Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,457 Words
  • 769 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 34. Chapter 11.1 - Hunter - Kites

Hunter is about to do something stupid!? Oh no...

Check out Scott Helmen, who's songs are the titles for chapter 11!

Hunter

2

Coming out of gym class, Quinn with me. He was being a little clingy today for some reason. I didn't mind though; he can be like that some days. “You doing okay today?”

 

Quinn looked away. “Ya, I'm fine.” He didn't sound convincing at all.

 

“That was convincing,” I spoke sarcastically. Quinn lowered his head. “If you don't want to talk about it, just I worry for you.”

 

“Thanks.” I noticed a small smile form.

 

“Hey, Hunter!” Tax shouted from down the hall. He waved before heading over to us. “You're Quinn right?”

 

“Ya.” Quinn gave a little nod. “I gotta go though, I'll see you later Hunter.”

 

“See ya, Quinn.” He scampered off down the hall, head low. “Something is bothering him today.”

 

Tax shrugged as Quinn went around the corner. “Maybe he's just having a bad day.” No that's not it. “How are you doing today?”

 

“Good. Gym wasn't too bad today.” I smiled towards him. “The other night was lots of fun.” Tax started to blush as he turned away.

 

“Ya, it was fun.”

 

I leaned over to try and see his face. “Can't wait to do it all again.” His reaction wasn't what I expected. Tax got this half smile on his face like he didn't enjoy it or something. “What's wrong?”

 

He shook his head. “Oh, nothing. I feel the same, can't wait to do it again.” Tax's smile seemed fake, but I didn't want to call him out on it. “Are you doing anything after dinner tonight? I was thinking of heading down to the youth center with my uncle. Was wondering if you'd like to come with.”

 

“Sure! Lucas... dad has been trying to get me out of the house more.”

 

“Okay sounds great! See you later then.” Tax smile grew as he made his way to his next class. As he left, I started my way to my next class.

 

“Hunter!” Dash yelled from behind me. I stopped and let her catch up. “What did you and Tax talk about?”

 

“We're going to the youth center tonight with your uncle.”

 

Dash nodded and rolled her eyes. “He's such a loser. Glad to see you two are liking each other.”

 

“Ya, same here. Your brother is really cool.” She gave me a little wink. “Not like that.”

 

“Say whatever you want Hunter, a woman knows things.”

 

“You're a teenager, not a woman!” I got a smack right to my chest for that comment. “What was that for?”

 

“You gotta respect a girl's knowledge, dude.”

 

“Okay?”

 

 

Once lunch came around, I thought I would go and find Quinn to see if he wanted to hang out with me. The thing was he wasn't anywhere to be found. He doesn't take French so he would be in a study block. Quinn wasn't near there, or his locker, though. I kept looking while eating a bit of my lunch.

 

There was a sudden slam down the hall. It sounded like someone was pushed into the lockers. I didn't think anything of it at first until I heard a voice. “Stop it!” Quinn's scream echoed through the halls.

 

My mind took control, and before I knew it, I had pushed my way through the crowd of kids and put myself between Quinn and Vincent. “The fuck is with you coming to this loser's aid all the fucking time?”

 

Quinn was sitting on the ground, nearly in tears, holding his shoulder. I puffed myself up and prepared myself. Vincent and I glared at each other. “Because he's a friend. Now leave him alone.”

 

“Or what fatty?” I dropped my lunch, and went up and gave Vincent a swift shove across the hall. He almost slammed into the lockers on the other side. “You want to fuck with me!?”

 

I didn't stand down as he marched towards me. “That's enough!” Vincent stopped dead in his tracks as Mr. Bells came down the hall. “What is happening?”

 

Vincent was quick to reply. “This kid is pushing people into the lockers!”

 

“I did not!” I shouted more so at Vincent than Mr. Bells. “I came to defend Quinn!” I pointed towards Quinn, who was still sitting on the floor.

 

“All three of you, office now.” Vincent started his way to the office immediately. I got Quinn up, but he didn't want to walk with me. He wouldn't even look at me. Did I intimidate Quinn too much?

 

 

Hunter

3

“What the hell Hunter!?” Mom yelled at me over the phone. “You promised no fights! You've not even finished the first month of school, and you're getting into a fight!”

 

“It wasn't a fight...”

 

Mom cut me off. “Bullshit it wasn't a fight! It would have turned into one; you and I both know this. Don't give me an excuse, I've heard what happened. It's the same thing every time! A younger boy gets bullied, and you defend them.

 

“It's great you defend those who cannot defend themselves. But fights got you expelled once already Hunter. You have to think more before you act.” I could hear mom's frustration in her voice.

 

All I could do was hang my head, and I agree. “I'm sorry mom... Quinn screamed, and instincts took over. I don't want to get expelled again, but I can't stand there and do nothing.” Tears started forming in my eyes.

 

It's frustrating; I need to do something when someone is being bullied. I can't fight them though, and that's where my head goes instinctively. Try as I might it's what happens every time.

 

“I know Hunter... You care too much for your own good. Whatever punishment your dad and Nick come up with I support. I will talk to you later, love you.”

 

“Love you too, mom. Bye...” We hung up the phone, and I sat in my room waiting for my punishment. I knew Nick and Lucas were talking it over between themselves. From the sound of things, Nick was letting Lucas decide it.

 

Time passed by so slowly in my room. It felt like hours when it was only minutes that had passed. I heard footsteps coming to my room, so I sat up and waited.

 

A knock was quickly followed by Lucas coming into the room. “So, this is new to me so bear with me.”

 

“How long am I grounded for?” I asked lowering my head.

 

“You're not going to be grounded, this time.” I let out a breath of relief. “After talking with your mother, we're going to try something new. We're going to sign you up for Karate lessons.”

 

I looked up at him, confused. “Wouldn't that give me more tools to fight?”

 

“Yes, which is why your mother never did it.” I think I remember mom saying something like that. Jayce brought it up, but my mom passed on the idea. “The theory is that you'll learn discipline and you won't resort to a physical attack. I know someone who has dealt with a few kids that pick fights; most of them have turned out for the better.”

 

“And what if I'm not one of those kids? What if I will always end up picking fights?”

 

Lucas shook his head. “I don't think you will. Neither does my friend. Those ones are the really bad kids, that won't listen to anything. From what I've told him about you, he thinks you can figure it out.”

 

I nodded, knowing that there wasn't another option. “Okay... When do the lessons start?”

“Day after tomorrow. Homework done?” I nodded. “Dinner will be ready in a couple of minutes, sorry for it being so late.”

 

“It's my fault anyway... I'm not that hungry anyway.”

 

Lucas came over and sat on my bed. “Hey, Hunter.” I didn't move. “Just like your mom, I understand why you do what you do. I get it; Nick gets it, we really do. You regret it every time you do something aggressive. I am not punishing you; we just need to get that anger under control.

 

“If you're willing to put in the work, I know you'll get it done. Now come on, let's go have something to eat.” Lucas squeezed my shoulder.

 

“I'll be out in a bit.” Lucas left me in my room. Karate lessons... here I thought I'd be grounded. Guess I'm going to learn to defend myself and not be the aggressor. Good luck me.

Chapter End.

Chapter 11's order is: So please by patient for chapter 11.2 and 11.3
1 - Regal's POV Part 1
2 - Hunter's POV Part 1
3 - Hunter's POV Part 2
4 - Elijah's POV Part 1
5 - Regal's POV Part 2
6 - Elijah's POV Part 2
7 - Tax's POV
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..