Jump to content
    Parker Owens
  • Author
  • 31 Words
  • 1,089 Views
  • 15 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spice Rack - 10. Admission

Another complementary flavor. If you detect a poetical transgression, you may take me to task for it.

Knock then,

the house listens,

all anticipating

your fevered request desiring

entrance;

call out

in the night, no stranger begging;

the narrow door opens,

a portal meant

for you.

I offer AC Benus and Asamvav111 my deep thanks for their help and inspiration. I also thank all those who choose to leave a comment on this poem.
Copyright © 2017 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

You've ratcheted up the heat with a dash of ghost pepper in this one. ;)  Yet another offering of steamy goodness.  Well done, Chef. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

You've ratcheted up the heat with a dash of ghost pepper in this one. ;)  Yet another offering of steamy goodness.  Well done, Chef. :) 

 

Some ghost pepper, indeed. I'd hoped to curry favor with this one. Glad you are continuing to enjoy the feast!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I'd hoped to curry favor with this one

 

:lol:  I'm not sure if that was intention play on words, but well done.  

 

You've given us a taste of so many flavours and spices in this collection, and have ratcheted up the heat in several.  I think I need to make sure I'm in an air conditioned room when I read these ;)  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You are very kind to read and comment on these. I am glad they add a certain amount of spicy savor to the day. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The house listens... For some reason I can't explain (not now at least) that line just made me pause and breathe. Beautiful and so rich with meaning. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

The house listens... For some reason I can't explain (not now at least) that line just made me pause and breathe. Beautiful and so rich with meaning. 

 

Thank you for reading that line as deeply as I felt it. Some reactions need no explanation. That made my day. 

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Yet another sensual and eloquent play on words. Another Maestro!

 

Thank you for reading this. You've been most kind. The senses are often heightened by spice , yes?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This is definitely the best poem yet produced by you and that is saying something given your repertoire. Ecstatic.

Thank you for sharing this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You make me blush. That is high praise, and I am grateful to you for it. There were many good metaphors to play with here, though. I hope this one helped the Spice Rack live up to its name.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You use such ordinary language to such extraordinary effect. It imbues everything with a sexiness that pages of x-rated prose could never hope to achieve.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, northie said:

You use such ordinary language to such extraordinary effect. It imbues everything with a sexiness that pages of x-rated prose could never hope to achieve.

 

I hope the censors don't get wind of this collection. Thank you for reading and for your thoughtful comments. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/8/2017 at 6:49 PM, Defiance19 said:

Parker, your words reach deep inside and blow me away. Beautiful... 

 

If a poem makes you think, or touches you, then I have done well, I hope. Thank you so much. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..