Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 1,870 Words
  • 3,076 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Prince - 7. Chapter 7

Noah didn't think, he just moved. He swung his sword and moved his feet and fought off the attacking bandits.

Phoenix clashed swords viciously, taking out as many as fast as he could. He knew he had to trust his Prince had remembered everything he had taught him, but he yearned to turn and protect him. He wished he had more time to train him. He wished he had been paying attention that night and stopped them before he was taken. Phoenix took down another attacker and spun looking for more. Noah was making quick work of a small man behind him, and no one else was too be seen. Phoenix spun his sword and faced his father. "You and me old man!"

Phoenix's father smiled darkly. "I know better than to fight a losing battle. Save your Prince while I escape."

Phoenix spun around; the short man had Noah's back against a tree his hand clamped around the young Prince's wrist, holding his sword arm away. His other hand was around the boy's throat. Phoenix came at them and cut the man down before he even noticed the boy's approach. Noah stumbled forward, falling into Phoenix's arms. Phoenix helped the boy down and pulled him onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and buried his face in his hair. His adrenaline still pumping.

"Your father...?" His Prince asked quietly.

"He got away." Phoenix mumbled. He rubbed his hand along the Prince's back. He had been scared, terrified of losing him. But when the Prince pressed his lips against Phoenix's fingers he knew he would die to keep his Prince safe. Noah shivered, reminding Phoenix they were exposed in the middle of the forest. He started to climb to his feet, pulling Noah with him.

"Come my Prince, we have to put some distance between us and here before we make camp." Noah nodded and after gathering their things allowed Phoenix to lead him deeper into the woods. They came to a horse tied to a tree, supplies strapped to his back. Noah hadn't realised how tired he was until he felt Phoenix helping him onto the horse side saddle. He started to nod off in the saddle but was awoken when Phoenix climbed on behind him, pulling the exhausted Prince tight against his chest. One hand holding the reins, the other securely around his waist. Feeling warm and safe in his saviour's arms Noah relaxed and let the exhaustion take him.

When Noah awoke he was laying on the ground wrapped in a sleeping bag, a lumpy pack tucked under his head. He felt warmth on his back and turned to see a low burning fire. His sword and armour sat next to his makeshift bed. Sitting up slowly the young Prince searched the darkness around him. Just as he felt panic beginning to grow in his stomach, Phoenix emerged from the forest with arms of firewood. When he saw Noah's face he dropped the wood and rushed to his side kneeling.

"I am sorry I was not here when you woke up." He said softly, brushing the hair away from his Prince's face. Noah just nodded, tilting his head into the other boy's touch.

"Try to sleep more my Prince."

"Would you...lay down with me?" The young Prince asked softly.

Phoenix smiled. "Just let me build up the fire a bit first."

Noah nodded and snuggled deeper into the sleeping bag. After a few minutes he felt the warmth of the fire on his face as Phoenix crawled into the sleeping bag behind him. Noah shifted closer to the older boy as he felt a strong arm wrap around his waist holding him tightly against the warmth of the other boy's chest.

"Sleep well my Prince." Phoenix's warm breath tickled his neck as he whispered.

"Am I?"

"Are you what?"

"Yours?"

He felt Phoenix sigh heavily. It wasn't fair to ask him that, they both knew what awaited them when they returned to their home. But Noah wanted it more than anything.

"In my heart, you will always be mine." The older boy answered softly, before brushing a soft kiss against the Prince's neck. Noah nodded and snuggled closer. That was really all he could hope for.

*

The next time he awoke Noah's first thought was how cold his back felt. He tried to snuggle closer to Phoenix before realising he wasn't there. He pushed himself into a sitting position and watched as his companion loaded their gear onto the horse.

"Morning." He called out softly.

Phoenix turned with a gentle smile. "Good morning my Prince. I hope you slept alright. We have a long journey ahead of us, but if we push hard we can make it before dark."

Noah nodded slowly, he had hoped for another night alone with his friend. Friend, the word didn't really fit how he felt about the apprentice, but he knew the boy had someone waiting for him back home. And Noah had his own responsibilities.

 

Phoenix helped the young Prince onto the horse and slid on behind him. Noah allowed himself to relax back against the older boy’s chest, his warmth spreading through him. He felt safe with Phoenix's strong arm around his waist, and the way his breath tickled the side of his face. Leaning his head against his breast Noah allowed the strong steady beat of his heart to lull him to sleep.

 

"Hey, Noah, wake up. We are almost there."

Noah felt Phoenix shake him gently but resisted. He felt so safe and warm with those strong arms wrapped around him, and he was dreading this moment. When they returned home, back to reality.

"No. I do not want to go home." He mumbled against Phoenix's chest.

He felt the older boy sigh. "Come on now. You're Father is worried about you."

Noah reluctantly sat up and rubbed his eyes. He felt Phoenix slip to the ground from behind him.

"I should walk from here."

Noah nodded. He really didn't want to go home.

As they approached the gate he heard the call go up, The Prince had returned. Quickly they were surrounded by guards and the young Prince was pulled from the horse. There was so much commotion and everything was happening so fast his head was spinning. He looked around frantically for Phoenix but all he could see was the uniforms of the guards. Before he knew what was happening he was being ushered through the gates, down the streets of the village and into the castle. Servants swarmed him in worry and so many people were talking at once; his head began to pound. And where was Phoenix?

"Enough!" Everyone froze as the King stepped in the room. He approached his son slowly. "Are you okay?" Noah nodded. "Good. Take him upstairs and get him cleaned up, then bring him to the hall."

With that his father gave a quick nod and turned on his heel before leaving his son to be taken care of by servants. Noah scowled, he shouldn't be surprised. What had he expected, a big heart filled reunion? From King Hades? Yea, right. But it would have been nice for him to show he was even a little bit relieved his son had been returned safely. The Captain of his guard nodded and took hold of Noah's arm, gently pulling him towards his room.

 

*

After a hot bath and the meal of fruit and cheese that had been left out for him Noah made his way to the hall to face his father.

Noah had always hated the Hall. It was a cold and bare room, with stone walls lit up by torches. Three thrones sat on a small raised platform in front of large stained glass windows. His Father and step-mother were sitting in two. When Noah stopped at the foot of the dais he gave a small bow to his Father and waited silently. The King sat slouched in his large throne, chin resting on his hand as he studied his son. Noah fought the urge to fidget. Finally his father leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees, hands clasped.

"So how long have you been sneaking out to see that common boy?" He asked in a steady but hard voice.

Noah's jaw dropped, "Really? That is what you want to talk about? Not, perhaps, about how I was just kidnapped? By bloody pirates!" He didn't mean to yell, but he was so angry.

"Why would we talk about that? It is done and your home now." Hades waved his hand dismissively "This situation with the common boy however needs to be dealt with."

"Dealt with? What situation? He is my friend, he was helping me train."

"Why would you need to train with some little base court cur? Our Guard is made up of the best swordsman in the kingdom!"

"Your Guard is made up of cowards who are too scared of you to train seriously with the Crown Prince. And Phoenix is the best swordsman in the kingdom." Noah met his father's eyes, scowl for scowl.

"You are not to see that boy again! He is lucky I am not throwing him in the dungeon!"

"The dungeon? He's the one who brought me home!"

The King roared, his harsh voice filling the barren room. "And that is the only reason he is free! It is his fault you were taken in the first place! That bawdy, dim witted whelp! I mean it Noah, no more; I will not have my son embarrass this kingdom with such an affair! If I hear even a whisper you are still seeing that boy I will lock him up! Without a second thought!" Noah glared at his Father. "Do you understand me boy? That is an order, as your Father and your King!"

"Yes, Sire." Noah spat out between clenched teeth, hands in fists at his sides.

"Good. Now get out of my face."

 

Noah turned on his heel and stormed out of the hall. He could feel his whole body shaking in anger. How dare his Father talk about Phoenix that way? The man didn't even ask about the kidnapping or the pirates. All he cared about was how it looked that the Prince was friends with a commoner. No, he didn't say friendship, he used the word affair. His Father didn't want anyone to think the boys we're having an affair. Noah kicked the suit of arms next to the door and watched as it fell with a clatter before stalking to the front door. He had to get out of the castle and away from his father. As he reached the doors he felt a firm hand on his shoulder. He turned and looked up at the Guard, his name was William and he had always been very nice to the Prince.

 

"I am sorry, m'lord, I can not let you leave." His voice was soft and sad, he really did look sorry.

Noah nodded and turned back to the stairs to his room. His home was now his prison.

Copyright © 2017 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So the King is a moron and obviously his stupidity is putting both the prince and kingdom in danger. The prince was followed, and clearly there was more to that than pirates randomly kidnapping him. The king's flagrant disregard for the safety of his son and security of the kingdom is going to most certainly cause further problems later.

Link to comment
On 02/02/2017 01:08 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

I have just binged on this great little story!

Thank you very much for sharing them with us. I can't wait to read more!

I'm so glad your enjoying the story and found it binge worthy! *happy dance*

Link to comment
On 02/01/2017 03:58 PM, spikey582 said:

So the King is a moron and obviously his stupidity is putting both the prince and kingdom in danger. The prince was followed, and clearly there was more to that than pirates randomly kidnapping him. The king's flagrant disregard for the safety of his son and security of the kingdom is going to most certainly cause further problems later.

Thanks for taking the time to review ( i know, late reply, sorry lol)

I'm glad my story has gotten you interested enough to make you think about it :) I hope you enjoy the rest just as much!

Link to comment
On 02/01/2017 12:05 PM, long1jo said:

Great captivating story, can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..