Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 767 Words
  • 994 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 37. Chapter 11.4 - Regal - Apathy

Regal has a rough morning of school, and then has to spend time with Arroh. What will Arroh's reaction to their father coming for a visit be?

Check out Scott Helmen, who's songs are the titles for chapter 11!

Regal

1

Start of a boring day of school, with a horrible after school to look forward to. Mom is busy working and I have been tasked with entertaining Arroh for the evening, which will be a pain in the ass.

 

To top that all off, it's English first thing in the morning. My least favorite class at my least favorite time of day. Even if Mr. Bells is a great teacher, it's not enough for me to be happy about the class. At least Addison is here with me.

“Oh cheer up Regal, it's not all bad.” Addison tried to make things better for me, but it's the morning. There are no making things better. “Okay, the afternoon won't be bad.”

 

With a slam, I almost jumped out of my chair. Vincent, the guy who sits on the other side of me, seemed to be pretty upset about something. He roughly pulled out his chair and sat down.

 

Ms. Albore wasn't that happy about it. “I understand people get upset, please treat everything in here with respect.”

 

“Ya Ya.” Vincent waved it off. “Whatever.” He whispered under his breath.

 

“What's up Vince?” Addison asked genuinely.

 

He glared at us. “Don't call me Vince.”

 

“Sorry.” Addison raised his hands in surrender. “Something bugging you?”

 

“Currently you two talking to me.” Whatever guy, I wasn't even saying anything.

 

Addison shook his head. “Just trying to be friendly Vincent, no need to bite out heads off.”

 

“Whatever.” He turns away from us. What crawled under up his ass and died? Great way to ruin my morning even more.

 

Addison gave me a little hug. “Don't worry; I'm right here. Your morning can only get better.” Sure it will, but only if you stay with me.

 

 

Regal

5

“What?” I asked Arroh who was staring at me. We had been sitting at the mall for a while and just being there.

 

Arroh sighed. “I thought we were gonna do something as brothers.”

 

I shrugged. “What do you wanna do then?”

He slouched in his hair. “You can go do whatever you want. You clearly don't want to hang out with me.” He let out a sigh and looked at the table between us.

 

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. “Has mom talked to you about dad?”

 

Arroh's face told me before he even spoke, he knew nothing. “No... what about him?”

 

Of course, Mom hadn't said anything to him. After Addison and I finished our date, I told mom about the text dad sent me. She said she was gonna tell Arroh, guess she never did. “He's coming to town in a couple of days.”

 

“What does he want this time?” I just shrugged. “When do you get the show money?”

 

“Soonish.” I shrugged. “He's probably going to ask for some money.”

 

“Don't give him any,” Arroh spoke seriously. “He doesn't deserve anything from you or me.” Couldn't agree with you more little brother. It's not often we agree, but when we do it usually on serious issues.

 

“I wasn't planning on it.”

 

“Do you know when he's getting into town?” I shook my head. “Are you going to see him?”

 

“Probably. I'm not going to say I'm not gonna see him but...”

 

Arroh crossed his arms. “Well, I'm not going to see him if I have any say in it.” His ferocity in his eyes told me he wasn't lying. Arroh didn't want anything to do with dad... and I'm not surprised.

 

When Dad lived with us, he was a bit of a drunk. You could see beer in his hands almost nightly. The breaking point for our mother was the night he swore in anger, and backhanded Arroh. That was the last night he was in the house, and the last night Arroh ever spoke to him.

 

I've never spoken to him either, aside from yelling at him. He's only ever talked to me twice. The first time was only a couple months ago. He somehow got my number and called me about being on TV. All he wanted was to know if I was getting paid.

 

“You have my word Arroh, that man isn't going to get a cent from me.” Arroh showed a small smile before turning away from me.

 

That day I screamed at my dad for hitting my little brother... Nowadays though that's not the older brother I am.

Chapter End.

Chapter 11's order is: So please be patient for chapter 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3.
1 - Regal's POV Part 1
2 - Hunter's POV Part 1
3 - Hunter's POV Part 2
4 - Elijah's POV Part 1
5 - Regal's POV Part 2
6 - Elijah's POV Part 2
7 - Tax's POV
Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..