Jump to content
    Parker Owens
  • Author
  • 1,304 Words
  • 9,675 Views
  • 44 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Predator Prey - 1. On the Prowl

em>This chapter contains the use of drugs to obtain sex.

It was cold outside, and dark. The temperature was dropping, and the wind was picking up. There would be rain soon, lots of it. He was glad to get inside the warm, dark tavern. His blue eyes scanned the bar, considering the possibilities.

He was definitely hot, and definitely on the prowl. He was bored with his roommate. Bored with the usual encounters he had on campus. He needed something different. Someone new. Tonight.

The place was nothing special, but it was off campus and alive with a younger crowd, many of them students, but lots of younger twenty-somethings, (and probably a few illegal late teens) who were out for a good time on a Friday night. The lighting was dim, the walls dark and covered in forgettable sports memorabilia. The smell of beer and bar food was unmistakable. Some kind of music with a strong, insistent beat thumped away, but the noise of conversations and the laughter of a couple of dozen groups was too much for it to be anything more than indistinct.

Most of the tables were taken with groups of four or five in mixed groups. He frowned. He was looking for pairs, or for isolated boys waiting for something to happen.

He sat back to watch, to observe.

There.

That one might be a good catch. Not too young,, smooth shaven, strong jawed, and chatting in a detached way with a couple of others. Clearly they were just acquaintances, not a party. When the others moved off, he would move in.

He was a predator watching the unwary prey. He smiled at the thought.

It had been too long since he had broken in someone new. There was always the delectable surprise of what he did to them; how the knowledge of what he had done with them choked them with guilt and shame. And then watching them crumble from it; knowing he had the power to hold them back from the precipice, and the power to let them go over it. Playing that string out, letting them run, then reeling them back in - it never failed to turn him on. It was a game that could last for weeks, months even.

There were endless possibilities. After the initial shock, guilt and fascination in equal measure would have the prey creeping back for more. Of course, sometimes a little incentive helped. But that was for later.

This boy, now. Hell, maybe a man, by the look of him. He was a little older than his usual prey, maybe mid-twenties. He might not fall prey to seduction, not easily. Might need some encouragement. Great build, hot body, even under that shirt. Even from where he sat, it was obvious that a hot, tight, desirable piece of ass filled those jeans.

The two acquaintances moved off. The target was alone. This was it.

He rose and strolled over. He smiled his best, most dangerous smile.

“Hey. I’m new here. Can I get you something?”

The target looked surprised. They always did.

“Sure, I guess. My name’s Ted.”

He stuck out his hand. The warm, firm grip sent a tingle down the spine. The game was on.

“Beer?”

“Yeah, OK.”

The beer was smooth and like the conversation that followed, it went easily enough. They exchanged pleasantries, checked out classes and hometowns, swapped some lame jokes, and watched the bar fill up. He couldn't tell if the bigger man would come to him willingly, or if he'd need some kind of inducement.

He was careful to let Ted drink more quickly.

He flirted with Ted, subtly at first, but a little more openly as Ted drank more. He didn't mind buying. The hook was being carefully baited.

Before long, they were old friends.

He knew Ted lived in residence – he’d seen the key card in Ted’s wallet when he fumbled trying to pay for a beer. He’d picked it up before Ted could get out any money. Really, Ted would be repaying him far more later on.

Time to pull on the line a little.

“Hey.” He almost needed to shout, now. “I’m gonna head out. Do you need a ride back to campus?”

Ted looked up at him, handsome, open, innocent. Deciding.

“Sure, that’d be great.”

Coats gathered, hats pulled on, they made their way outside and over to the car. It was chilly still, and heavy droplets were falling steadily now.

He parked in the student lot, careful to put the car in a place that meant they would have to pass his own residence hall. Getting out of the car, he turned up his collar against the rising chill and caught up to Ted who was starting down the sidewalk. At the doorway to his own residence, his pulse quickened. He paused, trying to control the tremble of anticipation he felt inside. Ted would definitely need a little convincing.

“Hey, I got some stuff with a little extra kick up in my room. You up for some?”

He flashed his best smile, despite the wind and spray in his face. The security lights glared in the darkness, illuminating the rain beginning to slash down across the campus walkways.

Ted seemed to hesitate. A gust of wind blew a spate directly into their faces.

“Sure, why not?” Ted grinned.

In the room, they stripped off their wet hats and coats, tossing them on a chair. The central living area was picked up but not particularly tidy.

“Hey, make yourself at home. We have cable,” he said amiably, gesturing at the forty inch television that graced one wall of the social room.

The couch beckoned. Ted sank down onto the cushions.

“So what is this stuff you’ve got?”

This was the tricky part with guys who needed to be persuaded. It worked best to keep one’s back to the mark, so he turned away.

“Hey, it’s a surprise.”

Glasses came out of a cabinet. Unseen, he slipped out a little packet of powder. He deftly deposited the contents in one of the glasses. He covered the action by rummaging in the cabinet, clinking bottles. He poured a little Stoli – not too much – and some tonic into each glass and turned back.

The glasses were set on the table in front of the couch.

“So, can you get the Leafs game on that thing?” Ted pointed to the television.

“Sure. There's hockey even in the tropics,” he laughed. But he couldn’t find the remote, so he stepped across the room to turn on the TV and found the station.

He reseated himself, watching, waiting.

His blue eyes glittered when Ted reached for his glass.

He picked up his own, shook out his blond curls, and smiled wickedly.

“Cheers.”

Ted made a face. “Wow, what is this?”

“It’s special Stoli I got from a friend out west. What do you think?”

“Not bad. A little weak though.” Ted took a long pull.

He took a pull of his own.

Ted watched the game for a moment, quietly following the action on the screen.

“Is the game OK with you, or did you have something else in mind?”

He most definitely had something else in mind, but it would wait a few minutes. His game wasn’t on the TV, and it was almost over.

They watched in relative silence for a time.

He looked over at Ted.

“Maybe I did have another idea.” At least, that's what he'd meant to say.

Suddenly, he seemed to have trouble concentrating on watching Ted for signs the little packet was working. The world seemed to slow down around him.

He tried to say, something like “Turn off the TV,” but the words just didn’t want to form properly.

And then the fog rolled across his brain, he remembered nothing more.

em>I feel deep appreciation to Craftingmom, whose kindness in editing this story made it possible to share; and to Mikiesboy, Spike and Carlos for their beta reading, advice and encouragement.
Please leave a review. I appreciate all comments of every sort and variety.
Copyright © 2017 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



So Ted switched the drinks... very clever, great start, intrigue.

 

On a different note, I like chapters of 1200 to 2000 words, you can read one or two and don't forget where you are (pity there's no place holder, like turning the corner of a page... haha).

 

Looking forward now to chapter two.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/01/2016 09:54 PM, William King said:

So Ted switched the drinks... very clever, great start, intrigue.

 

On a different note, I like chapters of 1200 to 2000 words, you can read one or two and don't forget where you are (pity there's no place holder, like turning the corner of a page... haha).

 

Looking forward now to chapter two.

I am glad you thought this a good start, and hope this remains a good read. Thanks for taking up the story.

Link to comment

Yay! Here it is! It's delicious, like a big chocolate cake! So, good, makes you want another piece. Everyone will want the next chapter...I do!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Despite having read the introduction to this, I followed the path you constructed - expecting your protagonist to be the hunter right up to the jolt when suddenly I realise that already the tables have been turned.

 

One tiny fault to my English ears was the use of the word 'tavern' - too olde worlde for its context - but that's my problem not yours. :)

 

I wait eagerly for what follows.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I love how the tables were turned at the end. The prey wasn't as clueless as the predator thought ;) You've warned us this is going to be a bumpy ride. I'm strapped in and want more now, please. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What a start! I can hardly wait for the next chapter - and to get the backstory about Ted...
Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/01/2016 10:54 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Yay! Here it is! It's delicious, like a big chocolate cake! So, good, makes you want another piece. Everyone will want the next chapter...I do!

A cake is an interesting way to see it...perhaps the icing is kind of bitter at first, but there is good stuff in the layers, maybe. More pieces are coming, certainly! Thanks for reading!

Link to comment
On 10/01/2016 11:12 PM, northie said:

Despite having read the introduction to this, I followed the path you constructed - expecting your protagonist to be the hunter right up to the jolt when suddenly I realise that already the tables have been turned.

 

One tiny fault to my English ears was the use of the word 'tavern' - too olde worlde for its context - but that's my problem not yours. :)

 

I wait eagerly for what follows.

Sorry about the tavern; its so common a usage here I didn't even think about it. I so glad you chose to take up this story. Ted turned the tables swiftly and adeptly; the predator had no notion of it at all. Thanks for your review. There will be more coming in the coming week..

Link to comment
On 10/01/2016 11:26 PM, Valkyrie said:

I love how the tables were turned at the end. The prey wasn't as clueless as the predator thought ;) You've warned us this is going to be a bumpy ride. I'm strapped in and want more now, please. :)

Yes. Prepare for turbulence ahead. The predator found himself trapped in device of his own making. Thanks for your review; more is coming next week...

Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 12:11 AM, mayday said:

What a start! I can hardly wait for the next chapter - and to get the backstory about Ted...

Thanks!

Thanks for reading the first installment of this story. You are most welcome, and I hope you find it a good read...

Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 01:10 AM, Lux Apollo said:

You've hooked me, as usual. :D

Well, now the hook is set, and there is plenty of line...thanks for starting this story, and

I hope you will find it to be worth your while to complete. I am so glad you are along for the ride!

Link to comment

A great first chapter with a quick twist! :2thumbs:

 

I assume the next one is written and ready to be rolled out. (or just rolled as the story could go) ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great beginning, Parker. I read your recent status, and I wasn't sure what you meant... I was so relieved this wasn't about child abuse. I picture Ted hiding the remote while the drinks were made, giving him the time needed to turn the tables. Looking forward to the next piece of cake :) ... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 04:39 AM, skinnydragon said:

A great first chapter with a quick twist! :2thumbs:

 

I assume the next one is written and ready to be rolled out. (or just rolled as the story could go) ;)

I am glad you took the chan to read the first chapter, happier still that thought it was okay. The next chapter is coming next week. Thanks for the support and the thumbs up...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 06:13 AM, Headstall said:

Great beginning, Parker. I read your recent status, and I wasn't sure what you meant... I was so relieved this wasn't about child abuse. I picture Ted hiding the remote while the drinks were made, giving him the time needed to turn the tables. Looking forward to the next piece of cake :) ... cheers... Gary....

Thanks for wading chaos one, Gary. We can imagine what happened, but the predator had no idea what was in store for him. Glad you are looking forward to next week's installment; the cake gets a little denser next week. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So, the old switcharoo. I hope they are still teaching that, as we can see here, it's fair play and sometimes a good policy to follow.

 

At this point it's totally too early to tell if Ted did this on purpose or just as a reflective act of 'what if.' However, the disappearance of the TV remote seems to point to a more planned approach.

 

Intriguing start; we shall eagerly await to see what happens next.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 01:11 PM, droughtquake said:

Well this feels very different from your usual style, Parker. As always, I look forward to seeing where you take us!

I'm glad you felt the difference. Glad you chose to take up the task of reading this story. More is coming next week...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 12:20 PM, AC Benus said:

So, the old switcharoo. I hope they are still teaching that, as we can see here, it's fair play and sometimes a good policy to follow.

 

At this point it's totally too early to tell if Ted did this on purpose or just as a reflective act of 'what if.' However, the disappearance of the TV remote seems to point to a more planned approach.

 

Intriguing start; we shall eagerly await to see what happens next.

You saw it coming, I suppose. But the predator did not. I am glad you are intrigued!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Parker!!! I was so excited to see a new story from you!!! :D:D And Val didn't even have to tell me about it this time! :P

 

So, I'm REALLY SLOW on the uptake, and when I read the first two reviews I kept thinking, wait, what does the remote have to do with anything? lol So I thought the predator accidentally gave HIMSELF the drugged drink! What an idiot I am! lol

 

So Ted is onto this guy. He has awesome instincts; this guy is dangerous.

 

Can't wait for the second chapter!! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Was Ted planning it from the get go? Was he waiting to picked up? As the remote was nowhere to find, I was sure, he switched the drinks. I'm waiting impatiently for more!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 03:44 PM, Lisa said:

Parker!!! I was so excited to see a new story from you!!! :D:D And Val didn't even have to tell me about it this time! :P

 

So, I'm REALLY SLOW on the uptake, and when I read the first two reviews I kept thinking, wait, what does the remote have to do with anything? lol So I thought the predator accidentally gave HIMSELF the drugged drink! What an idiot I am! lol

 

So Ted is onto this guy. He has awesome instincts; this guy is dangerous.

 

Can't wait for the second chapter!! :)

How glad I am you chose to pick up this story. I hope it will hold your interest. So what happened with Ted? It isn't clear, is it? But the outcome is...the tables turned, and the predator passed out. Did Ted finish watching the hockey game? There will be more next week. Thanks so much for your review and remarks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/02/2016 04:07 PM, glitteryantlers said:

Was Ted planning it from the get go? Was he waiting to picked up? As the remote was nowhere to find, I was sure, he switched the drinks. I'm waiting impatiently for more!

So many questions. No answers from me, though...sorry about that. There will be more in TheHe coming week...hang on. Thanks so much for picking up this story; I hope you find it worth your while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Interesting... A mistake or a planned swap? But unless I'm reading this all wrong, turning the tables on him might not spark very much sympathy in readers. Could he be getting a taste of karma?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..