Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 236 Words
  • 1,192 Views
  • 2 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Bits and Pieces - 2. Vigil

We are waiting to see the names of the dead in Toronto, because someone we know is still unaccounted for. We are just acquaintances of this person, he is a good friend of our nephew. But 9 families still wait as of this writing.
Update: our nephew's friend finally turned up this morning, after a frantic afternoon and night of waiting. But there are still 9 families who wait. Our prayers and thoughts are with them.

I didn't want to hear
I didn’t want to look
I didn't want to know
I didn’t want to read

Because I knew what it would do to me
Knew, I'd be sick
And hurt, there would be tears
What I don't know can't hurt me

But you had to call
You had to say it
Cuz you're afraid
Because you needed me

I didn't want to hear
I didn’t want to look
I didn't want to know
I didn’t want to read

Because now they are real
Not just victims
But people with families
People waiting to hear

One could be your friend
I sit alone wondering
Waiting
Like so many others

I didn't want to hear
I didn’t want to look
I didn't want to know
I didn’t want to read

I want to write for them
Comfort you
But I cannot breathe
Hockey does not fix it

I cannot so easily let it go
My life, your life, theirs
Does not go on, not yet
Because we do not know

I didn't want to hear
I didn’t want to look
I didn't want to know
I didn’t want to read

Tears sit in my eyes
Unshed
I sit and wait
Rubbing my hands

Rubbing them like I do, under stress
Staring out the window with unshed tears
I stand my own vigil
Waiting for the names of the dead.

                       _____

Say what you'd like to say, if anything, but no reviews please.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
  • Sad 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..