Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,796 Words
  • 7,018 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Choices - 1. Chapter 1

Chapter 1

 

The Kingston city limits sign was a welcome sight. Helping to celebrate Corey and Jason’s nuptials had been fun, but now he just wanted to be home and in his own bed. The ceremony had been a beautiful and intimate affair, with only family and a few close friends in attendance. He’d never seen two men so happy and in love. Although he was thrilled for them, it made his heart ache knowing he might never find a man who wanted forever… someone who wouldn’t be ashamed to be seen with him. Angrily, he wiped away a stray tear. He should be paying attention to driving, not crying over what could never be.

The weather had gotten steadily worse since he’d set out that morning, and the snow was now falling heavily, with almost zero visibility at times. If he wasn’t already so close to home he might have considered stopping at a hotel for the night.

Liam looked in the rear-view mirror, and clutched the steering wheel a little tighter. A large red pickup truck was closing quickly in the outside lane, driving much too fast for the slick roads. As the vehicle started to pass, it appeared to lose traction; slipping, righting itself, and then slipping again. Liam took his foot off the gas, hoping to put some distance between himself and the truck. He watched in horror as the Ford finally lost control and spun into his lane, clipping an SUV in front of him, and colliding with his much smaller vehicle, sending it spiralling out of control. The screeching of metal was deafening as the world whirled by at a dizzying speed. Another vehicle came into view moments before impact, slamming him into the side window. With the sound of crumpling metal and shattering glass, he came to a jarring stop. A second hit from behind threw him painfully against the seatbelt, and that knocked the wind from his lungs.

When the world finally stopped reeling, Liam tentatively raised his head, wincing at the pain in his neck and upper back. Struggling to breathe while taking stock of any other injuries, he noted he couldn’t move his legs, though he could feel them, and his left arm hurt like hell. Squinting, he tried to peer out the broken windshield, but his vision was fading along the edges. His body felt heavy until unconsciousness finally claimed him completely.

 

The sound of sirens and loud voices pulled him from the pain-free darkness. “Sir… sir, can you hear me?”

Something wet was dripping into his right eye. He groaned as the pain spiked.

“Can you hear me?”

“Cold….” He blinked at the person in the window. A man, he thought. Who was that man?

“Jaws of life… call in….”

“… stabilized his neck… might be internal bleeding….”

“... pressure on… have to move the van before we can….”

Phrases came and went in waves, and he couldn’t seem to focus enough to understand their meaning. It felt as though he was floating on a cloud... a painful, spike-filled cloud.

“Liam? Holy shit, Liam!”

The concern he heard in the familiar voice made him try to force his eyes open again, but they felt as though they were being held down by lead weights.

“Liam, baby, please be okay.”

Liam felt a presence beside him. “Do you know this man?”

“Yes.” Alek… was that Alek’s tear-filled voice? “His name is Liam MacPherson. What were you doing out in this weather, baby?” Liam felt something warm touch his cheek.

Stubborn eyelids finally opened slightly, but the burning sting had him squinting through small slits. “Al… Alek? What…. Where?”

“Oh thank God. You were in an accident, Li. I need you to stay awake, okay?”

He tried to raise his arm to wipe the moisture, and panicked when he couldn’t move.

“Mr. MacPherson… Liam,” the stranger spoke again. “I need you to try not to move. Your arm is trapped by the door, and we don’t want you to do any more damage to it.”

Liam’s gaze sought out the only comfort he had: Aleksei. “Alek….”

“I’m right here, baby. Just stay with me. Keep those beautiful eyes open for me.”

His vision cleared slightly. The worry in Alek’s eyes made him wonder just how awful he looked.

“Hurts.”

“I know, Li. I know. I promise, we’ll have you out of there soon. They have to get the driver of the truck out, and then they’re coming for you.”

“Why… what are you doing here?” He cleared his throat a few times, barely able to whisper.

“I was called in to pull the vehicles away from each other so the paramedics would have room to work.”

He tried to nod, but couldn’t move his head. A dark-haired man appeared in front of him, his blue eyes filled with sympathy. “We need to keep your neck stable. I know it’s not comfortable, but try to stay as still as you can.”

Aching ribs made breathing difficult, and his head was pounding with the worst headache he’d ever experienced. Panting, Liam tried to fight the nausea as spots danced in front of him.

“Head hurts….”

“I know, baby. I’m so sorry… please….”

Without warning the voices stopped, and he slipped into the blessed darkness again.

The sound of an engine and screeching metal woke him with a start. The sudden jolt made him shout out in surprise and pain.

“Li!” He heard Alek’s voice, but it was farther away now.

“You have to stay back, sir. The firemen need room to get him out.”

“It’s going to be okay, Li… just stay strong. They’ll have you out soon.”

Liam blinked, as lights flashed all around him. The door was pulled away, making the pain in his arm flare. With another scream, he welcomed the return of darkness as it pulled him under again.

<><><>

The beeping of the alarm was annoying. Where the hell was his phone so he could shut the damned thing off? He tried to open his eyes, but the bright lights forced him to shut them again with a groan. God, his head hurt. What the hell did he drink last night? Wait no… not a party. There was a car accident.

“Mr. MacPherson?”

“Too bright,” he whispered, his voice coming out as a hoarse croak. He followed the sound of fabric rustling as someone moved around the room.

The soft female voice spoke again. “I’ve dimmed the lights. It should be safe to open your eyes now.”

Cautiously cracking open his eyelids, he met a kind grey-eyed gaze. “Welcome back,” a woman in colorful scrubs said with a smile.

“How long…?” A cough cut off the rest of his question, and made his ribs ache in protest.

The pretty blonde reached for a cup from the table by his head. Using a small spoon, she scooped out some of the contents. “Ice chips. They’ll help with your sore throat.”

Accepting the cold offering gratefully, he sucked on the small pieces until they melted, swallowing the liquid down. He had a second helping before trying to speak again.

“How long have I been out?”

“A few hours.”

“How bad is it?”

With a tight smile the woman returned the cup, and turned towards the door. “I’ll let Dr. Schneider know you’re awake. He can explain your condition to you.” Before Liam could ask any more questions she left the room.

Worried about the extent of his injuries, he experimentally wriggled fingers and toes, and shifted his legs. They ached badly, but he was relieved they moved at all, and, and except for an IV taped to his hand, his right arm seemed fine. His left arm, however, was heavily bandaged and rested on a couple of pillows. Even the slightest movement caused sharp pain to shoot from fingertips to shoulder.

“Mr. MacPherson.” A tall, stern-looking man walked into the room holding a chart, followed closely by the nurse. “It’s good to see you awake. How are you feeling?”

“I have a monster headache and I feel like I’ve been hit by a Mack truck.”

The man nodded, and jotted something in the chart. “Do you remember what brought you here?”

Liam thought back to the accident. “Car accident,” he replied. “Some idiot was driving too fast for the conditions.”

The doctor continued to write before handing the plastic folder to the waiting assistant, and took a small flashlight from his pocket. “Look straight ahead for me,” the sadistic bastard said before flashing the narrow beam first into one eye and then the other. The brightness made the pain spike and his head throbbed. With a whimper, he closed his eyes.

“Pupils unequal….” The doctor continued to speak, but Liam stopped listening as a strong wave of nausea hit him.

“Mr. MacPherson?”

“Stomach.” He swallowed repeatedly trying to keep down the bile. After several minutes the queasiness finally passed. Only then did he notice the nurse standing on the other side of his bed, holding a bed pan. “I’m okay now,” he assured her.

The doctor took the chart and flipped through the pages. “I see you had a concussion a couple of years ago?”

“Yes,” Liam responded, feeling very tired. “I hit my head against a concrete curb.”

“Your previous history could make recovery more difficult. I’ll make sure you’re given some literature on concussions before you’re discharged so you know what to expect.”

“What else is wrong with me besides my head and my arm?”

“You sustained several injuries as a result of the accident. Your legs were trapped by the dashboard. The bruising is extensive, but luckily nothing was broken. Glass and torn plastic caused several lacerations to your upper body which required stitches, including a deep cut over your left eye.”

Liam reached up with his good arm and touched the injury in question, wincing at the sting. “So that was blood dripping in my eyes,” he commented to no one in particular.

The doctor nodded before continuing. “You have a distal radius fracture of your left wrist, and a fracture of the ulna. Fortunately, they were clean breaks and won’t require surgery, but we have to wait for the swelling to subside before you can be fitted for a cast. My primary concern is the concussion. We were told you lost consciousness several times on scene, and you were unresponsive since arrival. Scans don’t show a bleed in the brain, but I want to run more tests in the morning.”

“Fuck,” Liam grumbled, squeezing his eyes shut.

“I know it doesn’t feel like it now, but you were very lucky. Your injuries could’ve been a lot worse.”

Liam nodded, and immediately regretted the movement as his stomach rolled.

The nurse stepped forward to raise the head of the bed, and slid the bed pan under his chin while he dry heaved. “Thank you,” he said softly several moments later, receiving a sympathetic smile in return.

“I’ve prescribed pain medication for your injuries as well as a low dose anti-nauseant. It should take the edge off the nausea without making you too drowsy.”

“How long do I need to stay?”

“I want to keep you overnight for observation. We can re-evaluate your condition in the morning. Even when you’re released, you should have someone with you for the first few days. Is there anyone you want us to call? We couldn’t find any information on next of kin, and there was no answer at the number for your emergency contact, a Mr. Corey Smythe.”

“Corey’s out of town.” Liam thought for a moment. Who could he call? He had Corey’s cell number, but he didn’t want to disturb the newlyweds. They were on their honeymoon for goodness sake. Maybe another friend? But who? Marty was in Nova Scotia, and although he had several acquaintances, Liam wasn’t that close to very many people. Maybe Bryce? No, he was visiting family.

“There’s a man in the waiting room asking after you.” The nurse interrupted his thoughts.

“Who?” Liam couldn’t imagine who would even know he was here.

“He said his name was Aleksei Petrov.”

“Alek?” Liam was stunned. What the hell was Alek doing here? Suddenly he remembered Alek being beside him, talking to him as he floated in and out of consciousness. Why was Aleksei at the accident scene?

“A friend of yours?”

“Um, yeah… a friend.”

“Would you like him sent in when we’re done here?” the kind woman inquired.

“I guess so.” He wasn’t sure what he was going to say to the man, but it would be nice to see a familiar face right now.

After several questions, and more painful prodding, the doctor left with a promise to see him during morning rounds. The nurse went with him, returning moments later with a tiny paper cup. “I have a Tylenol 3 for the pain and a low dose of Gravol,” she said as she handed him the medication. “Unfortunately, we can’t give you anything stronger until the doctor is sure there isn’t a risk of bleeding.” She puttered around the room, moving his IV pole and rearranging his side table before turning her attention back to him. “Someone will be in every couple of hours to check on you throughout the night. If you need anything in the meantime, your call button is right here. I’ll send in your friend now.”

Liam thanked the woman, and sank back against the thin pillows while he waited for the effects of the medication to kick in.

“Liam?” Alek sounded hesitant as he stood in the open doorway. The big man’s eyes were red rimmed, and he looked like he hadn’t slept in days. “Can I come in?”

“Yeah,” Liam responded quietly, clearing his still sore throat.

Alek stepped tentatively to his side, hands twitching, as if he didn’t know what to do with them. “You look a little better. How are you feeling?”

“All right… my body aches, and my head hurts, but it could be worse.”

“God, baby, I was so scared when I saw you in that wreck.”

“Why were you there?” he asked, ignoring the endearment.

Alek pulled a chair up to the side of the bed and took a seat, leaning his forearms on his knees. I was called in by the OPP to move a cube van that was pinning a car, so paramedics could reach an accident victim. I didn’t realize it was you until I got there. I thought my heart stopped when I recognized your car … then to see you trapped in that hunk of metal.” The mechanic scrubbed at his eyes and inhaled a shaky breath. “I was so scared. They were worried about a possible back injury, and no one would tell me how you were.”

“No… no spine or neck problems. I have a concussion and a broken wrist, and my legs are banged up, but it looks like I got lucky.” Liam tried to sound upbeat, not entirely sure why he was trying to make Alek feel better.

“Thank, God.” Alek reached out and rubbed his good arm. “I was so worried about you. I didn’t think they’d let me see you.”

“Why are you here, Alek?” Liam couldn’t help but ask.

“Where else would I be?” Alek sounded distressed. “I love you….”

“But you have a girlfriend.” Liam’s heart ached when he said those words. When he’d learned Alek was dating someone, it had hurt, but it also made him sad for the man, knowing Aleksei felt like he had to date a woman to have his family accept him.

Alek winced and his expression turned grim. “Natalia has nothing to do with how I feel about you.”

“Alek,” Liam said with an exasperated sigh. “She has everything to do with this. Look, you’ve seen me now, and I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me. Thank you for stopping by, but I think you should go now.”

“Li… please don’t….”

“You have a girlfriend. You made your choices, and I made mine. Please… just go. They need to wake me up every couple of hours, so I need to rest while I can.”

As difficult as it was, Liam turned away and ignored Alek’s presence. The man sat silently for several minutes, his hand resting on Liam’s arm, gently squeezing. A chair scrape and the sound of footsteps heralded his departure. Tears started to form, but Liam refused to let them fall. He’d shed enough tears over that relationship. Right now he had more important things to worry about… like who could he impose on when he was finally discharged? Sometimes, not being part of a close family really sucked.

I hope you enjoyed the prologue and the first chapter in Liam's story.  A big thank you goes out to my wonderful editor, Gary, for helping me get this story ready to post.  :worship: :hug:
Copyright © 2017 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 59
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Ok Liam needs to stop being a martyr. He was in a serious car accident and is in the hospital. If that doesn't qualify as an emergency than what does? Call Marty. Call Corey. He needs to let everybody who cares about him know what's happening. He can worry about logistics later. He can tell Corey his life isn't in danger and to not worry about rushing in while he's in the hospital. Will Corey listen? Probably not, but still. Both Corey and Jason would probably be mad to return from their honeymoon to find out Liam was in a car accident and didn't bother to tell them.

 

As for the Alek situation, that's just sad really. Of course Alek would still be concerned about Liam, and want to make sure he's okay. He obviously still has feelings for him. I'd be more disappointed if he hadn't gone to the hospital to check on Liam. But, that being said, Liam is right. Alek has made his choice. He walked away from the relationship and started dating someone else. I'll also throw some sympathy toward this Natalia, especially if Alek doesn't love her. God, stuff like this just hurts everyone involved. I was glad Liam sent him on his way.

 

Good start. Now where do we go from here?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 02:56 AM, spikey582 said:

Ok Liam needs to stop being a martyr. He was in a serious car accident and is in the hospital. If that doesn't qualify as an emergency than what does? Call Marty. Call Corey. He needs to let everybody who cares about him know what's happening. He can worry about logistics later. He can tell Corey his life isn't in danger and to not worry about rushing in while he's in the hospital. Will Corey listen? Probably not, but still. Both Corey and Jason would probably be mad to return from their honeymoon to find out Liam was in a car accident and didn't bother to tell them.

 

As for the Alek situation, that's just sad really. Of course Alek would still be concerned about Liam, and want to make sure he's okay. He obviously still has feelings for him. I'd be more disappointed if he hadn't gone to the hospital to check on Liam. But, that being said, Liam is right. Alek has made his choice. He walked away from the relationship and started dating someone else. I'll also throw some sympathy toward this Natalia, especially if Alek doesn't love her. God, stuff like this just hurts everyone involved. I was glad Liam sent him on his way.

 

Good start. Now where do we go from here?

I agree with you about the martyr comment. I would be furious with Liam for not calling me if he was a friend of mine. Will he finally smarten up? I can't say ;)

 

I feel badly for everyone involved. It's a crappy situation to be in. Alek did make his choice though, and there are repercussions to our actions.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Spikey :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yikes, that was a lot more drama than I was prepared for, you sure know how to sucker punch both your characters and your readers. :o
Liam needs to contact Corey, I'm sure his mom would love to help, and probably Jason's family too. The other option is to stay in hospital longer, I bet they can't discharge him if he hasn't got anyone at home. If there are any costs involved, the insurance company of the reckless driver will have to pay, along with Liam's car and restitution for damages and any loss of income while he's off work. Or at least that's how it would be here.
Alek needs to man up and stop deceiving everyone, including himself. Apparently, Liam breaking up with him wasn't enough of an eye-opener, so I haven't got much hope this accident will be either. Maybe Liam can meet a nice male nurse?

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I'm with Spikey on this one. Corey and Jason would not be happy to learn upon their return that Liam had been in a serious accident and didnt tell them - when it happened.
Having said that, I do think they would be understanding of his reasoning. Nonetheless, I'd think they would gently - maybe, not so gently - admonish him to never not tell them something this important.
As for Alek, maybe this will be the kick in the behind that he needed to decide what he really wants in life and go for it. Course, there is that little point of his father having invested in his garage....
Is it next Thursday yet......?

Link to comment

And so, we get underway. I'm wondering if circumstances will force Liam and Alek together. Liam needs help, and Alek is right there. An attempt at a friendship wouldn't be such a bad thing, and maybe Alek will wake the F up. These two love each other... that's plain to see. I don't know if Alek has the strength to let go of his culture, defined by his family, but these men have known and cared for each other a long time. I'm looking forward to where you take us, my friend... Cheers... Gary....

Link to comment

So Liam turns Alek away a second time, and at an even more difficult juncture. Liam has some difficult days ahead, merely trying to make his way around, let alone sort out his feelings again. But Alek, too, ought to face some soul searching. Wonder if either one will find what he needs? Great setup in this chapter. Now, please tell me the next chapter posts tomorrow....

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 03:50 AM, Timothy M. said:

Yikes, that was a lot more drama than I was prepared for, you sure know how to sucker punch both your characters and your readers. :o

Liam needs to contact Corey, I'm sure his mom would love to help, and probably Jason's family too. The other option is to stay in hospital longer, I bet they can't discharge him if he hasn't got anyone at home. If there are any costs involved, the insurance company of the reckless driver will have to pay, along with Liam's car and restitution for damages and any loss of income while he's off work. Or at least that's how it would be here.

Alek needs to man up and stop deceiving everyone, including himself. Apparently, Liam breaking up with him wasn't enough of an eye-opener, so I haven't got much hope this accident will be either. Maybe Liam can meet a nice male nurse?

I know it was more drama than expected, especially after the prologue, but it's how I saw this playing out. Liam does need to contact his friends, hopefully his good sense will override his stubbornness.

 

I believe the insurance laws are pretty similar here, but it might take a while for Liam's insurance company to fight it out with the other driver's insurance provider.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Tim :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 03:51 AM, Reader1810 said:

I'm with Spikey on this one. Corey and Jason would not be happy to learn upon their return that Liam had been in a serious accident and didnt tell them - when it happened.

Having said that, I do think they would be understanding of his reasoning. Nonetheless, I'd think they would gently - maybe, not so gently - admonish him to never not tell them something this important.

As for Alek, maybe this will be the kick in the behind that he needed to decide what he really wants in life and go for it. Course, there is that little point of his father having invested in his garage....

Is it next Thursday yet......?

I think Liam is in for some scolding, and it might not be so gentle from Jason if Corey gets upset. :o

 

Alek is in a tough spot. He loves Liam, but he stands to lose a lot, not the least of which the financial backing from his family.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Reader :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 03:52 AM, Headstall said:

And so, we get underway. I'm wondering if circumstances will force Liam and Alek together. Liam needs help, and Alek is right there. An attempt at a friendship wouldn't be such a bad thing, and maybe Alek will wake the F up. These two love each other... that's plain to see. I don't know if Alek has the strength to let go of his culture, defined by his family, but these men have known and cared for each other a long time. I'm looking forward to where you take us, my friend... Cheers... Gary....

It can be a very tough decision to walk away from a tigh-tknit family (as well as a large extended family). Alek and Liam do love each other, but sometimes that just isn't enough to make a relationship work.

 

Thank you your great review and all of your support, Gary. :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 04:58 AM, Parker Owens said:

So Liam turns Alek away a second time, and at an even more difficult juncture. Liam has some difficult days ahead, merely trying to make his way around, let alone sort out his feelings again. But Alek, too, ought to face some soul searching. Wonder if either one will find what he needs? Great setup in this chapter. Now, please tell me the next chapter posts tomorrow....

lol sorry, no. Chapter 2 is coming in only one short week though ;)

 

Alek will likely have some soul searching to do, but it's anyone's guess if anything will push him out of that closet he's built. (and I can't say as it would give away too much)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Parker :)

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 05:22 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

Everyone has already said what I was thinking, so, I'll just say..

 

Great Chapter

 

:hug:

Thank you, Caz :hug:

Link to comment

Well at least you got the drama out of the way between the prologue and this chapter. So it's gonna be smooth sailing from here to the HEA right? Why are you smirking and rolling your eyes?

 


I like Liam I really do but he's being stupid. The closest friends he had are Corey and Jason. They'll be pissed he didn't call. And it really is their call as to whether to cut the honeymoon short. I understand why he sent Alek away. Obviously neither is over the other but the basic situation hasn't changed. Spending the necessary time together would be hard and Alek's family and Natalia may become curious. Doesn't sound like smooth sailing.

Link to comment

Now that was dramatic! But also sad. I feel sorry for Liam to feel so alone in the world now that he's in need of help. And Alek getting girlfriend. A proper Russian one...? He certainly seems to have his own personal hell.

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 07:26 AM, dughlas said:

Well at least you got the drama out of the way between the prologue and this chapter. So it's gonna be smooth sailing from here to the HEA right? Why are you smirking and rolling your eyes?

 

 

I like Liam I really do but he's being stupid. The closest friends he had are Corey and Jason. They'll be pissed he didn't call. And it really is their call as to whether to cut the honeymoon short. I understand why he sent Alek away. Obviously neither is over the other but the basic situation hasn't changed. Spending the necessary time together would be hard and Alek's family and Natalia may become curious. Doesn't sound like smooth sailing.

lol I guess it could be smooth sailing to an HEA, but how often is life smooth sailing? ;) Liam is being stupid, but he really doesn't want to ruin his friends' honeymoon.

 

Thank you for your review and your continued support, Dugh. :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 07:30 AM, Puppilull said:

Now that was dramatic! But also sad. I feel sorry for Liam to feel so alone in the world now that he's in need of help. And Alek getting girlfriend. A proper Russian one...? He certainly seems to have his own personal hell.

Yes, Alek got himself a proper Russian girlfriend. Being a gay man (not bi) it is likely pretty hard for him to keep the charade going. Liam does feel all alone, but I think he has more people who care about him than he realizes.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Puppi :hug:

Link to comment

Jesus, Lit! My heart was in my throat when got hit by the truck and the other car. Shit.

 

Thank God he'll be ok -- he's so lucky his injuries aren't worse. I thought for sure he would have neck and back problems after he was slammed into the steering wheel. I'm assuming his car didn't have any airbags?

 

It's apparent Alek still loves Liam despite not putting him high on his priority list. It's nice that he showed up, but I think it's like throwing salt in Liam's wounds.

 

I feel so badly for Liam because he's all alone. Who is he going to call to stay with him? And how could the hospital release him after one day???? It seems his injuries are more serious than that. He should be in there for a while -- a week at least!

Link to comment

Wow, way to start a story off with a bang!! Liam better call Corey....like right now or he's gonna get an earful for very choice words. Alek ..... well everyone else has already said everything I am thinking about him...except..he's an ass! :pissed: Has he ever looked into getting financing from a bank for his business? :blink: Depending on how long his business has been open, he should have a good history and business plan to show a bank or does his family own the only bank in town or something? I know Liam loves him, but Alek has a girlfriend so lets get Liam a love interest and have him let go of his feelings for closet dweller. :)

Link to comment

You are an evil evil author :o:devil::evil::o
Liam is an idiot!!! If he survives the crash it won't matter because Corey will kill him. There is a touch of the martyr there and he needs to get over it but I can understand why he wouldn't want to interrupt the honeymoon.
Alek... sigh... I'm sure he thinks he loves Liam but he has made his choice.
A whirlwind of a chapter, bring on the next one

Link to comment

Great chapter Lit.
A real pickle for Alex. I hope Liam calls Corey anyway. Most of what I've been thinking has been said, so I'll just wait patiently for the next!!

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 02:51 PM, Lisa said:

Jesus, Lit! My heart was in my throat when got hit by the truck and the other car. Shit.

 

Thank God he'll be ok -- he's so lucky his injuries aren't worse. I thought for sure he would have neck and back problems after he was slammed into the steering wheel. I'm assuming his car didn't have any airbags?

 

It's apparent Alek still loves Liam despite not putting him high on his priority list. It's nice that he showed up, but I think it's like throwing salt in Liam's wounds.

 

I feel so badly for Liam because he's all alone. Who is he going to call to stay with him? And how could the hospital release him after one day???? It seems his injuries are more serious than that. He should be in there for a while -- a week at least!

Yes, it was an older model car with no airbags. Liam was very lucky he wasn't more badly hurt, and that he didn't hurt his neck.

 

Alek does love Liam, but he hasn't put him high on his priority list. Honestly, once Alek saw Liam in the accident I think he had to make sure Liam was going to be okay.

 

Don't worry... the doctor is keeping him at least one more day, and very likely longer if his symptoms don't get better. :)

 

Thank you for you review and your support, Lisa. :)

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 03:28 PM, LadyDe said:

Wow, way to start a story off with a bang!! Liam better call Corey....like right now or he's gonna get an earful for very choice words. Alek ..... well everyone else has already said everything I am thinking about him...except..he's an ass! :pissed: Has he ever looked into getting financing from a bank for his business? :blink: Depending on how long his business has been open, he should have a good history and business plan to show a bank or does his family own the only bank in town or something? I know Liam loves him, but Alek has a girlfriend so lets get Liam a love interest and have him let go of his feelings for closet dweller. :)

The issue with the financing was discussed a bit in Unforgivable, but the major problem was he didn't have sufficient credit for the size of loan he needed for the business start-up. If he does have the ability to secure his own loan now, the idea of losing your family's support might be daunting, even if he isn't dependent on their money any more. Who knows what motivates people sometimes ;)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, LadyDe :)

Link to comment
On 01/13/2017 08:28 PM, Bucket1 said:

You are an evil evil author :o:devil::evil::o

Liam is an idiot!!! If he survives the crash it won't matter because Corey will kill him. There is a touch of the martyr there and he needs to get over it but I can understand why he wouldn't want to interrupt the honeymoon.

Alek... sigh... I'm sure he thinks he loves Liam but he has made his choice.

A whirlwind of a chapter, bring on the next one

Even if Corey doesn't kill him there is a good chance Jason would kill him for upsetting Corey :o

 

Thank you for your review and your support, B. :hug:

Link to comment
On 01/14/2017 04:11 AM, Defiance19 said:

Great chapter Lit.

A real pickle for Alex. I hope Liam calls Corey anyway. Most of what I've been thinking has been said, so I'll just wait patiently for the next!!

Thank you, Def! I think it's unanimous and if Liam doesn't call he's going to get his butt kicked by everyone. lol

 

Thank you for your review and your support. :hug:

Link to comment

Great start! I remember Liam from the other story, and I didn't care for Alek then either! I agree that Liam better call Corey. Corey will be extremely upset if he doesn't! I can already tell this is gonna be one of those really frustrating stories as we try to get Liam to kick that asshole to the curb and stick with it! I'm up for the challenge! We need to find Liam a good, honest man....and that's definitely NOT Alek!

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..