Jump to content
    Mychyl
  • Author
  • 969 Words
  • 740 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dear Diary - 10. Chapter 10

[i]"He smiled... and I thought my heart could fly
Diary do you think that we'll be more than friends?"[/i]

When I woke up, all I knew was pain. I tried to move, to roll over, but my body refused to respond to my commands, and panic set in. ~I can't move!~ my mind shrieked. ~I'm paralyzed! What happened to me?~

Hoping to at least get a clue as to where I was, I tried to open my eyes, which let light in... blinding, painful light. I quickly closed them again, wishing I hadn't opened them in the first place, and shuddered slightly, not sure what to make of my situation, or even how I'd gotten into it... then, memories began flooding back... walking home, the door being open, Jimmy laying on my bed, the slashed wrists, me trying to hold him... him pulling free, me crashing into something, pain... blackness... I felt myself drift back into oblivion, and I welcomed the painlessness it offered willingly...

When I awoke next, the pain was somewhat better, and I could hear disembodied voices floating all around me, though none of them seemed in the least familiar. I decided to try and open my eyes again, and was rewarded with a dim light and some nondescript ceiling... then I noticed the devices hanging over and around me, and realized I was in a hospital... my mind's eye showed Jimmy calling an ambulance then running away, though I wasn't sure how likely that would be, after what had happened...

Suddenly, a familiar voice sounded somewhere near me, and I tried to turn my head to see the speaker, but still couldn't move... ~Restraints,~ I thought, now more reasonable than earlier, since I knew where I was. ~They restrained me, probably to keep me from rolling over and making things worse than they already are...~

I waited patiently, and was finally rewarded when I saw Zack's face appear over me, his eyes red from crying... over me?

"Sean, what happened?" he asked, his concern making his voice shaky. "Me and Johnny, we came over to see you... you were on the floor, your head bleeding... did someone attack you?"

I struggled to focus, the thought of Zack and Johnny finding me hurt and unconscious a bit more than I could take. "No... Jimmy... he..." I felt my throat dry up, and paused for a moment to catch my breath, but then I heard Johnny's voice, his face appearing next to Zack's a moment later.

"Jimmy did this to you? That bastard! Why? Did he find out about you? What happened?"

I closed my eyes and regrouped my thoughts, opening them again to see looks of genuine concern plastered on both of their faces. "It doesn't matter, now... I'm all right... I just..." I felt a distinct need to tell them, now and forever, how I felt about them both, and I knew I couldn't wait any longer... "I'm just... glad you both came, that you're both here with me... I..." I paused again, feeling tears coming up, choking me up slightly. "I... love you both, and I don't ever want to lose either of you, ever..."

Johnny looked at Zack for the briefest of moments before glancing around, then bending down to me and giving me a deep, heartfelt kiss. "We love you, too, and we were gonna ask... when you got better... but I guess we can ask now... I mean..." Johnny, too, was crying, his tears mixing with mine, while Zack leaned in closer as well.

"What he's saying is... he wanted to know if you... would go out... with us?" He looked to Johnny, as though seeking reassurance or confirmation from him, while my heart soared... I had hoped, perhaps even dreamed, but never honestly thought it could happen...

"I would love to," I responded, as soon as I could find my voice. "I can think of nothing better than to be with you both..."

============================================================================

DEAR DIARY:

As I write this note, it's been 6 months since I got out of the hospital, and though everything's changed, I think it's all for the better. Summer break just started, so everyone's getting ready to move on from school (or, perhaps, move TO school) and I don't think any of us are ever looking back.

Me, Zack and Johnny have been going steady the entire time, and none of us have ever been happier in our entire lives. In fact, since they're both still freshmen, I've actually changed my plans to going to college here in town rather than move away to college like I always wanted, just so I don't have to be away from them.

Kevin wound up moving with Ryan down to Santa Monica or somewhere around there. I'm sure I'll hear from them every now and again, but all in all, they seem to be pretty happy as a couple, and I just hope they can last that way.

As for Jimmy, since the accident, no one's seen or heard from him anywhere in town. However, rumors abound (as they always do) that he took off to pursue his dream, a career in music... and there IS that new artist that kinda looks like him, singing the same kinda songs Jimmy used to write when he was bored. I heard his new single, "Missing You", was supposed to be dedicated to someone named Sean... nah, prolly just coincidence.

Anyways, this is the last page, so while I might buy a new diary sometime down the road, it looks like the end for us, Diary. You've been a good friend, and always kept the secrets I trusted with you... but now it's time to say goodbye.

[i]"I've got a feeling we'll be so much more...
Than friends..."[/i]

*FIN*

2002-2004 Mychyl Kime (KimeNet, LLC)
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..