeah,” he answered, and I wondered if he had the same problem with morning wood. Then I grimaced my face flushing when I noticed that I had glanced down at his crotch. “Do you remember where I put my clothes from yesterday?”

“The dirty ones from when we worked at the park?” I asked, shrugging my shoulders. “Just put on what you borrowed to take me to practice, dude.”

“Alright,” he said, “I’ll bring them back.”

“How bad are you in trouble?” I asked, feeling bad that he had gotten himself into trouble. I hadn’t thought about having him call his mother, I didn’t think there would have been a reason to. Knowing that I slept in bed with him all night didn’t bother me though. I hadn’t been aware of him next to me until Mom’s yelling made him fall out of bed. Only now that it was the next morning that it felt weird.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I just don’t like worrying her and since we’ve been arguing she worried worse than usual.”

“Did you tell her you fell asleep watching some R-rated movies?” I asked, smirking when he smiled.

“No, good wholesome movies,” he answered, rolling his eyes as he pulled on my khaki shorts. “At least you’re off the hook with the park today.”

“It’s not so bad,” I countered rolling over onto my side, closing my eyes again. “Close the door on your way out.”

“Alright, see you later then,” he said and I nodded my head.

A few moments later I heard my bedroom door shut and his footsteps going back down the stairs. Sighing I reached behind me and grabbed the pillow he used last night and pulled it over my head to block out the morning light that entered my window. Now that it was quiet I heard the rain and the soft rumble of thunder.

When I woke up again, I heard my parents talking somewhere down stairs. Glancing over at my clock on the nightstand I saw that it was just past noon. My morning wood had subsided sometime after I fell back to sleep so I slid out of the covers. I grabbed the empty soda cans and the popcorn bowl from last night and walked over to my bedroom door, I opened it with my free hand and walked out of the room and down the stairs.

“Good afternoon, Jackson,” Mom greeted, her hair brushed neatly down her back. She turned to face me from the couch. Dad and her had snuggled up with one another and was watching some television.

“Hi,” I said as I turned the corner and tossed the cans into the trash and walked over to the sink and placed the bowl down on the counter.

“Sorry about this morning,” she said and I heard the television turn off. “Can we talk for a minute?”

“Sure,” I said, sighing as I walked across the kitchen and back into the living room. Dad had gotten up to walk around the coffee table to sit in his usual spot for family discussions.

“We have been talking about you some this morning,” Mom said, glancing over at Dad. When he nodded his head adjusting his glasses over his head I noticed he still looked dead tired. Neither of them looked too woken up, so I knew they went on to church after Dad came in from his night shift at the hospital. I wondered how they kept from falling asleep in church and giving the neighbors something to really talk about. They probably talked about me anyway, the thought always made me smile.

“I’ve been good, I swear,” I countered sitting down on the other side of the couch from Mom.

“We’ve noticed,” Mom answered, “so I think we’re going to step back on some of our punishments.”

“How far back are you talking?” I asked not expecting this from them at all. They had seemed hell bent on keeping up with their discipline.

“I believe you will continue to behave,” Dad said, clearing his throat. His voice sounded scratchy and tired as well.

“It is just last night after you got home and I realized you had practice,” Mom continued turning to look at me. “I had forgotten all about having to take you, I hadn’t since you got your license, so when the emergency at the factory happened, I realized that you need your car.”

“Just for important appointments only,” Dad said and I watched Mom smile and nod her head. It was like they were winging the entire thing, but I knew they had been talking about me all morning. They just weren’t too good at this parenting thing, they were too busy with their careers and discipline was the thing they decided to take the easy road with as I grew up. I knew why, they didn’t want their free time with me to be about telling me what to do or how much trouble I was in. They wanted it to be relaxed, fun. As fun as they got anyway, but I hadn’t realized just how easy I had it until I finally pushed them over the edge.

“What does that mean?” I asked, crossing my arms. I tried not to get angry, I was getting my car back and that meant at least I didn’t have to depend on people I didn’t really like or know to drive me around.

“School, practice, and the park,” Dad answered holding up his hand when I began to protest. “For now, we’re sticking to the two weeks thing, if you keep out of trouble you’ll get more privileges back.”

“Alright,” I said, crossing my arms. “Thanks, I guess.”

“Two weeks isn’t a long time,” Mom countered reaching across the couch, she patted me on the shoulder then stifled a yawn with her other hand.

“Can I ask you guys something?” I asked after she let her hand fall back to her lap.

“Yes of course, Dear,” Mom answered, her smile brightening.

“How long have you been donating money to Luke’s school?” I asked, leaning my head against the back of the couch. When Mom glanced at Dad, I guess they didn’t expect me to ask a question like that, something that didn’t deal with me.

“We started after we had our college loans paid off, I believe,” Dad answered looking at Mom for confirmation. When she didn’t disagree or correct him he nodded his head. “Maybe when you were around the age to start school, so five.”

“Why didn’t I go there?” I asked before I could stop myself. It wasn’t my next question, but I hadn’t expected the answer.

“We didn’t want to split you, Toby, and Derek up,” Mom answered laughing. “You three were already really close.”

“So you heard it was closing after Christmas,” I said, feeling my face flush. “Can we not spare some money to keep it open until the end of the school year?”

“We could give more,” Dad said shrugging. “We have money in savings, mostly for your graduation present. The one you wanted.”

“My Mustang to be detailed,” I commented smiling at the thought of really being able to trick out the mustang before college. “Would that money keep the school open?”

“No, the school needs a lot more than that,” he responded smiling. “It’s good to see you thinking about things like this Jack.”

“Whatever,” I mumbled shifting around on the couch. “I just know it would suck for my school to close a few months before I graduated. Cindy wants to homeschool Luke instead of sending him to my school.”

“We know,” Mom said, frowning. “The factory can no longer donate, the church isn’t able to make up the difference, the local businesses around town can’t anymore. They tried to keep it going.”

“So there’s nothing that can be done?” I asked, frowning that I actually felt sorry for Luke. After scaring his Mom and having to tell her that he spent the night at my house, I doubt he could convince her to let him go to my school. She didn’t like me as it was, I should have kicked Luke out after the first movie.

“They’re already discussing with the town on what to do with the building,” Dad answered, shrugging.

“Luke doesn’t want to be home schooled though,” I countered, “do you think you can talk to Cindy about that?”

“I don’t know Jackson,” Mom said wrinkling her nose. “She is my dearest friend, but I really shouldn’t tell her how to raise her own children.”

“Luke is eighteen,” Dad said and I turned to look at him. He glanced at Mom momentarily then pulled his glasses back on. “I think he is old enough to decide where he wants to finish out High School. The only person that will convince Cindy is him.”

“He’s tried,” I said, but I wanted to drop it. I still had a sense of freedom from not having to deal with the park today. I didn’t know why I was wasting it trying to argue on Luke’s behalf. I didn’t even think I wanted him in my school, hanging around with me. Everyone knew him as the weird church kid that goes to that small church school down the road. They all would be for a while, but Luke wouldn’t have the time to settle into High School now.

“Can I take the car out?” I asked, wanting to change the subject and get out of the conversation that I started. I didn’t like caring what happened to Luke Clarke, he wasn’t anything important to me. I wanted to see what Derek and Toby were up to.

“No,” Mom answered, frowning slightly. “We said important appointments only, Jackson.”

“It’s Sunday, Mom,” I groaned, shaking my head. “Where will I get into trouble on a Sunday?”

“I don’t know,” she countered sighing. “Apparently you only need a field to get up to meanness and other things.”

“I have school tomorrow, I won’t be out long, I really miss my friends outside of school, can I go get a burger or something?” I asked, trying my best to fake a hopeful smile. I was probably too old for my puppy dog eyes to work on her, but I was still going to try.

“A burger with friends and then straight home,” she said and I saw Dad cross his arms as he laid back in his chair. I knew they would be discussing me after I ran and got the cordless phone. I dialed Toby first as I ran up the stairs knowing I didn’t have a lot of time to get out of here. Dad might be able to get her to change her mind.

When Toby didn’t answer I cursed under my breath as I dialed Derek’s number. When he didn’t answer I tried Toby again. I nearly threw the phone across my bedroom when his annoying as fuck voicemail started. I got dressed hoping one of them would call me back, but by the time I had my sneakers tied and my shirt on neither of them had, so I tried Derek again and this time he answered on the fourth ring.

“What, dude?” Derek asked, his voice nearly a growl.

“Let’s go get a burger,” I answered as I heard him shuffling shit around in his room.

“I just threw up a burger,” he said and I grimaced, rolling my eyes. “I think.”

“So you should be hungry then, get your ass up,” I countered as I sat down on my bed.

“We just got in from Bailey’s party,” he said and I could tell he was laying back down, his voice was muffled, so he was likely lying on his cell phone with his eyes closed. He always was difficult to talk to when he had a hangover. “It was a fucking blast, you missed a good one.”

“Ashton sucks ass,” I said, but I felt the longing of having missed something good. Something to do with them one last time before we all split for college. My small group were my best friends, but there were other people at that lame ass party that I would miss hanging out with, that I wouldn’t get to see much after graduation. Not at dumb high school parties, bonfires, or sporting events. This was the year for that and it was going by without me.

“Sorry man,” he countered. “I know you got it rough with them church losers, but I’m real sick and I need sleep.”

“I get it,” I said, trying not to sound angry. If I had gotten to go to that party, I wouldn’t be up to going anywhere at noon on a Sunday either. I would kill whoever woke me up from a hangover if they did call and ask. “I’ll try Ally we need some alone time --”

“Grounded, dude,” he countered. “She wasn’t at the party, her old man found out she had a C in Calculus.”

“A C?”I asked squinting. “She helps me with Calculus, the damn school year just started, how does she have a C.”

“Been turning in work late,” he answered. “I guess.”

“Fuck,” I hissed, “do you think he knows me and her have been going out?”

“Nah, but he does suspect some dude is to blame for it,” he answered and I rolled my eyes when he snickered. “So I wouldn’t call her phone for a while, her daddy might answer and you’ll have Welker up your ass.”

“I won’t,” I said sighing. “I’ll let you go dude, I’m hungry.”

“Don’t talk about food,” he groaned and the phone went dead.

“Well fuck,” I muttered tossing down the phone. My one moment of freedom in weeks and no one was up for doing anything. I wasn’t going to waste it though, I would go get that burger alone if it meant I could get out of the house. Standing I walked back down the stairs and put the phone on the charger sighing. Mom looked away from the television. Dad had joined her back on the couch.

“Something wrong?” Mom asked and I shook my head.

“Friends not up to going out to eat,” I answered crossing my arms.

“Luke ---,” she started, but I snorted.

“I don’t want Luke to come with me,” I interrupted then frowned when her face fell. “Sorry, I just hoped one of them would go out with me.”

“Do you want us to go?” Dad asked with his eyes most of the way closed.

“You two need a nap,” I countered walking over to the door. I grabbed the first set of keys my fingers found and turned the handle. I let the door glide open before I stepped out on the porch. Going out to some cheap burger place with my parents would be the last thing I wanted to do today. “I’ll be back in a little while.”

“Be good,” Mom offered, “do you need money?”

“No,” I answered as I pulled the door closed behind me.

 
Copyright © 2017 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 57
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh dear. It sounds as if it's Jack's time for a relapse...and Luke is in the doghouse, too. At least the two of them have become more comfortable. Circling, circling...circumstances may yet be right. But in the meantime, one wonders what Jack is up to.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Remarkable how Jackson missed out on the sexual innuendo of both him and Luke together underneath the covers. Nah, nothing gay even remotely considered.
Even better, remarkable that Jackson is now thinking of how to help Luke get out of the home-schooling situation. Showing some maturity--and I've gotta believe that's part of the reason his parents are lightening up on his house arrest.
Good job in moving the story forward! Gonna be interesting to see who Jackson runs into when he's out and about.....

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Not much to say that Parker and Robert didn't mention. Jackson actually CARES about Luke, just a little bit. He likes Luke no matter how much he might try to deny it. Again I like seeing them develop their friendship (or eventually more?) on their own. Jackson's mother still bugs a bit, not quite sure what's up with her.

 

Ok so,I know this as been mentioned before, but what's the deal with Jackson's friends? Why is his girlfriend getting a low grade? Why do they seem to not even miss him? There's something there,are we getting more insight on that anytime soon?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm sure Jackson's friends miss him, but why should they sit around at home just because he's grounded? Of course telling him the party was awesome is rubbing salt in his wound, but hey they are shallow high school kids just like he is. And no wonder since his parents doesn't really seem interested in him or his emotional needs.
His parents hit a new low with me - they've been paying money to the church school to keep it going, thereby aiding and abetting Luke's parents in keeping him trapped in their narrow-minded ways. :pissed: More than ever I hope Jackson will decide that coming ouy and having Luke as his boyfriend will be the best way to get back at them all. I loved the joke he made about his mom finding a guy in his bed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I also laughed when Jackson's mom was relieved it was only Luke in his bed! :lol:

 

Jackson may think he doesn't care about Luke, but his thoughts prove otherwise. lol

 

I hope he can help Luke with his fight against homeschooling. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/28/2016 01:17 PM, Lisa said:

I also laughed when Jackson's mom was relieved it was only Luke in his bed! :lol:

 

Jackson may think he doesn't care about Luke, but his thoughts prove otherwise. lol

 

I hope he can help Luke with his fight against homeschooling. :)

Thanks for reading! :D Poor ol Jackson, still has his stubborn streak intact, for sure. :D

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/28/2016 05:01 AM, Timothy M. said:

I'm sure Jackson's friends miss him, but why should they sit around at home just because he's grounded? Of course telling him the party was awesome is rubbing salt in his wound, but hey they are shallow high school kids just like he is. And no wonder since his parents doesn't really seem interested in him or his emotional needs.

His parents hit a new low with me - they've been paying money to the church school to keep it going, thereby aiding and abetting Luke's parents in keeping him trapped in their narrow-minded ways. :pissed: More than ever I hope Jackson will decide that coming ouy and having Luke as his boyfriend will be the best way to get back at them all. I loved the joke he made about his mom finding a guy in his bed.

Thanks for reading! I am wondering though, why you feel that Luke was trapped whilst the school is open? He says he doesn't have any "really close friends" in some of the chapters, but he doesn't seem overall unhappy about going there? Although, he does hate the idea of being homeschooled by his mother.. lol. :D

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/28/2016 04:40 AM, spikey582 said:

Not much to say that Parker and Robert didn't mention. Jackson actually CARES about Luke, just a little bit. He likes Luke no matter how much he might try to deny it. Again I like seeing them develop their friendship (or eventually more?) on their own. Jackson's mother still bugs a bit, not quite sure what's up with her.

 

Ok so,I know this as been mentioned before, but what's the deal with Jackson's friends? Why is his girlfriend getting a low grade? Why do they seem to not even miss him? There's something there,are we getting more insight on that anytime soon?

Thanks for reading! Jackson's friends will come into play a lot more as the story progresses! I hope to really dive into them in the next few chapters. They have been on the periphery for awhile now - so much so we can't really take any of them seriously yet. :) There are a lot of characters to manage with this story, shew. lol. I actually am worried that I'm not doing that well of a job with Jackson's parents, but the story is still a wee bit new, so they can be tweaked better as the story progresses. I hope. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/27/2016 11:32 PM, Robert Rex said:

Remarkable how Jackson missed out on the sexual innuendo of both him and Luke together underneath the covers. Nah, nothing gay even remotely considered.

Even better, remarkable that Jackson is now thinking of how to help Luke get out of the home-schooling situation. Showing some maturity--and I've gotta believe that's part of the reason his parents are lightening up on his house arrest.

Good job in moving the story forward! Gonna be interesting to see who Jackson runs into when he's out and about.....

Thanks for reading! :D Yeah, totally missed by both of them. Poor dears. Yeah, he showed some concern and gave us all a glimmer of maturity. :) Maybe it will last... :o

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/27/2016 10:30 PM, Parker Owens said:

Oh dear. It sounds as if it's Jack's time for a relapse...and Luke is in the doghouse, too. At least the two of them have become more comfortable. Circling, circling...circumstances may yet be right. But in the meantime, one wonders what Jack is up to.

Thanks for reading! Yeah, we can't expect our boy to change so much without a few relapses back into old habits. :D Maybe it won't be so bad since he's only got a bit of his freedom back and not all of it. :P But we'll see. ;)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 3/27/2016 at 10:40 AM, spike382 said:

Not much to say that Parker and Robert didn't mention. Jackson actually CARES about Luke, just a little bit. He likes Luke no matter how much he might try to deny it. Again I like seeing them develop their friendship (or eventually more?) on their own. Jackson's mother still bugs a bit, not quite sure what's up with her.

What's up with Jackson's mom? How about she has a son Jackson who is a spoiled complete ass-wipe who hasn't had to face enough consequences for his actions and attitudes in the past and now she is realizing that leniency didn't work.

Jackson's mom is a pussycat compared to Luke's mom.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, PrivateTim said:

What's up with Jackson's mom? How about she has a son Jackson who is a spoiled complete ass-wipe who hasn't had to face enough consequences for his actions and attitudes in the past and now she is realizing that leniency didn't work.

Jackson's mom is a pussycat compared to Luke's mom.

Oh gosh, I love you description of Jackson here... lol. As you've like realized that by now, I set out to make Jackson unlikeable. Hopefully not to a point where you say.. "well I can't go on.." and stop reading... but definitely wanted people to have a semblance of this response. :D

I must say too, the response I got from Jackson's Mom was a bit frustrating to me, but I liked that too. I wanted people to have a commentary on their family dynamic. Grace may seem unfair to some, since it is too little too late... you raised him, you reap what you sow.. right? Since he's 18... why start now.. I guess that was some of the sentiment with the annoyance. She was a bit inconsistent too. And yes, I think with all that said, she is still the pussycat to Cindy's Cindzilla.. lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Luke seems to be enjoying the taste of freedom that Jack is able to provide. The church kid is learning a bit of rebellion. XD

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..