Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 4,534 Words
  • 8,894 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hello, My Name is... - 10. Chapter 10 The Closer I Get...

strong>A/N: First off I want to appoligze. My writing got away from me and this chapter turned out longer than I intended.  That being said I didn't include Christian and David's date. *ducks head*:/  The date deserves a chater of it's own.  And I promise not to dissapoint.

“Nawh.” Christian frowned “I don’t like that.” He voiced as he continued rifling through the rack of unfinished men jackets.

“Oh, come on Chris, what’s wrong with this one?” Taggart held the jacket out for him to see the detailed stitching.

“It’s not me.” He turned up his nose and continued digging. Playful giggles and the sounds of tiny feet behind him captured his attention causing him to look over his shoulder. Liam was chasing his little brother around the clothes rack. “Calm down, boys, before someone gets hurt,” he warned giving his sons a stern look.

“Okay, Daddy!” They sang in unison. They stopped running immediately and their game of chase turned into a casual stroll. Christian sighed and shook his head before turning his attention back to the rack.

“Okay, what about this one?” Taggart held up another jacket.

“Um…” Christian twisted his lip, chewing on the lower one while narrowing his gaze. He took a deep breath and shook his head before focusing on the jackets in front of him.

“Damn it, Chris,” Taggart whined. “What’s wrong with this one? Is it not you?” He quipped sarcastically. “Because it appears none of the jackets in the store are you,” he pointed out. “We’ve been at this for most of the afternoon and I’m getting hungry, so I’m going to need you to find something.”

“I want it to be perfect,” Christian tried to explain. He was jolted forward when one of his sons ran into the back of his leg sending him against the clothes rack. He turned quickly reprimanding Ethan with just a look. “You want to go to time out?” He threatened with an arched brow.

“How you gonna put him in time out, Daddy? The time out chair is at home,” Liam reminded him.

Taggart covered his mouth and snickered. “He’s got a point.”

“Just give him a spanking,” Liam suggested with a sly smirk. Ethan drew his little face into a frown while playing idly with his fingers.

“I sorry, Daddy.” He looked up; his frightened bright blue eyes met his dad’s head on. Christian couldn’t hide the smile that creased his lips. He knelt down coming eye level with his son and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Daddy told you to stop running, right?”

“Um-hum.” Ethan nodded before ducking his head.

“You have to be a good boy and listen to me. You could get hurt playing around these racks’.” He nodded to the metal fixtures. “So you have to be careful and stop playing. Okay?”

“Okay…” Ethan’s little cheeks were flushed as he beamed widely at his father.

Christian smiled and tousled his son’s hair before standing back up.

“I agree with Liam,” Taggart said with a short nod, “I say spank the little varmint.” He crossed his arms over his chest pouting frolicky.

“Tag…” Christian chided his best friend.

“Well…” Taggart shrugged feigning innocence.

“Daddy, can we go eat now?” Liam interrupted the playful standoff between Taggart and Christian.

“I’m hungry, Daddy.” Ethan patted his father’s leg to get his attention.

“Me too,” Taggart echoed the boys’ sentiments.

“Okay, okay.” Christian sighed exaggeratedly. “Let me find a suit to wear to daddy’s award dinner and we can go,” he promised.

“See. I don’t know why you waited till the last minute to do this,” Taggart complained.

“Hello. You are talking to a guy with memory loss…remember? Technically I just found out about it.”

“Touché,” Taggart conceded. “But you have a closet full of navy and black suits. Why couldn’t you wear of them?”

“This is a special night for David and I want to look nice. Besides…” He put emphasis on the word. “You didn’t have to come, you could have stayed home.”

“What? Are you kidding me? This is a special night for you too. You’ll be seeing those old stiff shirts and their snooty wives.”

“And…” Christian shrugged unfazed as he continued to flip through the jackets.

“And?” Taggart parroted, staring at his friend as if he had two heads.

“I’m sure I won’t remember any of them,” he pointed out.

“Oh, but trust me, Honey, they’ll remember you and the fact that you’re gay. We have to shut those bitches down at the door. Because, they will be talking so we’ll give them something to talk about; like how sharp David’s husband looked.” He pursed his lips and twisted his neck. “You need me sweetie.”

Christian nodded reflectively. He didn’t think about that. This would be like coming out all over again. “Yeah.” He sighed feeling a little uneasy about tonight.

“I’m starving,” Taggart griped as he took Liam’s hand dragging him over to the rack with him. “Let’s go find your dad a suit before I eat you.” He bounced his brows teasingly at his godson.

 

….

 

“Okay, so we have two grilled cheese with a side of apple-sauce and milk for the two little ones.” The server nodded to Liam and Ethan. “And one Budweiser.”

“Draft,” Taggart noted.

“Draft.” The server gave Taggart a sly wink. Taggart creased his brow disapprovingly and frowned at Christian who just smirked behind his menu. “With that I have a mushroom Swiss burger with extra mayo and an order of fries.” He nodded before licking the tip of his pencil. “Which leaves you.” He glanced toward Christian. “I have a glass of Kendall Jackson Merlot and a Caesar salad, dressing on the side.”

“Yep,” Christian confirmed as his placed the menu down.

“I’ll turn in your order and bring back your drinks,” he said sending Taggart a flirtatious smile before turning to leave.

Taggart leaned on the table. “Oh my god. Did you see him wink at me?” He turned up his nose.

“I did.” Christian laughed amusingly. “He was so flirting with you.” He egged on seeing the scowl on his friend’s face.

“I hate it when that happens.” Taggart huffed and rolled his eyes.

“Well, you shouldn’t be so gorgeous,” Christian teased.

Pfff…Whatever,” Taggart dismissed the compliment. He rested his hand under his chin watching his friend sitting across from him. Christian had turned his attention to Liam and Ethan who were busy coloring on their kid’s menus. He could tell by the contemplative expression on his face and the way he seemed to be studying the boys, that he was lost in thought.

Taggart pressed his lips together and pick up his glass of water; taking a small sip while peering over the rim at his friend.

“Look, Daddy.” Liam grinned proudly while holding up his picture for Christian to see.

“That’s nice, Liam.”

“Mine is better than Ethan’s,” he bragged proudly. Christian smiled at Ethan who was scribbling on his menu lost in his own little world.

“Not, better, Son, just different,” he corrected placing his chin in the palm of his hand.

Taggart took a deep breath and asked, “So.” He set his glass down. “How are you…Really?”

Too tired mentally and physically to change his position, Christian just tilts his head slightly toward his friend. “Hmmm?”

“I asked how you were,” Taggart rephrased his question. “And I want the truth.”

“I guess I’m okay.” Christian stated, lifting his head and sitting up straight. “I just for the life of me don’t understand why it’s so hard to remember things.”

“Well, you did have a massive brain injury. I’m surprised you remember anything at all.”

“Yeah.” Christian played idly with the scar behind his ear. “David told me about my dad the other day.” He stated without much thought.

“Really?” Taggart’s eyes widened.

“Yeah.”

“Oh my.” His friend reached across the table. “How are you?”

“I don’t remember it,” He admitted with a frown. “But that was my father…you know?”

Taggart nodded slowly while caressing Christian’s hand.

“My father died in a horrible accident after fighting with me and my boyfriend,” he said the word boyfriend as if it left a bitter taste.

“Don’t do that,” Taggart cautioned faintly. “Don’t do that to yourself, Chris.”

“Here you go fellas,” The server’s perky voice interrupted them. Taggart sat up straight forcing a smile. “I bought you guys’ chips and salsa.”

“We didn’t order any chips or salsa,” Taggart pointed out.

“Don’t worry about it.” He looked back over his shoulder to ensure no one was listening. “It’s my treat.” He nudged Taggart’s shoulder with his own.

“Gawd.” Taggard rolled his eyes inciting a small giggle from Christian.

“Thank you,” Christian said with a polite smile. Ethan and Liam had already dug in and had a hand full of chips. The server returned the smile feeling quite pleased with himself.

“The rest of your order should be up in a moment,” he informed them, his gaze lingering longer on Taggart causing him to feel uncomfortable. “And if you need anything…anything at all.” He winked before walking away.

“Um…okay.” Taggart winced unimpressed. He watched the server until he was out of sight before turning his attention to his godsons. “No double dipping you two,” he warned shaking his finger at them. “As a matter-of-fact, no dipping at all,” he instructed snidely while taking a gulp of his beer.

Ethan giggled even as he dipped his chip into the salsa. Taggart scoffed as the little boy grinned at him before stuffing the chip in his mouth.

“See, they don’t take me seriously.” He glared at Ethan feigning hurt feelings.

“No double dipping, okay?” Christian reemphasized in an authoritative tone.

“K, Daddy.” Ethan nodded while nibbling on his chip.

Taggart leaned over and whispered in Ethan’s ear. “Just wait, you little chump stain, I got you….tonight,” he warned with a sly wink before turning his attention back to his friend. Christian just shook his head and took a sip of wine and relaxed in his seat. The tone in the air took on one of a serious nature once more.

“Christian,” Taggart spoke first. “The accident wasn’t anyone’s fault, that’s why it’s called an accident.” He tried to reason.

“I know, but…” He sighed. “I just wish I could remember.”

“Maybe it’s a blessing that you don’t,” Taggart stated sympathetically. “I mean something like that; most people wish they could forget.”

Christian nodded slowly taking Taggart’s words to heart, yet it still didn’t ease the ache he felt at the thought of his father. Solomon was a ‘god fearing man.’ Stiff necked some would say, and though his words were harsh, that was all he knew and Christian was sure he meant well. The fact that he put him out telling him not to return, only to turn around and make a trip to Boston as one last ditch effort to quote “save” his son proved that.

“I mean,” Taggart’s voice pulled him from his thoughts. “That was devastating not only for you, but for David as well,” he pointed out. “You actually broke up with him because of it.”

“Yeah, I know.” Christian sighed reflectively. “He told me. But I came back,” he stated, coming to his own defense.

“Yeah, you did. With a lot of baggage.”

“Well, I did lose my father in a tragic accident for goodness sake,” Christian defended.

“True, but that’s not what I’m talking about.”

“Then what are you talking about?” Christian furrowed his brow at a loss. Taggart was about to explain when their server and a colleague of his arrived carrying a large tray loaded down with their plates. There was a moment of chaos as the servers tried to get everyone’s order correct along with the proper condiments while Christian ensured that both Ethan and Liam were settled and eating before he thanked them.

“I think that’s everything,” Their server said as he surveyed the table.

“I think it is,” Taggart confirmed. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Let me know if you need anything else.”

“Will do,” Taggart assured him.

Taggart loaded his fries with ketchup and added more mayo to his cheese burger before taking a huge bite. “How’s your salad?” He mumbled between chews.

“Good.” Christian nodded while spearing the lettuce with his fork. “You mentioned that when David and I got back together, I had baggage. What did you mean?” He asked as he dipped the lettuce in the Caesar dressing.

“Oh yeah.” Taggart stuffed a fry in his mouth and chewed a few times before speaking. “Well.” He swallowed hard. “While you were in Mississippi, let’s just say you went through an identity crisis…again,” he said while reaching for another fry.

“What, I went back in the closet?” Christian guessed.

“Worse. You started dating again.”

Ohhh…Really?” Christian placed his fork down and grabbed his wine. “Who?” He asked before taking a sip.

“Charlotte Guthrie.”

Christian’s eyes widened and he choked, spitting out the wine he was attempting to swallow.

“Oh.” Taggart placed his hand to his chest. “Are you okay?” He asked slightly amused by Christian’s response. He was sure his friend was alright, just a little taken aback that’s all.

“Are you okay, Daddy?” Liam parroted.

“I...I’m fine,” Christian choked out, trying to control his coughing and catch his breath.

“Daddy got a cold?” Ethan wondered as he reached for his milk.

“No…no cold, Ethan,” he assured him while banging on his chest with his fist. “Eat your food, Son.”

Taggart looked on, eating his burger. It appeared his friend had a better time digesting his lunch than the current bit of information he’d shared with him. “Are you sure you’re okay?” He placed his half eaten burger on his plate as Christian’s coughing tapered off.

“Wow.” Christian mouthed in awe using his napkin to wipe his mouth.

“Yep.” Taggart gave an affirming nod.

“Charlotte Guthrie,” he said in amazement.

“Yep that was your ‘beard,’ for six months.”

“Oh my god. We went to school with her. I didn’t like her than,” Christian said still trying to process the information. “What about David? What happened to Charlotte?”

“David never knew about your little indiscretion-“

“What?” Christian interrupted. “He doesn’t know?”

“You never told him.”

“Why not?” He questioned.

“Daddy, I don’t like this stuff,” Liam piped in, pointing at his applesauce.

“Then don’t eat it,” Christian replied still focused on his conversation.

“I don’t have to eat it?” Liam clarified with a questioning gaze.

“No,” Christian answered his son quickly before turning his attention back to Taggart.

“YAY!!!!”

“Tag?”

“Daddy?”

“Don’t eat it, Ethan,” Christian answered his son already knowing what he was going to say.

“Wow.” Taggart sat back crossing his arms over his chest. “I’m impressed.”

Christian rolled his eyes in frustration. “This is serious, Tag. Why didn’t I tell David about Charlotte? You’re always talking about how honest we are with each other.” Taggart shrugged. He made sure that Ethan and Liam were preoccupied before leaning in like he was about to reveal a big secret, and in a way he was.

“David had been through so much,” he explained, “He felt guilty about what happened to your father. You pushed him away. Then you just up and left him. Put him completely out of your life.” Taggart exhaled, his expression solemn. “It was your choice not to tell him.” Taggart shrugged casually and picked up his burger. Christian clasped his fingers together and rested his hands on the table as he listened intently.

“It was my choice?” He questioned incredulously.

“Yep.”

“What happened to Charlotte?”

“Well, she’s married now and moved on with her life…I guess.” Taggart shrugged. “She didn’t push the envelope when you ended things with her. Hell, everyone at school knew you were gay before you did. Why she even went out with you in the first place is beyond me.”

Christian was quiet for a moment pondering the information. Trying to wrap his mind around what he was being told. It was one of the many things he couldn’t recall. “Why would I do that?” He wondered aloud.

“What? Not tell David that you dated Charlotte? Or why you would date her in the first place?” Taggart questioned.

“Both, I guess,” he replied. “He needs to know. He has the right to know.”

“Why?”

“Why?” Christian repeated the question as if it was absurd. “Tag, I don’t remember much about nothing, but I do know this man loves me and those boys over there.” He gestured toward his sons. “Lasting relationships are built on trust and honesty,” he said with conviction. “I came back to him after my father’s death for a reason. I’m starting to understand that-“

“You came back because you love him,” Taggart stated passionately. “And you came back to him a second time for the same reason.”

“A second time?” Christian drew his brows together in confusion.

“Yeah, after your accident,” Taggart clarified. “You might not remember him, Christian, but deep down subconsciously; somewhere in your heart you know you love that man.”

Christian had a faraway look in his eyes as he reflected on Taggart’s words. There was probably some truth to them. He did find David incredibly attractive and his kiss… but aside from that it was something in the way David touched him leaving his fingerprints etched in his soul.

~*~*

David sat back in the large chair, crossing one leg over the other while he waited for Christian to finish getting dressed. He took a careful sip of his sherry before glancing at the time, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. He hoped this was a good idea. More importantly he hoped that Christian fared okay. Tonight was like a going out on a first date, though he didn’t remember feeling this anxious the first time around.

“All ready, Daddy,” Liam’s tiny voice met his ears. He turned just in time to see Ethan padding up behind his brother dragging their overnight bag. He was sure it was filled with all of their favorite DS games a few books and movies. Going to their Uncle Tag and Uncle Jimmy’s house was always a treat.

“Okay. We’re just waiting on your father-“

“I’m ready,” Christian announced as he stepped around the corner.

Most people don’t consider men beautiful. They’re usually handsome, cute, or nice looking, but none of those words would do Christian any justice at this moment. David was in awe of the man before him. He stood tall, confident like a man with the world at his feet. By mere appearance no one could tell there was a struggle going on inside his head.

He glanced up from securing his cufflink and flashed his husband a sexy smile. “Well?” He pivoted from one side to the other.

“Incredible.” David returned the smile as he made his way toward him. “Wow,” He took Christian by the hand and slowly leaned forward placing a simple kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you,” Christian’s voice was faint. Being this close, sharing his air made Christian weak. Their eyes met as David pulled back causing Christian’s heart to skip a beat as he struggled to breathe, being mesmerized by those blue eyes he was becoming fond of. For a brief moment the world seemed to fade and they were the only ones left in it. He swallowed the dryness in his throat before attempting to speak.

“Daddy?” Liam’s voice pulled him from his trance-like state. He glanced down at his son who was tugging on his pant leg. “Daddy, can we leave now?”

“Um…yeah,” Christian stammered sending David a weak smile.

Stepping back, David ran his tongue over his lower lip and arched his brow, giving his husband an approving nod. Christian had opted for a midnight blue tailored suit that, depending on the lighting, you couldn’t tell if it was black or dark blue. Under the jacket he wore a crisp white, collarless shirt offset by a yellow silk hankie with navy polka dots that just peeked out of the jacket pocket. He had also managed to fit in time for a haircut. The sides and nape of his neck were tapered leaving just enough fullness in the back to cover his scar. He locked his blond curls in place with a little styling mousse.

“You look spiffy yourself,” Christian complimented, admiring David’s attire. His was more traditional. Navy double-breasted suit with a white shirt with navy pinned strips and hunter green tie.

“Thank you.” David smiled modestly. He placed both hands on Christian’s shoulders and tilted his head slightly. “We don’t have to do this, you know.”

“I know,” Christian replied. “I want to. It’s a special night for you and I want to share it with you.” He noticed the uncertainty in David’s eyes and tried to reassure him. “I mean it.” He smiled encouragingly. "I want to do this for you, honest... And besides I wasn’t sure how we did the money thing. I found a check book with both of our names on so…” He shrugged.

David chuckled, “That’s totally fine.”

“I hope you think so when you see the bill,” Christian countered.

“Daddy, come on,” Liam reminded them he was in the room.

“Okay, okay.” Christian laughed in amusement. “I think we better get going or they might be late for their engagement.” He smirked as he took Liam by the hand.

“Yeah right.” David laughed as he motioned for Ethan to come to him. “You ready to go little man?”

“Uncle Jimmy!” Ethan squealed in delight as he dad hoisted him up in his arms.

~*~*~

Christian rang the doorbell and stepped back, glancing down at his son with a smile. Liam stood beside him, his eyes trained on the game his was playing on his Nintendo DS. “Who’s winning?” Christian asked just as he heard footsteps on the other side of the door.

Liam took his eyes of the screen for a brief moment. “Big Show!” He roared trying to mimic the wrestler’s voice. Christian shook his head and laughed tousling his son’s hair just as the door opened.

“Wow.” His eyes widened in surprise. He placed his hand over his chest in awe as he marveled at his friend. Taggart answered the door wearing a white tee shirt and a pair of yellow and pink ‘Minnie Mouse’ lounging pants, but that’s not what stunned Christian. He always knew his friend to be flamboyant. It was the fact that his hair wasn’t pulled in his traditional ponytail.

“Wow, is right, Sweetie, you look marvelous,” Taggart replied returning the sentiment. He stepped further out on the porch to get a closer look. He nodded his approval giving Christian the once over. “The suit fits perfectly, and I love what you did with your hair.” He reached out allowing his fingers to trace over the curls, careful not to mess it up. He stepped back, crossing his arms over his chest. “And hello to you too, Monster,” He greeted the little boy standing next to his father.

“Hi, Uncle Tag.” Liam grinned unfazed by the monster comment. Taggart scowled at him playfully and stuck out his tongue before turning his attention back to Christian. “Where’s your better half?” Just as the words left his lips he noticed David coming up the walkway carrying Ethan.

“Boy, put that kid down, you’re wrinkling your suit,” Taggart chided. He side stepped both Liam and Christian, and waved for David to hurry up and hand Ethan over. “Boy, you’re too big to be carried.” He placed him on the ground and swatted the toddler on the bottom ushering him up the porch. “Go find your Uncle Jimmy.” Taggart giggled, combed his hair out of his face and placed his hands on his hips. “You look so handsome.” He smiled while adjusting David’s tie. “Hold your neck up,” He instructed fixing the knot perfectly. “You both are going to wow them tonight,” He commented patting David on the chest. “There.”

“I don’t know about that.” David blushed. “He might though.” He nodded to his husband.

“He does look hot, doesn’t he?” Taggart agreed. Christian smiled and shoved his hands in the pockets of his dress slacks as he watched them walking toward him. Taggart placed his hand on David’s shoulder allowing him to go first.

Christian creased his brow tilting his head slightly observing Taggart’s hair. “Man, your hair, it’s…it’s so long.” He narrowed his gaze in amazement. Christian wasn’t exaggerating; Taggart’s thick, black curly hair cascaded down past his shoulders framing his thin cheeks perfectly.

“I know, I hate it,” Taggart rolled his eyes through an exhausting sigh while tossing his hair back over his shoulder. “I want to just buzz it off, but Jimmy likes it long, so I wear it down at home so I don’t have to hear his mouth.”

“How do you get all that in a ponytail?” Christian wondered while scratching at his chin.

“It ain’t easy.” Taggart laughed.

“I bet.” Christian nodded. He glanced over his shoulder at David who gave an agreeing nod as well. As if on cue Jimmy appeared at the door carrying a slice of pizza in one hand and a can of beer in the other.

“Did I hear my name?” He winked before taking a bite of pizza.

Heyyyy,” Taggart objected. “I thought I told you to wait till the boys got here before you got some pizza.”

“And I did,” Jimmy countered. He stepped aside revealing little Ethan who was munching down on a slice of pizza almost as big as his was.

“Hey guys.” He waved, flashing a victorious smile at David and Christian. Taggart just sighed and rolled his eyes.

“What’s up, Jimmy?” David waved casually.

“Hi, Jimmy.”

“Don’t you two look sexy?” Jimmy bounced his brows suggestively.

“Thanks…” Both men blushed and ducked their heads.

“I want some pizza, Daddy.” Liam tugged on David’s pant leg.

“Well go get you some, it’s in there,” Taggart spoke up before David could. “Ethan, show your brother where the pizza is.”

“K…” He mumbled through a mouth full of food. “Come on, Liam.”

“Bye.” Liam waved excitedly as he scurried off after his brother. Jimmy stepped aside allowing the boys to run past. He laughed and shook his head.

“I wanted to.” Christian glanced back over his shoulder. “We,” He corrected, “Wanted to thank you for looking after the boys for us.”

“Yeah.” David stepped up behind his husband and placed a hand on the small of his back. “We really appreciate it.”

“Oh anytime.” Taggart walked up beside Jimmy and snagged his pizza.

“Hey!” Jimmy objected teasingly watching his partner take a huge bite.

“You know we don’t mind at all,” Taggart said between chews. “We love tormenting the little devils.”

Jimmy nodded before turning up his beer. “Speaking of.” He swallowed. “It’s torture time.” He grinned mischievously. “You guys have fun tonight.” He saluted with his can of beer.

“Thanks, Jimmy.”

Jimmy nodded and smiled as he turned to walk inside but not before swiping what was left of his pizza from Taggart.

“Hey!” Taggart objected. “Have fun guys.” He chuckled as he darted after Jimmy. “Get back here…” They heard his voice trail off as he closed the door.

David laughed lightly while scratching between his brows. “You ready?”

Christian took a deep breath. “As ready as I’m gonna be.”

Up next...The Date...

Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice lead up... now they should skip the fancy-smancy dinner and go home for a kid free night alone ;) I love the playfullness between Taggart/Jimmy and the boys. It's great to have friends that close to each other's family. Great chapter Kim, can't wait for more! :)

Link to comment
On 05/25/2012 06:49 AM, K.C. said:
Nice lead up... now they should skip the fancy-smancy dinner and go home for a kid free night alone ;) I love the playfullness between Taggart/Jimmy and the boys. It's great to have friends that close to each other's family. Great chapter Kim, can't wait for more! :)
Thanks, KC, I wanted to do the date right, so I thought dedicating the next chapter to it would work out better, that way I wouldn't feel rushed... :D I totally love Tag/Jimmys' relationship with the boys, as much grief that they give Ethan and Liam, you know they love them to pieces and visa-versa. I'm sure David wouldn't mind skipping dinner, not sure if Christian's ready... ;) but you never know he might just surprise ya :) Thanks for reading and taking the time to post a review. I appreiciate it more than you know.

 

Kim

Link to comment

Two hunks in love, but for Christian on the cusp, it's like the first time all over... again!

He's lucky he only has memory loss and no other apparent neurological deficits.

Traumatic head injuries, often have much worse complications.

Link to comment
On 05/25/2012 11:51 AM, Daddydavek said:
Two hunks in love, but for Christian on the cusp, it's like the first time all over... again!

He's lucky he only has memory loss and no other apparent neurological deficits.

Traumatic head injuries, often have much worse complications.

Lucky indeed, Daddydavek on both counts... Glad to know you're still hanging in there. thanks for reading and posting a review... ;)

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

This chapter made me smile. Watching Christian out with his best friend and the "little monsters" or "Devils" lol Taggart's love for those children is very apparent despite the names he chooses to use hehe. A favorite Line; "Let’s go find your dad a suit before I eat you.” Vice versa you can tell the kids adore him too and don't really pay his little comments any mind lol gotta love the dynamic. On the Flipside Christian got hit with a lot of info didn't he ? Good thing he has Tag to help talk him through. Loved Tag being annoyed at the waiter who was flirting with him too lol

This was a perfect build up to the date. Christian and David both looking gorgeous and ready for a night out. The little monsters safe with their godfathers lol . Ethan holding the pizza slice that was almost as big as him is too cute. Tag swiping Jimmy's pizza even cuter! looking forward to the date. great chapter chica

Link to comment
On 05/25/2012 09:31 PM, Jammi said:
This chapter made me smile. Watching Christian out with his best friend and the "little monsters" or "Devils" lol Taggart's love for those children is very apparent despite the names he chooses to use hehe. A favorite Line; "Let’s go find your dad a suit before I eat you.” Vice versa you can tell the kids adore him too and don't really pay his little comments any mind lol gotta love the dynamic. On the Flipside Christian got hit with a lot of info didn't he ? Good thing he has Tag to help talk him through. Loved Tag being annoyed at the waiter who was flirting with him too lol

This was a perfect build up to the date. Christian and David both looking gorgeous and ready for a night out. The little monsters safe with their godfathers lol . Ethan holding the pizza slice that was almost as big as him is too cute. Tag swiping Jimmy's pizza even cuter! looking forward to the date. great chapter chica

Thanks Ms. Jammikins. I really appreicate you review, even though we talk our stories out, it's still nice. I think Tag rocks like no body's business and yes he loves those boys to death. We will get a little more history on Taggart and Jimmy's relationship too. they have an interesting story I think. I also think the date will be fun as well. thanks again for ALL your help and allowing me to bounce ideas off you..

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

What, no cliffhanger?

I'm liking Taagart and would like to get to spend a littl more time with him and Jimmy.

Great Chapter.

 

Looking forward to next chapter and all that rubber chicken and dirty looks.

Link to comment
On 05/26/2012 02:53 AM, Swhouston44 said:
What, no cliffhanger?

I'm liking Taagart and would like to get to spend a littl more time with him and Jimmy.

Great Chapter.

 

Looking forward to next chapter and all that rubber chicken and dirty looks.

rubber chickens and dirty looks...Hahahaha. You always have a way of making me smile. Oh yes we get some Tag and Jimmy time coming up soon. ;) I'm excited about the next chapter, hope I don't disapoint...

Merci, for the review, as always...

 

Kim:D

Link to comment

I am all caught up!!!! And I cant wait for the date night!!!

WOW! Its a shame I missed the previous two updates.. and those were brilliant! The past story of their lives, all that happening with Christian's father. It was so much. I can understand why Christian feels the need to remember it.

And like always, David's being the perfect husband. So loving... A saint like Chris called him LOL!!

Loved it all! hehe I couldnt wait till tomorrow. I saw the story and I just dived in ^_^

Link to comment
On 05/27/2012 06:37 AM, SidLove said:
I am all caught up!!!! And I cant wait for the date night!!!

WOW! Its a shame I missed the previous two updates.. and those were brilliant! The past story of their lives, all that happening with Christian's father. It was so much. I can understand why Christian feels the need to remember it.

And like always, David's being the perfect husband. So loving... A saint like Chris called him LOL!!

Loved it all! hehe I couldnt wait till tomorrow. I saw the story and I just dived in ^_^

All caught up eh? well I guess I need to get to writing...lol Thanks so much for the review. Comments fuel the writter's soul I aways say... David is totally cool, I would actually like one of him myself, but like I keep saying Christian is a force to be reconded with as well, he just don't remember their past life together. but be sure to check him out in up comming chapters...just saying ;)
Link to comment

Oh no chica you have to finish this story... I love it way tooooo much... I want more... Whines like a Child... lol i kid. Love the chapter tho, heh Chris hada identity chrisist? Wow and dates a girl for 6 months lols....

Heh, but the detail you put into this chapter was great. I feel and visualized the surrondings... Awesome!

Remijay <3

Link to comment
On 06/02/2012 04:07 PM, Remijay said:
Oh no chica you have to finish this story... I love it way tooooo much... I want more... Whines like a Child... lol i kid. Love the chapter tho, heh Chris hada identity chrisist? Wow and dates a girl for 6 months lols....

Heh, but the detail you put into this chapter was great. I feel and visualized the surrondings... Awesome!

Remijay <3

:D :D. Glad you are enjoying the story so far RJ. I'll have to give Fleets a hug for the rec. Yeah, poor Chris. He needs a hug for sure. Danke for the review ;)more sure to come...

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

Geez, how did I completely miss this chapter?

 

I love when Tag, Chris and the kids were at the restaurant. That waiter was too much! lol I love how Tag and Jimmy totally tease those little boys. They'll have a blast while their daddies are at the event.

 

I can feel for Chris; he may not remember the people who will be there and for him it'll be like meeting them for the first time. That can be very nerve wracking.

 

And I gotta tell you Kim; I read and re-read this line a dozen times; it's so beautiful: ...something in the way David touches him leaving fingerprints etched in his soul. That line is beautiful. Such imagery. Wow, you do have a way with words.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter! :)

Link to comment
On 06/04/2012 03:07 AM, Lisa said:
Geez, how did I completely miss this chapter?

 

I love when Tag, Chris and the kids were at the restaurant. That waiter was too much! lol I love how Tag and Jimmy totally tease those little boys. They'll have a blast while their daddies are at the event.

 

I can feel for Chris; he may not remember the people who will be there and for him it'll be like meeting them for the first time. That can be very nerve wracking.

 

And I gotta tell you Kim; I read and re-read this line a dozen times; it's so beautiful: ...something in the way David touches him leaving fingerprints etched in his soul. That line is beautiful. Such imagery. Wow, you do have a way with words.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter! :)

I have no idea, but I missed you too. :D Tag and Jimmy are incredible individuals. As much grief as they give those boys they have nuttin but love for them. We get a little more of Christian and David's besties in the next chapter so I hope everyone likes it.

Awww...blushing over here. Glad you liked that line. Love and the feeling of love and being loved is an amazing thing. It's fun watching this love thang unfold for Christian. Thanks for the review, and glad to see I didn't lose you, I was starting to worry there for a moment ;)

 

Merci, Kim :D

Link to comment

so finally i 'm able to read some more... i was desperate already :) a nice relaxing chapter.. had to laugh at so many scenes here:) first, i'm still in awe at how easily Christian fits in his role as a father here. his handling on the boys is amazing!! i like how important it is for him to get a new suit, just brcause it;s an important event for David. most highly not even know one person here!! then the restaurant visit... you have to love Tag ( and Jimmy)how they are with these little monsters is beyond amazing and i can tell that even with all these comments , e.g. ok, let's spank him or it's torture time , they love these lottle two and vice versa!! they were so excited for their stay overnight...lol..

you put a little damper on my mood by revealing the tidbits about Christian's time after the breakup.. so much guilt and dating a girl he didn't even like in school was hard.. i'm curious he will eventually reaveal this secret to David. i liked though that it looks like Chris is getting motr and more comfortable with this idea of being with David.. buying this suit, using a checkbook with both their names, it has to count for something... so i'm sure the monsters will have a great time and i hope this goes for Cgris and David too...last one word, whenever i see chips or something like that on atable i will think about.. no double dipping... that;s how you and your stories affect my RL...LOL thanks <3

Link to comment
On 07/27/2012 11:54 PM, asonearth said:
so finally i 'm able to read some more... i was desperate already :) a nice relaxing chapter.. had to laugh at so many scenes here:) first, i'm still in awe at how easily Christian fits in his role as a father here. his handling on the boys is amazing!! i like how important it is for him to get a new suit, just brcause it;s an important event for David. most highly not even know one person here!! then the restaurant visit... you have to love Tag ( and Jimmy)how they are with these little monsters is beyond amazing and i can tell that even with all these comments , e.g. ok, let's spank him or it's torture time , they love these lottle two and vice versa!! they were so excited for their stay overnight...lol..

you put a little damper on my mood by revealing the tidbits about Christian's time after the breakup.. so much guilt and dating a girl he didn't even like in school was hard.. i'm curious he will eventually reaveal this secret to David. i liked though that it looks like Chris is getting motr and more comfortable with this idea of being with David.. buying this suit, using a checkbook with both their names, it has to count for something... so i'm sure the monsters will have a great time and i hope this goes for Cgris and David too...last one word, whenever i see chips or something like that on atable i will think about.. no double dipping... that;s how you and your stories affect my RL...LOL thanks <3

That's right, girl, no double dipping please...lol Glad you got a chance to read this chapter, Nettie Poo, it was fun to write, I love including Ethan and Liam in the chapters and you're right Chris is amazing with them, they're his sons and he grew to love them rather quickly.

The dinner party means a lot to David that Chris is even going, but it is important to Chris as well to support his husband.

I've said before, everyone needs a Jimmy and Tag, they are amazing as well.

Sorry about the damper, but you know how life is sometimes. It actually seems to distrub Chris when he found out about Charlotte which is a good thing.

Danke, girly have a wonderful weekend, Love ya,

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..