Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 4,175 Words
  • 5,943 Views
  • 28 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Box Shaped Heart - 6. Do Cats Eat Bats?

Chapter Six – Do Cats Eat Bats?

Carter had never known the blessing of having a personal assistant, but as a programmer, it wasn’t like he needed one. He wasn’t even a good team player, and he worked as a freelancer for that reason. But leaving everything in Mark’s professional hands had made him feel relieved. Tomorrow, he was going to go to work and have his entire schedule well prepped by his new assistant, while he only had to worry about being pretty, as Mark had said, while almost throwing him out the door.

He did not complain. Half a day of working in the fashion business and he felt pissed, hungry, and not in the mood to socialize for like a week.

Plus, that douchebag Alex was a huge motherfucking cheater. How could he do that when he had such a great guy like Aron at home? Well, it was true that the guy’s bed manners lacked finesse, but Carter was a dude, too, and it was not like he had never gone out like a light after sex or just a handjob when done right. Of course, a diva like Alex must have considered such a thing a personal affront and had had Aron sleep on the sofa on more than one occasion. Presumably.

Now, he was frankly really worried about Alex’s bed manners, and, specifically, his habit of sleeping around at his workplace. Wasn’t that really risky? It seemed so easy for some info to just leak, especially with so many paparazzi that Alex seemed to have on his tail, at least, at formal events.

What if, a thought crossed his mind, what if Alex wanted to be caught? And Aron to hear about it? If the guy believed that Aron had cheated, maybe he wanted to pay his husband back with interest for that. Well, he could not tell what made him think that, but something in the way the guys had been pushing the door to his office today was making him believe Alex had just recently started raining sexual favors over his poor servants’ heads.

Or maybe it was what that puppy eyes dude had said. Mentioning Aron’s alleged cheating episode had been meant as a hit below the belt. But the guy had wanted to use it as leverage to convince Carter that cheating was totally worth it.

Yeah, sell it to someone with less than half a brain, puppy eyes, he thought. Was there a possibility that the guy was pulling his leg? What about the fatty boom boom from earlier then? It was clear that the guy had been pretty sure that he was going to get his dick wet.

Well, he wasn’t going to risk it. He needed to get Alex’s body checked for any kind of disease that he could pass to Aron by accident, and, if the results were going to come back positive, he was just going to bite the bullet and tell Aron to get checked, too.

Of course, he hoped things were not going to end up in such a mess. It was not at all in his interest to wreck Aron’s marriage, and if he could help it, he was going to protect it. Even if Alex was a douchebag, Aron didn’t deserve that. So, since destiny had put him in Alex’s shoes, literally, it was up to him to set things right. Of course, when Alex was going to be back into his body and Carter in his, things were going to change. For now, however, it was up to him and he decided to do his best to make sure that Aron was not going to be unhappy.

But how to go about it? Whether he liked it or not, he was a public face, and he could not just walk into any clinic and ask to be tested for STDs. That kind of thing was bound to make waves, and that was the last thing he needed. If anything, he needed to navigate under the radar.

Mark had dutifully informed him, just before kicking him out the door, that all his medical files were kept at that fancy clinic, where both he and Aron were registered, as the clinic also offered regular check-ups and medical services pertaining to a GP’s area of expertise.

He knew it! He was just going to ask for more extensive investigations on the grounds that he was a tiny bit paranoid and he thought himself ill. He was just going to slip that he wanted STD tests in-between those, and act like a diva on the point of a nervous breakdown. That douchebag Alex could afford it. Maybe he was not making millions, as he had exaggerated when talking to Aron, but Alex Ruskin definitely brought home the dough. He was no kept prized toy, although Carter would have liked to believe that.

Aron had always been well off, and his family came from money, as far as he remembered his own parents commenting one time. It was just the guy’s choice to work, and not just live the life while spending away his family’s cash. Plus, seeing how decent and modest the type of life Aron’s parents preferred to lead, such a nasty behavior would have just been a slap in their faces. And he knew one thing well; that Aron loved his parents above anyone else.

Hmm, maybe not anyone else, now. Well, he was not one to deny the facts. That fucker Alex was handsome and photogenic like a Siamese cat. Of course he was well paid.

***

He had just gotten out from the taxi, when his phone rang. He stared for a moment at Aron’s smiling face in the photo used for the caller ID, and rolled his eyes when he read the name under which the guy was saved in Alex’s contacts. Hubby, he shook his head. He swiped right.

“Are you going to be late?” Aron questioned him from the other end.

“Yeah,” he answered, keeping himself with some difficulty from adding ‘hubby’ to that.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go out, or stay in, tonight.”

“In,” he replied without hesitation.

Aron did hesitate, on the other hand, making him want to bite his tongue. The socialite in Alex was probably hungry for social events on a regular basis. But he was in no mood to go out and try fending off who knew how many people who wanted who knew what, starting with a blowjob and ending up with ... Okay, that was enough gay imagery for one day.

Focus, Carter, focus.

“I’m tired,” he said quickly, to alleviate Aron’s suspicions. “I just want to chill.”

“Netflix and chill?” Aron joked and Carter could swear he could picture the guy wiggling his eyebrows in that funny way of his.

“Don’t push your luck,” he growled into the phone, but he could barely keep from laughing.

How many times had he used that phrase with his casual hookups? He could not picture Aron using it, though. And especially with a guy. Well, probably Grindr wasn’t that different from Tinder. Just guys doing ... other guys.

“What are you up to?” Aron asked, as his low chuckle was doing strange little things to Carter’s ear, like there was suddenly a flock of butterflies there, trying to tickle him.

“Just some last minute errands.”

“What errands?”

Now wasn’t Aron a curious little shit right now?

“I need a new hand lotion,” Carter said snappily.

Aron sighed loudly on the other end.

“You have like one thousand.”

“Well, I need one thousand and one,” Carter lied through his teeth.

Even Aron was annoyed with his husband’s obsession for cosmetic products. It was a normal thing, really. By the amount of crap that guy had in the royal size bathroom, he was probably mummified on the inside from all the chemicals in those nice smelling bottles.

“Come on, baby, don’t be mad,” Aron cooed, but Carter could tell the guy was just trying to pull his leg.

“Then don’t make me mad,” he replied sternly.

“Okay, someone is a little pissed,” Aron joked, obviously fishing for info. “What happened?”

“Nothing. I just need this thing, that’s all. And I’ll have to go all over town for it. So, feel free to eat without me.”

There was a small pause on the other end.

“I thought about cooking your favorite, if we weren’t going out,” Aron eventually spoke.

Aron? Cooking? Carter could not picture his best friend in the line-up for Master Chef, trying to undermine the other contestants just for a chance to suck up to Gordon Ramsay.

“Oh, yeah?”

He was kind of hungry. But Alex’s favorite was probably something vegan and out of whack that could not pass for edible stuff. That was how fashion icons kept skinny, he could bet. Oh, I’m vegan; actually, I cannot eat this shit, so I’ll just go hungry. Or you would not believe how much I pig out and I still look like this ...

Aron’s small cough on the other end cut short his verbal mentalization.

“Yes. I know you only eat it on special occasions but seeing that you faced death ...” Aron explained with a small chuckle. “Really, baby, you know how much you love lasagna. Just come home.”

Lasagna? Okay, he could live with that. And he could feel his mouth water just at the sound of that. What if Aron sucked at cooking or it was some kind of lasagna only fashion victims ate? It didn’t matter at this point. If Aron was cooking, he was going to make the effort to eat it. And say that it was awesome.

“Well, you convinced me. I’ll try to finish here and get home as fast as I can,” he spoke quickly as he went through the door.

The perfunctory female voice over the speakers started at the most inopportune time.

“Where are you, Alex? I think I heard ...”

“I’ll be home soon, gotta go, bye,” he said and ended the convo abruptly.

All right, he had panicked like an idiot. But there was no way he was going to let Aron guess where he was. With a purposeful stride, he walked over to the reception and let the woman tending the front desk know who he was and what he wanted.

***

It had worked much better than expected, and except for the unpleasantries of having biological samples collected, everything had gone smoothly. The doctors at the clinic were more than happy with running tests. That was just easy money for them, so the guy in charge hadn’t even questioned him about the real reason he wanted the investigations to be carried on.

Now he felt a tad more relieved, but it was just going to take a while to have the results back. Until then, he had to make sure that Aron didn’t fuck him by accident.

By accident? Who was he kidding? Aron was going to be all over his ass. Cooking? The guy behaved like he was trying to impress some chick. Carter had only tried it once. The girl he had been dating back then was nice; she had worn a cringing little smile all the time while trying to make sense of what lay there on her plate as if it was trying to reach her from beyond the grave like Carrie’s hand.

But Aron had clearly done it before, probably quite successfully, which could only mean that Carter was going to be well prepared for the offensive. It was extremely weird to be the one wooed. He needed to do something about it. Aron was bent on fucking his husband soon, and Carter needed to sort out a lot of things before that guy’s dick got within an inch of his backside. One of them being, of course, the fact that he needed to change back with Alex and let that guy get the well-deserved dicking from his beloved ‘hubby’.

In the meantime, he needed to juggle things, and he had never been a good juggler. He needed to make sure he was not going to blow things up at Alex’s workplace, he needed to maintain Aron’s marriage to the douchebag floating, and he needed to figure out a way to get back to his own body.

How was he going to do all those without fucking up really badly? He had no idea. But he was sure as hell going to try it.

***

About one hour later, an incredible smell hit his nostrils the moment he walked into the kitchen, where he supposed Aron still was, like the dutiful, loving husband he was. He made a small sound of delight before he could control himself. Aron’s eyes were shining as they were quickly trained on him.

Carter could almost feel the need to gulp. He could not be that easy. Well, at least he had one thing in common with Aron’s real husband: they both loved lasagna.

Aron quickly wiped his hands on his pristine white apron and walked towards Carter. There was a strange dance going on between them as Aron leaned in for a kiss, and Carter had no idea how to maneuver himself in such a way that Aron would just kiss him on the cheek, instead of lips.

With a small chuckle, Aron grabbed him hard, and, for a second, their eyes met, and Carter felt the strangest thing. Like he was on the verge of suddenly feeling very sick, or just his stomach was doing flip-flops, or it was just going to become airborne and wanted to come out through his throat ...

Aron leaned in and kissed him, softly the first time. Carter could now feel his eyelids doing their own show of a hummingbird impersonation. Great. What part of his anatomy was going to misbehave next?

Err, okay. Aron just went all in for a second kiss and this time he was using tongue. And the guy’s hands were starting to wander, too, clearly aiming for his behind. Now it was not time for him to get lost in all these games. He needed to put an end to the circus. His body couldn’t handle it at all.

So he kissed back, a bit too forcibly, and with a loud smack, but at least, Aron’s tongue slipped from his mouth like a weasel.

“Well, where’s that lasagna? I’m starving,” he began talking quickly.

“Hey,” Aron cooed while embracing him. “I’m trying to offer a proper welcome here.”

There was nothing proper about the way Aron’s tongue was trying to give him a full dental inspection.

“Well, do a good job then, and put some food on the table,” he joked.

Aron frowned slightly, but only for a second. He went straight to the oven while Carter excused himself to change into some home clothes and wash away the grime of being in the fashion business for a day. Half a day. Half a work day. Whatever, he really was starving and he could not think clearly.

***

“Wow,” he said, as he patted his belly with unhidden satisfaction. “That was great, Aron. Thank you.”

“Glad you liked it. I wasn’t expecting you to call for seconds, but it was my pleasure. And I can assure you, I used 97/3 beef for the recipe. I know you would accept nothing less. Let’s watch that waistline,” Aron said with a smile.

“I’ll work out later, to compensate,” Carter waved, earning another quizzical look from Aron. “What?”

“Your ballet instructor will definitely have a fit hearing you talk so casually about working out. We don’t want bulky muscles like Arnold, Alex,” Aron spoke in a weird voice with a little lilt, probably impersonating the ballet instructor.

“Ballet?” Carter’s face fell and was now probably crumpled on the floor somewhere.

There was no way he was going to do ballet. He had two left feet, and not good left feet. He was athletic as a general rule, but grace was something that had always evaded him.

“Don’t look so down. I know that you always end up bossing poor Pedro around. I think he is grateful when he doesn’t have you in charge.”

“Ah, well ...” Carter let the sentence stop mid-way.

He was speechless. And mortified. The mere idea of being dressed up in pants tight enough to reveal the entire anatomy of all his ancestors, not only his, was making him squirm.

“So, did you manage to go see him?” Aron cleared his voice.

“Hm?” Carter asked, too caught up in his own mind.

“Please tell me you went,” Aron said, a bit sternly. “To see Carter.”

“Ah, Carter. Yeah, yeah, I was. The poor guy,” Carter shook his head. “How come I escaped only with a few scratches, and he’s fucked up so badly?”

“The details are still unclear. The driver didn’t really see you at all. Or Carter. He just felt that he hit something. Heard the sound of something smashing against the truck, according to his statement. The police don’t seem to have too many details on the circumstances.”

Carter gulped as he reached for his wine glass. It felt eerie to hear about all this.

“So, no eyewitnesses? When did it happen? Was it late in the evening?”

“I was hoping you could tell me more. But you don’t remember anything,” Aron said, his eyes drifting away for a brief second. “It happened in the afternoon, and on a narrow street. The street camera didn’t catch more than the fire truck stopping abruptly. The police said that it was an impossible angle. As for eyewitnesses, there is a girl in the footage. But she just jumped in a streetcar moments later. She must have seen something, but she didn’t stick around to offer information. The only things we know about her are that that day she wore her hair in a ponytail, and had a huge backpack. Street view cameras don’t have that great resolution, unfortunately. The police launched an appeal on their Twitter, but, so far, there was nothing.”

“Damn,” Carter took a sip from his wine. “I feel a little guilty, you know? He’s lying there, while I’m here, eating lasagna and drinking wine. How could we be both hit by that fire truck and I escape like this while he’s in a coma?”

“Maybe you were just quick to cross the street, and you weren’t that badly hit,” Aron explained, as his eyebrows furrowed. “But don’t feel guilty. I’m glad you’re okay.”

“Well, better him than me,” Carter said wryly.

The irony was apparently lost on Aron.

“I didn’t say that,” Aron murmured and looked down. “Regardless of what he said and did at our wedding … I still care about him.”

Carter could tell it was taking Aron nerves of steel to admit that in front of his husband. Why had he had to fuck up so badly that day? Why had he gotten drunk and crashed Aron’s wedding? All he could remember was that he had felt pissed as hell and that he had just needed a scapegoat for what he was feeling. Or, simply put, he was such a closeted homophobe that his best friend getting married to a dude had been needed to bring that to the surface. Was it like a reversed closet thing, maybe? If gay guys needed to get out of the closet to realize who they were, homophobe dudes in denial needed to enter the closet?

That kind of reasoning was just taking him to one of the biggest conundrums in history. Do cats eat bats? Or do bats eat cats? He shook his head. If he was going down the rabbit hole, he would rather have his wits about him. And cats ate bats. He was sure of it. Or was it the other way around?

He must have been making all kind of faces for the last minute or so because Aron was now eyeing him warily.

“Please say something,” Aron said as he stood up to clean up the table.

He really needed to get out of his own head and take care of his temporary husband and what looked like quite fragile feelings. Aron was 6.4 tall, but Carter could bet Alex was bullying the guy like there was no tomorrow.

So he reached out and caught Aron’s wrist.

“I’ll do the dishes,” he said solemnly.

Surely, his sacrifice had to count for something. He only had disposable cutlery in his home, simply because he could not bring himself to do the dishes. It was an inefficient loss of time, as far as he was concerned. There was nothing to win from washing dishes and losing precious time while doing so. Except if you were Agatha Christie and this was a way for you to come up with new ideas for your next book. No wonder the lady had felt in a murderous mood when doing that. Yeah, washing dishes sucked balls.

Aron looked at him, without saying anything. Maybe instead of washing the dishes, he needed to do something else. With a sigh, he nudged Aron to sit down.

“Look,” he started. “I know how things went down.” No, he didn’t. “But I’m not mad at him anymore.” Alex was going to throw a hissy fit when they were going to swap back. “So just feel free to talk about him, without feeling guilty.”

“Really?” Aron looked at him carefully, but somewhat hopeful. “Please, Alex, tell me this is not some new idea of yours to torture me.”

Carter bit his bottom lip hard. He felt for Aron, but it was still a bit funny to see him so pussywhipped. Cockwhipped. Asswhipped? Ah, what the fuck was the gay equivalent to that? He had always known Aron to be his own man if a little stubborn and hardheaded at times. So this was a tad funny.

“Why are you grinning?” Aron’s eyes narrowed.

Carter quickly schooled his face to a more neutral expression.

“Sorry, I have a scattered brain these days.” At least, that was partially true. “What I mean to say is that you can talk about Carter. I have no issue with it.”

“Okay,” Aron spoke, although clearly not completely convinced. “And just know that everything is in the past anyway. And that you have no reason to feel insecure.”

Carter smiled. There, there, everything was fine. Wait, insecure? What was that supposed to mean?

“Why should I feel insecure?”

Aron shot him a strange glance.

“You know, about what I told you about Carter. I suppose that set you off more than the words he threw at us at the wedding. Although the guests were pretty much mortified. Really, how much of a cliché can I be?” Aron smiled ruefully as he ran one hand through his short black hair.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Carter murmured and, for some reason, his eyes remained glued to Aron’s mouth.

In passing, Aron wiped his bottom lip with one thumb. It was like he was trying to keep himself from smiling. A fond smile, with just a smidge of irony in it. Self-deprecating a little.

“You know,” Aron let his shoulders fall and looked away.

He could swear the guy was embarrassed. But for the love of all that was holy, he could not imagine why. So he just asked.

“Why?”

“Why what?” Aron tried to dodge the question.

“Why would you consider yourself to be a cliché?”

“Eh,” Aron pursed his lips. “Come on, we’ve all been there. Well, probably not you. Do you really need me to spell it? And you already know, it’s just that you are either blocking that particular weird and uncomfortable conversation we had, or you just enjoy seeing me squirm.”

“Aron.”

Hubby.

Jeesh, that was never going to grow old. Back on track, Carter, back on track, now there’s no point to dally on distractions, we’re on to something here. Maybe we’re going to find out why Aron doesn’t really hate us.

Why on Earth was he talking to himself like a bad impersonation of Deadpool?

Back on the fucking track.

“Aron. Just tell me. Come on. The truth will set you free. What cliché are you talking about?”

Aron linked his fingers and pressed both hands against his chest like he was just preparing for a sudden strike.

“You know. Me. The gay guy. Crushing on my straight best friend.”

Carter could swear the room just made a sudden tilt and swerve.

“Say what? What best friend?”

His IQ was searching its soul right now. There was nothing there, but a vast ocean of nothing. Maybe one last neuron was still standing. Last nervous cell standing. Sounded like the title of a B-rated horror movie. Or C.

Aron stopped his mental ramblings.

“Quit playing, Alex. I’m talking about me crushing on Carter.”

TBC

 

I so hope you're not going to throw things at me after this chapter! But, well, this is how this is going to be played and I promise, I have no regrets! Thanks a lot for reading, commenting, reacting in any way. There's no greater reward for an author than to hear from people who take the time to read their works.

Until next time,

Hugs and kisses,

Laura.

 

I also have a Patreon account, where people who feel inclined can come support me while writing these stories. I offer my patrons complete books, and extras, to make their support worthwhile. If that is something you would like to do, or you just want to check out my page, here is the address:

 

https://www.patreon.com/laurasfox

Copyright © 2018 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 13
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Yes!! Carter is trying to fix this douchebags life for him. Honestly Alex should just stay in that coma

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I mean....

I mean....

Aron’s feelings for Carter at least justifies Alex’s making Aron choose between their relationship and Carter as well as banning mention of Carter in their home; it’s childish and reeks of insecurity but there’s a basis.

Carter/Alex needs to get the all clear on those STD results.  I want Aron to turn him out!!  The sex between those two besties is going to be better than anything Aron ever had with his “Hubby”.

I’m really looking forward to how this will be straightened out, Laura and who will be with whom at the end.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yes!! Carter is trying to fix this douchebags life for him. Honestly Alex should just stay in that coma

 

Ha, ha, I hesitated between 'love' and 'lol' on this comment, and I chose the former. Yeah, Carter will do his best, that's what he always does :)

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, FanLit said:

I mean....

I mean....

Aron’s feelings for Carter at least justifies Alex’s making Aron choose between their relationship and Carter as well as banning mention of Carter in their home; it’s childish and reeks of insecurity but there’s a basis.

Carter/Alex needs to get the all clear on those STD results.  I want Aron to turn him out!!  The sex between those two besties is going to be better than anything Aron ever had with his “Hubby”.

I’m really looking forward to how this will be straightened out, Laura and who will be with whom at the end.

 

Yes, my friend, you are correct, and Alex's insecurities won't be the only problem. As for the sexy bits, he, he, I have to ask for apologies in advance, and in Carter's name, as he will navigate the sea of 'temptations' that will lie in front of him. In other words, it will take a little bit for them to get there.

 

Thank you for your comment, and for sticking with me on this story!

 

Hugs!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
FanLit

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Laura S. Fox said:

 

Yes, my friend, you are correct, and Alex's insecurities won't be the only problem. As for the sexy bits, he, he, I have to ask for apologies in advance, and in Carter's name, as he will navigate the sea of 'temptations' that will lie in front of him. In other words, it will take a little bit for them to get there.

 

Thank you for your comment, and for sticking with me on this story!

 

Hugs!

I don’t mind the wait on the hanky panky, Laura, anticipation will make the actual event all the hotter. 💥 😉  The ride you’re taking us on via the glimpse into Aron and Alex’s marriage is enough of a diversion.  

The impression Carter gave of Aron prior to his marriage was of a strong minded, dependable person, not one to fall for the narcissistic tantrums of an insecure diva.  For all of its dysfunction and appearance that it should be over, I hope something points to a more internally appealing Alex who did love Aron at one point.  (maybe still does in his own way?)

I mean, Alex couldn’t say Aron got him pregnant so something of worth had to have walked Aron down that aisle. 

Edited by FanLit
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

You're going to drag out Carter giving in to Aron's advances for like 10 more chapters, aren't you? We authors can be some sadistic mofos. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On 7/1/2018 at 9:00 PM, FanLit said:

I don’t mind the wait on the hanky panky, Laura, anticipation will make the actual event all the hotter. 💥 😉  The ride you’re taking us on via the glimpse into Aron and Alex’s marriage is enough of a diversion.  

The impression Carter gave of Aron prior to his marriage was of a strong minded, dependable person, not one to fall for the narcissistic tantrums of an insecure diva.  For all of its dysfunction and appearance that it should be over, I hope something points to a more internally appealing Alex who did love Aron at one point.  (maybe still does in his own way?)

I mean, Alex couldn’t say Aron got him pregnant so something of worth had to have walked Aron down that aisle. 

 

He, he, that would have been something, I mean Aron getting Alex knocked up :)), which reminds me of that scene in Queer as Folk, when Brian asks Justin to marry him, and Michael's mom exclaims: "Oh, no, Brian got Sunshine pregnant!" 

 

You are very much correct in your assumption. Something did prompt Aron to walk down the aisle, but as for what ... I will just let it be a surprise of what I hope would be decent proportions, just not to say anything else.

 

Thank you for all the insight! It is much appreciated!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 7/1/2018 at 9:37 PM, JayT said:

You're going to drag out Carter giving in to Aron's advances for like 10 more chapters, aren't you? We authors can be some sadistic mofos. 

 

Well, I guess now I should start counting! :)) Not out od sadism, I promise! It's just like a difficult soccer game for Carter, until he gets to, ahem, score, it will just take a while. Especially since he cannot understand what team he's playing for.

 

Thanks for the fun comment! I did lol'ed!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

First, Carter starts to see Aron as handsome and to enjoy a taste of gay sex. Now, he shows concern about Aron's welfare by getting tested and by wanting to help preserve Aron's marriage.  Finally, he learns that Aron cooks lasagna!  😁

 

The unicorns are getting saddled!  (Hey, Carter, you may like the stirrups!)  😂

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 7/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, travlbug said:

First, Carter starts to see Aron as handsome and to enjoy a taste of gay sex. Now, he shows concern about Aron's welfare by getting tested and by wanting to help preserve Aron's marriage.  Finally, he learns that Aron cooks lasagna!  😁

 

The unicorns are getting saddled!  (Hey, Carter, you may like the stirrups!)  😂

 

Yes, yes, Carter is showing progress, and hey, who wouldn't like lasagna? He's no match for Aron, he, he. 

 

As for the unicorns, yeap, they're ready to roll.

 

All the love, I adore your comments! They make my day!

Edited by Laura S. Fox
  • Love 2
Link to comment

This is quite the rabbit hole that Carter has fallen in.  I can’t wait to find out who has their head separated from their shoulders.   And who is the jaberwockie in this whole affair???   Keep us in this mad, mad tea party and thank you!!!  

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 7/2/2018 at 12:07 AM, glennish said:

This is quite the rabbit hole that Carter has fallen in.  I can’t wait to find out who has their head separated from their shoulders.   And who is the jaberwockie in this whole affair???   Keep us in this mad, mad tea party and thank you!!!  

 

Thank you for your very Alice-esque comment! And I'm so glad you joined my mad tea party! As for the jaberwockie, all that is known is that it must be slain, without fail! 

 

Until next time,

Hugs!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

So that revelation at the end, makes me desire even more for poor Carter to get his own body back and get with Aron.  Alex seems extremely toxic and I still don’t get their relationship. 

 

I will say Carter’s self-denial is something I can’t really relate to.  It took me almost my entire teen years to finally figure out what I liked, but I was always aware of the attraction.  Carter is so far in the closet his jealousy manifested itself as homophobia.  Is there a reason Carter is so out of touch like this?  

 

Also, this story isn’t classified as a mystery or anything, but I definitely got a hint of something nefarious going on when they were hit by the truck.  What the heck really happened to Carter?  Did Alex push him? 

 

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, FanLit said:

I don’t mind the wait on the hanky panky, Laura, anticipation will make the actual event all the hotter. 💥 😉  The ride you’re taking us on via the glimpse into Aron and Alex’s marriage is enough of a diversion.  

The impression Carter gave of Aron prior to his marriage was of a strong minded, dependable person, not one to fall for the narcissistic tantrums of an insecure diva.  For all of its dysfunction and appearance that it should be over, I hope something points to a more internally appealing Alex who did love Aron at one point.  (maybe still does in his own way?)

I mean, Alex couldn’t say Aron got him pregnant so something of worth had to have walked Aron down that aisle. 

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, BerryRedBear said:

something of worth had to have walked Aron down that aisle. 

Uuuh...the Money? 

Carter has hinted that Aron comes from money. Maybe Alex sees Aron as his retirement plan.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, BerryRedBear said:

Uuuh...the Money? 

Carter has hinted that Aron comes from money. Maybe Alex sees Aron as his retirement plan.

 

That would be Alex's motivation, presumably :) But sorry if I'll keep you guys waiting to see why Aron did it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, spikey582 said:

So that revelation at the end, makes me desire even more for poor Carter to get his own body back and get with Aron.  Alex seems extremely toxic and I still don’t get their relationship. 

 

I will say Carter’s self-denial is something I can’t really relate to.  It took me almost my entire teen years to finally figure out what I liked, but I was always aware of the attraction.  Carter is so far in the closet his jealousy manifested itself as homophobia.  Is there a reason Carter is so out of touch like this?  

 

Also, this story isn’t classified as a mystery or anything, but I definitely got a hint of something nefarious going on when they were hit by the truck.  What the heck really happened to Carter?  Did Alex push him? 

 

 

 

First of all, thank you for your comment! I understand how Carter's denial may come across as something out of the ordinary. I hope that as more of the character's personality is revealed, especially through other people's eyes, not his, because we're never our own most objective judges, more of his behavior will make sense. 

 

As for the mystery part - eh, I'm not going to answer your question, since what happened during the accident is the crux of the matter, so to speak, and I would practically reveal the ending - thanks for pointing out the lack of a corresponding tag. I lived under the impression that I had to choose only two major tags, so I went for comedy and romance, as the genres went. But now I edited and updated them with both mystery and paranormal, so thanks for the suggestion :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, BerryRedBear said:

Uuuh...the Money? 

Carter has hinted that Aron comes from money. Maybe Alex sees Aron as his retirement plan.

Uuuh...My query was for what made Aron marry Alex. 😉

  • Like 2
Link to comment

LOL, I can't really say it came as a surprise that the two best friends were in love with each other but refused to admit it. Carter should make a decision to stay in Alex' body and be the hubby Aron deserves. I doubt Alex will let Aron go even if Carter came back to himself and confessed his undying love for Aron. The big decision is whether to tell Aron the truth. It might make a lot of things easier, including telling him Alex was cheating on him.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

LOL, I can't really say it came as a surprise that the two best friends were in love with each other but refused to admit it. Carter should make a decision to stay in Alex' body and be the hubby Aron deserves. I doubt Alex will let Aron go even if Carter came back to himself and confessed his undying love for Aron. The big decision is whether to tell Aron the truth. It might make a lot of things easier, including telling him Alex was cheating on him.

 

Ah, but things are never that easy ... Lol, that's just me thinking about my very complicated plot. Yes, you are correct, they could not just admit that they were in love with each other. Well, Carter might not be well aware of that, but that is the absolute truth. And you're also right about Alex not letting go of Aron that easily :)

 

Thanks a lot for dropping by and leaving a comment!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think that sneaky as you are, you are working on a menage a trois here. The problem I see with that would be Carter. When he comes back to the living what is his reaction to the developing affair between the supposed friends? Your story seems to be ending up with the wrong people married!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

I think that sneaky as you are, you are working on a menage a trois here. The problem I see with that would be Carter. When he comes back to the living what is his reaction to the developing affair between the supposed friends? Your story seems to be ending up with the wrong people married!

 

Ha, ha, yes, I did think that it would be the weirdest threesome in the history! As for the wrong people being married ... That is exactly the point! ;) But the story will end ... You will see :))

  • Love 1
Link to comment

No surprise that Alex is a dick. Also no surprise that Aron was in love with Carter. Just waiting for Carter to realise that he was in love with Aron all along too... Also, Deadpool reference! Don't suppose you've read my Spideypool fic? :) /shameless plug

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

No surprise that Alex is a dick. Also no surprise that Aron was in love with Carter. Just waiting for Carter to realise that he was in love with Aron all along too... Also, Deadpool reference! Don't suppose you've read my Spideypool fic? :) /shameless plug

 

I haven't read it, but thanks for the rec! I love Spideypool!

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..