Jump to content
    ObicanDecko
  • Author
  • 2,141 Words
  • 3,976 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Strictly Business - 10. The Unwanted Guest

The building door buzzed and opened, letting Sam in. He climbed two flights of stairs and rang the doorbell.

“Hey, this is a surprise!” Jared said as he opened the door.

“Yeah, sorry… Can I come in?”

“Sure, make yourself at home!”

“Sorry for coming unannounced, I know it’s late…”

“No worries, man, I was just having dinner. You hungry?”

“No, thanks,” Sam politely declined as he sat on the couch.

“Can I get you anything to drink?”

“Just some water, please,” Sam said. It was obvious that something was bothering him and he didn’t try to hide it.

“What brings you here? You seem kinda down, is something wrong?” Jared asked as he returned from the kitchen, bringing Sam a glass of water.

“Yeah, I… need to talk to you. If I stayed alone with my thoughts, I would’ve probably gone crazy. I just need to share this with someone…”

“Well, I’m honored,” Jared said jokingly. “Love problems? Or should I say – Brian problems?”

“More like my-messed-up-brain problems,” Sam said, rubbing his temples.

“Now what?” Jared shook his head. “Come on, it’s probably not as bad as you think it is. I’m sure it’s nothing that can’t be resolved with some common sense.”

Jared already knew Sam was insecure and shy when it comes to dating. Many things that came easily to Jared, like actually talking to guys, were an insurmountable obstacle for Sam. That’s why Sam knew that Jared would be the right person to talk to about this – he had probably already gone through something like this, or would at least have some good advice for him.

Sam opened up and told him all about Brian, Richard and everything that happened that day. He felt bad for sharing personal stories from Brian’s life, but he was desperate for advice. Also, he trusted Jared not to be a jerk and share this with anyone else.

“I’m afraid,” Sam said, insecure and anxious.

“…that Brian might leave you for Richard?” Jared added.

“Yes.” Jared shook his head again.

“Sam, remember when I told you I saw how you look at Brian at work? I could tell by that just how much you like him.”

“Yeah…”

“Well, in case you haven’t noticed it, he looks at you the same way. I don’t think any other guy is on his mind except you. Not even his ex,” Jared said confidently. Sam sat silently and sighed.

“They’ve been together for so long, though…”

“So what? That doesn’t have to mean anything. Sometimes it only takes a few days or weeks to realize you’re in love with someone.” Sam wondered if Jared was talking about himself, but didn’t ask anything.

“Look, you’re crazy about him, right? Then of course you’re not gonna give up,” Jared said, waving his hands as he spoke.

“Of course not… I should fight for him.”

“If he feels the same way about you, you won’t have to fight. Just be there for him, support him.”

Sam sat there, thinking about what Jared just said. It all made sense, it sounded quite simple, doable. Of course he’s not going to just sit at home and wait for Brian to call him and tell him what happened. He’s going to be there with him every step of the way.

“Why you’re not a therapist, I’ll never know,” Sam finally spoke, making Jared chuckle.

“Me neither, man…”

--

Brian was busy in the kitchen, preparing dinner. He invited Sam to come that evening so they can have a nice dinner together and maybe a sleepover. He knew Sam wouldn’t be able to resist his skills, both in the kitchen and in the bedroom.

Bo was sleeping on the couch, tired from a walk they just took around the block. When he heard a knock on the door, he immediately raised his head and started barking. That got Brian’s attention and he came to see who it was. He didn’t expect Sam so early. Unfortunately, it wasn’t him, but the person he didn’t want to see.

“Richard, hi,” he said as he opened the door. He was not surprised since Sophie warned him he might come, but he wasn’t thrilled either.

“Hey… You look good, Brian,” Richard said. “Can I come in?”

“Sure,” Brian said. Richard gave him a hug and entered. The tension was palpable, but Richard was determined to try and alleviate it.

“So, how have you been?”

“Good… Great, actually.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“You? Still working in that gallery?”

“Yeah, still there. Been promoted to manager recently,” Richard said proudly, as if he was expecting applause.

“Oh, well, congratulations.”

“Thanks... I take it you heard from Sophie that I called?”

“Yeah, she told me.”

“I wasn’t sure how you’d react to me just showing up, and I didn’t have your new number, so… I thought I’d call her to see how you were doing. You don’t mind, do you?”

“Not really… I mean, I can’t stop you from calling her.”

The two men sat on opposite sides of the couch, scanning each other, as if trying to figure out as much as they can about the other one just based on their faces and body language. Brian was wary of Richard, while Richard was trying to determine if he still had any chance, no matter how small.

“It’s been so long since we sat together and talked… Feels like ages,” Richard said and moved an inch closer to Brian. “So, are you seeing anyone?”

“Actually, yeah, I am. Happily involved… with a great guy,” Brian smiled, for the first time that evening.

“Oh, that’s… good to hear. Is it serious?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“You think so?” Richard smirked.

“What about you?” Brian cut him off before he could say one of his snappy remarks. Throughout the conversation, Brian was periodically checking his phone and messaging Sam.

Brian: We’re still on for dinner tonight?

Sam: Sure baby. What time?

Brian: Whenever u want. btw Richard’s here. If u don’t wanna come, I get it.

Sam: No, I’ll be there. Can’t wait to see you!

Brian: Same here baby. xo

“No, not currently seeing anyone… At least nothing serious. You know, that’s actually why I wanted to see you. I’ve been thinking a lot about us, how we ended things…” Richard continued.

“Oh?”

“Brian, I know what I said back then, but I never meant to hurt you. I still care about you, you know. We had an amazing time together, didn’t we?”

“We did, but that’s all in the past now. No point in bringing it up…”

“Maybe we could go back to how it was again? It’s not like we have to get married to have a relationship,” Richard rolled his eyes. “And you know how good we were in the bedroom…”

“Richard, we can’t. That’s not what I’m after… Besides, I wasn’t enough for you and I accepted that. I’ve moved on, and now I’ve found someone who wants the same things I do. Someone who really makes me happy.”

Talking to Jared put things into perspective for Sam. It helped him realize that he can’t just sit on the sidelines when it comes to his own relationships. It’s his life, he’s not just an observer, but an active participant.

When Brian texted him that Richard was there, he got dressed and hurried to Brian’s apartment. He wanted to get there before Richard left. Still, when he finally got there, he was nervous, his palms were all sweaty and he felt like he had a hole in his stomach. He had no idea what he would say. He took a deep breath and rang the doorbell, but all of his anxiety vanished as soon as Brian opened the door and smiled at him. Just seeing his face made him feel good.

“Hey, baby,” Brian gave him a peck on the lips and hugged him.

“Hey, you,” Sam smiled and followed Brian into the apartment.

“This is Richard. Richard, this is my boyfriend, Sam,” Brian introduced them to each other. Awkwardness was present in abundance. Sam was trying to assess the situation, since he just got there and didn’t know what the two of them had been talking about. Had they been arguing? Reminiscing?

On the other hand, Richard was surprised – he didn’t expect Brian’s new boyfriend to be so young. What did Brian see in him? Were they really that serious? He thought he and Brian could at least be friends again, and then over time maybe he’d make him remember all the good moments they had, until they got back together. But hearing that he has a new boyfriend, and now seeing him in the flesh, was not something he was expecting.

After some awkward small talk, Brian had to go to the kitchen to check on dinner, but remained within earshot. Sam pretended to do something on his cell phone, trying to ignore Richard. However, Richard kept poking at Sam, wanting to find out as much about their relationship as possible. He wasn’t impressed with Brian’s choice of guys at all.

“I didn’t know Brian was into kids,” Richard said sarcastically.

“I don’t know about that,” Sam said, looking at his phone, and then raised his head and looked Richard in the eyes, “but I know he’s into me.”

“Yeah… So, how long have you two been going out?” Richard asked, raising his eyebrows very slightly.

“Long enough,” Sam responded, refusing to play any of Richard’s games. It was clear to him why Richard came here. He wanted Brian back, or at least he thought he did. Maybe his other ‘options’ failed, maybe he wanted him just because he was now unavailable. Whatever the reason, Sam knew he was not going to let him spoil his relationship with Brian.

“Look, Sam, I know you think you and Brian are the perfect match… But I’ve known him much longer than you have. I was with him much longer. Trust me on that.”

“And your point is?” Sam shrugged his shoulders.

“I know what he wants, a real man by his side. Not a fleeting romance with a… boy,” he shook his head. “What could you offer him?” It was a rhetorical question to which he didn’t expect an answer.

“All of my love. Unconditional,” Sam replied, his eyes welling up with tears. “Because I love him with all my heart, which is something you couldn’t do. Something he deserves.”

Brian took a step forward so that the other two men would notice him standing there. Both of them turned to look at him – Richard with a confused look on his face, and Sam with watery eyes.

“Richard, you should go,” Brian said, holding his gaze on Sam. His complete focus was on Sam and what he just said. He didn’t care about anything else, he just wanted to be alone with his boyfriend.

“Fine… I can come another time…” Richard started to reply.

“You really don’t have to. Nothing’s changed between us. Move on and just… forget where I live.” Brian said flatly, moved to the door and opened it.

Without a word, Richard got up and left. Brian closed the door behind him and turned to Sam, who was still standing in the same spot. They looked each other in the eyes, as Brian came up to him and took him by the hands.

“Did you mean what you just said?” Brian asked, his own eyes starting to well up now. Sam smiled at him lovingly and stroked his cheek with his hand.

“Of course. You’re my Brian… I love you so much,” Sam said gently, looking him in the eyes, a soft smile on his lips.

Brian took Sam by the shoulders and pulled him in for a kiss, mustering all the passion inside of him and letting it explode in Sam’s mouth. He couldn’t feel or hear anything else, just Sam’s lips on his own, Sam’s arms wrapped tight around his body, his words echoing in his head: “I love you so much.” This was the first time he told him that. Their soft, hot lips melted together. He never felt such closeness with anyone, Sam was now a part of him.

As they finally broke the fiery kiss to take a breath, Brian gently cupped Sam’s face with his hands and brought it close to his own.

“My beautiful Sam, I love you too.”

Both men closed their eyes, as their mouths met once again. Sam parted his lips, letting Brian in, hungry for his taste and his touch. He held his arms around Brian even tighter, thinking he’d never be able to let go. These words were all he wanted to hear, but he never in a million years thought they would feel so good.

Once again, big thanks to everyone for following this story! :*)
Copyright © 2017 ObicanDecko; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 27
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was definitely an interesting chapter.  Sam was brave and direct in his conversation with Richard.  To top the conversation, he  let Brian know exactly how he felt about him.  Richard may try to come back to Brian, but the message should have been clear to him.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Onim said:

Beautiful...love the way Sam HANDLED Richard, who thought he was in charge of something...HA! :rolleyes: Veryyyyyy nice!! :heart:

thank you for the kind comment, as always :) Sam is not giving up on his love!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, WildcatLes said:

This was definitely an interesting chapter.  Sam was brave and direct in his conversation with Richard.  To top the conversation, he  let Brian know exactly how he felt about him.  Richard may try to come back to Brian, but the message should have been clear to him.

Thanks! I think Sam surprised everyone, including himself :P

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thank you for a great story! I just hope this isn't the end, because I'm pretty sure Richard has at least a couple more attempts in him. Rejected bitches be like that sometimes. 😉

 

And of course, a follow-up on Jared is a must. Thanks again!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, rewski84 said:

Thank you for a great story! I just hope this isn't the end, because I'm pretty sure Richard has at least a couple more attempts in him. Rejected bitches be like that sometimes. 😉

 

And of course, a follow-up on Jared is a must. Thanks again!

thank you for the nice words! :) and no, it's not the end yet!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

Bye Bye Dick!!!  Don't come back, you're not welcome. That's the way hit the bricks. Yay!!!! Sam and Brian!!!

 

Okay I'm liking Jared more so far.

The only dicks Sam and Brian are thinking about now are each others :*)

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I like it when things go right, although I still have a hard time believing that Jared is anything but trouble.  Thanks for another great chapter.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Sam Wyer said:

I like it when things go right, although I still have a hard time believing that Jared is anything but trouble.  Thanks for another great chapter.

Damn, what does he have to do to earn your trust :P

Thanks for the support!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Damn, what does he have to do to earn your trust :P

Thanks for the support!

I don’t know, he’s called Jared, it feels like a ‘bad guy’ name in this context.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Jared is a good friend to Sam. And he gave him great advice.

 

Richard, on the other hand, is an asshole. I hope he leaves Brian alone and realizes he screwed up, and he can't just waltz back into Brian's life and sweet-talk him in hopes of getting back together.

 

And good for Sam for sticking up for himself! :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Perfect!  Jared proved himself to be a good guy, Sam grew a pair, and the rash is gone.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, tesao said:

Perfect!  Jared proved himself to be a good guy, Sam grew a pair, and the rash is gone.

thank you so much for reading and commenting! I hope you enjoy the next chapter when I get to it!

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Lisa said:

Jared is a good friend to Sam. And he gave him great advice.

 

Richard, on the other hand, is an asshole. I hope he leaves Brian alone and realizes he screwed up, and he can't just waltz back into Brian's life and sweet-talk him in hopes of getting back together.

 

And good for Sam for sticking up for himself! :) 

I agree on all accounts! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..