Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 1,496 Words
  • 4,340 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Undetermined Identity - 16. Chapter 16...Epilogue/Conclusion

“When you're a beautiful person on the inside, there is nothing in the world that can change that about you. Jealousy is the result of one's lack of self-confidence, self-worth, and self-acceptance. The Lesson: If you can't accept yourself, then certainly no one else will.”

~Sasha Azevedo~

~*~*~*~*~Epilogue/conclusion~*~*~*

Nick looked down at his watch and sighed. “Danny, hurry up already! We're going to be late.” He yelled at Danny, who was in the bathroom giving himself a once over.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Danny replied, running his fingers through his blond hair. He had just gotten a haircut, and even though his bangs were still slightly longer then he liked, it was acceptable. Danny sighed, turned off the light, and made his way down the hall to meet an anxious Nick.

"It’s about time, damn Danny! I’m going to need you to work on that.” He laughed, kissing Danny on the cheek.

“I just want to look good for you baby.” Danny grinned while picking up a gift that was perfectly wrapped in Transformers wrapping paper with a big red bow to top it off.

“You always look good to me Danny, you know that.” Nick said as he closed and locked the door.

Danny and Nick had been together four years now, and they had bought a three bedroom flat near downtown Chicago. One of the extra bedrooms was Jake’s. Danny had the room decorated in a sports theme, namely basketball since lil' Jake was a diehard Lakers’ fan - just like his dad. The other room was Danny and Nick’s office, where they spent most Sunday afternoons, with Nick getting ready for Monday’s show and Danny working on ideas for his foundation. Danny was a full time executive at the foundation, along with being a writer, since he had graduated college.

They pulled up to Lisa's house. “I’ll be right back.” Nick promised, getting out of his truck and making his was up to the door. He rang the door bell and stepped back to give the door room to open.

“Hey Nick.” Antonio opened the door and greeted him.

“Tony, how’s it going man?” Nick extended his hand to greet Antonio’s.

“It’s great - I can’t complain. Hey, come on in. Jake, your dad is here!” Anthony called over his shoulder, stepping aside allowing Nick to enter. Lisa and Antonio had been dating for about three years. Lisa finally called one of the numbers on the card two weeks after they met, and it turned out to be the best decision she had ever made since they were perfect for each other. They both loved to travel, and Antonio had taken Lisa to Italy twice. Both times, Jake stayed with his father and Danny, aside from their regular visits. The patter of little feet could be heard racing down the hall; Nick smiled and tried to brace himself for impact.

“DADDY, DADDY!” Jake turned the corner, running as fast as his feet could guide him. In one swift move, Jake jumped, flying through mid-air and landing on Nick’s chest. Nick grabbed Jake laughing while taking a few steps back to keep himself from falling.

“Hey boy!” Nick held him up, trying to look in his sapphire eyes. Jake was kicking his feet in the air, trying to hold on to his daddy’s neck, giggling with excitement. Jake was slightly taller than most three year olds and he was the spitting image of his father. His piercing blue eyes could burn a hole in anyone’s heart, his jet-black hair was a combination of his mother and father’s - silky yet very curly. He had the cutest dimples when he smiled.

“Uncle Danny in da truck, got da candy? Jake asked in wonder, trying to look around Nick as he lowered him down to the floor.

“Yes, yes.” Nick laughed. “Uncle Danny is waiting in the truck, but shhh about the candy, you don’t want to make you mother mad, do you?” Nick raised one of his eyebrows, placing his finger to his lips. Jake giggled, placing his finger to his lips too.

“Shhh.” Jake repeated, about to bolt out the door.

“Hold on little man.” Lisa laughed, coming around the corner, looking beautiful as usual. “Don’t I get a hug?” She squatted, extending her arms and motioning Jake to come to her. Jake ran over, giving Lisa a hug and kissing her on the cheek.

“Mwah.” He grabbed his overnight bag from her shoulder and ran toward the door. “Bye Tony!” He yelled as he dashed by his dad. Lisa just shook her head and smiled.

“Hey Nick, how’s everything going?” She asked, giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Going well, you guys all packed?”

“Yes, I think so. What you think honey, are we ready?” Lisa asked as she wrapped her arms around Antonio’s waist.

"Hum, I think so baby.” He answered, rubbing his chin in thought. They were on their way to a seven-day Cruise of the Caribbean.

“Well you guys have fun, and we will see you when you get back.” Nick gave Lisa another hug and shook Antonio’s hand.

“Okay. And Nick, tell Danny hello for me and to be easy on the gummie bears.” She laughed. Oh and before I forget.” She reached on the table and handed Nick a gift bag. “Give this to Cody, it’s from Tony and I, tell him we said happy birthday.”

“Will do.” Nick took the bag and headed out the door. Today was Cody’s sixth birthday, and Tyler and Ashley had went all out; they had gotten a moonwalk for the kids to jump around in, and had a clown was on order to entertain and do magic tricks. Tyler continued to make bets with Ashley - he was becoming a professional gambler where they were concerned. They were expecting their second child, and Tyler had bet Ashley it was going to be a girl.

Jake ran down the walkway right into Danny’s arms.

“Uncle Danny, Uncle Danny!” Jake ran full force to Danny.

“Hey dude.” Danny laughed, swinging Jake around before setting him down. “Ready to go?” He asked putting him into the car.

“Ya! Got da candy?” Jake asked, looking around as Danny buckled him into his car seat.

“Yes, yes.” Danny laughed and pointed over the bag filled with gummie bears and an assortment of other candy. Jake grabbed a handful and shoved them in his mouth, grinning. Danny just shook his head. Nick got in as well and started the truck.

“Okay guys! Lets hit it.” Nick said, looking over to Danny and then into the backseat at Jake, his two favorite guys in the world.

“YAY!" They both laughed, Danny turned and gave Jake a high-five.

"Hey, don’t forget we need to stop by Marshall’s after we leave Cody’s party. We don’t have to stay long, but I promised we would meet his new boyfriend Matt.” Danny smiled. Matt and Marshall met at a Jazz concert, they both went alone and ending up spending the evening together.

“It’s cool.” Nick said nonchalantly. He and Marshall had become pretty good friends, and got together to play chest once a month. Nick was much more of a challenge than Danny was although he was getting better with Nick's help.

Everyone was going through life and accepting life on life’s terms. Dr. and Mrs. Taylor, along with Nick’s parents, were accepting Nick and Danny’s relationship, the men had to work a little harder at it, but they were really trying.

Lee was no longer working at the Coffee House; she had graduated from nursing School and was a nurse practitioner for one of the doctors at Chicago Memorial, she and Danny would meet at the Coffee House to catch up on whos zooming who. Lee was so excited for Danny and Nick and she had to finally admit her "gaydar" was off where Nick was concerned.

Nick smiled as he drove down the street, reflecting over his life. Looking back at his past, he understood that life was not black and white - there were going to be some grey areas. He understood the life he chooses to live would not be accepted by everyone, and it didn't have to be. Life was a matter of choice, of his choice… He was finally happy.

He looked over to Danny, who was in the middle of a gummie bear war with Jake. They were throwing some and eating some laughing hysterically. Nick shook his head smiling in his heart at his gorgeous and silly boyfriend. Yes, Danny was one of the most influential people in his life, both his best friend and lover. Danny had taken him to a place, a place called free. The choice to go with Danny had been Nick’s to make. He made his choice - will you live your life as you see fit, and Determine your own Identity?

Thank You,

Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/01/2011 07:22 AM, Conner said:
A sweet happy ending! :wub:

 

Thanks for the story, I enjoyed it very much! :worship:

No, Conner, It's I that should be thanking you. My 1st story with lots of hick ups, but I will take your advice ;) thanks so much for reading and letting me know what you think...you rock!!!
Link to comment

I loved this story so much. Lisa and Danny got me all teary eyed when Lisa introduced Danny to Jake. Will definitely read more of you work. thank you for your time and talent.

Link to comment
On 05/12/2012 04:01 AM, joann414 said:
I loved this story so much. Lisa and Danny got me all teary eyed when Lisa introduced Danny to Jake. Will definitely read more of you work. thank you for your time and talent.
Thank you so much, joann, when I saw this was a review for Undetermined Identity, I was afraid to open it. this was one of my eariler stories from at least 4years back. I personally think I've gotten a little better, still in the crawling stage, but better. So when I read your review I was relieved...literally :D Again thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed it...

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

Reading your lovely story kept me occupied most of the Sunday morning....I really love happy endings and you had written a perfect ending for Nick and Danny :thankyou:

Link to comment
On 10/06/2013 08:39 PM, Suvitar said:
Reading your lovely story kept me occupied most of the Sunday morning....I really love happy endings and you had written a perfect ending for Nick and Danny :thankyou:
Suvitar, just wanted to say thank you sooooooo much for reading UI. I love Nick and Danny, but I have to say Tyler was my favorite, he and Ashley who mirrors a friend of mine to the "T" with the same name I might add...lol Loved all your comments, again thanks so much. Glad I could help keep you occupied on this Sunday afternoon.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

I really enjoyed it! i love how your epilogues goes several years in the future and im happy that everyone ends with a happy ending (even the gay guys, even though pop culture doesnt do it, and thats why all of the stuff you write is amazing! :P) thanks for the read!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

For ur first story it’s really good it’s reads like it was written by a veteran lovely story love is beautiful 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..