Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 71 Words
  • 1,328 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Musings of a Messed Up Mind - 23. Adieu

Likely my final poem for GA.
Um okay, I've had to rethink the above statement due to the reaction I got. For more, please visit here.

I tire of the mediocrity,

Though I toil to create

What I write means nothing—

Well, likely just to me

I write of my truth and truth I witness

Not of frivolity

I don’t play with words or toss them off

It is no game to me

So I shall no longer write poetry to share

My pen has lost its soul

And my soul has lost its light

Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Hey tim
You know that we're going to protest this decision because we believe in what you write. It doesn't have to be pretty and tied up in a bow to be worthy or liked. Having said that, if keeping your poetry private is what you need to do for your sake, then that is what you need to do.
As always, nicely done
PS: If you change your mind, that'll be okay too.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

:hug: Like Reader said, I hope you change your mind. I enjoy reading your poetry and find it very genuine and heartfelt. You are one of the true Poets of GA and your work will be missed by many. :hug::kiss:

Link to comment

Maybe I shouldn't 'like' this, since I don't want it to be the last. I have read and been touched by many of your poems, so I don't believe it's only worth something to you. That said, you should definitely follow your heart. If you feel a need to stop publishing, you should listen to that. To be as honest as you is not to be taken lightly. So I hope you keep writing, but understand if you don't want to share.

Link to comment

Tim, your voice is distinctive - gritty, truthful and full of what is most important to you. The fact that other people (me included) write lighter stuff doesn't lessen or denigrate that distinctiveness. There is room for all voices and that includes yours. Please take time to reconsider. :hug:

Link to comment

imo, you are way too hard on yourself. The good news is, as a growing voice - and a very rich and important and meaningful on - you work hard at honing your craft. To those who cannot see that, let alone feel it, why paying them more respect than you pay to your own soul?

 

A wise man once told his partner and followers "What good does it do to gain the whole world but lose your soul in the process?" Be true to yourself, Tim. You are a child of the universe, just like the rest of us, except you speak clearer and nearer to the heart of the All than almost all the rest of us combined.

 

Hugz!

Link to comment

"I write of my truth and truth I witness
Not of frivolity
I don’t play with words or toss them off
It is no game to me"
And that is why 'tim' poems are so distinctive... in my mind, you are your own category. I understand these words so completely... they touch me, tim, because I feel exactly the same. Poetry is my heart... it is my outlet, and it often hurts... I don't play either, but for those who do, that's fine. My words are personal... I let people see a part of me, my fears... my soul... that's is what you do, my friend... you let people see who you are... mediocrity is not your measure. You touch and astound because you have the soul of a poet. You lay your heart bare, and yes, you've experimented with the forms, but you always come back to your own truth. I hope... no, I pray you continue to share yourself with us... I've followed you since you joined this site, and you can't tell me that sharing these works hasn't been a good thing for you... not just for us. I hope, tim, you rethink this. Thank you for this 'tim' poem... much love and respect... Gary xoxo

Link to comment

My heart ached when I read this the first time.
A second read through didn't help. Then I followed the reviews.
"What I write means nothing..." surely you can see by the reaction that your words do mean something to more than you.
"I tire of the mediocrity..." of course you do! Because you want your work to progress, to grow.
"So I shall no longer write poetry to share..." but please please still write. Even if it's just for you. Write it, save it for the future you.
We've all been blessed by your words at one time or another. Your presence here is a gift to all of us. Please don't take that away.
But if you do decide that is what you need to do, then know I will miss you, but it won't make me care for and about you any less.
Molly xoxo

Link to comment

Dear tim...you just cannot quit. To be honest, I'm not a really huge fan of poetry, the exception being yours. You're not pretentious, just very honest, and I DO enjoy reading ANYTHING you produce.

Link to comment

I am without words of fitting response ... to say I am distraught at the silencing of your voice is insufficent an expression of my feelings. I would that you chose otherwise but it is your decision for reasons only you can know fully.
Namaste little brother.

Link to comment

I love to read what you write, and although I'm not a poetry expert I can see that what you write means a great deal to you and comes from sometimes painful places inside of you . Like others, I hope you change your mind and continue to grace us with your words, but ultimately, this has to be for you and no one else. Make the decision that is best for you. :hug:

Link to comment

Well this is a shame. If I am honest, I can't say that I have "liked" all of your work because some of it is very intense, personal and reaches into your soul. Sometimes I feel as if I am intruding, stumbling on a moment that perhaps I shouldn't see. I like Parker's comment, you write with truth and power.
If you are saving your writings for yourself, I would reluctantly understand. But don't stop writing...

Link to comment

Oh Tim. :hug:

 

I know I haven't reviewed in so long, but this calls for it. Tim, your poems and stories have affected so many people. They express happiness, sadness, hope, despair so beautifully. Each one carries your unique mark that allows your poetry to stand out against all others. So, to me, they do have a soul, your soul- the one they reflect so eloquently.

 

I am just so glad that you are still staying on GA :hug::kiss:

Link to comment
On 09/07/2016 09:48 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Oh Tim. :hug:

 

I know I haven't reviewed in so long, but this calls for it. Tim, your poems and stories have affected so many people. They express happiness, sadness, hope, despair so beautifully. Each one carries your unique mark that allows your poetry to stand out against all others. So, to me, they do have a soul, your soul- the one they reflect so eloquently.

 

I am just so glad that you are still staying on GA :hug::kiss:

Drew.. thanks. Thanks for this. You have no idea what it means it me. Thanks so much.

 

tim xoxox

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..