Jump to content
    mogwhy
  • Author
  • 161 Words
  • 982 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Moggy's Mutterings - 4. Sometimes

Some thoughts that escape my mind late at night, just for your enjoyment.

1.
Sometimes when life slips left,

your brain and emotions slide sideways through the twilight zone,
you can only hope that those who like you,
hang on to the roller coaster until life returns to the station.

 

2.
Sometimes you trust someone who turns out not to be honest.
There are a lot of things that happen
that don't turn out the way you thought they would.
It hurts to the core,
but don’t let it occupy too much of your time or energy,
because they don’t care and you rob yourself of today.

 

3.
Sometimes, in such busy lives,
it's hard to be still and hear the whispers of angel wings.
they are all around, working their magic, if we but listen.
Stop for a moment, feel their gossamer wings,
brush against your face and touch your soul.

 

4.
Sometimes I think my sole purpose in life,
is to serve as a horrible warning to others.

Copyright © 2017 mogwhy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Beautifully written, and very relatable. One and two have great impact on me. Three is an uplifting reminder. Four broke my heart. Wonderful offerings, moggy... you should be proud. Cheers,,, Gary.... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Headstall said:

Beautifully written, and very relatable. One and two have great impact on me. Three is an uplifting reminder. Four broke my heart. Wonderful offerings, moggy... you should be proud. Cheers,,, Gary.... 

 

thanks gary! it is interesting to me how different people see meaning in my writings differently.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/6/2017 at 3:13 PM, mogwhy said:

 

thanks gary! it is interesting to me how different people see meaning in my writings differently.

it shouldn't surprise you ... a poem is never the poets, it belongs to the one who reads it

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

moggy, I would ride that roller coaster with you anytime.

Numbers two and three - words of wisdom 

Number four made me laugh, I think my brain is twisted...sorry 

 

Good job on the lot of these, moggy. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

moggy, I would ride that roller coaster with you anytime.

Numbers two and three - words of wisdom 

Number four made me laugh, I think my brain is twisted...sorry 

 

Good job on the lot of these, moggy. :) 

thanks reader! #4 can be taken 2 ways, and i have, when i've reread it. i jotted this down after the pastor, scornfully said to me 'don't you think THOSE people are a bad influence?'' those people were some of my best friends who happened to be Pagan. he thought they were going to turn me Pagan.i responded ''maybe i'm a bad influence on them"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Good job Moggy! Life is a rollercoaster! 🤗

that it is, jp, that it is. thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/10/2017 at 1:35 PM, Defiance19 said:

Nicely done moggy.. You know that roller coaster? Right there with you! 

thanks def. hang on tight

Link to comment
On 6/11/2017 at 8:09 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

Wonderfully written moggy. 

 

:hug: 

thanks caz!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, BlindAmbition said:

Good job Moggy! Life is a rollercoaster! 🤗

thanks. you think we could ride the ferris wheel for awhile? :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..