Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,259 Words
  • 3,682 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crave - 17. Chapter 17

Chapter 17

 

Jenson rubbed his tired eyes and yawned. It had been a long evening on patrol. He could hear one of the drones passing nearby, although he couldn’t see it through the trees. After the last attack, his father told him a contingent had been deployed from Anglia, along with a team of hunters. The hunters were trained in the trapping and capture of a large number of deadly species from different worlds. They would try to secure the remaining flauros and relocate them back to their home planet.

The creatures had made one attempt to breach the perimeter since the new security system was implemented. Although one of them was injured during the attack, something in the volcanic rock south of the camp made the drones’ tracking capabilities useless. The machine lost its quarry after a few kilometers. By Jenson’s estimation, that left three flauros, including the injured one, still on the loose. The vampire didn’t think those three would be easy to catch since they seemed to learn and adapt quickly to any new defences.

He heard someone behind him, and turned to see Perreault approaching from the direction of the camp. After giving the young guard a brief summary of his uneventful shift, he headed back to the camp. After so many days on high alert, he was exhausted, and looking forward to grabbing something to drink before climbing into bed. Thinking of bed… Jenson smiled as he pictured the last few nights. He and Merrick had been scheduled for the same shifts, which meant they were able to spend each evening in each other’s arms. So far things hadn’t progressed past the pleasure they could give each other with their hands and their mouths, but for now it was enough.

Jenson was happier than he could ever remember being in over a century. He knew Merrick was just as happy. The only concern Jenson had was his inability to keep his fangs to himself. They dropped against his will the second he touched Merrick, or when Merrick touched him. This lack of hunger control was new to him. Vampires prided themselves on their self-restraint and he was no exception. Even with Kel he was able to stay focused. Source feeding from Kel didn’t start for well over a year after they started dating, and he’d only fed from him a handful of times during their years together. With Merrick, it was a blood lust that threatened to swamp him. It was equally thrilling, and terrifying.

“You look lost in your own world,” said an amused voice to his right.

“Hello, Audra,” he answered, stopping and turning to the petite vampire who had just exited one of the bunkhouses. “How is Alec this evening?” He smirked as he looked pointedly through the door behind her.

“He’s fine,” she said, a slight blush colouring her cheeks. “He’s recovering nicely.”

“Oh, yes. I’m sure he is recovering very nicely.” Jenson nodded sagely before his sister reached out to punch him on the shoulder.

“Fuck off,” she said with a laugh. Jenson chuckled as her blushed deepened even further. “So where were you a few minutes ago?” she asked, changing the subject. “You looked… happy.”

“Just thinking.” Jenson shrugged and turned towards the lake. He heard Audra’s unladylike snort beside him.

“What were you thinking about? Or should that be who were you thinking of?”

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Merrick walking towards them across the compound. His gaze automatically turned to the man. Even from this distance he could see his muscles move and flex beneath that snug uniform as he walked under the floodlights. Jenson knew the younger man noticed him when Merrick’s thoughtful expression morphed into a wide smile. Jenson was sure he sported an equally happy grin.

“Oh, I see.” Audra sounded as if she was trying to control her laughter. The vampire turned to give her a half-hearted scowl. “Have things progressed with the two of you then?”

“We’re taking things slowly.”

A smile brightened her face and her eyes seemed to dance with happiness. “I’m so happy for you both.” Audra reached out and gave his hand a gentle squeeze before releasing him again. “The two of you deserve this.”

Jenson answered with a noncommittal grunt, not knowing what to say. He turned his attention away from his sister just as Merrick reached them.

“Good evening, you two.” Merrick smirked at them as if he knew he was the subject of their conversation.

“Merrick,” Audra said, her voice still tinged with mirth. “How was patrol this evening?”

“Quiet,” he said with a yawn, stretching his arms above his head. A tantalizing strip of skin appeared where his uniform shirt untucked slightly from the waistband of his pants. With a shake of his head, Jenson dragged his gaze back to Merrick’s face. The younger man’s cocky smile told him Merrick knew exactly how he affected the vampire. With a wink, Jenson traced his tongue along his fangs, watching as Merrick followed the movement. The vampire felt some satisfaction when he saw the lust in the other man’s eyes. His fingers twitched, wanting to reach out and touch the man in front of him.

“Well…,” Audra said, drawing out the sound. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving.”

Jenson blinked, and pulled himself out of his fantasy of throwing Merrick down and fucking him into the ground. “Yes,” he said with a smirk. “I was just thinking how hungry I was.” His gaze travelled to Merrick’s throat before meeting his eyes again. “Very hungry.”

Audra shook her head and laughed. “Come on you two. Let’s go eat before you both spontaneously combust.”

After the vampires had their mugs of O-Negative and Merrick inhaled a tray piled high with food, Audra said her goodbyes, carrying a tray of food for Alec, who was taking a shift monitoring the drones. Jenson felt excitement tingle up his spine as they walked, side-by-side, towards the newly built bunkhouse that had become their home for the past week. By some unspoken agreement, the other guards housed themselves in the three other buildings that had been erected after the attack on the base. Not bothering with any pretences, they had lashed their bunks together the day they’d moved in. It wasn’t the most comfortable bed, but it allowed them to sleep wrapped around each other, and was an improvement over the trucks.

As they undressed, they discussed their respective evenings. It had been quiet in both sectors, although Merrick did have some excitement when a deer-like creature bound across the perimeter and set off the drones. Irritated with himself for not taking such an eventually into consideration, Jenson ordered the drones to be recalibrated to recognize the larger animals native to the planet.

As he moved through the room, Jenson could feel Merrick’s eyes on him like a caress. Each night as they reached for each other, their need seemed to increase in intensity. The vampire knew they weren’t going to be satisfied with blowjobs and rushed hand jobs for very much longer. He wanted to be inside the younger man, wanted Merrick writhing with need beneath him as he fucked him into the mattress. Jenson stifled a groan as he pictured Merrick, naked and begging, under him.

“Someone’s deep in thought.” Merrick’s sexy chuckle was closer than Jenson expected. When he turned, the younger man was only a few feet away. “Should I guess what you were thinking about?” Merrick’s voice was low and gruff as he stepped into the vampire’s personal space, reaching up to run his fingers across Jenson’s bare chest.

Jenson smirked and grabbed Merrick’s wrist, halting his progress. “Maybe I was thinking about shift schedules and drone software?”

“I think this….” With his free hand Merrick grasped the vampire’s hard cock, stroking it through the thin material of Jenson’s briefs, drawing a groan from the older man. “…tells me you were you were thinking of something much more interesting than schedules and software.”

Jenson knew by the brightening of the room that his eyes had shifted as lust buzzed through his veins. “You think so?” He growled out in response. His voice was distorted by fangs, which ached to sink into the pulse point he knew was just below the surface of the enticing flesh in front of him.

“I think you could use some help with this,” Merrick said, licking his lips.

“And you think can help me?” Jenson asked, raising an eyebrow at the other man.

“Oh, I guarantee it.”

Jenson’s breath caught as Merrick lowered himself to his knees. In seconds, he had the vampire’s underwear around his ankles and Jenson’s cock in his hot, wet mouth. Jenson leaned back against the small table behind him, hoping it would hold his weight as he watched Merrick take him deeper with each downward pass. Resisting the urge to take control of the depth and speed, the vampire placed a hand on the back of Merrick’s head, feeling the short length tickle his palm. Under Merrick’s talented and enthusiastic attention, it didn’t take long before Jenson was groaning loudly in release. Licking his lips to catch any traces of cum he may have missed, Merrick smiled up at him. He was clearly pleased he could give his lover so much pleasure. Before Jenson had a chance to reach for Merrick, the perimeter alarms began to blare.

“Fuck,” both men swore at the same time.

“What the hell is going on now?” Jenson helped the younger man to his feet. They hurriedly pulled on their clothing and communicators. “This is Shey. What’s the situation?”

“We have a breach attempt, sir,” one of the guard’s answered. “Three flauros in the southeast quadrant.”

With a nod to Merrick and a mental promise to continue where they left off, Jenson ran out of the tent. He heard Merrick beside him as they approached the forest. They were a few meters from the trees when one of the guards, a young vampire just out of training, staggered towards them, bleeding. His arm hung at an awkward angle and a long gash ran from his collarbone to the opposite hip. The cut looked deep, but not fatal.

“Lavallee,” Jenson called out, racing to the young man’s side. He caught the guard as he stumbled and fell.

“All three rushed the perimeter at once,” the man gasped out painfully. “I think the drones chased them off, but one got me first.” He winced as Jenson examined the wound across his sternum.

“I’ll go with the other guards to make sure they’re gone,” Merrick said quietly, putting a hand on the vampire’s shoulder. “Take him to the med tent.” Jenson nodded, and watched Merrick disappear into the forest before carrying his young charge back to the compound. He set the male down on the exam table, and left him in the care one of the medics who’d been transferred from the ship.

Except for the occasional update from the guards, all was quiet on the comms. Jenson had an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He didn’t believe the creatures would have retreated so quietly. As he walked past the vehicles, movement to his left caught his attention. He turned in time so see a large shadow detach itself from the closest truck and launch itself at him. With a shout of surprise, he went down under the weight of the attacking flauros. His hands held tightly to the creature’s wrists, barely holding the deadly claws away from his neck and chest. Fiery pain burned in his legs as clawed feet ripped into his shins and thighs. The creature’s putrid breath made his stomach heave as it roared and snarled above him. He knew he wouldn’t be able to hold the flauros back for long. He heard commotion around him, but couldn’t focus past the animal trying to rip him apart.

Feral eyes met his, seconds before sharp teeth bit into his shoulder. The pain was intense. He could feel his life’s blood pooling on the ground beneath him. The blood loss was weakening him quickly. His grip faltered and searing pain blazed across his chest. Darkness crept around the edges of his vision, threatening to pull him under. He struggled against the pull of unconsciousness, even knowing his struggles only caused him to bleed out more quickly.

Suddenly, when the world had been reduced to a narrow tunnel, the weight holding him down disappeared. Even with the weight gone he couldn’t seem to draw air into his lungs. Blinking rapidly, he tried to keep the encroaching darkness at bay.

“J…,” a familiar voice, filled with pain, called to him from a long distance away. Merrick… Merrick was hurting. Where was he? Jenson tried to call out to him, but couldn’t seem to force the words past his lips.

Merrick appeared above him, tears streaming down his face. “Oh, my God… J… please, J… don’t….” Merrick’s voice echoed in the vampire’s head, breaking up like a bad transmission.

Jenson tried to raise his hand, but couldn’t seem to move his arm. He was tired… and so cold. It was a surprise when he realized the pain was gone. Did they give him something for the pain? Could he go to sleep now? Closing his eyes, he thought he heard voices, but couldn’t make out any words. Exhaustion was tempting him to let go. All he needed was a few minutes….

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this chapter out. Between the holidays and a touch of writer's block this chapter took longer to write than I expected. A huge thank you goes out to my awesome editor, Gary. I couldn't do it without you! :hug: Thank you to all of you who read and support the story.
If you have any questions or comments, please drop by the Crave forum
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

:o :o :o
J, do not die on me! :angry::,(

 

Lit, I love how you can take a reader through various emotions. From happiness at seeing Jenson and Merrick's relationship blossoming, to the sadness and shock the flauros attack on J.

 

I'm still reeling from the ending, so I'm gonna end my review here.

 

Thank you for another great chapter Lit! :hug:

Link to comment

Awesome chapter....sooooooooooo worth the wait!!! Just the right amount of excitement for this cliffy...can't wait to see how this will affect the progress of Jensen and Merrick's love... :D Thanks for the update...awaiting the next.. :gikkle::thankyou:

Link to comment

I see: using every trick in a writer's drawer to torture us: main character nearly dying, lover screaming his name, cliffhanger ... and still no pounding ;-) (actually you made point of non-pounding, my dear; how naughty is that?).
I hope ch18 comes quickly ...I'm sure M's a good nurse ... like his sister in law (oops).
JAR

Link to comment

Oh, cliffhanger supreme!

 

A chapter worth waiting for. So what will Merrick do now? Can he save Jenson? I'll be chewing my nails till the next chapter.

Link to comment

You played us like a flute, my friend. It was so nice to be in that place where all was hot and right between Jenson and Merrick. And then you ripped us out of it, and had the audacity to leave us hanging! Bad, bad author... well, actually... good, good author. I want to see those damn flauros pay, but even more, I want whoever is responsible for them being on the planet to pay. I just know Jenson will be okay... you wouldn't be able to handle the temper tantrums if he isn't, but poor Merrick... to finally get the hunky vampire, and have to suffer story interruptus... oh yeah... that's us readers :*) . Well done, Lit... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 07:52 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

:o :o :o

J, do not die on me! :angry::,(

 

Lit, I love how you can take a reader through various emotions. From happiness at seeing Jenson and Merrick's relationship blossoming, to the sadness and shock the flauros attack on J.

 

I'm still reeling from the ending, so I'm gonna end my review here.

 

Thank you for another great chapter Lit! :hug:

The attack actually came a surprise to me too. I was writing and it just happened so I went with it. Reeling surprisingly good. It means you're invested. Nothing could make me happier than that.

 

Thank you for your review and all of your support, Drew. I appreciate it. :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 08:41 AM, Onim said:

Awesome chapter....sooooooooooo worth the wait!!! Just the right amount of excitement for this cliffy...can't wait to see how this will affect the progress of Jensen and Merrick's love... :D Thanks for the update...awaiting the next.. :gikkle::thankyou:

You're welcome, Onim, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm really happy to hear from you. Hopefully the chapter updates will start to come regularly again now that the holidays are over.

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 09:08 AM, JohnAR said:

I see: using every trick in a writer's drawer to torture us: main character nearly dying, lover screaming his name, cliffhanger ... and still no pounding ;-) (actually you made point of non-pounding, my dear; how naughty is that?).

I hope ch18 comes quickly ...I'm sure M's a good nurse ... like his sister in law (oops).

JAR

"non-pounding"... it sounds naughty when you say it like that. lol Working on Chapter 18 now, so hopefully there won't be long to wait.

 

Thank you for your support and your review, John. I appreciate it. :)

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 09:12 AM, Puppilull said:

Oh, cliffhanger supreme!

 

A chapter worth waiting for. So what will Merrick do now? Can he save Jenson? I'll be chewing my nails till the next chapter.

Thank you, Puppilull. I'm glad you think it was worth waiting for :)

Thank you for your review and your support. I appreciate it. :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

GAH! It was worth the wait, but that cliffhanger! I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next chapter or we'll hunt you down with pitchforks...lol

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 01:24 PM, Headstall said:

You played us like a flute, my friend. It was so nice to be in that place where all was hot and right between Jenson and Merrick. And then you ripped us out of it, and had the audacity to leave us hanging! Bad, bad author... well, actually... good, good author. I want to see those damn flauros pay, but even more, I want whoever is responsible for them being on the planet to pay. I just know Jenson will be okay... you wouldn't be able to handle the temper tantrums if he isn't, but poor Merrick... to finally get the hunky vampire, and have to suffer story interruptus... oh yeah... that's us readers :*) . Well done, Lit... cheers... Gary....

Story interruptus? That sounds like quite a painful affliction. :P It's funny, I didn't actually plan this chapter to end the way it did, the story just took a turn that I didn't expect. I promise not to keep people waiting for too long if I can help it.

 

Thank you for all of your support, Gary. :hug: I appreciate

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 01:24 PM, Headstall said:

You played us like a flute, my friend. It was so nice to be in that place where all was hot and right between Jenson and Merrick. And then you ripped us out of it, and had the audacity to leave us hanging! Bad, bad author... well, actually... good, good author. I want to see those damn flauros pay, but even more, I want whoever is responsible for them being on the planet to pay. I just know Jenson will be okay... you wouldn't be able to handle the temper tantrums if he isn't, but poor Merrick... to finally get the hunky vampire, and have to suffer story interruptus... oh yeah... that's us readers :*) . Well done, Lit... cheers... Gary....

Story interruptus? That sounds like quite a painful affliction. :P It's funny, I didn't actually plan this chapter to end the way it did, the story just took a turn that I didn't expect. I promise not to keep people waiting for too long if I can help it.

 

Thank you for all of your support, Gary. :hug: I appreciate

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 02:09 PM, Valkyrie said:

GAH! It was worth the wait, but that cliffhanger! I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next chapter or we'll hunt you down with pitchforks...lol

lol. I'm working on the next chapter, I promise.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Val. :)

Link to comment

Very nice, well the first bit was. Now poor J has been attacked :(
This will make it personal for both Merick and Audra. I do hope the hosts come for a visit and say something silly.
Bring on the next chapter, cheep, cheep :)

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 02:23 PM, Bucket1 said:

Very nice, well the first bit was. Now poor J has been attacked :(

This will make it personal for both Merick and Audra. I do hope the hosts come for a visit and say something silly.

Bring on the next chapter, cheep, cheep :)

I think it will be personal for them. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they find out who caused this. I can't wait to find out myself ;)

 

Thank you for your review and all of your support, B. I appreciate it :hug:

Link to comment

Noo.. Stop it, not J! But then, you did stop. Not nice Lit.. It was going so, so well. No doubt Merrick will attend to Jenson, but I feel sorry for whoever is responsible for the Flauros..
Still, an amazing chapter Lit..

Link to comment
On 01/16/2016 10:40 AM, Defiance19 said:

Noo.. Stop it, not J! But then, you did stop. Not nice Lit.. It was going so, so well. No doubt Merrick will attend to Jenson, but I feel sorry for whoever is responsible for the Flauros..

Still, an amazing chapter Lit..

No, I don't think whomever is responsible for the flauros being there will enjoy the consequences. :o

 

Thank you for reading and for your review, Def. I appreciate your support. :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/20/2016 01:28 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice chapter, well not nice, but well written! What next? Guess we'll have to see. .

lol thank you tim. Working on the next chapter now, so hopefully there won't be too long of a wait.

 

Thank you for reviewing and your support. I appreciate it :)

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

There was a rather hot calm before the storm between Merrick and Jenson. The flauros are, as I said before, far too clever. The feint and infiltration was strategic and likely could have been more devastating than it was. Jenson is badly hurt. I hope being a vampire gives him stronger recuperative powers. I think at this point personally introducing the people who introduced these creatures to the area to their little pets would be a fitting justice. Now for the next chapter which is already up. :)

Link to comment
On 01/23/2016 11:57 AM, drpaladin said:

There was a rather hot calm before the storm between Merrick and Jenson. The flauros are, as I said before, far too clever. The feint and infiltration was strategic and likely could have been more devastating than it was. Jenson is badly hurt. I hope being a vampire gives him stronger recuperative powers. I think at this point personally introducing the people who introduced these creatures to the area to their little pets would be a fitting justice. Now for the next chapter which is already up. :)

It would be interesting to see the ones responsible for the flauros being on the planet locked in a room with them ;) I hope you enjoy chapter 18 :)

Thank you for reading and your reviews. I appreciate each one.

Link to comment

I think one of the best parts of this chapter was seeing Jenson and Audra gently teasing each other about their romances. They are clearly happy for their sibling's luck in finding love. It reminds me of seeing them together in the beginning of the story, before we really knew them.
Of course, Merrick was delightfully hot with his own teasing and pleasuring Jenson, I'm not surprised the vampire wants to bite him all the time. :P
And finally the cliffie :o How the fuck did that flauros avoid the drones?? Were they all pulled away by the other flauros (flauri? - what is the plural of flauros) ?
How do you give a vampire a blood transfusion? let him bite a bloodbag? ;) Can any vampire give blood to another or do they have blood types same as normal humans?

Link to comment
On 01/31/2016 12:01 AM, Timothy M. said:

I think one of the best parts of this chapter was seeing Jenson and Audra gently teasing each other about their romances. They are clearly happy for their sibling's luck in finding love. It reminds me of seeing them together in the beginning of the story, before we really knew them.

Of course, Merrick was delightfully hot with his own teasing and pleasuring Jenson, I'm not surprised the vampire wants to bite him all the time. :P

And finally the cliffie :o How the fuck did that flauros avoid the drones?? Were they all pulled away by the other flauros (flauri? - what is the plural of flauros) ?

How do you give a vampire a blood transfusion? let him bite a bloodbag? ;) Can any vampire give blood to another or do they have blood types same as normal humans?

lol I think the plural is flauros (at least it is in my head lol) I like writing Merrick and Audra together. They're very close and very protective of each other... but they also love to tease each other.

As for how the flauros got through? The three rushed the same spot together before splitting off. It was enough of a distraction that one managed to slip past the drones.

About the blood? I think I address that in Chapter 19. lol

Thank you for your review and all of your support, Tim. I appreciate it. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..