Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 100 Words
  • 1,623 Views
  • 24 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

timmy's poetry - 30. Joanne

Lyssa and were talking today about roses and I told her my mum grew them. Lyssa said:  I think her flowers grow in your heart further. :kiss: That is were your words for writing come from. Your wild rose garden, so to say.

Joanne

 

In my mind’s eye I can see her

Alone amongst her roses, gloves on

Smudges of dirt on her cheek

Blonde hair escaping her rough ponytail

 

This corner of the garden was her

Sanctuary, a place of peace and scent

Roses like her children did not fail to thrive

Yet their beauty could not save her

 

I like to think she grows the words I write

In her garden of roses and wild flowers

Plucking the blossoms to share with me

The petals fall through my pen to the page

My mother's name was Joanne.. thank you Lyssa for giving me this poem and this memory... .

Thanks for reading.
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

16 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Lovely.  I can honestly say I DO understand this one!

thank you Kitt xoxo 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

This poem is a real jewel. It's metaphor is perfect, like the rosebuds you recall, like the sunlight that suffuses the whole thing. 

thank you so much Parker xoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

This will come to my mind the next time I see roses, I have no doubt. What wonderful memory to have, tim. :) 

thank so much Reader xoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I have no doubt your mother brings you strength and inspiration lil brother! XOXO

yes she does still, JP.. thank you so much xoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

My sweet boy. This is a beautiful remembrance of your mother. She's proud of you, tim. xxx

thank you, Michael.. i hope so.. xo

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

tim, this is just so very lovely... It's a beautiful memory.. :hug:

thank you Def .. xoxo good to see you.. hope you're okay xoxo

  • Like 1
Link to comment

These memories are their whispers of love that come to us on the gentle breezes ...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, dughlas said:

These memories are their whispers of love that come to us on the gentle breezes ...

thanks dugh.xoxo  yes i think you're right... its hard though... but better than not remembering..

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A short poem filled with beautiful memories ...

A heartfelt ode to your beautiful mother ...

We never had the pleasure of meeting her, but we feel her presence through your words ...

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..