Jump to content
    LemonFresh
  • Author
  • 585 Words
  • 1,074 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Treaty of Night - Prologue. Prologue

Adam felt as though his heart was on fire, he had been running nonstop for almost an hour with the creature never letting up. He felt as though it was acid and not blood coursing through his veins, but he knew no matter what, he couldn't stop.

He looked back over his shoulder. The shadow of the beast was still visible on the wall of the ally, still chasing, never slowing. It was dead set on its prey. He continued to run tripping slightly over an empty bottle left lying in the middle of the ally. He turned another corner to find himself now on a busy street, but he knew even this wouldn't slow his pursuer. He continued to push past the crowd, hoping to lose him, but he would have no luck. The creature could sense his target for miles and it would not fail to capture the boy; far more depended on his destruction than either of the two knew.

Finding another alley, He turned once again to try to lose the beast in the twist and turns of the alley ways of the streets of L.A. He began weaving in and out, past the back doors of various shops. The night air cooling the sweat on his face as he pushed himself harder and harder, his breathing was becoming more painful with each step but he couldn't slow not after what he had seen. He wasn't even fully sure what he had seen himself. There was no way to explain it. And the perusing creature would stop at nothing to make sure he never had the chance to, either. The boy now held one of the biggest secrets ever kept, a secret that went back hundreds of years.

Adam began knocking over trash cans and any other objects he could find, hoping in vain to slow the nightmarish figure behind him he heard a snarl as it began to gain on him. He saw the black savage eyes contrasting to the glistening white fangs, wet with saliva. The creature was now on all fours pushing closer and closer to him.

He began screaming out loud, hoping to gain the attention of someone, but nothing but silence and the beast answered his call. He had found himself in an empty side alley of the city and there was no one here to rescue him. There were no witnesses. He had given this creature exactly what he needed.

He couldn't keep it up any longer. His legs gave out; he collapsed on the alley floor and waited for the beast to claim its prey. But after a few seconds of heavy breathing, there was nothing. He looked up to see what had become of his attacker, but all that was present was a sleeping bum leaned against an alley wall. He got up and waited for a few seconds. Could he have possibly lost him?

He began to slowly make his way back to the main street when he heard a low rumbling growl come from behind him. He turned to see the black eyes of the nightmare staring back at him. The sleeping bum was no more; the monster now took his place. He felt the heat of the breath of the creature as his mouth opened to deliver him to an eternal slumber. He backed up to the wall, too scared and tired to run anymore. The creature stepped forward snarling. Adam closed his eyes and awaited his death.

Copyright © 2011 LemonFresh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..