Jump to content

Strictly Business

   (3 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Soon after Sam gets a new job, he meets Brian and is immediately enchanted with him. Will Sam dare make the first move even though he is not out to anyone at his new place of work? Or will he wait to see how Brian feels about him?

Copyright © 2017 ObicanDecko; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sam Wyer

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Oh, where to begin?  Let’s do the easy bits first; this is a great story, following the beginning of an office romance between Sam and Brian, from the first moments of hesitant and awkward attraction, through to a thoroughly deserved ending.

Spoiler

The story ends at their one year anniversary and marriage proposal, so yes, it has a very happy ending.

 

Sam gets a bit more attention than Brian, but both are nicely rounded characters who are easy to like and their relationship has it’s ups and downs, which are always engaging to follow.  As you can probably tell, I like this story.  There’s no unnecessary drama, no reliance on highly unlikely and unfortunate events, and no big plot holes or major reveals out of nowhere.  Just some really cool story telling.

 

Whilst I’m thinking about nice characters - I still don’t like Jared.  I’m sure he’s always going to be bad news, but then, I’m also in a very small minority here (possibly of 1), so you might want to ignore my views on this completely.  However, I see it as a sign of how engaged I was with Sam and Brian that my reaction to Jared was (and still is) so strong as he threatened something I cared about.

 

My only problem is that it’s relatively short, and I think it could easily be a bit ‘fuller’, but then, this also means that you have even less reasons not to go and read it right now, it won’t take you months to get through.  Go on, you know you want to.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Summerabbacat

· Edited by Summerabbacat

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A very promising debut from a writer whose first language is apparently not English, not that this is apparent given the literary skills displayed by @ObicanDecko.

The characters are mostly likeable, even Jared, but not so Richard; and the storyline believable. The story progresses at a leisurely pace, for which this reader was eternally grateful. There is some drama, but nothing so melodramatic that it detracts from the story or becomes the focus of the story, rather than the characters themselves.

I have to make special mention of the delightful Bo. I am always drawn to stories where a non-human character, in this case a dog, has a "starring" role rather than a "guest starring" role. His presence added immeasurably to the story and for this reader at least, made the characters of Sam and Brian and their relationship, that much more attractive. 

A terrific read.

 

Link to review
IanDaniels

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Wonderful story

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..