Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,391 Words
  • 2,756 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 4: Dracula - 31. We Are Family

I love you, Daniel. I miss you.

I went down to the holding cell to check on…our guests. We would leave soon and some decisions needed to be made.

“Well?” I asked Lucian who pretty much had checked out mentally. Staring at nothing, read nothing and just…sat. “What do you want to do?”

“I don’t care,” Lucian said sadly, but completely dejected.

I got closer to the bars. “I see that. I wish things had been different. I think we could have been friends if things had been better.” I looked at the others in the cell with him. “They will go to a holding facility in the United States.” I looked at Lucian more carefully. “You can go with them…or…”

“…or die,” Lucian said simply.

“We can’t let you out the way you are,” I said. “A vampire out with no serum? Even if you just feed on cow’s blood.”

“Iilya’s gone,” Lucian said so softly I would have missed it if we weren’t that close. “Nothing left now. Not even ash.”

“Yes, he is gone.” I nodded. “I can’t tell you it will be alright and I can’t say I understand. I do know he was a huge part of your life for so long…I can’t advise you, but I hate for anyone to give up and die. I don’t want you to die. If you choose to die, that’s your decision. I will understand it, but…”

“You’d be better off if I were.”

I frowned. “Why do you say that?”

“Iilya was…unlike anyone I’d ever known.” Lucian said and I saw him smile at a memory. A fond one. “He was a little crazy.”

“I noticed.” If I was heartless, it wouldn’t matter the pain I saw in those dry eyes and I knew tears would be coming if he could produce them. “You’re smiling at something. Would you share it with me? Make me understand there was good in him.”

Lucian looked at me and didn’t say anything at first, but then I saw his face change. It took on an almost pleading look. “He was coarse and he was…” he thought of the words, “thick in the head, sometimes. But when we were alone, he could be so…gentle and kind. Tender.” He laughed a little. “He was big. I mean he was tall and large…handsome…he wasn’t…bad, not really. There was good in Iilya at times.” He said in a pitiful voice. “He could get angry with me, he could yell and break things, but…he could also be loving, he would comfort me…he could be a very violent man.” He suddenly stressed to me, “but he never hit me! Never. That’s why I know he loved me.”

Now, I did feel a little better about this. “You need to remember those times when he was loving and kind to you.” I smiled thinking about it. “You were together a long time.”

Lucian nodded. “More than fifty years.”

“You probably knew when he was tired or upset or just needed you. You could probably read him easily.”

Lucian gave a nod. “I did. I could read him.”

“Lucian, you two were married.”

Lucian’s eyes grew. “What? No, we never…”

“Did he know when you were upset? If you were in trouble, did you doubt he would be there?”

Lucian shook his head. “No, he was there.”

“You may not have done the aisle and vows part, but you two were definitely married,” I said simply. “Was he home with you when you weren’t hunting?”

Lucian nodded again. “At first, I knew he was with me just to get to Dragon.” Then he laughed. “At first…but when it was plain it wasn’t going to work to get Iilya what he wanted…he never asked me to leave. He wanted me around.”

I smiled. “He liked your company.”

Lucian nodded. “He did. I liked his…when he was being nice or at least civil.” He shook his head and pounded lightly on his forehead. “They really messed him up.” He shouted angrily. “There were…things he…he was okay with giving me love…but he…it was hard for him to take it from me, but he would. You know what I’m talking about?”

I nodded. “Sure, Colin and I both do that, the giving and receiving. Why are you telling me this?”

“He was a good man!” He said angrily. “They took him as a child! He was just a little boy and raped him and conditioned him and tortured him to be this…killer, this monster, but he wasn’t.” He tapped on his chest. “Not in here. He was smart. They made him this monster before he was bitten! To kill!!”

“Okay.”

Lucian got up to grab the bars. “He had dreams…vampires aren’t supposed to have dreams at all as we don’t have normal sleep. What he saw were memories of things they did to him. Of regrets, the good man inside despised what he had done! He was a good man they turned into that thing!”

“You knew him,” I said.

“No one else could.”

I had tears. “You’re making me care about him.”

“I want you to know he was a good man! He couldn’t help it! They made him the ways he was!!”

Walking closer, I reached out and touched Lucian’s hand. Was that dangerous? It could have been, but I didn’t think he’d try anything. “I believe you, Lucian. Iilya was a good man some bad people used. Just like Repetate and Iustina…those two vampires that lived in this cage…he, like them, was made to be what he was. I do believe you.” I said sincerely. “I believe you and I know you love him. I get that. Yet, what he did…what you did…understand…” now I was crying, “he shot my Colin. He wanted to deny me my chance for fifty years with the man I love. I couldn’t let that happen. I did not want to shoot anybody. I had no choice, he had to be stopped.” I looked in his eyes. “I can’t even fathom what you feel right now. I really don’t want you to die, Lucian. Really, I don’t. Hear me, believe me. Don’t die! I hurt…for you.” I said as another tear came down my face unchecked. “No, I can’t know your pain, but I can see it on your whole body.” I wiped my face and sniffed. “Colin says I love everyone. He’s right, I do. What you did, for whatever reasons…you will be held a while until you can be trusted.” I shrugged. “You know you have the time. Please, don’t choose to die. I do care about you. In time, I might like you enough to call you a friend. Can you give me a few decades to find out? Tell me about Iilya. He sounds very complicated, but you knew him. Through you, I can know the man you knew, even just a little. Please?”

Lucian wasn’t quick to respond and I could only guess he must be feeling numb. I would.

“If I don’t hear you want to end your own life…we will plan to move you to the United States. You will be on the serum. It will hurt.”

Lucian nodded.

I had to stop to collect myself and wash my face. Poor Iilya. Poor Lucian!! If I lost Colin, I’d want to die. I had no doubt about that. I would die.

 

I went back to join the people in our group about to do Colin’s favorite thing. Eat. Okay, his it was his second favorite thing; eating. You know the first thing. It was my favorite thing, too. Colin looked up and smiled instantly as I walked up and he waved for me to sit by him telling Mark to make room. I looked across the table as Wayne and Amasis were sitting together, but seemed to be enjoying their own conversation. But what I really liked was the fact that Amasis was…more at ease with Wayne than I saw him with his wife! He wasn’t a god now. The pressure was off. He wasn’t approaching Wayne as a god. He was just a man sharing a meal with someone he really liked. I was sitting between Colin and Mark. Stan was having an animated conversation with my mother on Stan’s other side. Willie and Alex were talking. Sorin, Vasil, and Alin were at the table talking. For what had just happened with Lucian, I felt this feeling very content, happy and…here, with him and the others at the table.

“What’s going through your mind?” Colin asked cautiously moving his head back a little, not certain how to take…whatever expression was on my face.

I chuckled at him, pulling Colin close, kissing him. “See what you did.” I waved at them at the table.

Colin looked but shook his head not understanding what he should see. “What?”

“All these people are here, because of you,” I said. “I know this has been a tough battle to get here. A few years ago, all I wanted was a job! I get you! You bring me in. Then Gabriella. You bring us together with George and Willie.” I smiled at the many faces. “I feel…at home and yet we’re thousands of miles away from home!” I grabbed Mark’s hand causing him to look at me questioning, he smiled and then Mark squeezed back. “I love every single person at this table! I’m sure I’ll be including you, Vasil soon. I like you now a lot.” Vasil grinned and nodded. “I’m just…relishing in that realization. It just feels…so good.” I shrugged. “Because of you.”

Colin smiled as he looked around the table, but shook his head. “I disagree. They are here, because of us. Wayne’s here because of you and what you did. You insisted we get Willie out of that abandoned subway. Amasis is here because of you.” Which I was going to argue. “No, you were the one to talk to him to get him to understand what he really is. I didn’t do this alone.” He motioned between the two of us. We did it. We are a family.”

“Wait! I’ve got it! We simply tell them the truth!” Vasil said suddenly at the table from a conversation he was having with Sorin.

“About us and them being vampires!?” Gabriella balked.

Vasil shook his head. “One of the things Dragon said in his broadcast is…you are not cursed. What you have is a medical condition.” He shrugged. “That’s what we say. There was an attack. The…” he did the air quotes, “attackers used a virus or something potentially deadly and would be deadly for others if they returned home…so they were all quarantined! Held for treatment until we got it under some control.”

“What will we say it is?” Stan asked. “Doctors in their home countries will want to know what it is.”

Vasil frowned, but there was a light in his eyes. “Do I have to think of everything?” He chuckled. “You’re the genius, look something up on that computer wonder you call Buddy!”

“We’d need to be able to back it up,” I said.

Colin nodded. “Medical backing…what about Dr. Jolene Hathaway in England? She works with MI5.” Colin said looking at Wayne. “You remember her?”

Wayne nodded smiling. “I don’t think she was ever scared of me.”

“We have three great medical minds…Dr. Petran here, Dr. Hathaway from England and George!” Colin smiled. “Somebody has to come up with something that will work!”

“With backing from some people in the government positions, it will work!” I nodded happily.

 

As the meal was ending, I looked over to the table with Marty and Robert. They really weren’t talking at all, but they sat together eating quietly. I sighed at them. I spoke often with many victims of the attack. I explained why we were doing what we had to do and most…were naturally upset, even angry, but they understood. I felt Colin press against me more beside me and his voice softly right in my ear.

“Why don’t you talk to them?”

“I have,” I said as just quietly. “They know what’s going on.”

Colin nodded. “Okay. Then why don’t you go over, talk and listen to them?”

I shrugged. “I will…after dinner.” I turned to face him more. “I love you, Colin.”

His smile was there and just grew a little. “I know.” He kissed me gently. “I love you.”

“I know.”

 

It was after dinner that I did walk over to the two friends sitting on the floor, but again, not really talking. Robert looked up and his face frowned.

“I’m not doing anything.” He defended quietly, but sourly.

I sat down next to them. “Yes, you are.” I smiled at them. “You’re not engaging in anything…no talking or even trying.”

Robert looked at me surprised. “What?”

“You two are friends?” I asked.

Marty nodded. “We were.” He emphasized the past tense of the word more prominently as he looked at Robert a little sadly.

“Tell me about yourselves,” I said. “Tell me how you met.”

“We were both students at UCLA,” Robert replied and looked at Marty. “We were roommates for the last two years. We just graduated in June of this year.”

“Robert and I weren’t allowed like some kids do, to travel Europe after high school after graduating…you know…they spend a year traveling? So, we used some money we got after graduation to come to Europe to travel afterward.” Marty said.

“Sure.” I smiled nodding. “That’s a good plan. You became roommates by choice?”

“We chose to be the last year.” Marty nodded. “We got along and yes…we are friends.”

“Look, I am not gay!” Robert defended again.

“Well, that’s a shame,” I grinned, “but you are friends,” I said to Robert. “Who you have sex with isn’t anyone’s business except for you and that other person. I get the feeling you two are becoming distant from each other.” I sighed. “You were right, Robert. What happened is not fair. It should never have happened…but it did.” I pointed at Marty. “You’re not blaming him, are you? He didn’t want this.”

Robert looked at his friend. “No.” But his voice wasn’t as sure about his answer. He did blame Marty a little.

“This has been very upsetting. You both have lives. You want to go back to that life. I understand that. Please see, we’re doing everything we can to get you back that life…or any life.” I pleaded. “You want to go home,” I said to Robert. “At home, everything will be fine, right? Only, going home won’t change what happened.” I smiled at Robert. “It won’t erase what happened. Robert, you’re here because you were there. You saw. Now, you know about us. You know about Marty. We’re coming up with a plan to get you home. I promise. There are people in higher offices that know the truth and will help you. We will help you.”

Marty nodded. “You’re a vampire.” He said what he felt from me.

I nodded. “I am, just like you are now.” I grinned at Robert. “My father…” I pointed to Willie, “is a vampire and is not gay. Alex, my son-in-law is not gay. My mother and daughter are not gay. Not everyone that becomes a vampire is gay. It’s just different with us. I don’t know why, but it is.”

Robert nodded with a grin. “But you have to admit, there are a lot that are gay.”

I shrugged. “At least the people involved are of age and the same species. We’re all human. Just…don’t blame Marty. He didn’t do this. It was done to him. Don’t lose hope or your friendship. You’re both alive and you will get home. Do what you have to, keep your friendship going. Don’t lose that. What were you planning to do in life?”

Robert looked surprised at the question. “Become part of one of those Fortune 500 companies.”

Marty chuckled. “Come on, Robert…” Marty looked at me, “he gets these erotic dreams about becoming this mega-CEO of a big company.”

“Really?” I grinned. “Well, do you know who Colin Wentworth is?”

“Not really. I know he’s rich.” Robert said.

I nodded. “How about a company that has gone global and we’re talking about revenue in the billions and growing?” I patted Robert’s arm. “Instead of looking at what you lost, see what’s in front of you.” I waved at Colin. “We need people and we can use smart people to keep the VUN going.”

“The VUN?” Marty asked. “What’s that?”

I chuckled. “It’s a name I gave us. The Vampire United Nations. There are opportunities if you stay with us. We will help you and we can. Just be patient.” I said. “You’ll be home soon.”

I smiled as Robert was no longer anxious or sullen. His face held hope for some unknown possibilities.

 

Going back to my family, I was pleased to see Dragon and Gaius had joined us.

“How are they?” Colin asked as he looked and saw Robert and Marty were now talking. Behaving like friends again as Robert began to practically cackle and shook his head at something Marty said.

I chuckled. “They’ll be fine. Robert’s problem was…he was scared. This has been way outside of things Robert was able to deal with.”

Colin leaned in kissing me. “I knew you could help. You do have an almost magical way with words.” He pressed his forehead against mine. “I guess you’ve spoken with Lucian.”

“Yes.” I nodded sighing. “This situation with him and Iilya were more complicated than I thought. Lucian is bound and determined to let me know Iilya was a good man.”

Colin’s eyes widened as his head went back a little. “You’re kidding.”

“No,” I said nodding. “Lucian told me Iilya is just like the Old Ones. He was made what he was. Lucian was in love with Iilya and saw value in that man. Lucian told me things that say just that.” I gave a grudging nod. “And it’s working. Iilya was capable of being a nice man. Iilya did love Lucian.”

Colin nodded. “You told me there was more with Iilya before Lucian told you those things.”

I nodded, but…looking in Colin’s eyes…those beautiful emerald green eyes. Words can’t convey how I felt for Colin. Silently we communicated and Colin was getting the message as he began smiling softer. My message was sent and he sent his reply.

“Excuse us,” Colin said quickly getting up, but pulling me up with him. “We’ll…be back…sometime.”

There was a chuckle from the other who knew why we were leaving.

Getting back to the room, Colin began to undress quickly as I did. I stopped him and pulled him into a deep, consuming…tried to inhale and bring all of him into me type of kiss. Hands were everywhere, touching, kissing full of desire and just raw lust. It was love! We couldn’t get enough of each other. Now, Colin and I did our favorite thing. We connected again. I loved touching Colin and him touching me! Passion was again at full throttle, explosive and urgent. There was nothing in the entire universe was more perfect than two human beings touching like this. I don’t know how long it was. It was almost one long…intense orgasmic blur. It was LOVE!!!

No, I can’t tell you how long, but with one last grunt, I came again at last in Colin, who was gripping me close using his arms and legs. I felt him cum again with a quick gluteal “AAAHH!” between us between our stomachs. I collapsed on him as we both were glistening with sweat and breathing hard…trying to steady our breaths and heart rates.

“I…” I panted, “love you…” I quickly inhaled, “Colin.”

Colin nodded but was still gasping. Just slowing down his heart. “I know.” He said pulling me…as if he needed to we were as close as we could possibly get. “I love…” he said, “you, Devon.” He said bringing me in for a kiss. Not the rushed, urgent…got to get it now kind we started with, but slow…still a little consuming, but it was love. Telling the other thank you and how much we meant to each other. He squeezed me to him more.

“I know,” I said.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The way Devon collects allies and convert enemies into friends, the VUN will soon become a formidable entity. The family is growing is all that's in Devon's mind. Great chapter. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm glad that this story continues for awhile, I love the story and the charters in it. The way that the characters just interact with each other it's like they know what is needed to be said or done when the time is right. I really like how Devon can get people to open up and tell him about what they're feeling at the moment. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, such as Robert who is struggling with the fact that his friend was attacked and they're both being held in the caverns and not allowed to contact anyone on the outside, Devon just went over to the table they were sitting at and spoke to both Robert and Marty as well as listened to them, Robert was upset because he thought he was going to miss out on the opportunity of becoming a big time CEO of a fortune 500 company. Both Robert and Marty were told that the VUN is doing everything they can to get everyone home again they just need more time to get the story about what happened in Transylvania at Dracula's castle to be such that when everyone goes home they'll be able to say that they were attacked and then they were held in quarantine for awhile to make sure that they were healing from the attack and make it appear to be some kind of medical reason. I hope that this story continues on more and more. Thanks for writing this amazing story. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I keep meaning to mention this, but I keep getting distracted.  ;–)

 

A few chapters back, Devon said Colin was (Acting) President of the VUN. Then there was a small disagreement because Colin believes Devon is the real leader. I believe Colin should be Prime Minister, the one who gets things done. And Devon should be President, a more ceremonial role where he goes out and talks to the people.

 

Or maybe they can be CEO/CFO (Chief Executive Officer/Chief Financial Officer) and COO (Chief Operations Officer) – in this case George would be CMO (Chief Medical Officer), Mark seems to be Chief Security Officer and Stan is Chief Technology Officer.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..