Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,940 Words
  • 3,881 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crave - 27. Chapter 27

**Warning: Sexual Content**

Chapter 27

 

Merrick felt a sharp twinge in his chest. He stopped in the busy corridor, and breathed through the pain. A strong set of arms wrapped around him, pulling him back against a muscular chest.

“Is it getting bad again?” The deep, sexy voice next to his ear made him shiver.

“I’m okay.” He took a deep breath as the discomfort subsided. “It’s passing already.” The doctors told him he should expect to feel the effects from his injury for several days after he left the hospital. So far, the only problems he had were the occasional sharp pains in his chest and back, although even those were infrequent. This was the first time it’d happened today.

Jenson’s lips pressed against the sensitive skin behind Merrick’s ear. “Are you sure?”

“I’m sure.” With what he hoped was a convincing smile, Merrick turned in the vampire’s arms, running his hands up the older man’s back. He was slightly taller than Jenson, but somehow the vampire still managed to seem larger than life. He pressed a kiss to his lover's lips, mentally reminding himself to keep things chaste in the crowded hall.

They’d returned to the ship a few days ago, and were now speeding back to Anglia. A lot had happened over the previous days, even if Merrick had been in too much pain to participate in most of it at the time.

<><><>

Merrick slowly opened his eyes. He felt like he'd been hit by a rover. His entire body ached. As his vision cleared, he saw Jenson’s relieved face hovering over him. The man looked joyous.

“Welcome back,” the vampire said, smiling.

Merrick tried to smile back, but muscle spasms contorted it into a grimace.

“It's good to see you awake, Commander,” an unfamiliar voice spoke to his right. He turned his head and noticed a male in a white lab coat standing by the head of his bed. “Do you remember what happened?”

Everything was fuzzy as Merrick searched his memories. What had happened? He remembered the shuttle crash. He remembered Senator Elsan taking him to see Maser Luda. He remembered walking back to the fortress. He remembered being in the Counsuery wing… the office… the guard… Elsan. His gaze flew back to Jenson’s.

“Elsan.” The sudden movement caused pain to flare in his chest and neck, making him wince. Jenson reached for him, but he waved him off. “I’m all right. I just moved too quickly.”

Jenson's mouth thinned into a grimace. “So Elsan was involved?” The vampire looked at something on Merrick’s left.

“What exactly happened with Senator Elsan, Commander? Did he do this to you?” The pain in Maser Luda’s voice made Merrick risk moving to face the Alecteran.

“You don't understand,” he said, but his words came out slurred, as if he’d drunk too much alcohol. He turned back to the doctor, confused about what was happening.

“Don't worry.” The male smiled kindly. “You'll experience some after effects from the electro-pulse. Minor muscles spasms, and even some speech and vision issues aren’t uncommon. They should go away as the effects wear off.”

“Merrick.” Jenson squeezed the hand he was holding. “Did the Senator say anything to you before you were shot? Did he give any indication of why he was doing this?”

“What?” Merrick was shocked. “No… no. Senator Elsan didn't shoot me. He tried to stop the guy who did. Didn’t he tell you?”

The Maser made a strangled noise that sounded like a sob. “So he didn't do this? Aevhan didn't betray me?”

“No.” Merrick looked back and forth between Jenson and the Alecteran leader. “There was a male… one of the Counseurs. Keeghan, I think? He shot the guard and was about to shoot me. The Senator appeared behind him and grabbed for the weapon, but there was someone else in the hall. There was a struggle. That's all I remember before I was shot. I lost consciousness almost immediately. ”

“Elsan wasn't there beforehand?” Jenson asked, rubbing soothing circles against Merrick’s palm.

“No… not that I saw.”

“Then where is he?” the leader asked, looking towards the door. “Why didn't he call for help? What could have happened to him?”

Merrick’s arms and legs started to twitch involuntarily. He gasped as a particularly painful spasm moved down his spine. “Has the pain gotten worse?” The doctor asked as he pulled an injector out of his jacket pocket. Merrick gritted his teeth and nodded. “I'm going to give you a shot,” he explained. “It'll help relax you.”

Merrick grunted his compliance, and sighed in relief as the pain dulled almost immediately.

“You may feel a little sleepy,” the doctor explained, patting Merrick on the shoulder. “I'll come back to check on you later.” He nodded deferentially to his leader before leaving the room.

The sedative started taking effect, and his eyes felt heavy. He tried to follow the conversation between Jenson and Maser Luda, but couldn’t focus. Whatever he’d been given was doing its job. As he drifted, Landin and Kalen stepped up to the bed.

“I'm glad you're all right, Commander.” Landin”s voice sounded far away.

“Yeah,” he responded before yawning.

With a soft smile, Jenson leaned in to give him a kiss. “Sleep, love. I'll be here when you wake up.”

When Merrick woke again the pain had eased significantly, and he was able to move his arms and legs without the muscles protesting. As promised, Jenson was sitting by his side. The vampire told him Counseur Keeghan had been located, with one of his cousins, on a shuttle headed to his family’s territory. They’d tried to evade capture, but were forced to land. During a search of the ship, the Senator was discovered, bound and unconscious. Jenson didn’t know if he’d been injured or drugged.

With Merrick’s encouragement, Jenson left to participate in the counseur’s interrogation. Contrary to custom, Maser Luda was also there. Jenson’s most shocking news was that Elsan and Luda were bonded mates. Apparently each Maser’s most trusted advisor was their spouse, and helped to rule the planet. After the bonding ceremony, they were given the title of Senator, and would become the Maser’s link to the outside world. Due to the Alecterans’ long standing distrust of outsiders, the nature of the relationship became a closely held secret. Luda’s fury had either made him forget or not care that Jenson was in the room. Merrick had suspected there was something going on between the two, but this stunned him.

“How would they procreate?” Kalen pondered, chewing on a piece of cheese from the tray beside Merrick’s bed. “I thought the Maser title was passed from father to eldest son?”

“A purified ‘vessel’ is chosen to carry the child.” Jenson shuddered at the term ‘vessel.’ Merrick smirked thinking of what Audra would have to say on the subject. “It sounds like it’s considered an honour to be selected.” When Kalen opened his mouth again the vampire raised his hand, silencing him. “And before you ask… no, I didn't ask how she was impregnated. Given their desire for secrecy, I was surprised Luda told me that much.” They were all sitting around Merrick, sharing a snack Jenson had brought for them, although Jenson’s nourishment came in a mug of warmed blood. “I don’t think he's truly aware of what's going on around him right now.”

“Have they figured out what happened to Elsan?” Merrick swiped the last piece of fruit from the tray. It was juicy and sweet, and the flavour reminded him of an earth strawberry. Any meat that had been on the tray had long since been eaten.

“No,” Jenson answered with a sigh. “He didn’t have any phaser burns or noticeable puncture wounds, but they're still running blood tests and scans. Unfortunately, the two captives still refuse to answer any questions we’ve asked them. I was sure Luda was going to kill them both. I know I wanted to.” Merrick squeezed the vampire’s hand. He knew he would have felt the same way.

Elsan still hadn't roused from his coma by the next morning. Fortunately, Merrick’s symptoms had decreased to a manageable level, and he was discharged. Jenson admitted he was frustrated with Keeghan’s continued refusal to talk. He told Merrick he wished he could get answers about the nature of Jorrah’s involvement, but now that Merrick’s shooter was in custody, he wanted to be on Anglia for the Terezinian’s interrogation. At Merrick’s suggestion, Jenson agreed to wait until the evening before taking a shuttle back to the ship, giving the vampire one more day with the stubborn Alecterans.

By late morning there was finally a breakthrough. Angry with his former counseur’s stonewalling, Maser Luda had several members of the Keeghan family arrested on suspicion of treason. A few of the younger members, terrified of their leader’s rage, quickly cracked, telling the investigators about plans to discredit the Maser and incite a coup to overthrow his rule. There were similar stories of an unnamed Terezinian who promised to provide the perfect catalyst for a war against the Anglians. They only needed to provide a location. A war may have given them the public backing they needed for a coup. It would also explain why Counsuer Keeghan had been so helpful during Jenson’s visits, and in the Alect-3 negotiations. He would have needed details about the Anglian’s terraforming mission.

They all suspected the dissent ran deeper than one disgruntled family, and an internal investigation would need to be conducted… an investigation where their involvement would not be welcomed. For now, Jenson had enough information to face Kel’s father. Merrick didn’t think any of this would matter to Luda if his mate didn't wake up. He knew what it was like to wonder if the person you loved was going to live, and didn't envy the Maser his vigil.

<><><>

“What has you so deep in thought?” Jenson’s question brought him back to the present.

“I was thinking about Maser Luda and Senator Elsan. Do you think he'll live?”

“I don't know.” Jenson frowned at the floor as they walked towards the vampire’s room. “I hope he does. He’s a good male, and I shudder to think what Luda will do if his mate dies.”

Merrick nodded, feeling a mixture of sadness and pity for the Alecteran leader. He shook his head and smiled at the vampire. “Enough of this depressing crap. We'll have plenty to worry about when we reach Anglia.” He leaned against the bulkhead beside Jenson’s door. “And I can think of much more pleasant ways we could use our time.”

Jenson grinned at him. “Oh? What did you have in mind?”

Merrick smirked as the door slid open. Slipping his fingers into the vampire's waistband, he pulled Jenson into the room. His other hand moved down to the cock already beginning to strain the fabric, as his lips found the older man’s throat. While he explored, he walked backwards to the bed, dragging the vampire with him.

Jenson pulled away. “Are you sure?” he asked with a groan as Merrick’s nimble fingers unbuckled his belt and reached inside. “You’re still healing.”

“So are you.” Merrick’s voice was low and gravelly. “We both need this. I need you, J.”

The vampire made a pained noise, indecision playing across his features. Merrick wondered if Jenson would take the noble road… again. The vampire had gently, but firmly, rebuffed the younger man’s advances since he’d been discharged from the hospital. Suddenly his world shifted, and he found himself lying on the bed.

His need had been denied for so long that Merrick was desperate for his lover’s touch. Jenson’s moans and gasps told him the older man felt the same. Fingers and mouths mapped every inch of uncovered skin, leaving desire in their wake. Soon they were both naked, their sweat-slick bodies moving together in a sensual glide. Each touch and kiss propelled him closer to the edge. There were no words, only the sound of blood rushing through his veins and panting breaths. Merrick writhed as the vampire worked slick digits inside… preparing him. Where did he get the lube? Merrick thought before the thrusting fingers curled, and his thoughts scattered.

“Relax, love,” Jenson’s whispered in his ear. Sharp fangs nipped the lobe, but didn’t’ break the skin. “We have all night.”

Merrick, who was too far gone for coherence, bucked against Jenson’s fingers, fucking himself with them. The vampire placed a hand on the younger man’s hip, forcing him to still. A deep chuckle rumbled above him. “So impatient,” the older man teased. Jenson’s lips and tongue left a damp trail down Merrick’s body.

“Jenson….” The plea morphed into a long groan when a warm mouth engulfed his cock. He nearly shouted when Jenson added another finger. “Please. Please, J… I….”

Jenson moved above him, and Merrick felt the head of Jenson’s cock press against his hole. “God, yes.” His voice sounded breathless and needy, and he would decide later if he should be embarrassed, but for now he would do anything… anything… for Jenson to finally… YES! Both men moaned loudly when the vampire’s cock finally breached the tight ring of muscle. It had been a long time since he’d bottomed, but he was way too turned on to truly register the burn of entry. It only served to add a sharper edge to his pleasure. He wanted this so badly that no amount of pain would have made him stop.

Jenson stilled above him, leaning down to claim his mouth. Merrick kissed him back with equal hunger, bucking up… trying to get the vampire to move. After a few moments Jenson pulled back slightly before sliding back in. He repeated the process until his cock was buried inside Merrick’s body. Jenson’s hand cupped his chin, tilting the younger man’s head back. Staring into Merrick’s eyes the vampire slowly slid his cock out until only the head was still inside before pushing back in. It was exquisite torture. The vampire kept up this unhurried pace for a several minutes. Merrick tried to move, but Jenson held his hip with a tight grip.

Finally… finally the vampire finally began to speed up his thrusts, and was soon pounding into Merrick. The bedframe squeaked and thumped against the wall. Merrick knew neither of them was being quiet, and he couldn’t have cared less who heard. Jenson moved Merrick’s feet over his shoulders, and the change in depth and angle had the younger man precariously close to the edge. The animalistic grunts coming from his lover told Merrick the vampire was right there with him.

Jenson nipped and sucked his tongue, his lips, his jaw, his neck… anywhere he could reach. Suddenly he pulled back and stared down at Merrick. His eyes were a glittering black, and his expression was almost feral. “Merrick... Love....” Jenson’s fangs distorted his voice, and he sounded like he was in pain. The vampire closed his eyes as his thrusts began to falter. They were both so close. “I want… Merrick, I need….”

Merrick tilted his head back, offering his throat to the man he loved. “Do it. Bite me.” His body jolted as he felt Jenson’s fangs biting down into the tender flesh. After a few seconds the stinging pain faded away, and pleasure followed. Merrick yelled Jenson’s name as he came, coating their chests with his release. Jenson thrust erratically a few more times before throwing his head back and shouting incoherently. Merrick felt the vampire’s cock throb and pulse within him. The sight of his lover, with blood dripping from his fangs and his face contorted in ecstasy, nearly made Merrick come a second time.

Jenson slumped forward, resting on his elbows over Merrick. “I love you,” the older man whispered hoarsely, nuzzling his neck, and gently licking the puncture wounds. “You blood tastes amazing.” The vampire raised his head, suddenly looking guilty. “Shit, I never should have done that. I got carried away. I’m sor….”

“Stop,” Merrick interrupted him. “That was the most intense connection I’ve ever felt with another person. Don’t you dare apologize.”

Both men winced as Jenson pulled out and rolled to the side. “I wasn’t too rough, was I?” The vampire reached out and touched Merrick’s face, stroking his cheek.

“Just rough enough,” Merrick chuckled, turning his head to kiss the vampire’s palm. “We’ve both needed this too badly, and for too long... for gentle.” He reached up to run his hand through Jenson’s dark hair. “I love you too.”

Jenson smiled and kissed Merrick’s forehead before pulling the younger man into his arms. He rested his head on the vampire’s powerful chest, listening to the sound of the heartbeat under his ear. He knew they should get out of bed and clean up, but he was too comfortable.

“Come on.” Jenson slapped Merrick’s ass. “Let’s get cleaned up, and get you something to eat before we fall asleep.”

Merrick grumbled, but moved to sit at the edge of the bed. “I was comfortable,” he complained, stifling a yawn.

The vampire chuckled. “Come on sleepyhead. Food first… then bed.”

Even with all of the crap they’d been through, Merrick was happy. Right now… in this room… there were no coups, no revenge plots, or dangerous fucking animals. There was just the two of them, and Merrick intended to make the most of their time together before the outside world intruded again… in every position he could think of. Wincing a little as he stood, he followed his lover to the small attached bathroom. Walking was overrated anyways… right?

Well folks, all that's left now are one more chapter and an epilogue. Thank you to my editor, Gary, who is always so supportive, and makes me strive to be a better writer. :hug: Thank you to everyone who has read and supported this story.
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

It's the hallmark of a great story that I am both happy and sad to be so near the end. The problems are mostly wrapped up and Jenson and Merrick are at the threshold of a hopefully long and happy life together. Thanks for another great chapter.

Link to comment

I was so relieved the Senator was not involved in the attack on Merrick. Maser Luda would never have gotten over such a betrayal. I hope Elsan will wake up and be OK.
Now to the imporant part. :P Jenson and Merrick finally gave in to the love and lust which has consumed them for so long. And not only did they have sex - very HOT sex :blushing: - but Jenson bit Merrick. :D:wub:

Link to comment

I only have one thing to say... PERFECT! Okay, I should say more... you made me very happy with this chapter, and their connection was worth the wait... cheers, my friend... Gary...

Link to comment

I echo Drpaladin's sentiments. I am happy and sad with the story coming to an end. But I've loved the journey so far, and I'll continue to enjoy it to the end :hug:

 

I'm relieved that Elsan wasn't involved :yes: I mean, it would be difficult for Luda to get over such a betrayal by his mate.

 

As for J and Merrick... :wub: it was a beautiful scene! :D They needed it after all they've been through. I do hope that J will no longer feel the need to apologize when he bites Merrick, but I'm sure Merrick will break J of that habit :lol:

 

I look forward to the last two chapters, and thank you Lit! :kiss:

Link to comment

All good stories have to end. I look forward to see how this one will end, but I understand that it's a little hard to let them go. Hopefully J and M will live happily ever after and I think there's every chance that's going to happen. Thanks for another great chapter!! Looking forward to the next but that's tinged with a little sadness too.
tim

Link to comment

Now that was a story warning we've all been waiting for! LOL Your guys are more proper than mine ;)

 

Nice to see them get those few days alone without any other distractions than hot asses in tight pants... And they got the bad guy. Just need to get Jorrah and all will be set for a slightly calmer existence.

Link to comment

Wow. M was a virgin after all. Freud would be pleased. Big surprise in last chapter coming?

Link to comment

Nicely done, but only one more chapter :(
Wonderful to see them together, finally, truely deeply connected. I'm not sure who wanted it more, J, M, or all us readers :)

Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 11:26 PM, drpaladin said:

It's the hallmark of a great story that I am both happy and sad to be so near the end. The problems are mostly wrapped up and Jenson and Merrick are at the threshold of a hopefully long and happy life together. Thanks for another great chapter.

I'm very pleased you've enjoyed the story so far. It's been a lot of fun for me to write. J and M are on well on their way. The next chapter and epilogue will see where we leave them.

 

Thank you for your review and your support. I appreciate it. :)

Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 03:52 AM, Timothy M. said:

I was so relieved the Senator was not involved in the attack on Merrick. Maser Luda would never have gotten over such a betrayal. I hope Elsan will wake up and be OK.

Now to the imporant part. :P Jenson and Merrick finally gave in to the love and lust which has consumed them for so long. And not only did they have sex - very HOT sex :blushing: - but Jenson bit Merrick. :D:wub:

I agree, I don't think Luda would have ever gotten over a betrayal like that. Elsan is the person he trusts the most not only on the planet, but in the galaxy.

I'm really happy you like the M & K's 'connection.' It was a really tough scene for me to write. :*)

Thank you for your review and your support, Tim :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 05:08 AM, Headstall said:

I only have one thing to say... PERFECT! Okay, I should say more... you made me very happy with this chapter, and their connection was worth the wait... cheers, my friend... Gary...

Perfect? I do believe you're a little biased? :P You know how nervous I was about this chapter, so I am very relieved that you thought it worked. These two characters have waited a long time so I was happy to show that they finally got what they'd been desiring for so long... each other.

 

Thank you for your review and your unwavering support, my friend. :hug:

Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 05:38 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

I echo Drpaladin's sentiments. I am happy and sad with the story coming to an end. But I've loved the journey so far, and I'll continue to enjoy it to the end :hug:

 

I'm relieved that Elsan wasn't involved :yes: I mean, it would be difficult for Luda to get over such a betrayal by his mate.

 

As for J and Merrick... :wub: it was a beautiful scene! :D They needed it after all they've been through. I do hope that J will no longer feel the need to apologize when he bites Merrick, but I'm sure Merrick will break J of that habit :lol:

 

I look forward to the last two chapters, and thank you Lit! :kiss:

As I said to Tim, Luda would have been devastated if his mate betrayed him that way. J and M needed that connection after everything they've been through since J finally decided to allow Merrick in. I think M enjoyed that bite so much he will get J out of apologizing pretty quickly ;)

Coming so close to the end of the story is bittersweet for me. Thank you for the review and staying with me for the ride. :hug:

Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 06:56 AM, Mikiesboy said:

All good stories have to end. I look forward to see how this one will end, but I understand that it's a little hard to let them go. Hopefully J and M will live happily ever after and I think there's every chance that's going to happen. Thanks for another great chapter!! Looking forward to the next but that's tinged with a little sadness too.

tim

There is a bit of sadness, with my happiness for having Crave come this far. I think next week will be a bit of mixed emotions for me. :) I think J and M have a real shot at true happiness too.

Thank you for your review and your support, tim :hug:

Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 07:02 AM, Puppilull said:

Now that was a story warning we've all been waiting for! LOL Your guys are more proper than mine ;)

 

Nice to see them get those few days alone without any other distractions than hot asses in tight pants... And they got the bad guy. Just need to get Jorrah and all will be set for a slightly calmer existence.

LOL yes, my guys were might have been more well behaved, but they were also apart more than your guys were. Distance makes it easy to keep their hands off of each other. :P

 

Thank you for your review and support, Puppi. :)

Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 10:32 AM, JohnAR said:

Wow. M was a virgin after all. Freud would be pleased. Big surprise in last chapter coming?

haha yes, I suppose he did gift Jenson with his 'blood virginity' didn't he? Giving and taking blood in this world is a highly intimate act that requires a lot of trust. I think it's safe to say these two trust each other more than anyone else.

Thank you for your review and your support, John :)

Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 12:34 PM, Bucket1 said:

Nicely done, but only one more chapter :(

Wonderful to see them together, finally, truely deeply connected. I'm not sure who wanted it more, J, M, or all us readers :)

lol well I think it might have been close, but I'm pretty sure J and M wanted it more, and enjoyed it more than we ever could ;)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, B. :hug:

Link to comment

Aww, a bittersweet chapter. Bitter only because there are only a couple of chapters to the end.
But, focus on the sweet.. Jenson and Merrick were so great.. Together finally, and Merrick gave in to the bite! Hot! Hot! So happy for them...mostly for me, but that's something else.. Lol.
Also, it was nice that the Senator was not involved much to Luda's relief..

 

Great chapter Lit, looking forward to the final happenings..

Link to comment
On 03/29/2016 01:42 PM, Defiance19 said:

Aww, a bittersweet chapter. Bitter only because there are only a couple of chapters to the end.

But, focus on the sweet.. Jenson and Merrick were so great.. Together finally, and Merrick gave in to the bite! Hot! Hot! So happy for them...mostly for me, but that's something else.. Lol.

Also, it was nice that the Senator was not involved much to Luda's relief..

 

Great chapter Lit, looking forward to the final happenings..

Thanks, Def :) This is a little bittersweet for me too. I'm going to miss these guys, but I have a feeling they're not going to go away forever.

 

Merrick and Jenson are together, finally. It has been a long time in coming, hasn't it?

 

Thank you for the review and your support, Def. :hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..