Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Ramblings - 10. 279 - The Attraction

You have been hired to create a new attraction at the amusement park. You were told to let your imagination run wild, but your attraction had to tell a story. Explain the attraction to us.

My fingers drummed the surface of my portfolio as the vibration of the subway served to amplify my irritation. I worked so hard on the presentation and those snotty bastards turned me down flat. Not only did they turn me down, but they did it so rudely. And they fired me on top of it!

Outrageous. I gave them everything they asked for and then some. When they assigned me the project of designing the next big roller coaster at the Dallas theme park, I was overwhelmed. This deal would cement my position and my career. Now it's all gone. Fuckers.

I struggled with the concept for so long. Normally when you design a new ride it's all about the newest thrill. This time around they wanted the ride to tell a story at the same time it made the passenger shriek in delight. What the hell? I wracked my brain for weeks to no avail until it finally came to me this past week. Something novel and fresh, they wanted; a sure fire gimmick to draw the masses!

Alex's Adult Adventures in Wonderland! Brilliant! Brilliant, I say!!

A number of people are looking at me funny. I must have said that out loud.

The ride would begin innocently enough with bright and childish scenery. The attraction attendants would be dressed in sickly sweet costumes in garish color schemes. The imagery would gradually become darker as the story progressed into it's dominatrix laden end. By that point the workers would be in all leather, corsets and fetish gear. Patrons would be manacled for safety into a ride where they straddled the seats with a slowly building vibration built in to help the ride's intensity along.

The very idea had me thrumming in excitement; during the presentation I could barely stand still. Granted, I hadn't slept in the last 72 hours and had downed several energy drinks, but I don't see what that had anything to do with it. The rush I've surfed since the ideas started flowing in is still running strong. How can they not see the sheer genius of it all?

The look of utter horror on their faces when I described riders been buffeted in the face by a rows of soft rubber cocks will be forever etched in my memory. They would be soft; no one would get hurt. The midgets dressed as humping elves would only be spanking each other. Even the idea of passing out condoms at the end was greeted with shocked expressions as well. Why? I was promoting responsible behavior. And what was the big deal with being sprayed with simulated bodily fluids as they traveled through the red-light district? Can someone answer that question for me?

I didn't really have an answer when they asked me if I expected children to ride this. I knew I'd forgotten something. Even so, this was still too awesome not to move forward! People would come from miles around for the chance to experience the thrill. There would be nothing like it in all the world. It's a good thing I made copies of my work so they can't steal it.

I rubbed the sore spots on my side where I landed when security tossed me to the pavement. The argument I was having with the CEO was heated but civil. Security had no reason to be so rough with me. They didn't even let me clean out my office, the sons of bitches. Just because I was sitting on the boss' chest didn't mean I had to be manhandled by those meatheads. I only spit on him once for his lack of vision.

They're just jealous of my inventiveness. They wish the muses would sing songs of inspiration to them so gloriously. The world will one day all know my name and want to be just like me.

The old woman in her bulky coat and knee socks next to me is giving me weird looks. I think she wants my sex. Forget it, Granny. Homey don't play that.

I tapped my feet nervously to the music I imagined to accompany the ride that would never be heard. I had composed an appropriate symphony last night filled with the requisite moans, cracks of leather and orgasmic cries. It was a shame my work would all go to waste. Rocking back and forth in my side to the beat of the music, I leaned to one side and felt a curious lump in my pocket.

Reaching in, I stared at the bright orange bottle sitting in the palm of my hand, its childproof white cap mocking me. I didn't see the importance of taking those pills anymore. I hadn't taken any in over a week and I'd never felt more lucid, more alive. The whole world was becoming brighter and more vibrant. Even the filth on the floor of the subway was strangely pretty today. Those doctors were stupidly trying to dull my mind and its stronger impulses. It was obvious I didn't need them anymore.

The train came to a stop and I triumphantly tossed the bottle into the nearest waste receptacle. I stepped off and headed for the stairs. I didn't know exactly where I was, but it didn't matter. With my portfolio in my hand and a skip in my step, I was on my way to a new adventure.

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37945-prompt-279-creative/
Copyright © 2015 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay, part of me is going huh? Another part is going, Oh, I get it. But the biggest part of my brain is laughing hysterically. Maybe I should find those pills.

Link to comment

:gikkle:

I could imagine that whole ride!

Your character is such a hoot, I love how optimistic and unhinged he is.

Hope he found an adult theme park to sell his idea lol.

Link to comment

Well no one can say you didn't take that idea and run with it. :gikkle: I'm not sure I would have wanted to ride on that but I think I would have paid good money to see the people who did. :lol:

Link to comment

That would be one hell of a ride, I don't want to try. And I'm glad you didn't take your pills for a day, it was hilarious.

Link to comment
Guest Arazon

Posted (edited)

.

Edited by Arazon
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..