Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spice Rack - 7. Exploration

Some zest, perhaps? If you find an error, attribute it to me.

Slowly,

one at a time,

languidly unbutton,

unfasten, unbelt, unfold, and

unmask;

warm breath,

lips ghosting on air-chilled shoulders,

sing to sinew and bone

of passion and

heaven.

I am very much indebted to AC Benus and Asamvav111 for their help. And I am most grateful to those who leave comments on this small collection.
Copyright © 2017 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mmm, doesn't feel zesty to me. Feels like a good whiskey ... not to dump back but.. in a fine crystal glass.. sipped slowly and with appreciation.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Still on a slow simmer having added those last seasonings, savoring the rich heady scent that rises in the steam ... the dish is nearly ready.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Every word is a delight to the senses.  Zesty, indeed.  Nicely done, Chef. :) 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mmm, doesn't feel zesty to me. Feels like a good whiskey ... not to dump back but.. in a fine crystal glass.. sipped slowly and with appreciation.  

 

Fine whiskey, aged for years to maturity...nice metaphor, very nice. Its fiery trail burns all the way down, igniting unquenchable passions. Thanks for reading this, and for a whole new avenue of thought!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Still on a slow simmer having added those last seasonings, savoring the rich heady scent that rises in the steam ... the dish is nearly ready.

 

Sometimes the aroma that rises from the stove captivates the senses well before the meal begins. But the flavors are still blending, taking parts of one another on. Thanks so much for your kindness in reading this and for your comments.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Every word is a delight to the senses.  Zesty, indeed.  Nicely done, Chef. :) 

 

It is a piece to heighten the senses, yes? And merci for my new title! I shall need a new hat!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Two areas of observation. First, what a wildly successful poem! It captures a moment in time like skin-prickling anticipation itself, and how wonderful is that! Secondly, I have hesitated exploring the Cinquain stanza for myself mainly because the short syllable lines must contain words of weighty compactness. Here, you show me how it's done; I am a student to your mastery of your form. Bravo! 

 

 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Two areas of observation. First, what a wildly successful poem! It captures a moment in time like skin-prickling anticipation itself, and how wonderful is that! Secondly, I have hesitated exploring the Cinquain stanza for myself mainly because the short syllable lines must contain words of weighty compactness. Here, you show me how it's done; I am a student to your mastery of your form. Bravo! 

 

 

 

Your words make me blush. So much has been written about love and passion, it was daunting to try. Having a structured form helped, ironically. If you think it worked - if the sense and thrill of that moment you describe comes through - then I can smile. Many, many thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Delicious! To be enjoyed with Champagne and strawberries... Perhaps! 😋

 

These flavors are some of my favorites. As are the slow, sensuous moments of revelation. Thanks for reading and commenting!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh... I like this...  'languid' paints the picture of familiar ease. This is not new and hurried... no... not to me... this speaks of knowing, and savoring... measuring our anticipation... superb... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/30/2017 at 7:34 AM, LitLover said:

Not hurried, but a slow and sensual moment.  Beautifully described, Parker.  

 

Thank you, Lit. Nice and slow and savored. Some flavors require this. Glad you liked it. 

Link to comment
On 6/30/2017 at 4:12 PM, Headstall said:

Oh... I like this...  'languid' paints the picture of familiar ease. This is not new and hurried... no... not to me... this speaks of knowing, and savoring... measuring our anticipation... superb... cheers... Gary....

 

Languid is such a good word, better than lazy. You hit all of its connotations perfectly. How nice this one connected with you. Thanks for reading!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Umasked. That's how it should be. Truly naked.  

 

Thank you; I agree - this is as it should be.   Hope you enjoyed this added spice from the rack. 

Link to comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. 

50 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

I feel time slow down with this one.. Relishing each moment in the best way possible.

 

 

Time stretches out, then compresses - it's so like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Also a nice poem. I like the alliteration in the beginning and I really liked this line, "lips ghosting on air-chilled shoulders." I think I felt goosebumps ;).

Edited by BDANR
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you very much for your comment. If you had a physical reaction, that makes me very happy, indeed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..