Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,177 Words
  • 2,204 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Haunted Love - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Hideki woke up to the sound of hushed tones, and the feel of a warm hand holding his. A splitting pain arced through his head, and he groaned.

“Hyde,” Haru’s warm voice filled his head, and he risked opening his eyes. “Oh thank God you’re awake. You’ve been out for hours.”

Hideki squeezed Haru’s hand.

They were in his bedroom. Haru sat on the edge of the bed, studying him, worry lines on his smooth forehead. Hideki smiled and reached up with his free hand to rub them away.

“Haru,” he chided. “Stop worrying. I’m fine.”

“Someone tried to take you away again. How can you be fine?” Haru asked, shaking his head. “What do they want?”

Hideki sighed and moved to sit up.

Haru helped him arrange pillows behind his back. Moving closer, his hands shaking, Haru stroked back Hideki’s hair. Touching his forehead to Hideki’s, Haru closed his eyes.

“I don’t know what I’d do if something happened to you,” Haru said in a sad whisper.

Hideki pulled Haru into his arms, hugging him tight. He rubbed Haru’s back when the younger man broke into soft sobs and buried his face into Hideki’s shoulder.

It was still dark outside, the clock at his bedside table said it was ten minutes past two. Haru must have come back with him from the club.

The door opened, and he stared at the man who walked in. The rugged man who’d fought off his assailant. He stiffened, his grip on Haru tightening slightly, before he let him go.

Haru sniffed and wiped his eyes before he sat back.

“I’m sorry. It was so hard to see you passed out and not responding for hours.”

“I’m fine,” Hideki said, managing a slight smile for Haru, though his gaze stayed on the man standing by the door. “You should try and get some sleep, Haru.”

Haru sighed and took in a deep breath.

“Can I—,” Haru stopped and stared at Hideki.

Hideki dragged his gaze away from the man at the door. He managed a smile for Haru.

“Sleep here if you like. I could use the company.”

Haru’s answering smile was wide.

“Let me grab a shower, then I’ll be right back. Don’t move. You still need your rest.”

Hideki chuckled as Haru rushed to his private bathroom, slamming the door closed in his excitement.

Damn his head was throbbing.

Hideki rubbed his eyes, sliding his feet over the bed, he wondered what had been put in that rug pressed against his nose and mouth. The scent had made him feel sick.

“The boy is right, you’re not ready to move yet,” the man at the door said, walking in slowly. “I’ve asked the staff to bring you a painkiller, and soup. You should eat. It will help settle your stomach.”

“Who are you?” Hideki asked, though he suspected.

His father had reached out to a friend the week before, asking for help.

“Kazuma Daiko,” the man said with a slight bow of his head.

Kazuma looked unkempt. He’d definitely not thought to shave for a week or so.

“Thanks for saving me,” Hideki said, his tone dismissive.

He’d long accepted his way of life. Bodyguards came and went. He hoped his father wouldn’t fire Patrick and Daniel. He liked them.

Kazuma didn’t move to leave. He stood there watching him.

“I said thanks,” Hideki said, meeting a cold dark gaze. “You can leave now.”

“Did you see the man who attacked you?” Kazuma asked.

Hideki frowned.

“Why?”

“He wasn’t wearing a mask. Have you seen him before?” Kazuma asked.

Hideki shook his head.

“No. I thought he was going to the bathroom. We were in a club, you know. He caught me by surprise when he suddenly grabbed me from the back. I couldn’t push him off.”

Kazuma nodded.

“Fine, get some rest. Make sure you eat the soup. We’ll talk more in the morning. We need to make changes.”

Kazuma turned then and left his bedroom without another word.

Hideki scoffed at that last remark.

Yeah right, he wasn’t going to allow any changes.

What an odd man.

Haru came out of the bathroom, freshly scrubbed. He looked happier. A towel wrapped around his hips.

Hideki got to his feet using the bedside table to steady himself. He felt a tad dizzy.

Haru rushed to his side.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to change out of these clothes,” Hideki said with a sigh. “Damn, I feel tired.”

“Please sit down.” Haru pushed him back and he sat on the edge of the bed. “I’ll help you change.”

“Are you sure you just don’t want to see me naked?”

“I do want to see you naked but I don’t think you’re in a state to do anything more than sleep tonight.”

Haru helped him remove his t-shirt and his jeans. Together, they pulled the white covers back, and Hideki slipped between the sheets. They felt cool against his skin, it was comforting. Lying back on the pillows, Hideki let out a soft sigh when Haru pulled the covers over him.

A knock came on the door, and the housekeeper walked in.

Aoki carried a tray with a glass of water and a bowl. She’d been part of the Takada household since Hideki was a baby. Hideki liked to imagine she was his mother.

“How are you boys doing?” she said, she came to place the tray on his bedside table.

“He’s doing better now,” Haru said, then went to the closet to dress.

“Oh, our Hyde,” Aoki said, touching his forehead with a warm palm. “Sit up. I brought you soup, and medicine to take away the headache.”

“Maybe only the medicine,” Hideki said, taking the painkiller from her, he popped it into his mouth. Drinking the water, he handed her the glass and frowned when she held out the bowl too.

“The new bodyguard, Kazuma, he is right. Medicine on an empty stomach won’t help you.” Aoki took his hand and made him take the bowl. “I like him.”

Hideki shook his head.

“You like anyone who forces me to eat.”

Aoki smiled and waited.

Hideki sighed. From experience, he knew not to cross Aoki. She didn’t take no for an answer. Tipping the bowl to his lips, he sipped the warm Miso soup. She’d made it perfect as always. He drank it all fast, suddenly realizing he hadn’t gotten to eat dinner.

Aoki nodded her head in approval when he handed her the empty bowl.

“Get some sleep now,” she said, touching his forehead again.

The gesture wasn’t one to check his temperature, but one of comfort. She must have been worried.

“I’m fine,” Hideki said.

“You’re always fine,” Aoki said, getting to her feet. “You could fall down the stairs, and you’ll say you’re fine. This child…” She shook her head, taking the tray with her. “Haru-chan, watch over him. I’ll see you two at breakfast in the morning.”

Hideki watched her leave his bedroom.

“Feel better?” Haru asked, sliding into the bed beside him. Haru had borrowed a t-shirt and boxer shorts from Hideki’s closet.

“Much,” Hideki said, leaning his head back on the headboard. “Was it bad?”

He didn’t need to say at the club. Haru shivered and moved to rest his head on Hideki’s shoulder.

“I thought you were dead when that new guy carried you out.” Haru sighed. “Jin freaked too, but Kazuma kept us all in check. He got you out of the club in record time. No one noticed what was happening. We drove here fast in these black Landrovers I’ve never seen before. Is your father changing his fleet of cars?”

Hideki shifted so that he could wrap his left arm around Haru. He sank his fingers into Haru’s soft black hair.

“The cars probably belong to the new security company.”

“Your father must be really worried to get a new security team,” Haru said, his voice heavy with sleep. “Hyde, don’t cut me out even if things get complicated. Promise me.”

“Haru,” Hideki started to protest.

“With all these kidnapping attempts, it feels like we’re going to have a hard time.” Haru lifted his head slightly to meet his gaze. “Don’t push me away, Hideki, no matter how hard it gets. Promise me.”

Hideki sighed unable to resist Haru’s imploring eyes.

“Alright, I promise.”

Haru nodded and pressed a light kiss on Hideki’s jaw.

***

Kazuma walked into Hideki’s room on silent feet. He was surprised to find Hideki deep asleep, his arms wrapped around Haru. It looked like a lover’s embrace. Hope flared and he squelched it fast. Walking to the open windows, he closed them, wondering why they didn’t have blinds or curtains. Stealing another glance at a sleeping Hideki, he couldn’t help the flash of jealousy whipping through him.

He wondered how close the boy and Hideki were, would their relationship last?

Kazuma frowned at his thoughts. Leaving the bedroom, he closed the door and nodded at the two men posted in the corridor.

Kazuma continued to the stairs.

His phone beeped an alert. He checked it to find it was his morning alarm. He wasn’t surprised to see that it was five o’clock in the morning. Going down the stairs, he headed to the security offices in the back of the house on the ground floor.

“Kazuma.”

He stopped right outside the security room to see Riku Takada at the kitchen entrance.

“Sir,” Kazuma said.

“Can we talk for a bit?” Riku asked, indicating for Kazuma to follow him into the kitchen.

Kazuma nodded and headed to the kitchen.

He found Riku pouring coffee into two black mugs. Riku was dressed for the office in a tailored dark blue suit.

“Milk or sugar?” Riku asked, glancing at him for confirmation.

“None thanks,” Kazuma said.

He’d not had any sleep. He needed the straight caffeine to keep him awake.

Riku took both mugs and brought them to the island table in the middle of the room. Kazuma took the mug Riku extended to him, and pulled out a chair across Riku.

“Thank you for saving my son,” Riku said, after they settled into quiet silence. “That man is in custody?”

“Yes. There is an inspector in charge of the case. They can only charge the assailant with assault, and interrogate him on his motives.”

“He won’t talk,” Riku said with a sigh. “We’ve caught many. They prefer to go to jail than say who sent them. I have many enemies, Kazuma.”

Kazuma studied Riku Takada. The man was in his early fifties. He kept fit, had taken care of his health so he looked younger than his actual years. His eyes were kind, though there was sadness in their shadows.

Riku sat upright, his shoulders straight. He was a man confident of his status in life, but when he spoke of his son, his shoulders slumped slightly.

“Hideki,” Riku said, his gaze on his coffee cup. “He is not one to complain, but I know this is hard on him. Please take care of him, and don’t make it too difficult for him to breathe.”

“His life is in danger.” Kazuma felt compelled to state that. “His lifestyle has to change, Sir.”

“I know,” Riku said, lifting his gaze to meet Kazuma’s, “but protecting him shouldn’t become stifling. It isn’t his fault his father does business with crazy people.”

Kazuma frowned.

Riku felt guilt. He recognized it having lived with guilt for a year.

Hideki hadn’t complained once after he’d woken up from being drugged. He’d taken Kazuma’s presence in stride.

The son took it as a way of life, while the father felt burdened.

“I’ll do everything I can to keep your son safe,” Kazuma said.

Riku smiled and nodded.

“Phillip said you took your work seriously. Do what you can, just know I’ll more than likely side with Hideki in an argument.”

Kazuma returned the smile.

“As you should, you’re his father.”

Riku chuckled and sipped his coffee for the first time.

“I feel relieved you’re here.”

Kazuma sipped his coffee too, a heavy weight settling on his shoulders.

The promises to the parents were hardest to keep, he thought, the most painful to bear.

***

Kazuma managed to grab a few hours of sleep after Riku left. He woke up at ten o’clock and spent the rest of his morning rechecking Hideki’s schedule and making security changes. In the afternoon, Kazuma found Hideki reading in the dining room.

“Take this,” Kazuma said, holding out a silver coin.

Hideki glanced up from the book he was reading.

“What is it?”

“A panic button,” Kazuma said. “In case you’re in trouble again.”

Hideki placed his book on the table and took the coin, holding it up between his index finger and thumb.

“Saint Jude,” Hideki read out. “Who is that?”

“No one special,” Kazuma said. “Where is your friend?”

“He went to see his plants,” Hideki answered, when Kazuma lifted his brow, Hideki chuckled. “Haru owns a flower shop and takes care of green houses. He lives next door. Please don’t make it hard for him to find me.”

“Is he your lover?” Kazuma asked, wanting to know.

Hideki closed his fingers over the coin and shifted in his seat to study him.

“Does that bother you?”

“Not at all,” Kazuma said, his hands in his pockets.

He was jealous of Haru, but Hideki didn’t need to know that.

Hideki stared at him for a moment then shrugged.

“We’re not an item, if that’s what you’re wondering. Haru is my best friend. Our relationship is complicated. Don’t try to understand it.”

Kazuma wondered what that meant.

“I want to review changes in your schedule with you.”

Hideki closed his book and pushed the cup of coffee he’d been drinking aside.

“I don’t want to change my schedule.”

“You need to,” Kazuma said, pulling out a chair across Hideki. He sat down and met hostile brown eyes. “The man who attacked you last night got to you too easily.”

Hideki rubbed his forehead and leaned his elbows on the table.

“I have obligations…office hours to keep, people to meet, assets to check on. My day changes a lot.”

“But there are constants,” Kazuma said, his tone gentle. “Every Monday, you end up at the club with Haru and Jin after hours. On Wednesday evenings, you go to the dojo to see Master Shim, and Friday evenings, you take your office workers to the Italian restaurant at the Lunar Plaza.”

Hideki sat back in his seat.

“So you’re saying someone has studied what I do, and is timing me.”

“Yes.”

“Shouldn’t we use that?” Hideki asked.

“Not if we want to keep you safe.”

“I don’t want to be safe,” Hideki said, surprising Kazuma. “I want the people who want to kidnap me caught. I can’t do that by hiding so you do it.”

“Do what?” Kazuma asked, wondering if Hideki wasn’t a tad crazy.

Most people preferred to find the easiest way out. Hiding was the easiest thing to do.

“Keep me safe and catch these people,” Hideki said, meeting Kazuma’s gaze. “My father says you’re the best. If that is true, I shouldn’t have to change my schedule, or hide.”

Well, well, Kazuma thought a tad impressed.

Hideki was challenging him.

Kazuma leaned his elbows on the dining table, holding Hideki’s gaze.

“I’ll only agree to this plan if you promise to do what I say without complaints.”

“I don’t complain,” Hideki said. “If something pisses me off, I’ll walk away.”

“You never walk away from me, ever,” Kazuma warned, his tone hard.

Hideki gaped.

“You—

“You walk away from me, and I leave,” Kazuma stated.

Hideki sighed.

“Fine, no walking away from you,” he said with a frown.

“Good.” Kazuma smiled. “I think we’ll get along fine.”

Hideki studied him for a moment then picked up his book.

“I’m glad we had this talk. Are you keeping Daniel and Patrick?”

“Of course,” Kazuma said, as he pushed his chair back and got up.

He saw a slight smile flash on Hideki’s lips and he scoffed.

“Do you like them that much?”

Hideki opened his book to his page.

“I’m used to them.”

Kazuma smiled and gave the younger man a small bow before he left the dining room.

***

Two weeks into the assignment, Kazuma found he liked watching over Hideki Takada.

Hideki worked a full day in his office at the Lunar Plaza. Kazuma was pleasantly surprised to find out that Hideki owned a thriving merchandising business. Hideki shipped in goods from around the world, and sold them in different department stores in the country. His office had ten employees, and they all liked Hideki as an individual.

Kazuma could understand why

For a rich kid, Hideki was down-to-earth, and very open-minded. Hideki’s business was separate from the enterprises owned by Hideki’s father. Phillip had told Kazuma that Hideki was trying his best to build his own company from scratch.

Kazuma watched the surrounding buildings using a pair of binoculars. There had been no incidences since the club. Hideki’s assailant was behind bars and had refused to share anymore about why he’d tried to kidnap Hideki. The lack of information made Kazuma nervous.

Scanning the surrounding buildings again, he found nothing out of the ordinary. No snipers on the roof, no peeping toms with binoculars except him…he let out a sigh and wondered what was going on.

Five minutes later, he left the roof, and went down a flight of stairs to Hideki’s floor. The office was bustling, staff on the phones answering calls: making orders…taking orders. He glanced at the front entrance. Two of his men prowled the area, their earpieces on in case of any developments.

Patrick and Daniel were downstairs. They checked the building perimeter, reporting any suspicious people.

Kazuma greeted Hideki’s secretary as he walked by her desk. She blushed and gave him a quick nod indicating that Hideki was alone.

He entered Hideki’s office with a swift knock.

“Checking on me,” Hideki asked, when he closed the door behind him. “I’m still here.”

Hideki sat behind a glass table, working at his computer.

“Are you hungry?” Kazuma asked, glancing at his watch.

It was almost one o’clock. Hideki had a habit of forgetting lunch and working straight through the day.

“Is it lunchtime already?” Hideki asked, stretching his arms over his head. “Damn, I’m stiff.”

Kazuma moved around Hideki’s desk. Putting his cell phone in his pocket, he placed his hands on Hideki’s shoulders.

Hideki dropped his arms.

“What are you doing?”

“Relax,” Kazuma said, his fingers digging into tense shoulder muscles. He had a lot of experience with stiff muscles. “You shouldn’t sit for so long.”

Hideki let a moan slip when Kazuma’s nimble fingers worked out a knot.

“What kind of bodyguard are you?”

Kazuma kept massaging Hideki’s shoulders and neck over the tailored lime-green shirt Hideki wore.

“Why do you ask?”

Hideki relaxed slightly.

“I don’t know. I haven’t heard of a bodyguard who offers massages, Kazuma-san. You worry about lunch. You get me out of the office on time. I’m starting to think of you as my personal assistant.”

“I’m only doing my job, Master Hideki.”

“Hyde,” Hideki said. “Everyone calls me Hyde.”

“Why?” Kazuma asked, curious about the nickname.

Hideki shrugged.

“Just ‘coz, you ask a lot of questions. Do you know that?”

“It’s the only way to learn,” Kazuma answered, smiling when Hideki leaned into his touch.

“I suppose you’re right.”

Kazuma ended his massage and stepped away from Hideki’s chair.

“Do you want me to order in?” Kazuma asked.

Hideki shook his head and got up.

“Let’s go out for lunch.”

“Where?” Kazuma asked, already thinking about the restaurants close to the Lunar Plaza.

“Within,” Hideki said as he wore his suit jacket. He looked dashing in a dark suit, his hair falling over his left brow. “I’m sure you’re already calculating the risks of me stepping out of this building. I hope you like Italian.”

Hideki was choosing to go into the Italian restaurant inside the Lunar Plaza.

Kazuma was glad for that.

“Are you taking anyone?”

“You,” Hideki said, with a small mischievous smile. Taking his wallet from the top drawer of his desk, he headed toward the door. “Come a long, strange bodyguard, I’ll feed you today.”

Kazuma grinned and followed his young boss out the door.

***

“Who is Aunt Naoki?” Kazuma asked.

They were seated at a secluded table in the Italian restaurant on the second floor of the building.

Hideki took a healthy bite of his fettuccine, savoring the sauce, his focus on his food.

“How do you know her?” Hideki asked, when he swallowed his food.

“Jin was going to call her for you that night you were at the club,” Kazuma said.

“Were you eavesdropping?”

“It’s my job,” Kazuma said.

There was no hint of remorse, or guilt.

Hideki liked that about Kazuma, his absolute dedication to the job. Strange how he’d never noticed it with Patrick and Daniel. Not that they weren’t dedicated to their jobs, but he’d never cared to notice it. Not the way he noticed with Kazuma.

Placing his fork down, Hideki reached for his napkin.

“Aunt Naoki to Jin and Haru,” Hideki said. “She is my mother.”

Lines appeared on Kazuma’s smooth face and Hideki smiled.

“Worried she might be the one who is attacking me?” Hideki asked.

“Your father didn’t mention that you see your mother.”

“He wouldn’t,” Hideki said, sipping his apple juice. “My mother’s topic is sensitive. It has always been since I was a child. My father doesn’t like talking about her.”

“Can I ask why?”

Hideki glanced at Kazuma.

“For what reason?” he asked.

“I need to know if she might know who is behind your kidnap attempts.”

“She won’t know,” Hideki said.

When Kazuma lifted a brow at him, he sighed.

“Fine, Naoki is too involved with her other family to care about me or my father. She is married to another man, and has a daughter.”

“Why don’t we know this?”

Hideki sat back in his chair.

“Because she was struck out of the family registry, and her existence matters only to me.”

Hideki looked around the quiet restaurant. He didn’t like discussing his mother because it hurt. He’d spent five years trying to find her. When he discovered she’d remarried and started a new family, he’d been seventeen and angry. Thinking she hated him, he watched her from a far, refusing to approach her despite Haru’s urging that he meet her. He finally met her face-to-face at the age of twenty.

Naoki had cried hard sobs that still shook him at the memory of them.

“Please don’t look into her,” Hideki said. “She’s living a quiet life, a happy life. It wouldn’t do to worry her about me.”

“Does she own a restaurant?” Kazuma asked.

“Yes. On the outskirts of town,” Hideki said, his gaze on his unfinished food. “Haru, Jin and I go there occasionally. She’s a great cook.”

“Will you take me sometime?” Kazuma asked.

Hideki glanced up to meet warm dark eyes. Kazuma was promising not to pry without his permission. He smiled and picked up his fork.

“And why would I do that?”

“Because, I’ve already met your father,” Kazuma said. “You have the same built and the same dedication to your work. I would like to see what you got from your mother.”

Hideki smiled.

“My eyes,” he said. “Or so my father tells me.”

“Does your father visit her?”

Hideki shook his head.

“I don’t know. He’s never mentioned it to me.”

Kazuma nodded, and then took a bite of his own food.

“Mmm…this is good.”

Hideki chuckled.

Kazuma glanced at him in question and Hideki shook his head.

“You pry into my life every second of every hour. The most you’ve given me about you is that you think the Fettuccine is good.”

Kazuma swallowed his food.

“It’s more than most people get,” Kazuma told him.

“Why? Are you protecting your identity?”

“I don’t need to,” Kazuma said. “Not many people ask about me in this process. They’re more concerned with whom I’m protecting.”

“Would you tell me if I were to ask?”

Kazuma studied him for a moment.

“What do you want to know?”

Hideki smiled.

“Are you married?”

Kazuma shook his head.

“No.”

“Girlfriend?”

“I prefer boyfriends, but I’m single.”

Hideki nodded.

“Where do you come from?”

“Kobe,” Kazuma said. “I have one older sister. She’s married to a hardworking man. They have one daughter.”

“You must care about them very much.”

“I do,” Kazuma said.

Hideki sipped his juice, then asked, “How many people have you guarded in your career?”

Kazuma held Hideki’s gaze.

“I’ll estimate it to fifteen. I didn’t always work alone. Some jobs were done as a group assignment.”

Hideki nodded in understanding.

“Of those fifteen, how many made it through a dangerous situation?”

“Are you asking me how many died under my care?”

Hideki stared at Kazuma unsure whether he wanted such an answer. It would be difficult to have failed someone. To have that person be dead when you’d promised to keep them alive.

“You don’t have to tell me—

“One,” Kazuma said in a quiet tone.

The expression on Kazuma’s face made Hideki wish he hadn’t asked. There was anger in Kazuma’s eyes, but mostly guilt overruled all else. Guilt that he’d failed this one person.

“I think that is an achievement,” Hideki said. “Out of fifteen, to have only lost one person—

“Is unacceptable,” Kazuma said in a tight voice. “I failed at my job, and as a result a young woman died. Don’t make light of it. It’s not an easy matter.”

Kazuma pushed his chair back and stood up. He glanced at his watch.

“You have an appointment in five minutes. We should head back to the office.”

Hideki took his napkin and dumped it on his plate. He pushed his chair back too and got up.

“For the record, I wasn’t making light of anything,” he said. “I was trying to let you know that I’m not naïve. Whether you succeed or fail in protecting me, I need you to know I won’t blame you. I know the stakes.”

“You know nothing,” Kazuma said, his gaze hostile.

Hideki swallowed hard surprised when his heart slammed against his chest. He felt paralyzed by Kazuma’s gaze. His insides trembled, and he pressed a hand into his stomach wondering if the food was bad.

Looking away from Kazuma, he took in air, hoping to calm his insides.

Kazuma took his elbow, sending him out of balance.

Hideki wondered why it hurt when Kazuma kept his gaze directed forward as he led him out of the restaurant.

***

Kazuma’s reaction stayed with Hideki for the rest of the afternoon. He didn’t know what it was like to bear such a burden, but he imagined it was difficult. Losing someone you’d promised to keep safe…

Hideki sighed.

“Sir.” The young woman leading him into the showroom at the Motorcycle Centre interrupted his thoughts.

Hideki shrugged his melancholy away and concentrated on listening to her. He wanted to buy another motorcycle since his last had blown up into pieces.

“What brand do you prefer?” she asked.

“Ducati,” he said, moving to stand by a collection of them in the middle of the room.

He loved motorcycles. Loved the thrill they gave him when he was riding. Placing a hand on the seat of one, he frowned when a loud explosion filled his thoughts. He hadn’t seen it coming. All he remembered was the loud bang, and sailing through the air…then trying to crawl away from the exploding motorcycle…

He jerked his hand away from the seat of the brand new machine.

“Are you alright?” the young sales woman asked.

He stared at her, forgetting why he’d walked into the shop in the first place.

“Will you give us a moment?” Kazuma asked the lady.

She smiled and nodded, walking away to give them privacy.

Hideki stuck his hand in his pockets and turned away from Kazuma.

“You didn’t have to do that.”

“What’s wrong?” Kazuma asked.

“Nothing,” Hideki said, walking to the next motorcycle. “I’m trying to purchase a new motorcycle here.”

“You’re not over your accident. Don’t jump into it if you’re not ready.”

“What do you know about it?” Hideki scoffed.

“A lot,” Kazuma said. “Your hands are shaking.”

“So?”

“So, I doubt you can sit on a motorcycle without remembering your accident.”

Hideki refused to acknowledge Kazuma’s correct assumption. He needed to get back to his racing. It was the only outlet he had, the only moment of freedom in his life.

“I want a motorcycle,” Hideki said, his tone stubborn.

“You’ll still want one when you’re ready to sit on it.”

Hideki let out a frustrated sigh and met Kazuma’s dark gaze.

“Why are you so bossy?”

“I’m not bossy. I’m stating facts.”

“In a bossy tone,” Hideki pointed out.

Kazuma smiled, the sight of it startling Hideki because he didn’t think he’d seen Kazuma smile in the last two weeks. It sent funny waves rolling in his stomach.

Hideki looked away.

“I’ve changed my mind. I think I’ll find a fast car instead.”

Without another word, Hideki turned and left the showroom, leaving Kazuma to deal with the sales woman.

They got home around eight o’clock in the evening. Hideki got out of the Mercedes and hurried into the house eager for a hot shower and one of Aoki’s delicious meals. Upstairs, he removed his suit jacket and started undoing buttons on his shirt. The bedroom door opened and he turned to find Kazuma walking in carrying his laptop.

“You left it in the car,” Kazuma said, moving to place the laptop on the desk by the windows. “I’ve been meaning to ask. Why don’t you have blinds or curtains in here?”

“I like the windows that way.”

“It’s not good for protection,” Kazuma said. “If you insist on it, we have to tint the glass.”

Hideki sighed.

“Do what you want.”

“I’m only trying to protect you.”

“So you’ve said.”

Hideki tugged out the tails of his shirt and pulled it off. He dumped it on an armchair and started on his belt. He glanced up to look at Kazuma when the man remained standing by the windows.

“I’m not giving you a free show. You can leave now.”

Kazuma shook his head and started toward him.

Hideki froze when Kazuma reached him, unsure why his heart was beating so hard in his chest. He took in a deep breath when Kazuma stopped close, very close…he could feel Kazuma’s breath against his cheek. A soft gasp escaped when Kazuma leaned his head down and took his lips in a wanton kiss.

Hideki could only cling to Kazuma’s arms as he lost himself for the first time under a sweet blazing assault.

****

Lee Suilan,2015
  • Like 18
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What can be the better way to end a chapter other than a beautiful kiss scene. The think I liked the most about the chapter was how Hideki and Kazuma took a peek in each other's life. There was sure some spark and a hell of a chemistry between them throughout this chapter. let's find out what happens next!!

Link to comment
On 09/18/2015 09:22 PM, sacredlove said:

What can be the better way to end a chapter other than a beautiful kiss scene. The think I liked the most about the chapter was how Hideki and Kazuma took a peek in each other's life. There was sure some spark and a hell of a chemistry between them throughout this chapter. let's find out what happens next!!

Kazuma and Hideki...k.i.s.s.i.n.g...lolz

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..