Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 672 Words
  • 758 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 35. Chapter 11.2 - Tax - Kinda Complicated

Will Tax finally tell Hunter about everything? Or will he chicken out?

Check out Scott Helmen, who's songs are the titles for chapter 11!

Taxon

7

“So you didn't get into trouble?” Hunter was explaining his punishment to me. We were at school eating our lunch. “You just have to take karate classes? Doesn't seem like much to me.” Arroh, Dash, Luke, Hunter and I were sitting having lunch together.

 

Hunter shrugged. “It's not the best thing ever, but definitely a punishment.” He let out a sigh. “Still have to serve detention after school though.”

 

“That sucks, cool you stood up for that kid though.” Dominique came and sat with us. I stopped and stared at him; he had never sat with us. Arroh even had a strange look on his face.

 

“His name is Quinn,” Hunter replied. “He was being bullied so I stepped between.”

 

“Doesn't his dad run that new restaurant?” Dash asked.

 

Luke nodded. “Ya, and that Vega kid's mom runs the serving. He's an amazing cook. I went over with Elijah for food once.”

 

I spent the entire time looking at Dominique. He noticed I guess. “Why the weird look?”

 

Arroh spoke before I could. “You never sit with us, now out of the blue you do. It's kinda weird for you to do.”

 

He shrugged. “I thought I would join you guys today. Sorry?”

 

“It's fine, just weird is all,” Arroh said just before taking a bite of his food.

 

Dominique shrugged it off. We went back to just hanging out during lunch. Complaining about the classes we just had, and the ones we're going to have. You know regular high school stuff.

 

When the bell went off, we all went our separate ways for class. I made sure to give Hunter a special wave before heading off. Dom came up beside me, with a look of deep thought. “What's on your mind there?”

“I was thinking I'd start eating with you guys more often. You're more fun to be around than my other friends.”

 

“You're more than welcome to Dom.”

 

“Sick, cool, I'll see you tomorrow at lunch then!” Dominique quickly turned down a hallway. “See ya! And call me DJ!”” We both waved as we went to our classes.

 

I got into cooking class, and Dash came into the room just after me. “You could have waited for me Tax.”

 

“Oh, sorry Dash. Lunch was just weird.”

 

She nodded. “So, about Dominique...”

 

“I still need to talk to Hunter I know.”

 

“Oh good, that's all.” I rolled my eyes. Good thing that was all she wanted to say, class started right after her comment.

 

 

The entire rest of the day I had on my mind how I could bring it up to Hunter. I was stumped. I didn't know how to bring it up to him without breaking his heart. There was no doubt in my mind that he was gonna hate me.

 

And then it came to me. So after school, I found Hunter and pulled him aside to a quiet place. “So I was thinking...” He nodded. “I think if we be more of friends with benefits, that would be better right now than boyfriends.”

 

“Oh... okay.” I upset him, my plan was terrible. “That makes more sense since we're still getting into things here. Maybe one day we will actually be a thing.” He took it well actually... that's good. I didn't want to not hang out with him anymore.

 

“Awesome, I do like you, but don't want to rush into something so fast. Glad you understand.” Hunter smiled with a huge smile. “You start Karate today?”

 

“Tomorrow. It won't be fun.” We both laughed. “Maybe we can hang out this weekend?”

 

“Ya, sounds like a plan!” Well, everything went well with Hunter. But now I can't rush into things with DJ either. Or Hunter will be pissed. It helps that DJ doesn't want to get into anything right now. So all is well that ends well?
Chapter End.

Chapter 11's order is:
1 - Regal's POV Part 1
2 - Hunter's POV Part 1
3 - Hunter's POV Part 2
4 - Elijah's POV Part 1
5 - Regal's POV Part 2
6 - Elijah's POV Part 2
7 - Tax's POV
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..