Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 3,088 Words
  • 9,487 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lovers Blind - 1. History

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lovers Blind 01: History.

"Your son has a degenerative cornea disease, we can treat it with medication but unless we find a compatible donor it is likely he will lose his sight within a few years."

That’s what the doctors told my parents shortly after my sixth birthday. We had gone in for our family eye exams and the Optometrist had found something odd while looking at my eyes, he advised my parents to take me and have some blood work done immediately.

A week later the Hospital called and gave my parents the results, as well as told them the number to a Dr. Dalton, an expert in the field of Ocular Disease and Treatment.

My mother cried so much when he told them the news that she was nearly dehydrated, my dad though was more furious then sad.

"Why didn't you find this before now?" He bellowed at the Doctor.

"For a very simple reason", Dr. Dalton said calmly," because it is undetectable until it becomes active and it is just now becoming active in your son. We have caught it early and can slow it down with medication but the only cure is transplant."

My parents, of course, volunteered at once but were both ruled out as candidates. My mother wasn't a match and my dad was ruled out because the disease is hereditary and passes from father to child so if transplanted his corneas were likely to develop the same disease.

That killed my dad, for the longest time he blamed himself for my condition. Once they were ruled out I was placed on the waiting list and have been there for ten years.

My name is Zeek by the way, Zeek Manning. I'm seventeen and haven't seen my reflection since I lost my sight four years ago but I'm told that I'm about 5'9 and 193lbs with sandy brown hair, a fair complexion and a decent build.

I'm not sure if my eyes are still colored or if they've gone milky white like my Grandmas before she died but when I could see they were a dark, cobalt blue.

I don't really miss being able to see. I had thirteen years to memorize what things looked like and by the time I lost my sight I was able to read and write perfectly. The only really difficult parts about being blind are learning to read Braille and I miss seeing certain people’s faces; my parents, my granddads and the person I miss seeing the most is my best friend Jake.

I have known Jake since we were five. We met the first day of kindergarten, some other kids had been making fun of me and pushing me around when Jake ,who has always been big for his age, stepped up and told them to leave me alone; we’ve been friends ever since. My biggest fear the day I lost my sight was that I would loose him as a friend; I mean who would want to hang around with someone who had to walk with a cane and had to take special classes to keep up with everyone else, someone who had to have help with everyday things? No one would, or so I thought.

"So how I can I help?" He asked me the day I told him I couldn't see anymore.

"You want to help me?" I asked him disbelief.

“What, did you think I was going to abandon you or something? I could never do that, you're my best friend." He told me as I felt his hand grip my shoulder and felt a few tears slide down my cheek.

From then on we were inseparable, more so than before. We spend almost all of our time together, he comes over every morning to make sure I'm awake and dressed; which I always am.

He drives the two of us to school and helps me get through the halls without knocking into people and after school we usually just hangout at my place, do homework or whatever.

He is the best friend I have and I love him, I love him more than he may ever know. Oh, it sounds like he is here.

* * *

"Hey mom I need you to call the school and tell them me and Zeek will be late, there is an accident on the corner of Twenty-third and Exciter so traffic is backed up a good ways and I’m sure we will be late for our first class." I called to my mom as I tied up my sneakers while listening to the morning radio show.

"Well if you guys take Central you should be able to by pass it." She said as she passed my door to get ready for work.

"Well either way we go there is still a good chance that we'll be late." I said as I grabbed my backpack and made my way to the door.

"Well I guess you are right, I'll call and let them know; but you’d better get to Zeeks he will be wondering where you are." She said with a smile as she came up behind me and gave me a hug.

"He lives next door Mom I doubt he will wonder too much where I am. I'm taking a pack of these." I said as I grabbed a pack of pop tarts and headed out the door.

My name is Jake Madsen I'm seventeen about 5'9 with a muscular build, brown eyes and blond hair. Zeek is my best friend. As I said, he lives next door. We have been friends for years now and ever since he lost his sight we have gotten even closer, (just not as close as I would like). Zeek still has a lot of independence but there are still things he needs help with and a lot of those things I help him with; like driving him to and from school, helping him through the halls so no one tries to mess with him, (as I would hate to have to hurt someone for being mean to him).

I love being able to help Zeek out, he is the only real friend I have. Maybe that’s why I've developed the feelings that I have for him.

I have always known I liked guys and I have never had a problem with that but Zeek is different, he is the only guy I have ever imagined myself with for more then just a one night stand; I can actually see growing old with him. I know its probably not right to think about him like that I mean, I am his friend but I can't help wanting to be more, but right now I have to worry about getting to school on time so I need to hurry up and get Zeek.

* * *

"Hey man you ready yet?" I heard Jake yell up the stairs as I pulled on my shirt.

"Yea I'm ready. I just have to grab my bag and I'll be down." I yelled back feeling around for my bag on my bed.

Just as I was feeling my way toward the door I thought I heard Jake say something so I called down to him.

"Hey did you say something."

"What…Oh...um yea I asked if you wanted me to bring your cane up; you left it down here again."

He said in a slightly anxious tone that made me think that wasn’t actually what he said.

"Fuck I did leave it down there didn't I. Yea go ahead and bring it up." I yelled into the hall after feeling around my door for my cane. I've gotten into a bad habit of leaving it by the stairs before I come to bed.

I heard Jake's big feet pounding up the stairs and the click of my cane as he bumped it against the banister.

"Here you are my friend." I heard him say from somewhere around my left.

I reached out and felt my hand hit his chest. Moving down I ran my hand across his outstretched arm, feeling the goose bumps rise as I did so till I felt the band of his watch and the plastic top of my cane.

"So you want to help me down the stairs, or do I have to use this thing?" I asked as I collapsed my cane.

"I can help you if you want me to." He said as I heard him take another step closer.

"Well I do, so come on." I said with a smile.

Jake took my hand and led me to the edge of the stairs then he placed it on his shoulder and we started carefully down the stairs together; him telling me each time I needed to take a step down. When we got to the bottom of the stairs I asked him if my folks had left a tape with my sunglasses on the table by the door.

"Yea your recorder is here with a tape next to it." He said as he left me near the stairs to go get it and my shades.

That is how my parents left me notes, every morning if they had something they wanted to tell me they would make a little recording and put it next to my tape recorder so I could listen to it on my way to school. I just needed to make sure I had extra tapes so I could record my classes for use later.

I felt my shades slip over my eyes and then felt Jake slide my tape recorder into my hand. I felt around till I found the eject switch and popped out my school tape and slipped it into my pocket before switching it out with my message tape as Jake lead me to the door.

"’Dear Zeek and Jake since I am sure you can hear this too’", said my moms voice, "’Your father and me just wanted you to know we will be at the office till late tonight. We probably won’t be home till around 10 as we need to finish some reports for the conference next week. We just wanted to say we are sorry and that we love you and hope you have a good day at school and we also know that it is supposed to storm tonight but no more late night trips to Rogers Ridge or you will be in trouble, bye dear.’"

"So you want me to stay the night tonight since your parents will be home late?" Jake asked me as we reached his car and I rewound my tape.

"Don't I always want you to stay when my parents will be late?" I asked him as I carefully got into the passenger seat and pulled my seat belt on.

"Well I thought you might be getting sick of me being around so much.” He said as he got into the car and slammed the door.

But Jake couldn't be further from the truth. I love it when he is around, that is why I am so damn happy when my parents work late, yea I love them and I miss them but I love the extra time with Jake; especially when he stays the night.

We always share my bed and while nothing has ever happened, (like I'd know if it had), but I always wake up to find his arm around my waist with his hand against my stomach.

I always feel warm and safe when we lay like that.

"So are you going to make me take you up to the ridge tonight?" Jake asked pulling me out of my revere. I hadn't even noticed that the car had been started or that we were moving.

"Don't I always.” I said with a laugh.

Rogers Ridge is just that, a ridge on the outside of town that gives you a perfect view of nearly the entire town. I've never seen it, obviously, but when ever a storm comes in it comes from the east and since the ridge faces east you can see the storm clouds for miles before they hit town.

I go there for a different reason though. I may not be able to see the storm as it comes into town but I can feel it. Even as a kid, before I lost my sight, I could feel storms. I'd close my eyes and when there was thunder my heart would beat faster, each lightening strike made the hair on my arms stand up and I could smell the rain even if I was inside. Since loosing my sight it seems to have intensified to where I can actually feel the storms a mile or more away.

I like to go up to the ridge to feel the storms coming in and since I can't drive myself I get Jake to take me. My parents constantly forbid me to do it but they are always at work or out of town so I haven't been caught in a long time. Jake tries to get me not go too, he tries to claim that it’s because my parents told me not to but he's really afraid for my safety. Jake thinks I'm some kind of beacon and that one day I'll get struck by lightening or something.

"You know we really shouldn't. Your parents will have my balls in a jar if they find out I am the one taking you up there." He said with a hint of a laugh in his voice.

"Man they already know you are the one taking me up there,” I said as I moved my hand closer to him and putting it on his leg,” and feels like they are still there to me." I said laughing as I reached suddenly between his legs and squeezed his package, feeling a hard on starting to form.

"Hey those are mine!" He said as he smacked the tips of my fingers as I quickly pulled my hand away.

"So why is it taking so long for us to get there?" I asked after I finally stop laughing.

"Oh...uhh...yea, there was an accident on Twenty-third so we have to take Central.” He said as though he had forgotten what we were doing.

"Well damn, we are going to be late." I said as I reached into my pocket to grab my class tape and switch it out with my other one, I had forgotten to do it.

"Relax it's taken care of." Jake said in an exasperated tone, and then was quiet until we got to school.

* * *

Damn today has been full of close calls already.’ I thought silently to myself as Zeek and I made our way into school. First, Zeek almost hears me make a stupid comment about how I would grab his bag whenever he wanted me to; which I was able to cover quickly with my asking about his cane, then when he reached over and squeezed my crotch in the car made me go from a semi to a full blown boner instantly. I know he meant it as a joke and that he doesn't know what his touch does to me but maybe it was a sign that maybe, just maybe there could be something between us other than friendship.

"I’ll be back for you at lunch then I will drop you off at Gym and then come back for you for Spanish class, got it?" I asked as I took him into his English class and to the back of the room.

"Of course I do, we do this every week; I have our schedules memorized", He said as he sat his bag down on the desk and felt around inside it for the stuff he would need for class then sitting down himself, "I really appreciate you doing this man; there aren't many people who would go this far out of their way for a friend." He said as he reached out for my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"No thanks needed, you know I’m happy to help." I told him, going bright red in the face and my hard on that had gone down since we made it to school coming back with a vengeance from him squeezing my hand, thank God we weren’t the only ones late so not many people would see me excited.

I made it to the bathroom near the Music room since classes were being delayed by ten minutes I ducked in to have a quick jack before class. I locked myself in a stall and since no one ever used this bathroom the chance of being disturbed was slim.

I leaned against the stall door and lowered my jean shorts and my boxers to my knees and using saliva as an emergency lube I worked my eight inch cock like a piston as I imagined that Zeek was there with me and that it was his hand not mine, I quickly blew my load allover the toilet. I relaxed against the stall door for a few minutes slightly out of breath; after I calmed down I reached for the toilet paper to clean up my softened cock. I pulled up my boxers and jeans and washed my hand in the sink and made my way into the Music room for class. I looked at my watch as I waited for the rest of the class to show up. It would be an hour till I saw Zeek again.

To be continued........

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Well I hope yall enjoyed the first chapter. As always I want to give a big thanks to Rush for her work in editing. I’ll have the next one to you soon as I can. I’d love to hear what you think so feel free to let me know, good or bad. Drop me an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, PM me or leave a review. I read and respond to everything.

Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Neat premise for a story. Seems like there's already some mutual affection there, so I'll have to stick around and see what happens smile.png

Link to comment

A nice start. But I should note that visually impaired people tend to know every inch of their usual haunts like home and his best friends home. But it's a wonderful beginning. And a bit of trivia for you. There is a difference between canes in the U.S. and the UK. In the U.S. Canes are red and white for the visually impaired. In the UK, canes are solid white except if the person is ALSO deaf or hearing impaired as well as blind, then the cane is white and red.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 07:01 AM, long1jo said:

Just awesome, plan to read it all today

Hello Long1jo, good to meet you.

I am glad that you enjoyed the first chapter. I hope that you like the rest of the story and I hope to hear from you again.

 

best,

Owl.

Link to comment
On 10/13/2013 01:42 AM, Suvitar said:
Looks like an interesting and lovely story :thumbup:

Hello Suvitar,

 

Thank you very much. I hope that you enjoyed the story.

 

Best,

Owl

Link to comment
On 05/19/2013 08:56 AM, ricky said:
A nice start. But I should note that visually impaired people tend to know every inch of their usual haunts like home and his best friends home. But it's a wonderful beginning. And a bit of trivia for you. There is a difference between canes in the U.S. and the UK. In the U.S. Canes are red and white for the visually impaired. In the UK, canes are solid white except if the person is ALSO deaf or hearing impaired as well as blind, then the cane is white and red.

Hey Ricky, good to hear from you again,

 

Thank you for the compliment and for the information on the visually impaired. I plan to take it into account during the re-writes.

 

hope you enjoyed the story.

 

best,

Owl

Link to comment
On 12/28/2011 05:38 AM, intune said:
Neat premise for a story. Seems like there's already some mutual affection there, so I'll have to stick around and see what happens smile.png

Hello Intune, sorry that it has taken so insanely long to get back to you.

Thank you for the kinds words. I hope that you've enjoyed the story.

 

best,

Owl

Link to comment
On 12/09/2015 02:27 PM, Parker Owens said:

I enjoyed this chapter. Will read more, be sure of it. These characters are engaging and you speak their voices well.

Hello Parker, good to meet you.

I am glad that you enjoyed the first chapter. I really hope that you will continue the story and continue to enjoy. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

 

best,

Owl

Link to comment

I can't imagine anyone going blind at 13 and not missing being able to see everything. To each their own but I find that kinda fake. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..