Jump to content
    Puppilull
  • Author
  • 107 Words
  • 600 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Puppilull's poetry prompts - 13. Poetry prompt 9 - Sonnet

I first saw your body, beauty and strength

Perfection like that is rare to behold

As water caressed you length after length

My shyness in check, I dared to be bold

 

Like satellites in orbit we drew near

Our own little universe, that freezing pool

All pretense and excuse getting so sheer

Hours spent talking, teenage me acting cool

 

Naive obsession with an older man

Who lied words of love in a whispered voice

Relieving boredom was your sordid plan

Not strong enough to make another choice

 

From my mistake this hard lesson was learned

Given love is not always so returned

A simple little poem, but it reflects that time all those years ago. I was so young...
Copyright © 2016 Puppilull; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow. Beauty, and clarity. A sad but real remembrance... You painted a brutally honest picture... kudos, Puppilull. The rhyming scheme worked nicely... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

Imagine me sitting on the bus, holding my phone and murmuring your poem with a clogged up nose. I got very interesting reactions. One was 'that's sad', the other 'lesson learned'. Funny was, I thought the same. A not so little poem, Puppi. I like it very much.

Link to comment
On 10/23/2015 05:00 AM, aditus said:

Imagine me sitting on the bus, holding my phone and murmuring your poem with a clogged up nose. I got very interesting reactions. One was 'that's sad', the other 'lesson learned'. Funny was, I thought the same. A not so little poem, Puppi. I like it very much.

Oh, that was the cutest review ever! I actually can picture you sitting there, maybe wrapped in a warm scarf? It's funny, I hadn't thought of this memory as sad, but I guess he hurt me more than I realized... I wrote it so fast, I was afraid I was skimming through my feelings. But perhaps not

 

Thank you for reviewing and reading out loud!

Link to comment
On 10/22/2015 02:35 PM, Headstall said:

Wow. Beauty, and clarity. A sad but real remembrance... You painted a brutally honest picture... kudos, Puppilull. The rhyming scheme worked nicely... cheers... Gary...

Thank you! I felt it came so easy to me. Almost too easy, but apparently I managed to convey my feelings.

 

Thank you for reading and reviewing!

Link to comment

First off, I love how you toss off one of your sonnets as 'a simple little poem.' It's anything but, but it does my pedagogical heart good to see you pull out a sonnet because it was the right form for your poem. I love that!

 

This poem pulled me right in. It opens with the type of sensuality I associate with the verse of men-loving-men, but then ends with a bit of regret. That part is effective for me, and makes me a bit sad.

 

I think this is fine poem, and the sonnet form works perfectly for what you want to do. Good job!

Link to comment
On 10/23/2015 07:05 AM, AC Benus said:

First off, I love how you toss off one of your sonnets as 'a simple little poem.' It's anything but, but it does my pedagogical heart good to see you pull out a sonnet because it was the right form for your poem. I love that!

 

This poem pulled me right in. It opens with the type of sensuality I associate with the verse of men-loving-men, but then ends with a bit of regret. That part is effective for me, and makes me a bit sad.

 

I think this is fine poem, and the sonnet form works perfectly for what you want to do. Good job!

Maybe I was a bit hard on this particular poem... It did feel so easy to write that I figured it was simple, but now in hindsight I think perhaps it opened a door to feelings, true feelings, I had hidden away. Perhaps you reading it saw something I couldn't.

 

I'm actually very pleased but a bit confused that you get a man-on-man feeling. I have been writing some of that in my ongoing prompt story and I constantly fear I will end up writing women in men's bodies. So to achieve that feel is a confidence boost. At the same time, the poem is about me and I'm no man... So that makes me wonder if I'm too influenced by hanging out here? Or is it my masculine side peaking out?

 

Thank you so much for reading and giving me valuable feedback in your review. These challenges make me work and think in a different way. Very good change of perspective on my writing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..