Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 7,056 Words
  • 5,067 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lovers Blind - 10. Happy Bithday

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lovers Blind 10: Happy Birthday

Zeek and I were in the locker room before gym class on Friday before I realized what had been missing the last two days. Rick wasn't there, and hadn't been since Wednesday.

"Have you seen Rick?" I asked Zeek as we left the locker room.

"Not in a couple of years no, but I also haven't noticed him around at all. Why?" Zeek said and I had to suppress the desire to smack him, just for the fun of it.

"Smart ass," I said as I adjusted the weights on the bench press for Zeek, "I haven't seen him since Wednesday. You don't think something happened to him do you?" I asked, keeping track of Zeek's reps in my head.

"I...don't...know...you feeling...concerned?" Seek puffed between lifts, I had added an extra five pounds to his normal weight.

"Yea I guess I am. I mean I still...dislike...the guy but I don't want anything bad to happen to him; not really. I just want him to leave you alone. I've never heard anything about his parents so I dunno what they're like. Have you ever heard anything?" I asked as I pulled Zeek to his feet to take my turn.

We alternated; each doing three sets at fifteen reps,

"Nothing much...if Charles Jenkins is his dad then he's something of a sport legend around here.

Supposedly he was some hotshot when he was in school." Zeek said with a thoughtful expression as he stretched his chest muscles.

"How the hell do you know that?" I asked as I set the bar back down and sat up.

"I've heard it in passing, usually near the trophy case down by the office. Like I said though, I don't know if they're related or not." Zeek said as he pushed me out of the way and lay back on the bench.

Without Rick around the rest of the class, and indeed, the whole school day passed without any issues. I wasn't sure why I was so concerned....no, not concerned, fixated on where Rick was and where he had been for the last few days.

Zeek and I were sitting in the back of the bus when I had an idea. Miranda was plugged into the school gossip wheel, if there was anything floating around she'd know about it, and just my luck, she was on the bus.

"Hey Miranda, come back here." I called up to her as we sat waiting for the bus to fill up.

Weaving between students Miranda managed to get to the seat just in front of us.

"Well, well, well, how the mighty have fallen." Miranda said with a good natured look on her face.

"Yea, yea, yea. It's not my fault you failed your written test, twice." I said and Miranda rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, what do you need cutie?" She asked and Zeek raised an eye brow at her.

"Relax; he's not my type Zeeky boy. Beside, I already have a fan." Miranda said with a smile.

"Ahh, you and 'Big Blue' getting friendly eh? Be careful, from what I understand if he fell asleep afterward, he could crush you." Zeek said and Miranda blushed, he had developed such a naughty sense of humor.

"OK, you two can play later. I need some information Miranda." I said and Zeek turned to me, I could tell he was wondering what I was doing.

"You're such a spoil sport Jake. What do you need to know?" Miranda said, rolling her eyes.

"I want to know if there is anything going around about Rick, he hasn't been in school since Wednesday." I said and Miranda looked shocked.

"SERIOUSLY you guy's haven't heard?" Miranda asked, looking excited, "WOW! I figured you two would have been the first to have heard."

"Well we haven't, so spill it." I said I hated it when she teased like that.

"I still can't believe you guys don't know...the rumor is that after your guys' fight Wednesday his parents were furious with him...I HEAR he got so ticked off when he got home he hauled off and punched his dad." Miranda said and both Zeek and I looked shocked.

"You're joking...he didn't." Zeek said with disbelief in his voice.

"I don't know; that’s just the rumor. You know how it goes, that part could have been blown a little out of proportion. The FACT is though that whatever happened got him sent to some sort of boot camp." Miranda replied.

"Miranda where do you get your info?" Zeek asked and Miranda laughed.

"Well, the whole punch the dad thing was going around when I got to school this morning. The boot camp bit...well I MAY have been in the Office this morning when his parents came in this morning to inform Striklin of it...." Miranda said with an innocent smile.

"You were eavesdropping?" Zeek asked with a sly smile.

"No, I was waiting to talk to the nurse about a private matter and I just happened to pause outside the door to Striklin's office, and I just happened to over hear a bit..." Miranda said putting heavy emphasis on her words.

"You lie worse than I do Miranda, and that's pretty bad." Zeek said as the bus stopped again and we stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked as Zeek started to move down the isle between the seats.

"This is the fifth stop from the school, OUR stop." Zeek said as he held his hand back to me.

"I didn't even realize it. Thanks for the gossip Miranda, let us know if you hear anything else." I said as I got up and followed Zeek off the bus.

* * *

I paced back and forth in the darkness of my room. I didn't need the light on; being blind kind of negated the need for a light. I didn't need my cane either, I knew were everything was, though as pissed off as I was having it couldn't have hurt; being mad tended to make me forget where things were.

'Just...how in the hell can they do this? Tomorrow is my birthday OUR birthday and they won't even let me spend the night before with Jake....what the hell do I have to do to make them realize that Jake ISN'T going to hurt me...scratch that, what am I going to do to make MOM realize that!' I thought angrily as I continued my pacing.

After a very...heated...exchange between my folks and Jake's on Thursday my dad came to his senses, but mom was more stubborn then ever. She had tried to convince dad to hire a tutor for me, just to keep me from being led around the school by Jake. I put the hold on that really fast though. I told her there was no way she was pulling me out of school because of this. I didn't make a very good argument but it seemed to win her over.

But I was paying the price for that victory now, soon as we got home Friday afternoon mom sent Jake home and she personally saw to it that we had no contact the rest of the weekend.

Now it's Sunday night and tomorrow is Jake's and my birthdays. It was pretty cool as kids when we realized that we had the same birthday, it made us feel like brothers, and mom is trying to keep us from being together tomorrow, something that hasn't happened on our birthday's since that day Jake rescued me on the play ground.

Sighing at all the anger and frustration I was feeling I turned to sit on my bed and promptly found myself sprawled out on the floor. Like I said, getting pissed tended to cause me to loose my bearings, I stopped paying attention to the lay-outs in my head and I got all turned around.

I stood and felt around, sure enough my bed was three feet to my left...lucky I had fallen where I did, two feet more to what had been behind me and my head would have smacked my nightstand...I really needed to be more careful.

As soon as I managed to get successfully laid down on my bed someone started knocking on my door.

"Come in." I called out, not wanting to risk getting back up.

"Are you OK Son? I thought I heard a thud or something." Dad said as my door closed, at least it wasn't mom.

"I'm fine dad, I was just pacing and lot my bearings for a sec; I hit the floor instead of the bed." I said and I could hear the concern in dad's voice when he spoke again.

"Are you OK, nothing broken or bruised right?" He asked as he sat down next to me.

"Yea Dad, I'm good, the floor broke my fall. I suppose my butt does hurt some though." I said and dad chuckled.

"Look Zeek...I know you're upset about your mom not letting you spend the night with Jake, and I'm sorry for it. But you have to see things from her perspective." Dad said and I had to tamp down my frustration, we'd had this conversation a dozen times in the last three days.

"Yea dad I see her perspective. We kept our fights with Rick from you and mom; we lied about how Jake kept getting injured. I know it was wrong and I know what that kind of thing that adds up to. But honestly dad I don't know what to do anymore, I've apologized, I've explained; hell dad I'VE begged; but it doesn't do me any good, it doesn't change her mind." I said, loosing the grip on my frustrations.

Dad sighed exasperatedly somewhere to my left, He knew all this, like I said, we'd had this conversation enough times to know the flow of it.

"I know Zeek, and I'm sorry." Dad said and I could hear the exasperation in his voice.

"I know dad...and I'm sorry too. I shouldn't be so surly over this. It's just...what do I do?" I asked. This was it; I was at a loss. Nothing I did or said could persuade mom to be reasonable.

I had talked to her, Jake and I had apologized and explained things. She and Jake's mom had gotten into a near shouting match over it and nothing came from it. She still believed Jake was unstable and a potential danger to me.

"You wait Son, that’s all you can do. I think...I think this has moved beyond something you or I can fix. I'm gonna talk to your mother tomorrow, talk to her about maybe getting some help. I don't want you to mention it to anyone; I'm only telling you this to put you on your guard, so you don't push too hard. Do you understand me Zeek?" Dad asked, it’s not like he could have been blunter.

He was gonna try to get mom to go into therapy and I wasn't to be an asshole about the fact or push her too hard on the subject of me and Jake. I was to wait and be patient.

"Yea I dad, I got you. I think I'm gonna turn in early. I'll see you in the morning." I said and dad agreed.

I waited till the door shut and I his footsteps receded before I got up and locked the door. I pulled off my clothes and my glasses and got into bed and buried my face in the pillow and cried out my frustrations.

It wasn't fair...I had to be punished because mom had issues she couldn't resolve. I had to sit around bored....and more importantly alone because I couldn't be with Jake. Jake wasn't just the guy I loved...he was my only friend...Sure I called Lou, Lawrence, and Miranda my friends but I was never very comfortable around them...not alone...not without Jake.

It had been that way since I lost my sight...I was always worried that I was dragging my friends down because I couldn't see...because I had to walk with a cane and sometimes had to have things done for me or read to me. It wasn't even two months after I went totally blind that I started to pull away from our friends.

Jake had always been there though...he wouldn't let me go into total seclusion. He'd sit in my room with me and read while I listened to my books on tape, we'd listen to music or just talk.

It never felt I was dragging Jake down or making life difficult for him...he always stuck by me. So in reality he really was my only friend...and now...I was alone.

* * *

Looking through my window I could see Zeek's room was empty, he must have been downstairs.

I sat down at my desk and picked up the carefully wrapped package that was sitting on it.

Zeek's birthday present. Inside the little wrapped box was a stainless steel and black rubber ID bracelet, nothing flashy or expensive. Nothing your normal, run of the mill, teenage guy wouldn't wear. What made it special is the fact that I had the ID plaque on it engraved, not with Zeek's name or initials but with mine...and on the back I had the word 'Lifer' engraved in Braille, Zeek and I had always said we'd be friends for life...and now I hoped we'd be more.

I hoped to god that I wasn't being to presumptuous when I had it engraved. I had bought it when Zeek and I were still just friends but after we confessed our love for each other I decided to have it engraved. I had one just like it and had it engraved with Zeek's initials and 'Lifer' in Braille, but I wouldn't wear it unless Zeek wanted to wear his.

Other than the fact that it would make me happy as hell I hoped Zeek liked it for the simple fact that I couldn't buy Zeek anything else...I had spent any surplus I had from my summer job to buy the bracelets and have them engraved, everything else I had I needed for upkeep on my car, that was the condition my parents gave me for having my own, I paid for the upkeep.

Originally I had this whole big night planned for me and Zeek, I was going to take him out tonight so that his parents could do whatever they wanted on Monday night; not that it was going to happen now though. Zeek's mom made it perfectly clear that we wouldn't be spending any unsupervised time together this weekend.

"I suppose I could use the money I had earmarked for dinner and what not with Zeek tonight and put it toward something else, in case Zeek doesn't like you...or feel comfortable wearing you." I said quietly to the little red-wrapped box.

I sat there thinking to myself until mom pushed the door open.

"Jake honey, Lawrence is on the phone for you." She said and held the cordless out to me.

"Thanks mom," I said as I took the phone," Hey Lawrence, what’s up...no plans why...I guess...let me check with my folks."

* * *

"Zeek honey, come down here please. You have a visitor." Mom called up the stairs.

Normally that would have been happy news but the only person I wanted to be around was Jake, and I know she didn't relent and let him come over.

"Who is it?" I asked once I made it down stairs.

"It's your friend Louis, honey why didn't you tell me you had plans? Your father or I could have driven you over instead of Louis coming all the way over here." Mom asked and I had a hard time not looking confused.

Before I could formulate a response I felt the familiar touch of Lou's hands on my arm.

"Teaching you poker, Braille cards, play along." He wrote quickly, I prayed mom couldn't read it.

"Dang Lou...I'm sorry...I forgot about the card game. I hope you and Lawrence aren't mad at me." I said and Lou tapped my arm once, his sign for no.

"Good boy lay on the guilt." Lou wrote and I had a hard time not smiling.

"No...I'm glad. I didn't even ask my folks. Let me make sure its OK." I said and Lou double tapped my arm before he let go.

"You guys wouldn't mind if I went over to Lawrence's for a little while would you? He and Lou want to teach me to play poker; they got Braille cards and everything." I asked, hearing dad comeback to the room.

"No son, not at all. Just make sure we have Lawrence's number and be back no later than ten, you have school tomorrow." Dad said, there was something a little too...understanding...in his voice.

I felt a piece of paper being slid into my hand and Lou wrote 'numbers' on my arm.

"Thanks a lot; this is the number you can get us at. I promise I'll be home by curfew." I said before grabbing Lou's arm.

"Lou will you come up to my room for a sec, I've got that book Lawrence wanted to borrow, I'm just not sure which one it is." I said, I needed an explanation.

Once Lou and I were in my room I closed the door and turned in the direction of his breathing.

"What’s going on?" I asked, not that I wouldn't be interested in learning poker.

"Can't tell you, surprise." Lou wrote on my arm, he was smiling, I dunno how I knew but I know it was true.

"I hate surprises...look do you think we can somehow get Jake involved...I haven't been able to give him my birthday gift yet." I said pulling the package from out of my nightstand.

"Maybe, give it to me and I'll put it in my bag." He wrote onto my arm and I handed over the wrapped package to him.

Still confused and more then a little apprehensive I pulled on my socks and shoe's and grabbed my shades, cane, and coat and let Lou lead me back downstairs.

"Be careful honey, have a good time!" Mom called as Lou and I made it out the door.

Lou led me to a car and helped me in. As we drove I kept track of the number of turns we made and whether they were left or right, but considering I hadn't thought to keep track of how long it took us I couldn't figure the distance we had traveled.

Once we were parked in what I assumed to be a driveway Lou took me into a cool, open feeling room, from the smell of motor oil, metal, and other chemicals I assumed it was a garage, going up a set of three hard steps, concrete if I had to guess, confirmed my guess.

The part of the house we had entered was warm and the scent of pork cooking, mingled with onion, garlic, and pepper hit my nose. I inhaled deeply, it smelled good.

"I thought I was here to play poker?" I asked quietly, suddenly aware that Lou had moved from my side.

"Hello?" I asked and jumped in surprise at the pair of arm's that slid around my waist.

"Hello to you too." Jake's voice as low as his lips pressed against my neck.

I relaxed back against Jake's chest as he let his lips trail along my neck till he got just behind my ear.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I turned in his arms and wrapped my own around his waist.

"Honestly I have no idea. Lawrence called and asked if I want to learn to play poker. My plans for the night were...well...put on hold so I figured it would be fun to learn the game." Jake said and I had to smile...we were being set up.

"That's pretty much what happened to me, Lou showed up to pick me up for a poker lesson I didn't know I had." I said and Jake laughed.

"Is Lawrence here too then?" I asked and Jake said he was.

I let Jake take my hand and led me through the house, noting the turns we took and letting my fingers glance along any furniture around me.

"It's about time you two got in here." I heard Lawrence's voice and Jake pushed me down on to what felt like a couch.

"Yea, it's about time you two told us why we're really here." I said and Jake echoed my agreement,

"Don't know what your talking about, you guys are here to learn how to play poker. We figured you could use a night with the boys...we heard what's been going on with Zeek's folks and you guys not being able to see each other." Lawrence said and I heard the sound of card's being shuffled.

I knew there was something else going on, the little note of glee in Lawrence's voice was too obvious, but I decided to let it drop for now and learn how to play the game.

"We're paying five card draw, pretty standard, the Braille is on the upper left hand of the cards Zeek. We won't worry about betting right now, we'll just teach you guys about card values and what not." Lawrence said and I felt five cards pushed into my hand.

Lawrence explained hand ranking and discarding, and the all important bluff, as well as betting procedure even though we weren't using chips this time around,

I had to admit that it was pretty fun once I got the hang of it. Lou was easily the hardest person to beat. I can usually tell when someone is lying by their voice but since Lou couldn't speak Jake and Lawrence had to rely on his sign, and I had to rely on Jake or Lawrence's translations.

"Zeek, has anyone ever told you that you have an amazing poker face? If we had been playing for cash you and Lou would be taking IOU's from both me and Jake." Lawrence said and I saw a golden opportunity to play.

"Well Lou might take IOU's but I could probably find something a lot more fun for Jake to do to work off his debt." I said and squeezed the inside of Jake's thigh...a little TOO high up.

"HEY HEY HEY, watch where that hand goes, that is a no jizz couch." Lawrence said and once again I heard the sound of a hard flesh on bone collision.

"Lou smacked Lawrence on the head again?" I asked Jake who answered yes.

"Ha, ha, ha. I am glad you guys make my abuse into something comical. If you're done laughing it up then go into the dinning room, we'll be in in a minute." Lawrence said and Jake pulled me up off the couch and led me into another room.

"What's going on?" I asked as Jake came to a sudden stop.

"I think we've been set up. This place is decked out for what looks like a candle-light dinner." Jake said and I had to suppress a grin.

"Describe it." I said and Jake laughed.

"There is a clear, heavy glass candle holder in the middle of the table, it has eight tea light candles in it; the table is round, dark wood. There are two place settings, side by side; along with two short stemmed wine glasses and what looks like a bottle of grape juice in an ice bucket." Jake said and led me around the table and pulled out a chair for me.

"Well we wanted it to be special but you guys are under aged so we couldn't use real wine." Lawrence said and I heard two sets of feet and that scent of pork and veggies I had smelled earlier came back to me.

"Alright you two tell us what's going on." I said and I heard Lou's laugh.

"We knew Jake had an evening planned for the two of you, we also know that your mom is being...well let's just say difficult...we decided to set this up for you two. The first birthday as a couple is very important after all." Lawrence said but there wasn't a lot of conviction in it.

"This was Lou's idea right?" I asked and I heard Lou's double knock.

"Yea it was his idea but I cooked." Lawrence said as Jake sat me down.

"You guys aren't joining us?" Jake asked and Lawrence answered no.

"Enjoy." Lawrence said before I heard what sounded like a bunch of dishes being sat down then a door shutting.

* * *

Neither of us said much as we ate; Lawrence's spread was great. A pork roast cooked with green peppers, onions, and potatoes, and a mixture of spices I couldn't place, it was good though.

It wasn't until we were done eating that I noticed two wrapped packages sitting on a small table on the far side of the room, one I immediately recognized as the bracelet I had bought for Zeek, the other was a thin, flat package I didn't recognize.

"I think these are for us." I said as I got up and retrieved the packages, noticing Zeek's hand writing on the thin, flat one.

"Actually this is yours from me." Zeek said as he handed me the thin flat package.

"This one's yours from me...I hope you like it." I replied nervously.

"Well...what are you waiting for, open it." Zeek said and I had to smile...always the eager one.

I didn't mess with being neat; I ripped the paper off and stared in awe at the framed picture.

"Do you like it?" Zeek asked nervously.

Like would have been an understatement. The picture in my hands was ten year's old, to the day, It was easy to recognize, smiling up at me from the photo were eight year old versions of Zeek and I. Another thing that marked us easily were our superhero t-shirts, my Incredible Hulk one and Zeek's Red Ranger Power Ranger shirt.

Zeek's head was right next to mine, with his arms around my neck. I was showing off how strong I was by taking him on a piggy back ride around my backyard. I saw the dark green Incredible Hulk watch reflecting the sunlight off my wrist, and the dark cord around Zeek's neck, from which hung a flat double sided Power Ranger's charm, on one side was the Red Ranger's helmet, and on the other side was his T-Rex Zord.

The Red Ranger had always been Zeek's favorite one.

"I love it Zeek...you know, I still have that watch." I said and had to wipe the tears out of the corner of my eyes, that birthday had been my favorite...until this one.

"I'm glad...I still have the necklace too. That was the best birthday I had ever had." Zeek said with a smile and for some reason he blushed red around his ears.

"It's your turn Zeek." I said quietly and Zeek nodded.

Unlike me Zeek was careful; he followed the folds with his fingers and carefully pulled it apart at the taped points till the little black box was revealed.

"What is it?" Zeek asked excitedly as he shock the box, I was glad the cotton inside was muffling the sound.

"Open it and find out." I said with a smile.

Zeek opened the box and pulled the bracelet from between the cotton pads. I watched as Zeek ran his thumb over the cursive engraving of my initials then turned it over and felt the Braille inscription.

"'Lifer'' I didn't think you remembered...it's been a while since we last said it." Zeek said as little tears trickled from under his glasses.

"It may have been awhile since I said it Zeek but you know I'll always mean it, just in a different way now." I said as I pulled off Zeek's shades and looked into his cobalt eyes, wishing they'd focus on me instead of staring vacantly over my shoulder.

"I love you too Jake." Zeek said as he fumbled with the latch of the bracelet.

"Let me." I said and took the bracelet and fitted it onto him.

"You don't have to wear it if you don't want to...I mean it's got my name on it...or you could turn it over so no one will see the engraving." I said and Zeek shook his head.

"We need to get you one too." Zeek said with a smile and I lifted his hand and put it over my right wrist, on my bracelet.

"I already have one, it has your initials with the inscription," I said and Zeek smiled, "You'll have to take yours off when you go home, your mom sees something with my name on it and she'll go nuts." I said and Zeek shook his head.

"No, I'm not taking it off, not unless I'm forced to....this is like a wedding ring to me." Zeek said quietly as tears slipped down his face.

I put my hand on the back of Zeek's neck and pulled his face close to mine and pressed my lips against his. I flicked my tongue against Zeek's lower lip and his own tongue darted out and collided with mine. Quick enough Zeek took control, pressing his tongue against mine and pushing further inside, brushing the full length of mine, Zeek tasted so good, the grape juice covering the rest of the taste, made him taste sweet.

"When did you get so aggressive?" I asked as we pulled apart, each breathing a little heavily.

"I dunno. Why, you didn't like?' Zeek asked, looking a little worried.

"No, I didn't like, I loved it." I said and kissed him again.

I reached out and wanted to lift Zeek onto my lap, and would have if Lou and Lawrence hadn't come into the room.

"Well...we were going to see if you wanted to have dessert with us, but it looks like you're already having it." Lou signed and I translated for Zeek, who smiled.

"NO, I was about to get some when you two came in, can you go out and come back in about twenty minutes?" Zeek asked as he climbed onto my lap, making the others stare in shock.

Zeek though was shaking with suppressed laughter; I could feel it vibrating through his chest and ribs. Finally he couldn't hold in anymore and he collapsed against my shoulder, roaring with laughter, I couldn't take it, I wrapped my arms tighter around his waist and laughed with him, his actions and Lou and Lawrence's faces were just too priceless.

They didn't take Zeek's joke well though. Before either of us could compose ourselves Lou and Lawrence found their way to our side, suddenly Lawrence had me in a head lock and was giving me a nuggie and Lou was on his knees, tickling Zeek's sides at a blindly fast rate.

My cries of, 'Ow, ow, ow' were mingled with Zeek's frantic child-like laughter.

"You guys...are so...going to pay for that." Zeek said once the others had released us.

I couldn't speak though, the whole scene was just too much, dinner with Zeek, then getting my ass kicked by one of my best friends, too many things to fully process.

"I love you guys." I finally decided and grabbed the others, (both of whom were standing up by my head) and pulled them down to my level, laying loud wet kisses on the cheek of them both, much to everyone's general amusement.

"Yea me too." Zeek said and put a hand out to each of them, after apparently marking where their stomachs were Zeek reared back with both fists and landed a slight punch on each of them, hard enough to make them clutch their stomach in surprise but not enough to do any damage.

"I told you you'd pay for it." Zeek said with a smile, Lou and Lawrence just looked awed.

* * *

The night was over way too quickly, soon it was nine forty five and Lawrence was driving my back to my place, he wanted to meet my parents.

"You two are real good together you know. I saw Jake looking at that picture you gave him before we left; he looked at it like a drowning man looks at a life preserver." Lawrence said and I had to take him at his word, having never seen a drowning guy and a life preserver, but I got the concept.

I didn't respond though, I just let my fingers trace the engraving of Jake's initials on my bracelet.

"You should take that off, your mom will freak if she sees it." Lawrence said, echoing Jake.

"Nope, never." I said and put my hand over it protectively.

"Alright then, give me your hand then." Lawrence said but didn't wait for a response; he took hold of my wrist once we were in my driveway and quickly took off my bracelet, before I could protest he was clipping it back on, with the Braille side facing up.

"You mentioned once before that your parents couldn't read Braille, just tell them it means something else." Lawrence said as we got out of the car.

I smiled and led Lawrence up to the door and let the two of us in.

"Mom, dad, I'm home." I called out and immediately heard light foot steps’ coming toward me from the kitchen, mom was on her way.

"You must be Lawrence." She said and I felt Lawrence pass me, presumably to shake mom's hand.

"Yes Ma'am, it's good to meet you." Lawrence replied and I heard mom giggle a bit, no idea why.

"Well it's very nice meeting you, but I've got to be getting home. Thanks for letting Zeek come over, he's a real card shark, if you don't mind I'd like to make it a weekly game and include Zeek." Lawrence said and I suddenly felt bad for my jab to his gut...he was snowing mom so Jake and I could spend some time together.

"No I don't see a problem with that, so long as it's not a weekday night. You boys have school after all." Mom replied; I couldn't help but smile.

"No worries Ma'am, none at all. I'll see you and Jake at school tomorrow." Lawrence said and I cringed inwardly...mom wouldn't like hearing Jake's name.

"He's a very nice boy, is he a friend of Jake's as well?" Mom asked as I navigated to the kitchen, I knew she was going to do this.

"You know he is mom." I said, I remembered dad's words but right now they didn't seem very important.

"Was Jake at Lawrence's tonight?" She asked and the tone was unmistakable, if I said yes I was a dead man.

"No he wasn't, just me, Lawrence and Lou." I said as I rummaged in the fridge for the milk jug.

"Then where did you get this." Mom said as she snatched hold of my wrist and ran her fingers over the Braille; I was silently praying she hadn't taken it up.

"Lou and Lawrence, it was a birthday gift. The Braille means friendship." I lied, and I sounded rather convincing if I say so myself.

Before mom could answer though I heard a heavy set of footsteps enter the room, dad had come in.

"Have I interrupted something?" Dad's voice was nervous but there was a bit of anger there too.

"Nope, not at all. Mom was just admiring the birthday gift Lou and Lawrence gave me." I said and heard mom agree.

"I'm going up to bed, night, love you both." I said and hurried out of the kitchen, Mom and Dad's low 'love you too' reaching me as the door swung close behind me.

I didn't stop till I was in my room, not even when I stumbled half way up the stairs, grabbing the banister to needlessly steady myself. I just crawled up to the landing on my hands and knees, hearing their muffled voices from the kitchen. I knew I could spy through the vent but the idea wasn't even tempting.

I made it to my room, stripped out of my clothes, tossed my shades onto the nightstand and climbed under the covers and fell asleep tracing the Braille on my bracelet.

* * *

"It's going to work out you know. Zeek's mom can't keep you guys apart much longer now. You're eighteen after all." Lou signed to me as we sat in my drive way, I had to come home later than Zeek, in case his parents saw me.

"It doesn't matter if we're legal adults or not Lou, so long as Zeek lives there he has to follow their rules; even if he hates it. If I could I'd move the two of us in together and take care of him.

I can't do that though, at least not yet. So long as Zeek lives with them he has medical coverage, which he needs.

Maybe after we graduate I can get a job and take care of him if his mom is still like this. Unless she tries to ship him to California again...then we'll be gone, high school be damned." I replied, hoping the venom I put into my emotions showed through, since I wasn't being verbal.

"You really mean that don't you, you'd give up everything just to stay with him." Lou replied, looking stunned.

"In a heart beat." I replied and Lou smiled.

Lou reached into the back seat and picked up a large wrapped package, it felt like a basket.

"What's this?" I asked and Lou smiled wide.

"Mine and Lawrence's gift for you and Zeek, we figured it would be safer to give it to you, you can show it to Zeek later. Wait till you're alone to open it." Lou signed and I was suddenly afraid.

"You need to go, before your folks wonder why we've been sitting out here for twenty minutes.

I agreed and wished him good night and went inside. The house was dark and quiet, mom and dad must have gone to bed early, I'm glad they left the door unlocked, I hadn't taken my keys.

Once I was in my room and turned my light on and locked the door, just in case, before I ripped open the package. Inside were eight bottles, six of them were full of a different colored liquids, the other two were dark brown.

I picked up one the clear bottles, a dark red one, and red the label.

"Edible Cherry Massage Oil." I read quietly and felt the blood rush in equal parts of my face and between my legs as I though of using it on Zeek.

I put the cherry oil back into the basket and looked through other ones; the Root Beer and Caramel ones look very tempting. After looking through all the oils I picked up the other two bottles, which were heavier than the oils. I popped the top open and smelled one of them, enjoying the warm, heavy, and slightly musk like scent. I closed the cap and looked at the front of the bottle, some sort of bubble bath.

I took the basket over to my dresser and unloaded all of it into the bottom drawer, thanking god that I did my own laundry.

Once the basket was empty I saw a piece of paper fold up at the bottom. I picked it up and opened, it was a letter from Lou and Lawrence.

‘Hey Jake,

Lawrence wanted to give you guys this stuff in person so he could see your faces. I knew if we did you two would freak out and not take it so we decided this would be the best course.

We know you too can't see each other right now but we really hope you enjoy our gift, whatever you two do with it, make it NAUGHTY....and take pictures. (This sentence was written by Lawrence.)

Happy birthday,

L&L'

I read the letter a couple more time's it was nice to be close to other people again. I loved Zeek and I loved being around him but I missed being around our other friends sometimes, it was nice that Zeek didn't feel all self conscious around them like he did the other folks we knew, maybe it was because Lou was 'disabled' too that made him feel comfortable. Either way it was nice.

I changed into a pair of flannel lounge pants and looked out my window into Zeek's room, something which had become a nightly ritual for me. The last few days had been the first time in years that Zeek and I hadn't slept with each other, becoming inseparable at a young age and all.

I just hoped it would be over soon, I missed that closeness, the warmth and softness of Zeek's body, which, though I'd never admit it for fear of sounding creepy, I had always enjoyed, even when we were kids.

TO BE CONTINUED...
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well I hope yall liked this chapter. As always I need to give a big thanks to Rush for her work in editing. I’d love to get your thoughts so feel free to drop me a PM, an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, leave me a review to check out my discussion forum. I read and respond to everything.

Disc thread link
http://www.gayauthor...8-lovers-blind/

Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OK, the bus bit threw me a little. They drive to school! We had a big parking lot make out session and suddenly they are on the bus? And one more thing, the glasses. They seldom hide their eyes unless they are told they are cloudy or unattractive and almost never at night, that would draw even more attention. And since he has beautiful unseeing eyes, he most likely wouldn't hide them. ;) Save it for the rewrite.

A great chapter but I don't know where this suddenly came from regarding his mother's wish to separate them. At 18 he can do what he wants, his father sure won't throw him out. we'll see.

On to the next.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..