Jump to content

The Promise

   (6 reviews)

Finn has an obligation of which he is reminded, by a stranger. Will he carry on or will he turn his back?

Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

KayDeeMac

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a wonderfully written story with great character development and an intriguing plot. I too highly recommend reading The Promise.  You will not be disappointed!!

  • Like 3
Link to review
JeffreyL

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

I want to reiterate what the other reviewers have said. Tim has written an amazing, enchanting tale! Interesting characters, good dialogue, and a clever plot all add up to a must read story. Don't be put off by the touch of fantasy. There is an important message for anyone that cares about our world.

Response from the author:

Thanks very much JeffreyL for leaving this review. I'm grateful and very glad to know you enjoyed this short story. Thanks again for you support! xo

  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Link to review
MichaelS36

· Edited by MichaelS36

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A wonderful story! It took me from a dark and frightening beginning to a joyful and funny trip, and then finally home.  But what a place, beautiful but what secrets does it hold? 

 

tim's characters live and breathe, even the ones who should not, tim easily lets you believe. 

 

A sweet and magical story, not to be missed. 

Response from the author:

Thanks very much, Michael. I'm grateful for the review, but most especially about what you say about the characters. I'm glad you could believe.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Defiance19

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

The Promise is a beautifully written short story. It bears a serious theme, yet it’s engaging and funny, and  it’s impossible not to fall in love along with the characters, or fall in love with Sam.

We are treated to an imaginative and creative piece, as tim takes us on an unexpected journey, opens our minds and hearts and leaves us with a wonderful message.  

 

Go on, read it and see for yourself.. 

 

 

Response from the author:

Thanks Boss! I'm so grateful you left a review but more that you fell in love with the characters. They are a lovely bunch, and well Sam is very special. Thanks again! xo

  • Like 6
  • Love 4
Link to review
Kitt

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

The Promise is a well written story that makes something our brains automatically reject as impossible quite plausible. Dealing with everything from environmental conservation to man's intollerance of being different, it has become my favorite short story. 

 

I highly recommend reading The Promise!

Response from the author:

Thanks very much Kitt! I'm pleased you enjoyed this. I enjoyed writing it as well.

  • Like 7
  • Love 4
Link to review
Brayon

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

When I read this story, I didn't know what to expect, as tim took us on a fantastic urban fantasy short story. Set in his native land of Canada, Finn is reminded of a promise he made as a child to Sam. But it's more than a simple promise... it's a family obligation that needed protecting. As we watch Finn, return home, you watch his world change, and you feel the love that happens.

 

It was a well-crafted story, excellent visuals, and great pacing. A vibrant world that was crafted.

Response from the author:

Thanks very much A.  This story was a joy to write, it was an idea from a Prompt and I very happy people enjoyed it. They they simply allowed it to work in their minds was wonderful.

  • Like 5
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..