Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,575 Words
  • 4,003 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crave - 28. Chapter 28

Chapter 28

 

Jenson stepped off of the ship, happy to be back on familiar soil. So much had happened in the last weeks. They’d lost so much on this mission… he looked towards the rover where Merrick was speaking to Sergeant Varallo and Connor Weir… but he’d also gained more than he’d thought possible.

“Are you going straight to the compound?” his father asked, stopping beside him. “The Starjumper hasn’t arrived yet, but they’re in the sector.”

The vampire turned to the senior Shey, whose brow was furrowed with concern. “I’m going to the house, actually.” His gaze moved back to Merrick. “There are some things I want to take care of, and Merrick needs to check in with the rest of his team.”

Jenson wasn’t looking forward to going back to his home, but it had to be done. His last memories of the place weren’t good ones, not that it had ever been filled with laughter. He wanted to speak to his assistant, and there was still the question of a potential informant on his staff that needed to be addressed. He hated to think of any of his employees betraying his trust, but he had to be sure.

The ship carrying Kel’s father would arrive in just under 12 hours, so Jenson had plenty of time to go to the house. Merrick appeared beside the vampire as he tossed his belongings into the rover. “Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?”

Jenson smiled, but shook his head. “No, I’ll be fine.” Merrick had been worried about him facing the sad and horroble memories, and the offer was appreciated, but some things needed to be faced alone. “I’ll take care of things at the house and see you back at the compound at 18:00 hours.” He gave his lover a lingering kiss before climbing into his vehicle and heading out of the city.

In what seemed like no time at all, Jenson pulled into his driveway. Riding the lift, he felt a familiar trepidation and tightening in his stomach, even if he knew logically there was no reason for it anymore. The doors slid open to silence. He stepped out and automatically turned to Kel’s wing, but there was no one there. It was surprising to find, although he felt sad about his ex-lover’s death, he wasn’t overcome with grief. Looking down the darkened corridor, he actually felt relief that Kel no longer had to suffer such an existence. With a silent goodbye, he turned and headed for his office.

Several hours of reviewing household communications was enlightening, even if it was disheartening. He heard the front door open and footfalls on the stairs. He looked up and smiled as the familiar sight of his assistant appeared at the door.

“Jenson, welcome back.”

Jenson greeted his employee. “Thank you. It’s good to be back.” He gestured to a chair across from his desk. “Please sit, Joshua. I need to discuss something with you.”

With a concerned expression, the male sat in the comfortable chair. “Is anything wrong?”

“Yes,” Jenson said with a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck. “It appears we have a spy in our household.”

The older man looked perplexed. “A spy? Whatever would they be spying on?”

“Me.” Jenson went on to explain everything that had happened during his time away. Joshua’s frown quickly changed to an angry scowl.

“Who’s been sending Varro information?” He sounded so enraged on Jenson’s behalf that the vampire had to smile. The man had always been like an uncle to him.

“Amelie.” Jenson turned his screen so the other man could see it. “Every time I was scheduled to leave the planet, within 24 hours of my departure there was a message sent to the same account. Once or twice I might have discounted, but this happened every time for at least 3 decades.”

The older vampire snarled in anger. “What was she thinking? She could have gotten you killed!”

“Believe me, I know.” Jenson turned the monitor back. “I’ve already requested that the judicial department have her brought in for questioning, and have her accounts reviewed. If money was a factor there should be a trail”

“How could she do this?” Joshua’s anger seemed to deflate, and he now seemed sad. “She’s worked here for such a long time. She knew what you did for Kel… how much you cared about him.”

“I don’t know, my friend.” Jenson wondered the same thing. He’d always liked the friendly nurse. “I guess we’ll find out more when she’s questioned.”

They spoke for a few minutes longer before Joshua left. Now that staff was no longer required for Kel, there was no need for an assistant to manage his household. Jenson was grateful for the years of help, but was happy the older man was able to retire and spend more time with his family. Joshua would never admit it, but Jenson knew he would’ve retired years ago if not for loyalty to his friend’s son. Promising to call if he needed anything, Jenson said goodbye to his long-time aide.

The vampire returned to the compound just as evening was beginning to set in. He was anxious, but hopeful, about the coming meeting. He wanted to close this chapter of his life, and didn’t want Jorrah’s actions to forever mar his memories of Kel. Merrick was waiting in the main room, talking to a small group of humans when the vampire walked in. Merrick grinned the moment he spotted the envoy. He turned to the group, presumably excusing himself, and headed straight for Jenson.

“Hi,” the younger man greeted him, leaning in to give him a kiss. “How did it go?” Although Merrick was still smiling, there was lingering concern in his eyes.

“Everything went well,” he said, leading Merrick away from the crowded seating area. “I think I may have discovered who was sending Jorrah intel on my whereabouts.”

Merrick’s eyebrow rose. “One of your staff?”

“Yes.” Jenson grimaced. “Amelie, one the nurses hired to care for Kel. I’ll know more about her motivation after she’s been questioned. My father cautioned me to let the judicial department deal with this, so I’m taking his advice.”

Merrick looked over Jenson’s shoulder. “I think we’re on.” Jenson turned as Commander Tei Barnaby enter the room, followed by the planet’s head of security, Director Helena Duval. She sought out Jenson, nodded, and then turned back down the hall, leaving him to follow her. Given the potential political fallout, Jenson wasn’t surprised she would be personally involved. “Are you ready for this?” Merrick asked, placing a hand on his back.

“More than ready.” Jenson took a deep breath. “Let’s go. I want this over and done with.”

The security wing was quiet, and their footsteps echoed in the corridor. They caught up to the director at the door leading to the interrogation rooms. “Envoy Shey… Commander Weir,” she said, acknowledging each of them. “Jenson, you have permission to be present during the questioning, but I would ask the Commander to wait in an adjacent room.” She raised her hand, cutting off the beginning of Merrick’s objection. “You’ll be able to see and hear everything that’s happening.” Her tone made it clear she was not to be questioned on this.

Reluctantly, Merrick agreed, and was shown to an anteroom. He gave Jenson an encouraging smile before the door slid shut. When he initially saw the elderly man, the vampire’s first reaction was shock over how old Varro looked. He knew the male had aged after seeing the surveillance image, but seeing him in person was still surprising.

Jorrah looked up and his eyes immediately turned cold and angry. “What’s he doing here?” he protested viciously.

“Good evening, Mr. Varro,” the director ignored the male’s question. “My name is Director Duval. I must inform you this conversation will be recorded.” She took a seat across the table from the prisoner. “Do you understand why you were brought to Anglia?”

The Terezinian looked to Jenson again, and crossed his arms over his chest. He muttered something unintelligible before turning away.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch that.” Duval leaned forward in her chair, her voice still polite, but cool. “Would you mind repeating what you said?”

“I said he….” Jorrah pointed to Jenson. “… shouldn’t be here. Not after what he did to my son.”

“Jorrah,” Jenson finally spoke, ignoring the warning look he received from the director. “I loved your son. You know I didn’t hurt him on purpose.”

The male snarled. “I don’t know anything of the sort. I had plans. He was going to have a great future on Terezin.” He pounded his fist on the table. “You took that all away from us!”

“Kel didn’t want to go back to Terezin, Jorrah.” Jenson placed his hands on the table. “I know he told you he didn’t want to leave. We were going to be married.”

“Don’t you say his name,” the older male spat out angrily. “You destroyed him.” Without warning the male leapt up and grabbed for Jenson, putting his hands around the vampire’s throat. “You ruined him!” he screeched over and over as Duval and the two other officers in the room pulled him away. Jorrah was slammed back into his chair as Jenson stepped back, coughing. The male might be close to death, but anger must have given him additional strength. Although the soundproof room meant he couldn’t hear it, he was sure Merrick was outside demanding entry, but he couldn’t think about that right now.

“Why send the flauros, Mr. Varro?” Director Duval asked, after returning to her seat. Jenson moved away from the table, leaning against the wall. “Why not go after Jenson yourself?”

The Terezinian started to laugh. “It was so easy. Those Alecterans wanted a war, and what better way to give them one than to kill you?” He looked at Jenson and smiled. “Your sanctimonious sister should have done me a favour, and taken a walk into one of those furry bastards.”

“What the hell does my sister have to do with this?” Jenson felt rage rise at the thought of Audra being a potential target.

“That mouthy bitch had the nerve to lecture me about my son… trying to tell me how to be a good father.” The aged man’s lip curled in disgust. “I wasn’t the one who turned Mihenkel into a drooling vegetable.” Jenson took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. Audra wasn’t hurt.

“What about the drill explosion?” The director drew Jorrah’s attention back to her. “How did you sabotage the cooling unit? The Veangan report said they ran their checks before the test and everything was in operational range.”

Jorrah rolled his eyes. “Those Veangan’s had no idea how that cooling unit worked. It was easy to make a few minor adjustments right before the test.”

Jenson wondered why Kel’s father was suddenly so forthcoming after all of the subterfuge and clandestine attempts to kill him. As if sensing his thoughts, the other man met his gaze and smirked. “Don’t think you’ve bested me. Why would I care what you know now? I’ll be dead before you get me to a prison.”

“Then what was the point of all this?” Jenson suddenly felt very tired. “Why go through all of the trouble on Alect-3 if there was a chance you wouldn’t see your plan to completion?”

“Who said my plans won’t be completed?” With that cryptic statement the male refused to answer any further questions.

 

Jenson left the interrogation room with Jorrah’s words ringing in his ears. The ship’s medical report stated the Terezinian was very close to death. His organs were shutting down quickly and he’d been given a week to live, if he made it that long. Any delay in bringing him to Anglia would’ve meant never knowing why Jenson was targeted.

The door to the observation room opened as soon as he stepped into the hall, and Merrick hurried to his side. “Did he hurt you?” he asked, touching his throat.

“I’m fine.” The vampire said, taking the younger man’s hand, and kissing his palm. “He has very little strength left. There was no damage.”

They walked in silence to the common room, each lost in their own thoughts. Instead of stopping, Jenson led Merrick to his office down another corridor.

“Its… nice.” Jenson saw Merrick suppress a grimace as he looked around room.

“I know, it’s rather spare....” He chuckled and leaned against his desk.

Merrick smiled. “Spare might be generous.”

The vampire shrugged. “I wasn’t on the planet much, and the room was functional, so I never saw the point of decorating.”

“What’s going to happen with Jorrah?” Merrick moved between the vampire’s legs, placing his hands on the older man’s hips. “Do you think he was serious about his revenge plans continuing, even after he’s dead?”

Jenson sighed and wrapped his arms around his lover. “Who knows? I can’t live my life worrying about the revenge plans of a dead enemy.” He pressed a kiss to Merrick’s lips. “He also didn’t realize I know the identity of his mole. She might have an idea what his plans were, since her knowledge of my missions appeared to be important to his schemes. “

Merrick leaned up and kissed him again, before looking Jenson in the eye. His expression was serious. “You’re sure you’re all right?” Jenson knew he didn’t mean the attempted strangling.

“I’m fine,” he said with a sad smile. “I won’t lie, going back to the house was hard, but things are improving. I know Kel is in a better place than he’d been for a long time. I don’t know if I ever could have made the choice, but in the end he made the decision for himself. Kel would have hated living as he was. He was always full of energy… full of life.”

Merrick smiled, stroking Jenson’s cheek with one hand. “You should tell me more about him sometime.”

“Later.” Jenson leaned in and captured his lover’s lips again. He knew they had a lot to discuss… plans they needed to make. Where were they going to live? Was the envoy going to keep working off-planet more than he was home? Jenson pushed those thoughts out of his head. They could talk another time. Right now, he wanted to feel. Merrick seemed to sense his mood, and deepened the kiss. Soon their hands were pulling at clothing, fingers attacking buttons and buckles.

Jenson found himself on his back with his lover between his legs, stroking his hard shaft. “See,” he said with a breathy laugh. “It’s good I don’t have anything on my desk.” Merrick chuckled before taking the vampire deep into his mouth. Damn, Jenson thought, before thinking became too difficult. The things this man can make me feel... and feel he did, on the desk, on the couch, and even on the floor.

Quite some time later, they were back on the couch, and Jenson held an exhausted Merrick in his arms as he slept. Listening to his lover’s steady breathing he thought of how easily he could have lost this…. lost him, and tightened his grip. They would get to the logistics when Merrick woke up, but Jenson knew he would never let go of the man in his arms again.

Thank you, Gary, for all of your help and advice.:glomp:   Thank you to everyone who reads and supports the story.  I'll be posting the epilogue tomorrow.  Enjoy smile.png
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This has been a unique and exciting story, from beginning to now!!! Looking forward to the epilogue and more of your talent!! Thanks for giving us the pleasure of reading your awesome work!! :thumbup::thankyou:

Link to comment

:D This was an awesome final chapter! And I'm super excited to read the epilogue tomorrow!

 

It was great to finally meet the mastermind behind the attacks on J. And Jorrah had plans to go after Audra? :thumbdown: All because she rightly pointed out that he wasn't being a good father. I think Jorrah is the type of person that can't face harsh truths and realities.

 

I'm really curious to see what Jorrah's final cryptic saying means. Hopefully Amelie will be able to reveal that.

 

Lastly, Merrick and Jenson... Aww!!! :wub: Even through all the crap they've had to face, they'll always have each other to turn to :heart: And of course, they had sex in the office :lol: That was so funny and sweet!

 

Lit, thank you so much for this wonderful chapter :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 12:06 AM, Onim said:

This has been a unique and exciting story, from beginning to now!!! Looking forward to the epilogue and more of your talent!! Thanks for giving us the pleasure of reading your awesome work!! :thumbup::thankyou:

Thank you, Onim :*) I'm very happy you enjoyed the ride, so far.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

You crafted a wonderful story and filled it with interesting characters that we came to love. You are still holding us to the very end wondering what will happen next. Now to wait until tomorrow for the epilogue.

Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 02:04 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

:D This was an awesome final chapter! And I'm super excited to read the epilogue tomorrow!

 

It was great to finally meet the mastermind behind the attacks on J. And Jorrah had plans to go after Audra? :thumbdown: All because she rightly pointed out that he wasn't being a good father. I think Jorrah is the type of person that can't face harsh truths and realities.

 

I'm really curious to see what Jorrah's final cryptic saying means. Hopefully Amelie will be able to reveal that.

 

Lastly, Merrick and Jenson... Aww!!! :wub: Even through all the crap they've had to face, they'll always have each other to turn to :heart: And of course, they had sex in the office :lol: That was so funny and sweet!

 

Lit, thank you so much for this wonderful chapter :hug:

I think Jorrah is a troubled man who saw his future as part of a powerful family, through his son, destroyed and blamed Jenson.

 

Of course the office was christened. Merrick realized that Jenson needed to take his mind off of things, and neither one of them would be patient enough to get to a bed. :P I love that you can see the connection between them. It's more than just lust and sex... they're also each others' closest friend.

 

Thank you for the great review, Drew. I hope you like the epilogue just as much :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 02:48 AM, drpaladin said:

You crafted a wonderful story and filled it with interesting characters that we came to love. You are still holding us to the very end wondering what will happen next. Now to wait until tomorrow for the epilogue.

I hope the epilogue gives everyone the answers they want. Thank you for reading and for all of your wonderful reviews. I love reading them. The fact that you find the characters and story interesting are great compliments. Although they are fictional characters I wanted to create men that people would want to know more about.

I appreciate your support and your review, Dr.P. :)

Link to comment

This story has been consistently superb from beginning to end. You've done a great job of tying everything up in this chapter, with just the epilogue to go. Congratulations on your first story, Lit! You have exceeded expectations, and it was a joy to work with you. Cheers, my dear friend... Gary...

Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 04:43 AM, Headstall said:

This story has been consistently superb from beginning to end. You've done a great job of tying everything up in this chapter, with just the epilogue to go. Congratulations on your first story, Lit! You have exceeded expectations, and it was a joy to work with you. Cheers, my dear friend... Gary...

Thank you :*) It's been great working on this story with you too. The time you spent editing and beta reading and all of your great suggestions have helped me to make this a story I'm very proud of. :hug:

Link to comment

Good thing Jorrah is in custody and dying... I can't help wondering if his parting words aren't the prelude to a sequel...? LOL But maybe the epilogue will take care of the lose end that is Amelia. And perhaps give J and M a little extra special time together...? ;)
Great story! I hope inspiration strikes you again soon!

Link to comment

Why do I feel there's one more thing to be known before J&M are safe.
I think you can be proud of this first effort and think about writing more.

Link to comment

Nice chapter, you're casting off nicely ... just a little more to go. The whole story was nicely done, strong interesting characters, conflict and intrigue. Always kept us coming back for more.
tim xox

Link to comment

Uuuh, big surprise in the last chapter?
I loved M commented on the interior decoration ;-).
Looking forward to the sequel.

Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 07:33 AM, Puppilull said:

Good thing Jorrah is in custody and dying... I can't help wondering if his parting words aren't the prelude to a sequel...? LOL But maybe the epilogue will take care of the lose end that is Amelia. And perhaps give J and M a little extra special time together...? ;)

Great story! I hope inspiration strikes you again soon!

Well the epilogue is up now, so we'll see if all of your questions were answered. :)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Puppi.

Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 07:40 AM, dughlas said:

Why do I feel there's one more thing to be known before J&M are safe.

I think you can be proud of this first effort and think about writing more.

Thank you, Dugh. I'm really happy with how well the story has been received. I hope you like the epilogue :)

Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 07:58 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice chapter, you're casting off nicely ... just a little more to go. The whole story was nicely done, strong interesting characters, conflict and intrigue. Always kept us coming back for more.

tim xox

Thank you, tim. My goal was to create characters that people cared about and wanted to know more about. I'm happy you've enjoyed the where I took them.

Link to comment
On 04/01/2016 08:19 AM, JohnAR said:

Uuuh, big surprise in the last chapter?

I loved M commented on the interior decoration ;-).

Looking forward to the sequel.

lol I knew you'd notice that comment. I'm not sure if there are any surprises in the epilogue, but it does tie up some loose ends.

 

A sequel is planned. but is on the back burner right now.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, John.

Link to comment

Great final chapter Lit.. Exciting to the last. Jorrah is really something else. It wasn't enough that he wanted Jenson dead out of some misguided loyalty to his son, he went after Audra too. I'm curious as to what else there is... Off I go to the epilogue..

Link to comment
On 04/02/2016 12:28 PM, Defiance19 said:

Great final chapter Lit.. Exciting to the last. Jorrah is really something else. It wasn't enough that he wanted Jenson dead out of some misguided loyalty to his son, he went after Audra too. I'm curious as to what else there is... Off I go to the epilogue..

Thanks, Def. Jorrah was a troubled man. He went after Jenson because he thought J ruined his powerful future in the Terezin ruling family. He wanted Audra punished because she questioned his right to hate Jenson and not taking care of his son. I think it's good for him that he's dying.

 

thank you for your review and your support, Def. :hug:

Link to comment

I'm glad Jenson dismissed Jorrah's final words, I bet the male was trying to fuck with the vampire's mind, since he'd lost his chance for revenge. Jenson and Merrick need to focus on their future together, including making love as many times and places as possible. :P I'm pleased Senator Elsan woke up, and there's nothing wrong with surrogate - even if the general attitude towards females is deplorable at that planet. You certainly tied up all the lose ends nicely, LL. Oh and I simply :rofl: at the idea of Audra gving Kel's father a piece or her mind - though she may feel bad about it since it made her a target too and cost people arround her and Jenson their lives. :(

Link to comment
On 04/06/2016 04:41 AM, Timothy M. said:

I'm glad Jenson dismissed Jorrah's final words, I bet the male was trying to fuck with the vampire's mind, since he'd lost his chance for revenge. Jenson and Merrick need to focus on their future together, including making love as many times and places as possible. :P I'm pleased Senator Elsan woke up, and there's nothing wrong with surrogate - even if the general attitude towards females is deplorable at that planet. You certainly tied up all the lose ends nicely, LL. Oh and I simply :rofl: at the idea of Audra gving Kel's father a piece or her mind - though she may feel bad about it since it made her a target too and cost people arround her and Jenson their lives. :(

I think, after everything, Jenson isn't willing to let Jorrah's words stop him from living and enjoying his time with Merrick. That's not to say that he won't be vigilant. I'd imagine Audra tore a strip off of Jorrah when she spoke to him. Kel was someone her brother loved and she loved him too, so she would be pretty protective. I can guarantee you, though, that Jenson won't tell her what was said. Like you, he'd know how much guilt she would feel if she thought she was partially responsible for anyone's death.

Thank you for your review and your support, Tim. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..