Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 1,139 Words
  • 4,815 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Prince - 12. Chapter 12

So, I suck at responding to reviews. Something I'm going to  work on! Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement! It means so much to me.  :thankyou:

The door opened with a groan and prince Noah took a deep breath before following the two pirates into the throne room. An entourage of pirates and villagers followed, his once lost lover only one step behind. The captain and what was left of the royal guard were bound and gagged like prisoners. Noah made sure to keep his head high and hoped this would work without further blood shed. His father sat upon his throne with dark eyes. Noah wished he was surprised to find his father holed up in the throne room while his men fought to defend the castle. When the King saw his son leading a procession of thugs with his men bound he rose to his feet.

“What is the meaning of this!”

His feet carried him swiftly off the dais and towards his son, voice booming in the empty hall. He surged forward in anger until the sharp blade of Phoenix’s sword stopped him.

“Please, take a step closer, I would love an excuse to run you through.”

The King swallowed and took a step back.

“What is the meaning of this Noah! You arranged this invasion? Did you invite these barbarians into my castle and court to stage a coup!”

“I did no such thing. They came of their own accord. They all did.”

 

The thrown room began to fill with villagers and merchants brandishing pitchforks and torches. Men and women of all ages and occupations filed in, faces full of anger and fear.

 

“This village was once proud, peaceful and prosperous. But now our people live in fear and poverty! You have become a tyrant! Our prisons and full of minor criminals and the streets are full of filth. We have watched too many of our people lose themselves to poverty and everyone in this room has lost someone to your banishments!”

A cheer went up in the room. When Noah raised his hand the hush returned.

“You have held this village and even your own son prisoner for too long! We are taking back our kingdom.”

 

The people broke out in yells and cheers again. The captive guards began to squirm even as they were held in place before their king by the conquering pirates.

When quite came again the King only smitked,

 

“What is your plan, son? Do you plan to kill your own father? Or will you give the job to your hired thugs? These lawless pirates, from the wild lands beyond our borders?”

 

“You call them lawless, wild pirates. I call them men and women who were thrown from their homes for no reason but the whim of a corrupt guard and his puppet king!”

 

“Puppet King! Who are you calling a puppet! How dare you insult me! You, who is nothing but a disgrace to the crown! An uphill gardener slag who humiliated this family by running around submitting to a commoner blacksmith!”

 

“Two years ago your scorn and hatred would have hurt, but today it just makes you look pathetic. An old man with a chair, throwing a temper tantrum. I pity you.”

 

“I am a King!”

“A King without people is just a man, it is your people that give you power through their loyalty. We will no long bow to you, you have forsaken and therefore lost the loyalty of everyone before you. You have nothing left.”

“You will kill your own father?”

“No, there will be no more blood lost on my account. No more violence, no more death. But there will be change.”

 

Phoenix stepped forward and addressed the guardsmen first, “You will vow your loyalty to the crown Prince or face banishment. Those who refuse to comply will be dealt with, severely.”

“You can not banish me from my own kingdom! It’s mine! You can’t take it!”

“I don’t have to. The people will follow me, you can do as you wish. As I said, you are just an old man in a chair.”

 

As the once king let out a screech and knocked a nearby pedestal to the ground. Phoenix smirked and turned his attention away from the man child to face his guardsmen.

“You have heard the terms of your release. You may choose to swear fealty to the Prince and be released. You will loose your positions but will face no punishment from us. Or you can leave the kingdom peacefully.”

“Those are the options?” One of the guardsmen asked.

“Yes.”

“The King never truly had my loyalty anyways, if you allow me to stay you will find no resistance of your takeover. I will kneel to you, King Noah, my liege.” The guardsmen dropped to one knee and lowered his head. One by one the rest of the guardsmen followed until the only one left standing was Landon.

 

Noah studied his ex-fiance. The man was obviously unhappy, his face twisted into a sneer. “And you? Do you accept these terms?”

Landon stepped to the front of the crowd his face melting away to an emotionless mask. He huffed a deep sigh and his shoulder slumped before he dropped his head, “I suppose I don’t have much of a choice.”

Phoenix turned to his young love with a wide grin, proud the plan worked without blood shed. His Prince, or rather now King, had managed to save his kingdom. Noah smiled back, a slight blush dusting his face at the sight of Phoenix’s adoration.

 

“What now, my Lord?”

“Well…”

 

It was only a heartbeat, a blink of an eye. Phoenix felt his body stiffen as Noah’s face turned to horror as he leerched towards him. Out of the corner of his eye he registered movement. It wasn't until he felt the full weight of his true love fall into his body he realized that the movement was Landon thrusting a hidden blade towards them. Narrowly missing the pirate and instead landing directly into the stomach of the man who had thrown himself between him and the ex-Captain. Phoenix pulled his blade with one hand and thrust it deep into the attacking man before releasing it and falling to the ground under the weight of his lover.

“No, no no no no no. Noah, please, no.”

Phoenix gripped the man close to his body as his clothes became drenched in blood. He paid no attention to the men around him rushing to contain the sudden attack.

“Talk to me my Prince, please, say something.”

“Take care of my people Phoenix.” His voice was low and horse.

“Don’t you say that. You’re going to be fine. You’re going to… please Noah, hang in there. Don't leave me, my love, please don’t leave me.”

“I love you, Phoenix.”

“Noah? No, no no. NO! NOAH!”


 

Opps, sorry.
Copyright © 2017 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Excuse the the language but god damn it not another one. These cliffhangers are killing me. I love this stpory though. Can't wait for the next chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I had a feeling some sort of coup would be happening since it was clear that the King lost the support of the people. I thought Phoenix would challenge and beat Landon in a duel. I really hope Noah survives this because they deserve a happy ending. The next chapter can't come soon enough.

Link to comment

You DO know that readers at GA have their own stockpile of pitchforks and torches ... to use on cruel authors who post cliffhangers at the end of too many chapters ... don't you ? Offing a well liked character in the story will earn you yet more pokes and burns !
:angry:

Link to comment

After that cliffhanger, it’s no wonder why you don’t reply to Reviews!

 

So now Landon gets put to death for murder or attempted murder of the new King and the old king is banished.

 

Maybe they need a new form of government with a Town Council instead of a King. It’s kind of small to be a kingdom anyway.

 

Our prisons and full of minor criminals and the streets are full of filth. I think that first ‘and’ should be an ‘are.’

Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 07:52 AM, droughtquake said:

After that cliffhanger, it’s no wonder why you don’t reply to Reviews!

 

So now Landon gets put to death for murder or attempted murder of the new King and the old king is banished.

 

Maybe they need a new form of government with a Town Council instead of a King. It’s kind of small to be a kingdom anyway.

 

Our prisons and full of minor criminals and the streets are full of filth. I think that first ‘and’ should be an ‘are.’

Thanks for catching that error! I fix it ASAP :).

 

Also, muhahahaha.

 

It does seem like a really small kingdom. Its like one little village lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 06:04 AM, hohochan657 said:

You DO know that readers at GA have their own stockpile of pitchforks and torches ... to use on cruel authors who post cliffhangers at the end of too many chapters ... don't you ? Offing a well liked character in the story will earn you yet more pokes and burns !

:angry:

Well, im fire resistant but those pitch forks don't look like fun ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 04:07 AM, JCtoGO2 said:

Very well done. I agree with Wesley 8890. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks for taking the time to review :)

Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 01:51 AM, Shadow086 said:

I had a feeling some sort of coup would be happening since it was clear that the King lost the support of the people. I thought Phoenix would challenge and beat Landon in a duel. I really hope Noah survives this because they deserve a happy ending. The next chapter can't come soon enough.

Oh man a duel would have been so cool! Lol

 

Thanks for reviewing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 12:29 AM, Wesley8890 said:

Excuse the the language but god damn it not another one. These cliffhangers are killing me. I love this stpory though. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Muhahahaha!

Thanks for reviewing im glad you're enjoying the story :)

Link to comment

Oh, that was so evil! And you are "muahahahing" about it?! I thino I'll look for my pitchfork too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ahhh why? I was just getting super involved in this story Ahhh. Now I have to wait to see what happens. Please don't take to long posting the next chapter. :D

Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 10:08 AM, JeffreyL said:

Oh, that was so evil! And you are "muahahahing" about it?! I thino I'll look for my pitchfork too.

I'm doing my best to get it out in record time! :)

Thanks for taking the time to review

Link to comment
On 03/03/2017 02:05 PM, Gavin25 said:

Ahhh why? I was just getting super involved in this story Ahhh. Now I have to wait to see what happens. Please don't take to long posting the next chapter. :D

I'll do my best!

I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for taking the time to review

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..