Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 4,416 Words
  • 3,236 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Undetermined Identity - 14. Chapter 14...New Love, Life and New Beginnngs

14

“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The giftis yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”

~Bob Moawad~

~*~*~*~ Chapter 14

Nick sat at his desk going over the camera angles for the afternoon shoot when Tyler knocked on the door.

“Hey man, I'd say it’s about time for lunch. Where are we going today; it’s on you!” Tyler laughed as he walked into Nick’s office.

“It's on me every time we go to lunch together." Nick reminded Tyler. “Anyways, I can’t go to lunch today. I have a doctor’s appointment - well Lisa has an appointment.” Nick corrected himself. Tyler sat down on the top of Nick’s desk and crossed his legs, about to ask Nick a question when he noticed Nick glaring at him. Nick raised one eyebrow and nodded his head to the empty chair. Getting the message, Tyler rose up off the desk and sat down in the chair.

“Okay, okay man.” Tyler shrugged his shoulders and shook his head as he sat down. Nick just laughed and kept working on his project.

“So… how are things with Lisa, anyway?” He asked. “I mean, since the divorce.” Nick stopped writing and tried to reflect on Lisa’s moods over the past few months. She was six months pregnant and was still working at Fit-tastic. Seeing that she introduced a new program for expecting mothers, she had been more than busy lately.

She and Nick had been getting along pretty well. Danny was still a touchy subject to her, so Nick did everything possible not to mention Danny or how happy he was with him, in an attempt to be considerate of her feelings.

“She seems to be doing okay, keeping busy. She was really sick a few days ago, so I stayed with her overnight.”

“Oh, and what’d the little man have to say about that? I bet he wasn’t too thrilled.”

“You mean Danny?” Nick corrected. “As a matter of fact, he was fine with it.” Nick grinned. “It was his idea.”

“No shit!” Tyler’s mouth fell open in total disbelief. “No way would Ash let me stay with one of my ex’s - pregnant or not.” Tyler said, waving his hands across his chest and shaking his head.

“Well Danny knows he has nothing to worry about.” Nick stated as he picked up the pencil and started writing.

“Jeez, I’m just saying you never know what could happen in the middle of the night! You might get "an itch", and she used to scratched them before, you know what I mean?” Tyler laughed while winking at Nick.

“Well Tyler, there’s no itches I have that Lisa needs to scratch, thank you very much. Beside’s I’m with Danny now, and we are really digging each other, you know?” Nick motioned his hands, hoping Tyler understood what he meant.

“I feel you-" Tyler began to say, but was quickly interrupted by Nick.

“Oh, I forgot! I was wondering if you could help me with a little project this weekend.”

“What’s the project?” Tyler asked, thinking back to the last time he helped Nick with a "little project" that involved carrying his new sofa up several flights of stairs. “You know I’m not into hard labor, I nearly broke my back helping you get that couch up the stairs last week.” Tyler said, rubbing his lower back. “Shit! My back still hurts.” He laughed; Nick could not help but laugh too as he remembered them almost dropping the sofa down three flights of stairs.

“No, it’s nothing heavy, but it does require skills. You in?” Nick asked.

“Hell yeah, I got mad skills.” Tyler nodded. “So what is it?” He asked with curiosity.

“Well…” Nick’s phone started vibrating, indicating that he had a message. “Hold on.” He held up his finger to Tyler. He smiled when he read the message. He shook his head as he tapped on the key pad to reply to the text Danny had sent. Tyler leaned over Nick's shoulder as if he was trying to see what Nick was typing. Nick finished and sent the reply.

“So, as I was saying. Lisa brought a crib and she wants me to set it up, so I was wondering if you wanted to help.”

“Was that her?” Tyler asked.

“No, that was Danny. He wanted to remind me we are going to see the Star Trek movie tonight.”

“I've heard that's a pretty good movie... hey!” Tyler blurted, excitement in his voice. “How about a double date? Ash wanted to see the movie and my mom has Cody for the night. What do you say?”

“Um… sounds good to me. I’m sure Danny won’t mind. We can meet for pizza around the corner from the movies at Jack’s Pizza.”

“Sounds good, I'll tell Ash.” Tyler replied while Nick glanced at the clock.

“Oh shit, I’ve got to go.” Nick said in a hurried voice. He haphazardly gathered his things together and yelled on his way out, “I’ll be back after lunch!” before dashing out the door.

~*~*~*~

Nick walked into Dr. Star’s office to see that Lisa had already arrived. He made his way over to Lisa, who was eating a Snicker’s candy bar.

“Hey Lisa.” He greeted her as he leaned down to kiss her on the cheek.

“Hey.” She said through a mouthful of chocolate, carmel and nuts. “Want some?” She asked, offering the half-eaten candy.

Trying to catch his breath, Nick shook his head no. “I’m not too late, am I? He asked as he tried to calm down from his rush to the doctors.

“No, but I think we are next.” She said, taking another bite of the chocolate bar. Nick sat down and reached for an old magazine when Lisa noticed a tall, handsome man step through the door. He wore a white doctor’s coat, and had green eyes offset by dark, naturally curly hair; Lisa guessed that he was around 6"4.

He licked his lips and ran his hand through his hair as he looked down at the folder in front of him, before clearing his throat and calling the next patient.

“Lisa Tsangaris!” He called, his voice ringing with an Italian accent while he looked around the patient waiting area. Lisa sat frozen in place as she almost choked on the last bit of candy. Nick nudged her.

“That’s us.” Nick stated, standing up from his chair.

‘I know, I know.” Lisa answered, not taking her eyes off the handsome young man. She quickly swallowed the candy she had barely chewed and followed Nick.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Russo and I will be doing your exam today.” The doctor informed them. He held out his hand to Nick, then Lisa.

“Mr. and Mrs. Tsangaris, it’s a pleasure to meet you both. Would you follow me, please.” They shook hands and followed him into the exam room. He explained that Dr. Star was on vacation and that he was seeing her patients. Nick took a seat in the green chair by the wall, picked up an old addition of Home and Gardens, and flipped absent-mindedly through the pages. Dr. Russo handed Lisa her gown, their eyes meeting briefly over the thin material. Giving Lisa a shy smile, Dr. Russo instructed her to change while he stepped out. Lisa gave Nick "the look", causing him to clear his throat and nod towards the door.

“I’ll step out too.” Nick smiled, walking out of the door with the doctor. Lisa changed and sat on the leather examination table, waiting on their return. After a few moments there was a light knock on the door, Dr. Russo poked his head around the door, “Are you ready?” He asked as he and Nick walked back in. He pulled over the stool and sat down beside Lisa, Nick standing on the other side of her. They smiled at each other, then turned their attention back to the doctor.

“Okay, let’s see what we have here.” Dr. Russo scanned through Lisa’s chart flipping pages going over her history. “Ok Lisa let’s get your weight.” Nick helped Lisa off the table while Dr. Russo followed them over to the scale. He moved the weight over, then tapped it back. “Hum…” He said in a pleasant tone. “Your weight's good.” Nick squeezed Lisa hand proud that she has been taking care of herself and their unborn child.

“ Nick, you should be very happy that your wife is doing an excellent job with her first pregnancy.” He said while helping Lisa back onto the table.

“I am more than happy that she’s doing great.” Nick smiled at Lisa as he rubbed her belly.

“Um… we are not married, Dr. Russo.” Lisa made sure to point out as she looked into the doctor’s green eyes, biting her bottom lip and giving him a flirty smile.

“Oh, I just thought...”

“It’s okay, were divorced.” Nick stated.

“Okay.” Dr. Russo smiled as he started Lisa's physical examination. “So Lisa, do you have any questions for me?” He asked as he felt her legs, checking for any signs of swelling.

“Well Dr. Russo…”

"Please, call me Antonio.” Dr. Russo interrupted as he listened to her heartbeat, which was beating slightly faster than normal. He flashed a small smile because he figured he knew why; his heart was racing everytime he touched her.

“Well Antonio,” Lisa asked as she licked her top lip and tried to steady her breathing. “I was wondering, when will the morning sickness stop? It takes me an hour to start my morning; I eat, I throw up. I don’t eat, I throw up.”

“Is that normal?” Nick asked, concern evident in his voice.

“Well every women is different. I have heard of some cases where the mother experienced morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy.”

“Yikes!” Lisa yelped. Laughing, Antonio made it clear that such cases are rare.

“Thank god.” Lisa laughed with Nick agreeing.

“So! Are we ready to hear this little one’s heart beat?” Antonio asked as he gathered his equipment.

“Yes.” Nick said, holding Lisa’s hand. Lisa smiled and nodded her consent. Antonio grabbed the Sonotrax Fetal Monitor and placed the doppler on Lisa stomach. Everyone was very quiet, trying to hear. Dr. Russo moved the doppler over Lisa's stomach until they all heard it. Swoosh... Swoosh... Swoosh… Antonio looked up and smiled at the proud parents.

“Is that it?” Nick asked excitedly. “It sounds funny, like windshield wipers in the rain.”

“That’s our baby.” Lisa murmured as she continued to listen to the heartbeat.

“Yes, that’s your baby. Do you know what you’re having?” Antonio asked Lisa while removing the doppler.

“A boy.” Nick said confidently.

Lisa hit him with the back of her hand. “No Dr…I mean Antonio - we want it to be a surprise.”

“Surprises are good.” He replied, gazing into Lisa’s eyes. Nick noticed the subtle flirting and thought it was cute. He didn’t mind; Lisa was a good woman and could make any man happy, just not him.

“Okay Lisa, you can get dressed... oh! Before I forget.” Antonio reached into a drawer and pulled out a small cup wrapped in plastic. “I need you to give me a sample, can you do that?” He asked, handing her the cup.

“I can always do that.” She said as their hands touched. Lisa smiled and looked away. She could not believe she found Antonio attractive; she wondered it was due to the fact that her hormones were unbalanced.

“It was nice meeting you Lisa, you too Nick.” Antonio pressed his lips together and stood up. “I’ll wait for you outside.”

“Yeah Lisa, I’ll set up the next appointment and meet you in the lobby.” Nick followed Dr. Russo out as Lisa started to get dressed. Nick took care of everything and waited for Lisa. As she stepped out Dr. Russo met her at the door.

“Lisa, I wanted to give you my card in case you need anything before Dr. Star returns.” He gently placed the card in her hand.

“Oh, okay.” Lisa read the card briefly. “There are so many numbers on it, which one do I call?” She asked, looking confused.

“Oh, this is my office number, right here.” He pointed. “And this is my cell, oh and this one is my home number.” He smiled proudly. Nick heard the conversation and laughed aloud before he realized it.

“Thank you Antonio, so I can call you anytime… I mean, anytime I have questions that is.” Lisa had every intention on calling the good doctor. She smiled as she put the card in her purse.

“I hope you do, until then.” Dr. Russo waved to Nick and went to the desk to get the folder for the next patient. Nick and Lisa walked down the hall to the elevator, giving each other an approving smile. Nick pushed the down button.

Looking straight ahead, Nick stated “I think he likes you.”

“You jealous?” Lisa asked while trying to keep a straight face.

"No." Nick smiled, keeping his gaze forwards.

“Didn’t think so.” Lisa retorted, causing them both to laugh. Nick walked Lisa to her car and kissed her on the cheek.

“Call me if you need anything, otherwise, I will see you tomorrow.” He watched Lisa pull out of the parking lot and gave one last wave.

~*~*~*~*

Nick arrived at Jack’s Pizza and noticed that Danny’s car was already in the parking lot. Nick smiled as he got out of his truck, thinking about how complete his life felt with Danny - just the thought of Danny made Nick smile. He was about to open the door when he noticed Danny standing in front of the jukebox. Nick watched Danny tapping his fingers on the side of the machine, bobbing his head to the music that was already playing as he made his selection.

Nick slowly walked over to Danny and did something he thought he would never do. He wrapped his arms around Danny’s waist from behind and pulled him back into his embrace, in front of everyone; he didn’t care who saw them anymore. He kissed Danny behind his ear before breathing in deeply, inhaling Danny's intoxicating scent.

“Mmmm.” Danny moaned as he leaned back into Nick’s strong chest. Danny placed one hand on top of Nick’s as he reached the other behind him, running his fingers though Nick’s hair. With their bodies pressing together, they swayed to the music, lost in their own little world.

“You smell nice.” Danny leaned his head back against Nick’s chest, whispering into his ear. “You feel good too.”

“Oh yeah, so do you.” He said with stuttering breath. Nick’s sexy voice sent chills throughout Danny’s body.

“I could stay like this forever.”

“Oh yeah, me too.”

“But I have a boyfriend, and he might get jealous.” Danny laughed, turning around to face Nick.

“Funny babe.” Nick laughed as he gave Danny a quick peck on the cheek.

“It’s about time you got here.” Danny said in a playful tone pulling Nick over to the booth that he reserved for them. Danny scooted in first and Nick followed.

“So what are you drinking?” Nick nodded to the dark colored liquid in the glass.

“Its rum and coke; have some.” Danny handed Nick the glass.

“Mmmm, that is good” Nick said as he played with Danny’s hair, moving it out of his eyes. “There, that’s much better.” Nick looked into Danny’s big brown eyes. “I love your eyes.” Nick smiled, pressing his lips together.

“Oh, these old things?” Danny laughed as he took the glass out of Nick’s hand, taking a sip. He held the glass up toward their server, indicating they needed another. He nodded and smiled as their waiter nodded his understanding to bring another rum and coke to the table.

Nick was lost in Danny’s beauty. His beautiful brown eyes which had flecks of green in the light, his golden blond hair that bore natural high lights, that dimple Nick loved so much when Danny smiled. Nick remembered the first time he saw that smile in the café. Danny had made his heart race then, and still he did now. “How did this happen?” Nick thought, admiring the handsome man he called his. Danny glanced over and noticed Nick’s eyes burning with lust, staring at him.

“What?” Danny asked shyly.

“Nothing, I was just thinking how amazing you are; that’s all.”

“You’re not too shabby yourself Tsangaris; as a matter of fact, I think you’re totally hot.” Danny said looking into Nick’s alluring blue eyes. Nick took Danny’s hand in his, lowering his head and the tone in his voice just a little.

“Danny, I wanted to tell you how much you mean to me, and how much you being here for me, being here with me, makes all the difference the world.” He stopped and took a deep breath before speaking again. Danny was looking deeply into Nick’s eyes and listening to every word as if his life depended on it.

“You are a good man Danny. I often wondered what I did wrong in my life to deserve what felt like a curse, I never thought I would be happy, so I never tried. But you, you have gave my life new meaning.” Nick shook his head, trying to say the words he wanted to say for so long and mean it this time.

“Go ahead, its okay.” Danny encouraged Nick with a warm smile.

“You have accepted me for who I am. You accept the baby, and I love that I’m sharing that with you. Danny,” Nick leaned a little closer to Danny and spoke softly. “I love you; I’m so in love with you.” Danny cradled Nick’s face with both hands as tears filled his eyes.

He whispered sweetly into Nick’s ear. “I love you too," before gently placing his lips to Nick’s and kissing him with all his being. The kiss was desperate, their lips slightly moist, giving each other pleasure. Nick moaned faintly while he mouthed words of love to Danny between kisses.

“Alright, alright you two break it up! This is a family establishment.” Tyler laughed as he looked around the restaurant. He and Ashley walked in without Nick or Danny noticing them. Danny and Nick relucantly broke the kiss. They didn’t care if the world saw that they were in love.

“Hey guys.” Nick looked over to them, still holding Danny’s hand. “Have a seat.” Nick slid over to allow Tyler and Ashley room to sit down.

“Hey Nick.” Ashley said, giving him a kiss and hug. She leaned over him to smile at Danny.

“Hey Danny,” she waved.

“Hey Ash.” He waved back, grinning at being caught kissing.

“So did you guys order already? The movie starts in an hour.” Tyler reminded them.

“I just got here a couple of minutes ago.” Nick shrugged his shoulders. "Did you order already babe?” He directed his question to Danny.

“Yeah, I didn’t know what everyone wanted so I ordered two large pizzas. One has pepperoni on one side and supreme on the other half. On the other one, I ordered veggie on one-half and Italian sausage on the other, oh and a pitcher of beer.” Just then, the waiter set down the beer, four glasses and one rum and coke.

“Here you go guys, the pizza is on the way. Will there be anything else?”

“Nope that’s all, thanks.” Danny said

“Wow! Now that’s what I call thorough.” Tyler laughed as he poured beer for both him and his wife.

“I love that in a man.” Ashley teased, nudging Tyler’s shoulder.

“Hush girl.” Tyler laughed, almost spilling his beer.

The pizza arrived and everyone ate until they were full. The friends decided to walk to the theater to take full advantage of the beautiful night. Danny and Nick held hands the whole way, laughing as Tyler and Ashley made fun of people they passed on the streets. They arrived at the theater early enough to order popcorn and get good seats to sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

~*~*~*~ Saturday morning.

Tyler sat cross-legged on the floor of Lisa’s home. He and Nick were in the baby’s nursery, trying to put together a crib. Tyler examined the instructions quizzically.

“Dude, I don’t get this.” He said, stting down on a large sheet of paper. Nick came over, carrying a screwdriver and sat down next to Tyler. He picked up the instructions.

After looking over them he spoke. “Well, it says here that first, we need to connect piece ‘A’ to piece ‘B’.” He pointed out. Nick looked around the room and then picked up a long white rod. “Okay, here’s piece ‘A’, now where’s ‘B’?”

Tyler looked around the room, moving various items around. He examined part of the crib that was already put together, groaning when he saw something wrong. It was a little off and lopsided. One of the rods was attached to another at an awkward angle. He looked closer and saw the little letter label imprinted in the rod.

“Well, I found piece ‘B’.” Tyler announced, and tried to take it apart. To his surprise, it wouldn’t budge. “Problem numero uno, it’s stuck.” Tyler grunted, struggling to detach the piece. Nick looked his way, and walked over.

“What do you mean, ‘it’s stuck’?” He questioned. He moved Tyler’s hands away and tried to remove the rod himself. He pulled with all his might, but the stupid piece of plastic was stubborn. Tyler came up behind Nick and pulled as well. They both struggled, hopelessly.

“This is useless,” Tyler panted. Nick ignored him and continued to pull and tug. Tyler leaned over Nick's shoulder and noticed the rod twisting a little. “Hey, I think it’s-

BAM!

Tyler fell backwards clutching his nose. “Owww!” He shouted. Nick stood over him, clutching the now free rod. He grinned sheepishly with a nervous laugh. Tyler glared up at him, still holding his nose.

“Hehe, at least it’s loose?” Nick said shamefaced. Tyler crossed his eyes to look down at his nose. He slowly removed his hand, and wiggled his nose around a little. It was a little swollen and red. “Hey, at least it’s not bleeding.” Nick said. Tyler glared at him as he stood up. He grabbed a spare rod off the floor and held it like a bat.

“Start runnin’ Tsangaris!” He shouted. Nick looked wide-eyed an quickly ran out of the room as fast as his feet could take him, Tyler on his heels.

An hour later, the boys were back in the nursery, putting together the last of the crib. They didn’t dare look at each other, and were both fuming silently to themselves. Nick put a careful hand to his now swollen nose and flinched from the pain. Tyler stood up and prepared to attach the sliding side railing.

“Hey, Nick, give me a hand would you?” He asked. Nick stood up and held the other end of the side railing. They both slid the railing into the slots and took a step back to examine their handy work. They nodded in satisfaction.

“And Lisa said she wanted to hire a professional.” Nick scoffed.

“Dude, we are professionals!” Tyler exclaimed and high-fived Nick, their previous fight forgotten. The phone suddenly rang, and Nick picked up the cordless house phone.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey, Nick, it’s Lisa. How’s the crib coming along?” Lisa asked. Nick put a hand over the speaker and mouthed to Tyler, ‘It’s Lisa’. Tyler nodded and continued his inspection of the crib.

“Hey, Lisa. Uh, yeah, the crib coming along great! We just gotta’ put the sheets on it.” Nick said.

“Alright, well, I’m on my way home. I can’t wait to see it.” Lisa said. Nick ran a hand through his hair.

“Okay, we’ll see you then. Bye.” Nick said.

“Bye.” Lisa said and hung up. Nick pressed the end button and sat the phone down. He stepped outside the room to find a Target bag sitting by the door. He brought it in, and took out the crib bedding.

“Alright, let’s put the sheets on.” Nick said. Tyler walked over and started to put the sheets on. The bedding was printed with stars and a moon. There were clouds, and the pattern had Tweety Bird laying on the clouds, asleep with a nightcap perched on his head.

Nick placed the border around the inside of the crib and tied the strings to the bars. Tyler sat the pillow in the crib and stepped back, as did Nick.

“It’s looks good man.” Nick said.

“That is one sexy crib.” Tyler joked. Nick rolled his eyes before he heard the front door open downstairs.

“Hey, guys, I’m home!” Lisa shouted out the stairs. She walked up the steps and was greeted with Nick and Tyler’s grinning faces. “You both are grinning like cheshire cats. Is the crib finished?” She questioned once she reached the top step.

“Yep, just close your eyes.” Nick said, and came up behind her to place his hands over Lisa’s eyes. Lisa closed her eyes, and Nick and Tyler guided to the room.

“Now, open them!” Tyler exclaimed. Lisa did as told and gasped.

“Oh, wow, it looks wonderful. And I didn’t have to call in a professional.” Lisa said with a smirk. Tyler rolled his eyes and stepped forward, hooking his thumbs through his belt loops.

“Well, we are professionals little lady.” He said in a southern accent. Lisa giggled and walked to the crib. She let her hand run along the bar carefully.

“It looks wonderful.” Lisa complimented. “Is it sturdy?” She asked. Nick nodded walked towards the crib.

“Of course,” Nick said. He patted the crib softly. “It’s as sturdy as a rock.” He then smacked the bar, and heard a squeaking noise.

“Uh, what was that?” Tyler questioned.

CRASH! BANG! POP!

Lisa, Nick, and Tyler all stared at the now collapsed crib in various states of shock. The pieces were everywhere. Tyler turned to Nick and glared at him. Lisa sighed.

“I’ll call Sears.” She said and picked up the house phone, walking down the stairs.

~*~*~*~

Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Young, handsome doctor with Italian accent...just what Lisa needs and then there can be happy ending for everyone :thumbup: The crib scene really was hilarious :lmao:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..