Jump to content
    Lugh
  • Author
  • 2,739 Words
  • 2,396 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Fall - Legends Entry

It Was A Judgment Day - 4. Part IV

This Blows!

They landed. Valdorn and the Hanovers’ immediately debarked. The Cousins stayed back with the ship and the prisoners. They were met and escorted into a small building.

“I hope you will find our travel papers in order,” Valdorn said as he passed over everyone’s travelling documents. Maggie understood her role in this little drama and moved to stand closer to him. “We are looking for my betrothed’s brothers, Puck and Amberly Hanover as well as Brianna Legacy. We understand Prince Anarix brought Amberly Hanover and Brianna Legacy here. They were looking for Puck Hanover at the time. Has he been located? His parents are very concerned for his welfare.”

The guards took their time with the papers, going as far as to ask them to have a seat while they had them authenticated. The room they waited in was nothing more than a plush holding cell.

“What’s going on?” Mr. Hanover asked as soon as they were alone.

“They are checking our papers to make sure they are real,” Valdorn explained. “It’s a common enough practice to not be alarmed by it. They will contact the nearest embassy who will verify the serial numbers are real and recorded. Then we will be accorded all hospitality accorded our rank. Quite honestly it should make things easier for Kismet and Taloric in the event they are using faked papers when they arrive.”

“Kismet is coming?” Mrs. Hanover asked.

“He’s not that far behind us,” Valdorn assured her.

They settled into a semi-comfortable silence and waited.

   


Kismet disconnected the connection with Valdorn and waited for his own hail. It shouldn’t be long now he surmised, and he wasn’t disappointed.

“Tal, we have company,” Kismet said as two blips showed up on the screen in front of him. He had never been so thankful for his time onboard Uncle’s ship until that moment; he wouldn’t have been familiar with any of the equipment on the ship and totally useless to Tal otherwise.

“There should be a docking station nearby then, although this ship will go all the way to the surface.”

“We want to go all the way to the surface. That’s where Amberly is.”

“We want to be invited, though, Kismet. There is protocol for this. Open the channels and maybe they will try to contact us.”

A few minutes later Kismet listened as Tal held a lengthy conversation with a faceless underling, then the main vid screen popped to life and they were face to face with someone who looked a little surprised.

“I’ve been informed you demand we return Amberly Hanover and his family over to you,” the man said somewhat tiredly. “What claim do you have on him?”

“He is the brother of my betrothed.”

Kismet watched the man run a hand through his hair. It was a nervous gesture and he was sure a man in his position should not be making it.

“By the Stars, this just got complicated.”

He turned to someone off screen and gave orders. Some lights clicked on the console and Kismet watched as Tal flipped some switches. The screen went dark.

“Well, now all we do is sit back and wait,” Tal said as he turned around and grinned at Kismet.

“What do you mean?”

“Our ship is being controlled by their guidance system now; we don’t really have anything to do for the next hour or so…”

Kismet felt the heat of a blush across his cheeks.

“Are you sure about that anything?”

“Oh can you think of something?”

“I’m sure I can.”

 

 

 

 

A Reunion of Sorts

Amberly frowned as he held on to the nearest piece of furniture. The room was still slowly wobbling but not nearly as much as it was before the shower. The hangover remedy Anarix pulled out of a drawer in the bathing room after Gilban left them to wash had helped as much as he promised it would. The clothing was a pretty decent fit, all things considered. He would have rather been in his own clothing and he wondered what had happened to it. He didn’t remember much of the night before. However, he remembered the afternoon vividly. Every time he looked at Matov he blushed.

Gilban spoke tersely into his communicator, then clicked it off.

“We have to go.”

“We?” Anarix asked. He gestured to himself, Matov, and Amberly. “We are still supposed to be in the temple.”

“No, you are not.” Gilban rubbed his temples. “That is why I came looking for you. Your father was convinced that you are not quite insane, although your behavior indicates otherwise. However now, we have visitors that must be greeted.”

“I can take Amberly to his room,” Matov volunteered.

“No, he needs to come too,” Gilban said as he looked at Amberly. “It seems your family has arrived in force.”

“My family?” Amberly asked, his voice cracking with emotion. “Kismet came?”

“I do believe that was one of the names.”

“One of them?” Amberly felt his stomach clench. He was going to be sick. Kismet wouldn’t have. Amberly knew he had threatened it, but he wouldn’t have. “Please tell me my mother isn’t here.”

“There is a woman who claims to be your mother. Her paperwork is questionable. It says she is from a place not known for humans. You are fully human aren’t you?”

Amberly gave him a look.

“It would explain my attraction to Puck,” Anarix said. “If you were not, that is.”

“To the best of my knowledge I am fully human.”

Gilban nodded. “Well standing here isn’t going to determine if they are or aren’t kin.” He led the way out of the room and the rest followed.

They were nearly outside when Brianna and Elmera caught up with them. Amberly couldn’t look at his wife. She fell into step beside him and took his hand.

“Elmera explained to me there are certain religious ceremonies that the men partake in that they do not discuss outside the temple. She thinks you might have been involved in one,” she said with a little too much detachment. “A priest returned your clothes to me, so I believe she may be right.”

“She is.” His voice was barely a whisper.

“And I’m going to assume one or both of these two were involved as well,” she tossed her chin toward Anarix and Matov. Her voice sounded a little tight. It sent a chill up Amberly’s spine and made him want to throw himself at her feet and beg her forgiveness. “From the blushing going on, I’m going to assume the younger one.”

Amberly nodded and kept walking although she squeezed his hand.

“Did you break your vows?”

“No.” It was all he could say with everyone around.

“That’s all I need to know.” Her grip relaxed slightly. Amberly sighed in relief.


 

Gilban and Anarix disappeared inside a small office with a couple guards, there were several more standing around.

“How’s Bobby?”

“He’s much better. He’s worried about you.” Brianna petted his arm. “He says you need him right now and he’s afraid he’s not there for you. He wanted me to…”

“I’m fine Brianna, I can wait. He nearly died. I know that. My needs are not nearly as important.”

“So you won’t…” She looked over at Matov.

“He’s a boy!” Amberly bit out. “We had communion, drank some wine, and stuff. Nothing at all like what you are thinking.”

“And your clothes?”

“The men’s temple is entered nude. Bare before your god and all. Nothing sinister about it. He’s young is all and I’m of a different species. If he likes boys, it could be a crush. Remember what Anarix said about Puck and I smelling good to him?”

She nodded.

“The boy is his heir.”

Amberly watched as she turned and looked at Matov; her expression thoughtful. She looked as if she were going to say something but then the door opened and the two Princes walked out.

“That one first, their paperwork seems the most in order,” Gilban said as he indicated a door.

The guards stepped back and the door slid into itself. The two men inside were sitting in chairs facing each other, chatting. They looked up when the door opened but neither stood up. Amberly recognized Kismet immediately and he stepped forward to greet his brother.

Gilban stopped him. “Do you know these two?”

“I know my brother, Kismet,” Amberly said somewhat confused. “I do not know the other one.”

Kismet started to stand but the man he was with put a hand on him and he settled back down.

“What’s going on?” Amberly asked as Anarix stepped forward, Gilban on one flank and Matov on the other.

“Royal pissing contest,” Elmera answered. “Your brother arrived with a Prince from another family in our sector. He is claiming family rights to you and Puck Hanover.”

“Family rights?”

“He is claiming the one called Kismet is his First Bound.”

Amberly watched the posturing even if he didn’t exactly follow the words that the men were using. He could tell Kismet wasn’t following along at all.

“First Bound?”

“It’s like… husband.”

Information flickered through Amberly’s mind and none of it made sense. His brother was supposed to marry Mia. He looked at the golden alien, then at his brother, and he was angry.

Very angry.

He had to have cheated on Mia. Or the alien had to be forcing him. Amberly’s mind spun in circles each revolution picking up more speed and choosing a more dire direction. Finally he couldn’t take it any longer. He didn’t notice that Kismet and the alien were rising out of their chairs, he didn’t care they were smiling and that Anarix was smiling. He didn’t see that no one but him was enraged when he launched across the small space and tackled the alien, knocking him into Kismet. He then punched the alien in the face.

“No, no! Amberly! Stop!” Kismet pulled Amberly off his lover and held him tight to his chest. “He’s mine. I claimed him. You have your own pretties to play with.”

“You were supposed to marry Mia. Have a normal life.” Amberly kicked at the alien who was now sitting just out of reach.

“Well, I don’t think normal fits any of us very well. This is Taloric. We are family now. It’s hard to explain, so don’t make me right now, but it’s sort of like what Puck’s been going through but we’ve been together.”

“You brought Mum.”

“Ah that’s what set this off!” Kismet laughed. “Yes, I brought Mum and Da and Maggie. Emergency Evacuation Plan A.”

Amberly turned around and looked at him. “Are you serious?”

“Yep, my roommate Valdorn, Taloric’s cousin, got them off planet. You can thank both of them later.”

There was a quiet clearing of a throat and Amberly looked up. Anarix was standing there holding out his hand. Amberly took it and stood up.

“I guess you’ve met my brother, Kismet, and his, um, husband, Taloric?”

“We were in the middle of those introductions when you decided to welcome them first,” Anarix chuckled.

Amberly blushed. “Where is my mother? No sense in doing this twice.”

There were some orders barked and four people were escorted in the room. It would be a difficult call to determine who saw each other first, but when the five people came together as one family unit that was unmistakable.

Amberly had been apprehensive about coming face to face with his mother, but she embraced him and Kismet. Apparently she didn’t know. After the hugs, he motioned Brianna over.

“Mum, Da there is someone I want you to meet,” he took Brianna’s hand, “this is Brianna.”

His mother smiled, “Robert’s wife. It’s so nice to finally meet you in person.”

“She’s my wife, Mum,” Amberly took a deep breath, “and Bobby’s wife.”

He watched his mother, and she looked confused.

“Bobby is my husband as well. I married them as a couple.”

His Da reacted first.

“Welcome to the family young lady.” He stepped forward and gave her a hug. “Now where is your young man? I’d like to have a talk with him.”

“Might as well have a talk with everyone all at once, Da,” Kismet said as he motioned Taloric over. “I sort of entered a marriage contract too.”

“He’s Seberian, son, it’s a betrothal contract. We understand about those. Sharing sheets is for his protection when he travels.”

“Except when a formal request to court is made and accepted, Uncle,” Taloric said, “there are other requirements as well. Kismet as willingly accepted his place as my First Bound.”

“Well I reckon our ‘talk’ will be a conference.” Mr. Hanover grinned.

“Come on Mum, say something,” Amberly said as Kismet elbowed him and drew his attention over to Anarix. “Oh right. Mum, Da, those four are Prince Anarix, your other son-in-law, his sister, Princess Elmera, her husband, Gilban and their nephew Prince Matov.”

They each nodded as their name was said. Mum fainted.

 

  

 

Day of the Dead

Matov did not pause at the barrier that would prove him unworthy of being the Eldest Unbound. He knew in his heart he was still worthy and he was proven correct much to the relief of the priest who was standing by to sing the service if necessary as none of the children were prepared to do so.

He looked down on the Hanover family and the Seberian prince who were sitting around the Consort’s Throne. Rix sat directly across in the Heir’s Throne. The King and Queen sat on their places facing him with the rest of the family arranged around them. The dead, including the man thought to be Puck were prepared for their Death Rites nearly under him.

He began to sing.

He sang and the priest tended the bodies – once for each of the dead: Queen Uliza, Prince Gawen, Prince Torzet, Princess Clereva, and the unknown man. At the conclusion of each Rite the body of the person burst into smokeless flame and was consumed completely.

While the fifth burned, a hush fell over the people. Then the fire had exhausted, Matov began to sing the final verse. The stars slowly fell from the sky streaking from dawn to dusk, exploding in bursts over the Consort’s Throne. They were accompanied by staccato bursts.

It wasn’t until a handful of guards burst into the temple and surrounded the thrones that anyone suspected trouble. The little heirs were physically pulled down by guards, but they could not come to him. Matov could hear the priest telling him to come down, but the rite was not finished and Matov knew his first duty was not to the priests, nor to the temple. He chose to stay where he was – his voice strong, his view clear, and his faith unwavering.

 

 

Living Legend

He could feel him.

He was here.

Anger surged through him again as the purplish bruise-like marks on his skin spread, darkened and merged. He didn’t understand what was going on or why exactly. His breathing evened out as he pulled the weapon from the fallen guard. Another turned the corner and they came eye to eye.

“Did you see which way he went?”

“That way I think.” He pointed, and then he indicated the guard by his feet. “He’s injured.”

The other guard nodded and took off.

The weapon was set on stun and fired in a matter of seconds.

The pull tugged tighter on his soul. He ran. In moments he was falling in with a small group of guards who were entering a door to a large room. Once inside they spread out, but he paused. There was a boy singing and stars falling on his head. This was too much like the dream he had been having for days now. He scrambled sideways and up two steps, keeping his back to the wall, well to a chair with its back to the wall.

People gasped and turned to stare at him.

Guards were pointing weapons at him.

His pale hands held steady as he trained the weapon on the boy who sang. A red dot appeared on his head.

“Where is he?” he gritted out as the weapon whined. “Where is the bastard who did this to me?”

Copyright © 2011 Lugh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Fall - Legends Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

:o pls pls pls tell me the man who came in wielding a stun gun is Puck! Omy!

how many twists will you make before we even give up the hopes of them ever un-twisting again? :P

*sigh* i want the next one... soon! :P

Link to comment

Hail, Hail, the whole gang is there. Puck is back and all the players are in one place for the first time. The next Day is going to be one hell of a tale. I can't wait.

Link to comment
On 09/19/2011 12:41 AM, Frostina said:
:o pls pls pls tell me the man who came in wielding a stun gun is Puck! Omy!

how many twists will you make before we even give up the hopes of them ever un-twisting again? :P

*sigh* i want the next one... soon! :P

heh I'm not telling anyone anything.

 

well I had to really mess it up before I could clean it up, right?

 

I'm working on it soon. I'm trying to figure out some things, and finish up another project... then it will be out to you. Pity the beta/editor.

Link to comment
On 09/19/2011 04:21 AM, comicfan said:
Hail, Hail, the whole gang is there. Puck is back and all the players are in one place for the first time. The next Day is going to be one hell of a tale. I can't wait.
heh... is that who that is?

 

Are we sure? We did clear up the Puck is dead rumor, right?

 

As for the "Next One"... soon... soon... I have a couple things I really need to finish. How does Christmas sound?

Link to comment

I can't wait for the next one. You are a cruel man, Lugh. I hope it's Puck and I hope it's a gun set on stun. This could all end badly if not.

 

Yet another great read.

Link to comment

Thanks for the great story! I am not usually that into sci-fi but totally enjoyed this.

Are you working on the next book and if so is there an expected date for release?

Link to comment
On 03/08/2012 04:40 AM, Torontotop said:
Thanks for the great story! I am not usually that into sci-fi but totally enjoyed this.

Are you working on the next book and if so is there an expected date for release?

you're welcome! yes there is one more and look for a summer release.
Link to comment

Okay, Lugh. I loved this series. I am not a Sci-Fi fan. I overlooked this story so many times, but it was FANTASTIC. Now... what happens next? Coming soon, I hope... or is it out and I am missing it?

Link to comment
On 07/24/2012 02:41 PM, rckclimber27 said:
Okay, Lugh. I loved this series. I am not a Sci-Fi fan. I overlooked this story so many times, but it was FANTASTIC. Now... what happens next? Coming soon, I hope... or is it out and I am missing it?
it's not out yet... I'm still working on it. Obviously the timeline is a bear. It is coming though I have a few ideas that I'm running by my crew.

 

Thank you for reading, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Link to comment

Loved the series..... But what happened next! I don't see the last chapters posted!!!! Please tell me iris out there and I am just missing it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..