Jump to content
    Lugh
  • Author
  • 722 Words
  • 2,259 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Summer - Walk on the Wild Side Entry

It Was A School Day - 9. Put One Foot In Front of the Other

Kismet didn’t know what Taloric said to the person they pressed into driving, but people seemed to be moving out of their way with an alarming frequency, even pulling over to get out of the way. It wasn’t the first time since he was a boy that Kismet wished languages came more easily to him. Even though, he did notice he picked up Taloric’s native tongue with surprising ease, maybe it was his motivation for learning or the way he had been taught. However it was the first time he had seen Taloric exert authority over someone who was not a cousin and it confused him a little. He understood why the cousins obeyed him on the ship. Taloric had essentially been their second in command. But here, he wasn’t, although he seemed to have that quiet authority about him still. That had to be what people were responding to, Kismet decided as he squeezed Taloric’s hand where it still rested on his thigh.

In what seemed like no time at all they were back at the port terminal. It took a few minutes to locate the area where they believe the ship from Estovan would be ported. Then another few to locate the proper gate, the official would not let the transport through, so Kismet and Taloric got out, thanking the driver for his service. Then turned on the official speaking softly in the manner Kismet had learned meant Taloric held his temper tightly in check and his voice modulated to a tone usually reserved for subordinates. From these clues alone Kismet could tell the conversation was not going as well as it should be. He fumed that he could not understand the conversation first hand, but had to wait for someone to recall he stood at Taloric’s elbow silently glaring.

“Where is his ship now?”

“I don’t know, Highness, honestly. They were cleared to leave upon arrival of the Prince, which was some time ago.”

“It was Prince Anarix, of the House Estovan?” Taloric asked a second time, “You are certain?”

“I am certain, Highness. His papers said so. He was accompanied by his guard and Prince Gilban. Prince Anarix said the two criminals were rapists of his bound.”

“And if I say they are the siblings of mine?” Taloric looked over his shoulder at Kismet.

The man’s eyes went wide.

“They look similar enough, the males.”

“The boy is younger, the woman older. There is another who is also missing. He disappeared several weeks ago.”

Taloric turned slightly to face Kismet, “The image you have of your family, show him, please, all of them.”

“But Amberly..” Kismet looked a little confused.

“Amberly’s already off the station. I know where he’s going. We’ll get him there. This man might have seen Bobby or Puck come through here.”

Kismet’s hands were shaking, but he managed to pull out the images to show the man. There were several including one with the three brothers together with their younger sister and one with Amberly, Brianna, and Bobby together. The official admired the family to Taloric.

“He says you have a handsome family. He’s definitely seen Amberly and Brianna, but not the others. He’s agreed to keep an eye out for us. Because it is important to you.”

Kismet looked at him. “Why would he do that?”

“Because you are important to me, and it never hurts to keep ranked Seberian Cousins happy.”

Kismet smiled at the man, “Thank you.”

Taloric nodded his thanks.

 


 

Together they left the port area, again taking public transport as there was plenty of it. “I can contact Uncle or we can proceed on our own,” Taloric said as they rode toward their housing.

Kismet sighed and closed his eyes, “I just want to get Amberly now. Think we should do this on our own?”

“We know where he’s going,” Taloric pulled Kismet close, “Together, we can do anything.”

“Bobby is coming here with Puck, and Valdorn with Mum, Da, and Maggie…”

“If you’re concerned about their safety Valdorn knows how to contact Uncle. He will protect your family, our family, his family…” Taloric touched Kismet’s face, “and so will I. Besides, I am looking forward to meeting these brothers of yours even if getting them together may prove to be yet another story entirely.”

Copyright © 2011 Lugh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Summer - Walk on the Wild Side Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..